BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 313 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA-
Pre Season Poll

Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Spalding
Carroll

Wrong ... This is much more realistic poll in today's climate

Spalding
Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Carroll

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope those kids like losing - because that’s what Spalding does best. They will be lucky to win 1 MIAA game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA-
Pre Season Poll

Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Spalding
Carroll

Spalding
Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Carroll

Calvert Hall - best starting 10 in the country out of teams with no PGs - not as deep as the past 2 years
St. Marys - good at every position and enough talent to win it all
McDonogh - some holes but strong where it counts, great coaching, not as deep as in years past
Gilman - deep with jr/sr at every position, Coach Matthews' swansong, fogo? Team has to change culture of mediocrity
BL/SP/Loyola - each team has very talented players as well as major holes, all lack depth but could surprise the top 4
Severn/St Joes/Spalding/Carroll - Severn likely belongs on the BL/SP/Loyola line

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA-
Pre Season Poll

Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Spalding
Carroll

Spalding
Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Carroll

Calvert Hall - best starting 10 in the country out of teams with no PGs - not as deep as the past 2 years
St. Marys - good at every position and enough talent to win it all
McDonogh - some holes but strong where it counts, great coaching, not as deep as in years past
Gilman - deep with jr/sr at every position, Coach Matthews' swansong, fogo? Team has to change culture of mediocrity
BL/SP/Loyola - each team has very talented players as well as major holes, all lack depth but could surprise the top 4
Severn/St Joes/Spalding/Carroll - Severn likely belongs on the BL/SP/Loyola line

This last post is really accurate IMHO. I would move BL up though. VERY experienced 'D' and a strong 'O'. Middies, goalie and lost FOGO will be their '?'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only have a few players from that club. Some were very good club players but as all the kids grew and caught up to them they fell back with the pack of very good lacrosse players. I think St Johns has a few from that team as well but in the end many of the other kids from the HOCO league caught up to them by the time summer started last year. What that shows is how important practice is and with the kids practicing everyday in high school it will be much different. I hope they all have very successful starts to the high school season. I will give one word of advice do not take a spot on a varsity team unless your son is a STARTER. They will learn more from playing in games not watching and waiting. The JV teams are very good and they will get better playing.

They got 9 of the best Hawks players. The 2nd tier went to St John's. Still very good players but not the top guys

LOL, Grading kids out in 8th grade is "Fools Gold". If you give me 15 very good 8th graders, 8-10 pan out (start for a top 6 MIAA or comparable public school champion) in high school and 4 start on a top 20 D1 roster. Unless both parents and all of the siblings are Olympic (eg. Carl Lewis) or D1 athletes, no one knows for sure.

No doubt, but as of the fall as 9th graders, the kids better were the Spalding kids. Of course that can change. The Hawks at St Johns are very good too. My son is a Hawk who went to a totally different school so no bias here. They all will excel. Every kid on the current team will have D1 opportunities in college. Having 9 D1 kids from 1 class from 1 Club program is significant. i don't know enough about either roster but it doesn't take a lacrosse savant to figure out both squads will be towards the top when these kids are juniors and seniors. They are better than the others their age

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only have a few players from that club. Some were very good club players but as all the kids grew and caught up to them they fell back with the pack of very good lacrosse players. I think St Johns has a few from that team as well but in the end many of the other kids from the HOCO league caught up to them by the time summer started last year. What that shows is how important practice is and with the kids practicing everyday in high school it will be much different. I hope they all have very successful starts to the high school season. I will give one word of advice do not take a spot on a varsity team unless your son is a STARTER. They will learn more from playing in games not watching and waiting. The JV teams are very good and they will get better playing.

They got 9 of the best Hawks players. The 2nd tier went to St John's. Still very good players but not the top guys

LOL, Grading kids out in 8th grade is "Fools Gold". If you give me 15 very good 8th graders, 8-10 pan out (start for a top 6 MIAA or comparable public school champion) in high school and 4 start on a top 20 D1 roster. Unless both parents and all of the siblings are Olympic (eg. Carl Lewis) or D1 athletes, no one knows for sure.

No doubt, but as of the fall as 9th graders, the kids better were the Spalding kids. Of course that can change. The Hawks at St Johns are very good too. My son is a Hawk who went to a totally different school so no bias here. They all will excel. Every kid on the current team will have D1 opportunities in college. Having 9 D1 kids from 1 class from 1 Club program is significant. i don't know enough about either roster but it doesn't take a lacrosse savant to figure out both squads will be towards the top when these kids are juniors and seniors. They are better than the others their age

That's silly. If all 9 of those kids play D1 lacrosse I'll eat my hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way are there 9 D1 kids on that Hawks 2022 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one who is remotely serious about lacrosse is sending their kid to Spalding. They are a glorified B team team and the bottom of the MIAA A division every year. Never seen these vaunted 22 Hawks play - but to imply they are going to turn around the program around is a bit much? Are you really suggesting that if any of them actually make the varsity roster they are going to have an impact? Well - they aren’t. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You never know. The 2019 Cannons had 8 D1 players and the Hawks usually have better talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You never know. The 2019 Cannons had 8 D1 players and the Hawks usually have better talent.

Crabs 2019 has 13 + 3 more non lacrosse players and 2018 has 16 2017 has 16 2016 has 17 and each year they have an additional 4-5 D3 players. 9 from Hawks 2022 is not that unreasonable for a team than won HOCO Elite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2019 has 13 + 3 more non lacrosse players and 2018 has 16 2017 has 16 2016 has 17 and each year they have an additional 4-5 D3 players. 9 from Hawks 2022 is not that unreasonable for a team than won HOCO Elite.

He didn't say there were 9 D1 kids on Hawks 2022. He said 9 2022 Hawks that went to Spalding will play D1. Not counting the Hawks kids that went to St. John's and other schools. He said every player on the Hawks team will play D1. There are not 9 D1 2022 Hawks at Spalding and not every kid on that Hawks team is playing D1. Those are both ludicrous statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 MIAA schools are in the UA Preseaon Top 25 - CH, BL, McD, Gil and St Marys. Where is Spalding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didn't say there were 9 D1 kids on Hawks 2022. He said 9 2022 Hawks that went to Spalding will play D1. Not counting the Hawks kids that went to St. John's and other schools. He said every player on the Hawks team will play D1. There are not 9 D1 2022 Hawks at Spalding and not every kid on that Hawks team is playing D1. Those are both ludicrous statements.

Depends on what the players are looking for in a school. If they only care about playing D1, no matter location, then they ALL will have an opportunity to play at a D1 program. A handful would have already committed if the recruiting rules wouldn’t have changed. 71 D1 programs. Several levels of play.

Don’t blind yourself because you don’t like the HS or some of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 MIAA schools are in the UA Preseaon Top 25 - CH, BL, McD, Gil and St Marys. Where is Spalding?

What is the deal with fixation on Spalding? Did your son get cut from team ? Then hit the wall ! Couldnt get in due to grades ? Then hit the books ! Or are you just one of those small minded people who loves to put anyone and anything down to make you feel better. Then get a better life !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not my fixation. I didn’t start the thread. Happy discuss legitimate programs. Fire away...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preseason? Joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the deal with fixation on Spalding? Did your son get cut from team ? Then hit the wall ! Couldnt get in due to grades ? Then hit the books ! Or are you just one of those small minded people who loves to put anyone and anything down to make you feel better. Then get a better life !

There is no way in Hades Spalding breaks into this top 5 this year. You need 2-3 strong recruiting classes in a row, an established group of players who are steeped in the culture of winning and a coaching staff who has enough big game experience (getting blown out by Dematha doesn't count) to actually beat the big boys. Next year is the earliest they will break into the top 5 and this prediction is subject to their staff getting the most out of the last two strong recruiting classes. There is more hope than ever off of New Cut Road but don't count the chickens before they hatch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with both posts... some additional notes i see:

Calvert Hall-On paper has the talent at every position to win again. are they hungry enough after winning 2?
Mcdonough- lost alot to graduation, but have athletes, FOGO and sr goalie, plus great coaching will be in the mix
Gilman- athletes up and down the field. Quality goalie, scary D, senior led midfield. questions at attack and FOGO
St. Mary's- better and better every year. Talented jr and senior classes. are they deep enough to win in late May?
Boys Latin- experienced defense, talent at attack. big questions, who steps up in goal and how fill face off hole?
Loyola- a year away. have very good, young talent and new coach creating positive culture
St. Pauls- will surprise people this year. brought in some transfer talent and are athletic. may surprise

will be a fun spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn - not a lot of depth, questions at FOGO and defense. Attack will surprise this year. Strong goalie. If Cauley (Penn commit) can gel the defense, they may surprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't get in to Spalding? Everyone gets into Spalding if they're dumb enough to pay to go to that dump of a school. There are nicer campuses in Baltimore City.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy Smokes! Come on here and folks still talking about Hawks team and now Spalding - What is the hatred again for this team? Crazy dads still on here bashing players and hoping they like to lose and hating on an entire school that has nothing to do with your life and your kids life. Hawks and API dads now both drinking from the same well are on here acting they will rule the MIAA for the next 4 years. STOP doing the kids a disservice by running your mouth. Facts are the Hawks team has very good talent as does API and Spalding desperately needs that talent. They need all that talent because just like every year they play against teams with superior talent! Just take the teams they play in AA county and leave out the Baltimore teams. It has not gone well EVER for that program. So having a talented group of players in one grade will make a difference for sure but how much a difference is yet to be seen. Spalding is a losing program, this class should change that. Hawks and API have players all over the state and in different conferences. Arundel, Severna Park,Broadneck, St Marys, Mcdonough, Dematha, Landon, St Johns etc . Are we hating on all those schools too or just the school that their teammates and friends go to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy Smokes! Come on here and folks still talking about Hawks team and now Spalding - What is the hatred again for this team? Crazy dads still on here bashing players and hoping they like to lose and hating on an entire school that has nothing to do with your life and your kids life. Hawks and API dads now both drinking from the same well are on here acting they will rule the MIAA for the next 4 years. STOP doing the kids a disservice by running your mouth. Facts are the Hawks team has very good talent as does API and Spalding desperately needs that talent. They need all that talent because just like every year they play against teams with superior talent! Just take the teams they play in AA county and leave out the Baltimore teams. It has not gone well EVER for that program. So having a talented group of players in one grade will make a difference for sure but how much a difference is yet to be seen. Spalding is a losing program, this class should change that. Hawks and API have players all over the state and in different conferences. Arundel, Severna Park,Broadneck, St Marys, Mcdonough, Dematha, Landon, St Johns etc . Are we hating on all those schools too or just the school that their teammates and friends go to?

Just that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just that one.

Thats funny.. Agree completely with the post. Let these poor privileged kids has it out on the field. If they are good enough they will play at the college of their choosing.Which at the end old the day is what its all about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are good enough they will play at the college of their choosing.Which at the end old the day is what its all about.

Disagree with this "what its all about" quote. You sound like the father of a player and probably a guy who was not part of a team in high school.

High school lacrosse is "about" representing your school and community, playing with teammates you have known virtually your whole life, absorbing the lessons, living through the ups and downs, and being part of a team learning and playing a great game together. You are a bad apple teammate and parent if you think "Playing for the college of their choosing" is what high school lacrosse is "all" about.

Ask the guys who actually played in college, especially the guys out of hotbed high school programs, and you will find nearly every one remains connected with their high school program and they feel a lot of pride in and camaraderie with the guys in the program even years later.

It is "about" a heck of a lot more than playing at the college of your choosing. Maybe that's not what you meant but if that actually is your approach... high school lacrosse is simply a stepping stone... then I feel sorry for your son and his teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
glory days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages have started. Who’s looking good? Not so good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall unofficially over Bullis 13 to 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall unofficially over Bullis 13 to 4.

It must have been the gun slinger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
probably more than one with that score...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to stir anything up and certainly don't follow these programs like most here but...

Whatever happened to the Bullis coach - Jeff Bellistri. Did he get fired this summer? Is he still there? What is the real story behind the drama there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are their any MIAA A teams playing NY teams this year. I know a few are going south.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are their any MIAA A teams playing NY teams this year. I know a few are going south.

I checked most of the schedules and it does not look like it. A number of them will play Culver and Hill and there a lot of games between the MIAA and IAC. Spring Break seems to be a good gig for Gilman - they are headed to Arizona.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just that one.

Thats funny.. Agree completely with the post. Let these poor privileged kids has it out on the field. If they are good enough they will play at the college of their choosing.Which at the end old the day is what its all about.

If they are good enough they will play at the college of their choosing.Which at the end old the day is what its all about.

Disagree with this "what its all about" quote. You sound like the father of a player and probably a guy who was not part of a team in high school.

High school lacrosse is "about" representing your school and community, playing with teammates you have known virtually your whole life, absorbing the lessons, living through the ups and downs, and being part of a team learning and playing a great game together. You are a bad apple teammate and parent if you think "Playing for the college of their choosing" is what high school lacrosse is "all" about.

Ask the guys who actually played in college, especially the guys out of hotbed high school programs, and you will find nearly every one remains connected with their high school program and they feel a lot of pride in and camaraderie with the guys in the program even years later.

It is "about" a heck of a lot more than playing at the college of your choosing. Maybe that's not what you meant but if that actually is your approach... high school lacrosse is simply a stepping stone... then I feel sorry for your son and his teammates.

Certainly not what I meant! For my son and everyone of his teammates getting into a college and playing in college is their dream and what all of this is about! Playing the game he loves. My son is the best teammate on any team he is on and bleeds his schools color as did I and everyone else in his entire family that ALL played 3 sports growing up and that ALL played a sport in college. And we certainly are not privileged. The Point was to all the crazy dads on here hating on clubs, team,,coaches and even players.Trying to dictate and maneuver the kids every move to assure success. Success without ever having any failure or real evaluations without their influence. PARENTS living through their kid instead of the kids HASHING it out on their own.Their talent will be good enough in HIGH SCHOOL to help get them into college. The Game is Great and I have watched on the field on this site and at many dinners parents hating on the sport because they can't dictate what happens next for their kid. Being accepted by his dream college is what this all about for my son.. Not what happened at a u11,u13,u15 tournament or even winning a title in high school though it is what he strives for in every game he plays because he is a winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow- I think you totally missed the message with all the previous post especially the one you replied too. I didn't write any of them but agree completely. You took one phrase and turned it into the topic - What kid at any of these schools does not want to Play in college? Where does it say anything about not representing your school or having a great high school experience. It seems to me your reply is exactly what the original message was about. Take it easy and let your kid be kid and save the Speech for home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be a great year for this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I checked most of the schedules and it does not look like it. A number of them will play Culver and Hill and there a lot of games between the MIAA and IAC. Spring Break seems to be a good gig for Gilman - they are headed to Arizona.

Like to see a few. Dont blame them ..It is a lot warmer going south and now west!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be a great year for this age group.

What age group is that. There are 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding in the rise? LOL. They blow - always have and always will. Go back to the B division and stop wasting all the other teams’ time.

Jealous that your son didnt make their team. hit The Wall !!

My son would never go to that glorified public. Save your money and go to Severna Park. They have plenty of walls and beat Spalding anyway.

Just a crazy scene. Most of the kids were signed,sealed,delivered to St Mary's. Most were already there. The Hawks Coach who nonstop talks about accountability, yada yada did not like that St Mary's held his own accountable so he took his ball and left. No big deal but he convinced many others that the koolaid would be great and sugary at Spalding. It is all set up to make GI Joe look like a genius by building it up why he is there and then letting it crash when he leaves. How many 2023 Hawks are going there? Not sure Phipps is really allowed to recruit any of them especially the same positions as the 2022 Hawks

Phipps made a deal with the devil...

The fun has begun on New Cut Road.... and the season has only just started.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many hawks 2022 made varsity @ Spalding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding in the rise? LOL. They blow - always have and always will. Go back to the B division and stop wasting all the other teams’ time.

Jealous that your son didnt make their team. hit The Wall !!

My son would never go to that glorified public. Save your money and go to Severna Park. They have plenty of walls and beat Spalding anyway.

Just a crazy scene. Most of the kids were signed,sealed,delivered to St Mary's. Most were already there. The Hawks Coach who nonstop talks about accountability, yada yada did not like that St Mary's held his own accountable so he took his ball and left. No big deal but he convinced many others that the koolaid would be great and sugary at Spalding. It is all set up to make GI Joe look like a genius by building it up why he is there and then letting it crash when he leaves. How many 2023 Hawks are going there? Not sure Phipps is really allowed to recruit any of them especially the same positions as the 2022 Hawks

Phipps made a deal with the devil...

The fun has begun on New Cut Road.... and the season has only just started.

The good news is that expectations are not too unrealistically high and that Spalding is a program featuring a winning coach with a lot of experience, a set of parents with realistic expectations, a hands-off group of donors, no political complications with club coaches, a firm commitment from the school that boys lacrosse is a top focus, and a deep lacrosse tradition backed by a lot of alumni who have had success on and off the field . Am I Right?

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 313 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard