BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teams are starting to practice this month. Fall excuses are over (no more football.) This is the last season of HOCO for this age group and the more things change the more they stay the seam pre-season prediction from an official unofficial source: The know it all 14 year old neighbor.

HOCO Elite: This is a three team race of Hawks, Dogs (last season Club Blue) and Crabs. While the Crabs additional reclasses make this more competitive, final is still Hawks and Dogs. Question is if 91 can finally win a game with the new added talent from last season's 2022 team.

HOCO AA: This is the most changed group from last season as 3d is gone. Lax Factory is now 3d. Madlax Capital is gone and PG is now Next Level. FCA White, API, USS, should consider A and Koopers, Breakers, and Top Caliber should move to AA. Final will still be SR and VLC.

HOCO A: This division will be the battle of the second teams. Club Blue A and Lax World are gone, if NL PG and FCA White move down, breakers A, and maybe Top Caliber B this will be test of the best second teams in the Mid Atlantic. NL and Looney's in the final. HLC will also be a contender.

HOCO B: Top three teams from last season should move to A or AA and this could be a more competitive division. It will be interesting if True makes Wolfpack a better team. We could see True and HOCO in the finals.

Hopefully the boys enjoy a great cap to youth lacrosse and get ready for the summer.

Why would Koopers and Top Caliber move up to AA and not Looneys? Looneys beat Breakers in the A final last season.

It is my understanding that Breakers advertised during tryouts that they plan to have a team in AA this spring. Looney's could play AA and Elite for the Orange team. I have not clue what they will do. Madlax may also have a second team and A div could made up of all second teams from ML, NL, Looney's, FCA, Breakers, TC and I would think Looney's green would win this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are starting to practice this month. Fall excuses are over (no more football.) This is the last season of HOCO for this age group and the more things change the more they stay the seam pre-season prediction from an official unofficial source: The know it all 14 year old neighbor.

HOCO Elite: This is a three team race of Hawks, Dogs (last season Club Blue) and Crabs. While the Crabs additional reclasses make this more competitive, final is still Hawks and Dogs. Question is if 91 can finally win a game with the new added talent from last season's 2022 team.

HOCO AA: This is the most changed group from last season as 3d is gone. Lax Factory is now 3d. Madlax Capital is gone and PG is now Next Level. FCA White, API, USS, should consider A and Koopers, Breakers, and Top Caliber should move to AA. Final will still be SR and VLC.

HOCO A: This division will be the battle of the second teams. Club Blue A and Lax World are gone, if NL PG and FCA White move down, breakers A, and maybe Top Caliber B this will be test of the best second teams in the Mid Atlantic. NL and Looney's in the final. HLC will also be a contender.

HOCO B: Top three teams from last season should move to A or AA and this could be a more competitive division. It will be interesting if True makes Wolfpack a better team. We could see True and HOCO in the finals.

Hopefully the boys enjoy a great cap to youth lacrosse and get ready for the summer.

Why would Koopers and Top Caliber move up to AA and not Looneys? Looneys beat Breakers in the A final last season.

It is my understanding that Breakers advertised during tryouts that they plan to have a team in AA this spring. Looney's could play AA and Elite for the Orange team. I have not clue what they will do. Madlax may also have a second team and A div could made up of all second teams from ML, NL, Looney's, FCA, Breakers, TC and I would think Looney's green would win this.

Sent today to directors. 1st revision of 23 alignment. subject to change.

2023 Elite
Annapolis Hawks
Next Level Blue
Team 91
FCA Blue
South River
Crabs
VLC
DC Express Black
Madlax DC Dogs
Looney's Orange

2023 AA
Cavalier
Breakers
API Diamondbacks
FCA White
HLC (Hereford LC)
Saltwater Lacrosse
Top Caliber
Cannons Gold
AYLC (Annapolis Youth LC)
3D Maryland
Looney's Green
PLC Gold

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD lacrosse at its best.. Top talent would be dismal without holdbacks/prefirsts/reclass..How did lacrosse get like this?? sad state for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 Elite
Annapolis Hawks
Next Level Blue
Team 91
FCA Blue
South River
Crabs
VLC
DC Express Black
Madlax DC Dogs
Looney's Orange

2023 AA
Cavalier
Breakers
API Diamondbacks
FCA White
HLC (Hereford LC)
Saltwater Lacrosse
Top Caliber
Cannons Gold
3D Maryland
Looney's Green
PLC Gold

what about A and B brackets any word? Thanks for sharing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 Elite
Annapolis Hawks
Next Level Blue
Team 91
FCA Blue
South River
Crabs
VLC
DC Express Black
Madlax DC Dogs
Looney's Orange

2023 AA
Cavalier
Breakers
API Diamondbacks
FCA White
HLC (Hereford LC)
Saltwater Lacrosse
Top Caliber
Cannons Gold
3D Maryland
Looney's Green
PLC Gold

2023 A
USS Destroyers
Next Level Red
Breakers
MDX - R
Koopers
Zingos
Thunder
Eastside Lacrosse
DC Express Orange
Cannons Blue

2023 B
Kelly Post
FLC (Fallston LC)
G
Zingos
True Maryland
Madlax DMV
HoCo
Team Maryland LC
Rockfish Neon
Bay Dogs
Green Hornets
PLC Black

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 Elite
Annapolis Hawks
Next Level Blue
Team 91
FCA Blue
South River
Crabs
VLC
DC Express Black
Madlax DC Dogs
Looney's Orange

2023 AA
Cavalier
Breakers
API Diamondbacks
FCA White
HLC (Hereford LC)
Saltwater Lacrosse
Top Caliber
Cannons Gold
3D Maryland
Looney's Green
PLC Gold

2023 A
USS Destroyers
Next Level Red
Breakers
MDX - R
Koopers
Zingos
Thunder
Eastside Lacrosse
DC Express Orange
Cannons Blue

2023 B
Kelly Post
FLC (Fallston LC)
G
Zingos
True Maryland
Madlax DMV
HoCo
Team Maryland LC
Rockfish Neon
Bay Dogs
Green Hornets
PLC Black

Do you happen to have this info for 2026? I have a son in both age levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What high school are the top 23’s heading to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Do you happen to have this info for 2026? I have a son in both age levels.[/quote]

2026 AA
Annapolis Hawks
Team 91
Arden Diamondbacks
FCA
Bethesda Blue
Crabs
VLC
Madlax Capital
Looney's Orange
2026 A
Next Level
Kelly Post
Dark Horse
SCYL (South Carroll)
HLC (Hereford LC)
FLC (Fallston LC)
Zingos
Eastside Lacrosse
Green Hornets
Roughriders
HoCo
Forest Hill Select
Bay Dogs
3D Maryland
3D Virginia
Sidewinders

2026 B
MLC (Maryland LC)
Breakers
Kelly Post
MDX - R
Koopers
Bethesda Orange
Coppermine
True Maryland
Cannons
Madlax DMV
Team Maryland LC
CLC (Catonsville)
Bel Air

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you happen to have this info for 2026? I have a son in both age levels.[/quote]

2026 AA
Annapolis Hawks
Team 91
Arden Diamondbacks
FCA
Bethesda Blue
Crabs
VLC
Madlax Capital
Looney's Orange
2026 A
Next Level
Kelly Post
Dark Horse
SCYL (South Carroll)
HLC (Hereford LC)
FLC (Fallston LC)
Zingos
Eastside Lacrosse
Green Hornets
Roughriders
HoCo
Forest Hill Select
Bay Dogs
3D Maryland
3D Virginia
Sidewinders

2026 B
MLC (Maryland LC)
Breakers
Kelly Post
MDX - R
Koopers
Bethesda Orange
Coppermine
True Maryland
Cannons
Madlax DMV
Team Maryland LC
CLC (Catonsville)
Bel Air

[/quote]
thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of them? I think that with the Elite Division teams the only one that I know if with strong ties to one particular HS is DC Dogs and Georgetown Prep. The other teams will mirror previous years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of them? I think that with the Elite Division teams the only one that I know if with strong ties to one particular HS is DC Dogs and Georgetown Prep. The other teams will mirror previous years.

What are the historical ties between clubs and certain HS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of those DC Dogs will follow similar paths of recent Mater Dei 8th grade wonders who matriculate to Prep--by the time they are juniors and ready to play varsity the size advantage they have by being older as 8th graders compared to their peers will be largely gone and they won't look like wonders anymore.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. I would say that if more than 7-8 players from one Elite club move to the same HS it can be considered a tie to that club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. I would say that if more than 7-8 players from one Elite club move to the same HS it can be considered a tie to that club.

but is it known that club X has ties to HS Y?

My oldest is only 11, just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall, Dematha, Saint Mary’s, Severn, Spalding, Saint Johns...just depends who has the best recruiting process. Tell the parents their freshman will be starting at varsity and take their 20k a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about FCA aligned with Calvert Hall via Bryan Kelly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about FCA aligned with Calvert Hall via Bryan Kelly?

Crabs 2020 has 13 kids committed from 9 different schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster was asking about club programs and high schools... I don't have specific numbers or know if these are completely accurate, but here are a few...

Hawks - St. Mary's, Spalding, Severn
Club Blue/DC Dawgs - Matre Dei
Bethesda/DC Express - Landon/Bullis
Crabs - Boys Latin / Loyola / Gilman / McDonogh
FCA - Calvert Hall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster was asking about club programs and high schools... I don't have specific numbers or know if these are completely accurate, but here are a few...

FCA - Calvert Hall

Spot on , look at location of clubs and it makes sense.. tho most teams have multiple schools represented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA - Calvert Hall

Spot on , look at location of clubs and it makes sense.. tho most teams have multiple schools represented.

Madlax - Gonzaga, St. Stephen's, Episcopal
VLC - Paul VI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA - Calvert Hall

Madlax - Gonzaga, St. Stephen's, Episcopal
VLC - Paul VI

Dematha??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Happy Birthday to the DC Dogs player that had his sweet 16 birthday party 3 weeks ago.

That makes three 16 year old men on the team playing against 13 and 14 year old boys.....

I bet if I took 3 top tier juniors from Boys Latin and had them play on 91MD the would also be in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Happy Birthday to the DC Dogs player that had his sweet 16 birthday party 3 weeks ago.

That makes three 16 year old men on the team playing against 13 and 14 year old boys.....

I bet if I took 3 top tier juniors from Boys Latin and had them play on 91MD the would also be in the finals.

Haha. Hopefully that is an exaggeration. I was 17 for a semester of college!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Make sense except for finding 3 top tier Juniors at BL that are only 16.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Zing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Funny when Baltimore prep school dads complain about older players... probably Crabs dads too.... it’s okay dad, jr can repeat 8th in addition to his pre-K year to catch up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Exactly. All the top 16 year olds at BL are on the Crabs 2024 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way:

Exactly. All the top 16 year olds at BL are on the Crabs 2024 team.

OK that was funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax will have 3 16 year olds too. I can't believe the other teams don't stand up to this unless they are hoping to have a bunch in the future too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every team in the elite division has at least 1 16 year old. All of the other teams have a majority of the players born prior to 9/1. it is truly a 14, 15 and some 16 year old division. The other divisions are closer to 13 and 14 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every team in the elite division has at least 1 16 year old. All of the other teams have a majority of the players born prior to 9/1. it is truly a 14, 15 and some 16 year old division. The other divisions are closer to 13 and 14 year olds.

23 Hawks have no kids even close to 16. A few close to 15 - no 15 year olds yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's birthday is Spring '05 and he will play in the HOCO elite Div. Yes there are some kids with DOB prior to 9/1/04 but many others after this. I have never asked a parent about a kids's DOB but have never heard of teams with 16 year olds other than on this website. There are well known 14 year old basketball players who are 6'3, 6'4 and size is not the only indicator. If you have first hand knowledge then you are a parent of or close friend of a 16 year old 8th grader and you are "outing" them here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16? My son is on Crabs 2022 and he's only 15. I know there are holdbacks, but there are 16 year old on 2023 teams? That would mean they turn 19 in 11th grade? Which means they can't play in the MIAA their senior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
almost every team in the elite division has at least one 16 year old? at the 2023 level? Puhlease. Not true. Don't dilute a legitimate discussion about holdbacks and their effect at the 8th grade level with baseless hypebole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16? My son is on Crabs 2022 and he's only 15. I know there are holdbacks, but there are 16 year old on 2023 teams? That would mean they turn 19 in 11th grade? Which means they can't play in the MIAA their senior year.

I believe we will see this situation move from theoretical to real at a certain boarding school out in Owings Mills in the next season or two. Will be interesting to see if / how it is enforced. Knowing what we know about the school it is safe to say that it is unlikely that the upcoming situation will be self-policed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My take is that these parents may say .....if you are playing varsity your Jr year you can be picked up, also by the time spring of Sr year comes around, if you do not get an offer, you are not getting an offer to a top 10 school, so you play club and go for the best offer available....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's birthday is Spring '05 and he will play in the HOCO elite Div. Yes there are some kids with DOB prior to 9/1/04 but many others after this. I have never asked a parent about a kids's DOB but have never heard of teams with 16 year olds other than on this website. There are well known 14 year old basketball players who are 6'3, 6'4 and size is not the only indicator. If you have first hand knowledge then you are a parent of or close friend of a 16 year old 8th grader and you are "outing" them here.

Call HoCo and ask yourself. They don't give out specifics but they do confirm there are 16 year olds playing this year. There will be close to 10 in the league. They also confirm every roster in the division has a strong majority of kids born in 2004 and not 2005. They will also confirm almost every team has a majority of their roster born prior to 9/1. BTW - the majority of the Hawks have close to the entire team born in 2004 and more than half of those have summer birthdays.

The 19 year old sports eligibility rule is there but hardly ever enforced unless it involves a foreign born athlete where passports and citizenship become public.

HoCo shakes their head at it but are standing by it by saying the league is run by the teams and it is up to the clubs to regulate themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the issue with outing a 16 year old playing in an 8th grade lacrosse league against 13 and 14 year olds? IMO, it's really about outing the rules and regulations the league has set up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is 16 and he's on the Crabs 2020 team. The parents posting about 16 year olds on 2023 teams are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
410-313-4706 dludlow@howardcountymd.gov

Let us know what they tell you.

Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard