BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 264 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure I get the overrated bit, West and Pequa having arguably 2 of the best FoGo's in the NATION some good poles middies and attack (2 at each spot). I started questioning this and nationally, maybe they are, but no more or less than Ward Melville. I also think St Anthony's is the best team on the island, whether they put it together is a different thing. Best middie is at Chaminade. Best Goalie is at Ward Melville. Best Attack St Anthony's. To many good poles. Best Fogo Chaminade/Smithtown West/Massapequa. Say what you want about Ward Melville, Garden City, Massapequa and Smithtown West, I think the are all have their strengths just different. On any given day each other could beat the other. Goalie play may be the difference. To bad they all don't get the chance to play each other.

I look at these schools
Friars 2 elite attack (best Li attack), 2 elite mids, 2 elite poles (ir?), good fogo, goalie? Depth if they use it
Flyers 2 elite fogos (ir?), 2 elite mids (probably LI best mid), 2 good attack, Good Goalie, poles?? Depth if they use it
Patriots elite Goalie, 2/3 elite poles (ir?), 1 elite attack, 2 good mids, good fogo
Bulls elite fogo (ir?), 2 good attack, 2 good mids, 2 good poles, goalie (rookie of the year?)
Chiefs elite fogo, 2 good attack, 2 good mids, elite pole (ir? Li best), goalie ??

Pretty sure west FOGO ranked #66 with several others ahead of him incuding pequa at #10, not the best in the nation, and will be lucky to ever see the field in college. Would love to see those two go at it! Also would put STA fogo ahed of Cham, see him smoke that "elite" kid many times, the cham fogo is a better field player, should stick to that. Who even is WM fogo who is good? Bulls goalie?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I get the overrated bit, West and Pequa having arguably 2 of the best FoGo's in the NATION some good poles middies and attack (2 at each spot). I started questioning this and nationally, maybe they are, but no more or less than Ward Melville. I also think St Anthony's is the best team on the island, whether they put it together is a different thing. Best middie is at Chaminade. Best Goalie is at Ward Melville. Best Attack St Anthony's. To many good poles. Best Fogo Chaminade/Smithtown West/Massapequa. Say what you want about Ward Melville, Garden City, Massapequa and Smithtown West, I think the are all have their strengths just different. On any given day each other could beat the other. Goalie play may be the difference. To bad they all don't get the chance to play each other.

I look at these schools
Friars 2 elite attack (best Li attack), 2 elite mids, 2 elite poles (ir?), good fogo, goalie? Depth if they use it
Flyers 2 elite fogos (ir?), 2 elite mids (probably LI best mid), 2 good attack, Good Goalie, poles?? Depth if they use it
Patriots elite Goalie, 2/3 elite poles (ir?), 1 elite attack, 2 good mids, good fogo
Bulls elite fogo (ir?), 2 good attack, 2 good mids, 2 good poles, goalie (rookie of the year?)
Chiefs elite fogo, 2 good attack, 2 good mids, elite pole (ir? Li best), goalie ??

Pretty sure west FOGO ranked #66 with several others ahead of him incuding pequa at #10, not the best in the nation, and will be lucky to ever see the field in college. Would love to see those two go at it! Also would put STA fogo ahed of Cham, see him smoke that "elite" kid many times, the cham fogo is a better field player, should stick to that. Who even is WM fogo who is good? Bulls goalie?

IL player rankings and evaluations are an indicator, but nothing more than that. There are plenty of misses. As far as 2019 FOGOs, in no particular order, the SW, Chaminade and Massapequa seniors are in the top 10 in the nation. Considering 2020 FOGOS, anyone of the following can beat the others on a given day: Chaminade, St As, Brunswick (Crush), SE and WM. All are top players at their position nationally and the St A player is elite, just like the other four. Chaminade is the only school in the nation with two elite FOGOs and their defense will not be a weakness. They will be tough to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look at these schools

IL player rankings and evaluations are an indicator, but nothing more than that. There are plenty of misses. As far as 2019 FOGOs, in no particular order, the SW, Chaminade and Massapequa seniors are in the top 10 in the nation. Considering 2020 FOGOS, anyone of the following can beat the others on a given day: Chaminade, St As, Brunswick (Crush), SE and WM. All are top players at their position nationally and the St A player is elite, just like the other four. Chaminade is the only school in the nation with two elite FOGOs and their defense will not be a weakness. They will be tough to beat.

Let the games begin!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look at these schools

I agree, I know many players that did not get evaluated by inside lacrosse and therefore were not ranked. Those players all had or have D1 offers. Don't go totally by those rankings they miss many players. Also agree Chaminade defense will not be a weakness as long as they stay healthy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip

give it a rest already... that ship has sailed. WI had a great run but they have not been a contender for a while now. Average team this year again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in regards to contact date-- what happens currently with the top 2021-2022 kids? do they get indications from club or HS coaches about levels of interest? have to think there is much of that going on. not that there are many top caliber athletes who may face football vs lax decision, but in those cases, football can and will contact and offer- does the lax status remain in the dark until contact is allowed? interested to hear if anyone has seen how this really plays out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brunswick/Crush kid no longer belongs in the conversation of the elite. Merely good like many other FOGO's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brunswick/Crush kid no longer belongs in the conversation of the elite. Merely good like many other FOGO's.

He was beat down by an unknown during that “midnight madness “ nonsense that was designed to make him look like a superstar! Love when a 91 kid needs to walk away with egg on his face!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was beat down by an unknown during that “midnight madness “ nonsense that was designed to make him look like a superstar! Love when a 91 kid needs to walk away with egg on his face!

Not cool dude. And this was more about LI HS lax. Not some prep school kid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look at these schools

I agree, I know many players that did not get evaluated by inside lacrosse and therefore were not ranked. Those players all had or have D1 offers. Don't go totally by those rankings they miss many players. Also agree Chaminade defense will not be a weakness as long as they stay healthy.

It was said the defense is their weakest link. Which I guess could be considered a weakness your way of putting it. Which position is worse that defense on that team. Goalie is better. Middies are better. Attack is better. Fogos are better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This WI person has to be one of the crooked parents over the age of 40 that are responsible for the WI program to plunge off a cliff. They are ranked in the high 400’s now and yet want to be recognized as elite. It’s the parents,plain and simple. You have to burn a lot of calories to wreck a program so completely.Start by being manipulative and divisive along with no credentials or
Bona fides and see how low you can go.Again,no one under the age of 40 to blame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was dominated at Maverick as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This WI person has to be one of the crooked parents over the age of 40 that are responsible for the WI program to plunge off a cliff. They are ranked in the high 400’s now and yet want to be recognized as elite. It’s the parents,plain and simple. You have to burn a lot of calories to wreck a program so completely.Start by being manipulative and divisive along with no credentials or
Bona fides and see how low you can go.Again,no one under the age of 40 to blame.

So true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey "midnight cowboy", wow.....the hate. Kid is going to Princeton. That is elite as far as I am concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look at these schools

It was said the defense is their weakest link. Which I guess could be considered a weakness your way of putting it. Which position is worse that defense on that team. Goalie is better. Middies are better. Attack is better. Fogos are better.

Chammy 2019 LSM is insanely good and massively underrated. Two junior close defensemen are good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about WI anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for him with Princeton. Early recruiting error that P'ton has to own...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go away snake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go away snake.

What is this about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude. it worked out for him, great. Do you think he is a good now relatively as he was two years ago or have some other stars emerged in that period of time? That's all I'm saying and that is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are his run tests like for HS teams? Done before tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude. it worked out for him, great. Do you think he is a good now relatively as he was two years ago or have some other stars emerged in that period of time? That's all I'm saying and that is a fact.

Please learn how to use the quote function.

Please stop posting gibberish.

Please go back to school and learn how to articulate your thoughts in writing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Originally Posted by Anonymous

Please learn how to use the quote function.

Please stop posting gibberish.

Please go back to school and learn how to articulate your thoughts in writing."

Ok.
Not even close to gibberish.
No. You need to improve your reading comprehension,dramatically. Message is clear, concise and on target. You know exactly what is being discussed and you chose to attempt to deflect rather than acknowledge what is common knowledge. Going 0-16 in a game at Maverick still stings I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is like freaking Johnnie Dangerously. "That is a fardigon trick question"... What the heck are you talking about.

Run test before tryouts?
It worked out for him?
WI will return to glory?
Early recruiting issue for Princeton?

Or are these some type of clues to the 80's game Password or Super Password hosted by Bert Convoy. PS, what ever happened to games like that on TV. Why not bring back Love Boat Fantasy Island or Charlie's Angels.

Okay, enough of that. We are a weekend away from the start, although most teams are blurring the lines and have started already. Aren't you glad it's cold out? Coaches how about promoting the game on LI and telling the boys to go watch local games.

Tues 2/26
7pm Hofstra hosts Stony Brook

Sat 3/2
Noon St John's hosting Michigan
Noon Stony Brook hosting Marist
3pm Hofstra Hosts Georgetown

Or maybe next Sat morning after practice the team goes together to watch either.
Sat 3/9
Noon Hofstra hosts Ohio State
Noon Stony Brook hosts Bryant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is like freaking Johnnie Dangerously. "That is a fardigon trick question"... What the heck are you talking about.

Run test before tryouts?
It worked out for him?
WI will return to glory?

Or are these some type of clues to the 80's game Password or Super Password hosted by Bert Convoy. PS, what ever happened to games like that on TV. Why not bring back Love Boat Fantasy Island or Charlie's Angels.

Okay, enough of that. We are a weekend away from the start, although most teams are blurring the lines and have started already. Aren't you glad it's cold out? Coaches how about promoting the game on LI and telling the boys to go watch local games.

Tues 2/26

Sat 3/2

Or maybe next Sat morning after practice the team goes together to watch either.
Sat 3/9

Next week also includes CW Post vs. Merrimack
Both teams willbe D1 next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run test before tryouts?
It worked out for him?
WI will return to glory?

Tues 2/26

Sat 3/2

Sat 3/9

I thought about adding CW Post's games; this weekends game is against Pace (relatively close but not D1)
and next weeks as you say.

OHHHH, I get the above too. Why do people have to be BadPerson, not cool. and if he wasnt any good the coaches will decommitt. Its only a verbal. If you are right time will tell, if wrong and he's admitted sour grapes and BadPerson move on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next week will be start to another great season in Long Island lacrosse , Congratulations to Ward Melville for IL cover story , Good Luck to all the boys this season ... Lets Go Lions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run test before tryouts?
It worked out for him?
WI will return to glory?

Tues 2/26

Sat 3/2

Sat 3/9

I thought about adding CW Post's games; this weekends game is against Pace (relatively close but not D1)
and next weeks as you say.

OHHHH, I get the above too. Why do people have to be BadPerson, not cool. and if he wasnt any good the coaches will decommitt. Its only a verbal. If you are right time will tell, if wrong and he's admitted sour grapes and BadPerson move on you.

Speak English

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NICE job done by FLG with the digital magazine ......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thus far, the HS Boys games have been limited to teams in the South (e.g. TX, FL, etc.) and West (e.g. CA, AZ, etc.). Anyway, with this said, assuming snow will be shoveled... Georgetown Prep plays St. Mary's Annapolis today. The party is starting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK there FLG dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Not to sure about that. How many of you cringed at the grammar and other errors. If truly digital media, why not correct the many blatant mistakes. Not being an english snob here, I've praise the many shows they've done, but this, with the hype, could and should have had a better final product.

Now about the content. Having West Islip and Shoreham as high as they are, along with Commack ahead of Riverhead HHH and ESM, is just so off point. I get WI and SWR they had pedigree but commack???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is not far off with WI they are right on , you have no idea what you are talking about because they have one of the best 2020 classes around . Just wait and watch wins . Good Luck too all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FLG is not far off with WI they are right on , you have no idea what you are talking about because they have one of the best 2020 classes around . Just wait and watch wins . Good Luck too all[/quote”

Commack 2020 boys are strong as well. They will surpise many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the prediction for Sachem North/East? Any good players in the pipe line moving up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the prediction for Sachem North/East? Any good players in the pipe line moving up?

who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG is not far off with WI they are right on , you have no idea what you are talking about because they have one of the best 2020 classes around . Just wait and watch wins . Good Luck too all[/quote”

Commack 2020 boys are strong as well. They will surpise many.

[quote=Anonymous]What's the prediction for Sachem North/East? Any good players in the pipe line moving up?

who cares

I Care.

Lions, maybe if you had your old coach to temper that 2020 roar (or maybe he saw this coming??). Me, I think your 2020 bravado will be your demise. Instead of letting it happen organically you boast their supposed prowess. Really going to be humbling when you they don't start to produce this year. Feel sorry for those '19/'21 dads that have to put up with you. Nice Scrimmages with Syosset and CSH but both, like you, are noted to be better next year. Ask Syosset what scrimmages mean anyway.

Curious, why did the Commack / West Islip change from the original schedule game date of 3/22. I get that was a tough game for either team to open with, but to replace it with Floyd?. That ESM game will be a shock for you. Will it show who the better goalie is? I will say there will be some poles to watch on either side in this game. That ESM defense though, woo ha - giddy up boys, they are going to beat up that '20 attack. You think we will see some penalties? But it wont count towards the div. Your early game with Bay Shore, mid season Riverhead and the game towards the end with Northport should have some eyes on them. I will say you will have the ability to put teams on the map or take them off. Question for you, if you dont finish in the top 3 will this season be disappointing.

Commack, nothing is guaranteed. I will say East Islip and Mt Sinai will prep you nicely, but we will see how it all shakes out after the early games with Riverhead and Northport. I don't think it will be favorable, split at best. Interested in that Smithtown East game (big early game). at least you have Middle Country and then Huntington at home to end the season for Sr day. That Sachem North game could be more interesting than your West Islip or Bay Shore games.

I think both WI and Commack could have issues with Sachem's. At least West Islip gets East/North on their turf, Commack is not as lucky and travels to East/North. Sachems' will give a lot of teams tough games, especially at home, I do think Sachem will come up short but won't be surprised to see them win. North could be fun to follow.

At the end of the season, Its all a wash anyway as Commack and West Islip should make the playoffs anywhere from 5-8. 1 Sachem should as well. We'll see, 'til then, have fun shoveling for practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK there FLG dad.

That "digital magazine" was absolute garbage. Filled with inaccuracies and grammatical mistakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK there FLG dad.

That "digital magazine" was absolute garbage. Filled with inaccuracies and grammatical mistakes.

I guess your son did not get a write up , go complain in the stands now why your son is not on the field. It is not about you it is about the kids and the kids love it , so great job FLG keep it going

Like Reply Quote
Page 139 of 264 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard