BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 70 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-legacy
2-wolfpack
3-express a
4-igloo a
5-true blue
6-primetime???? Age Eligible???
eclipse???? Age Eligible???
preds???? Age Eligible???
rebels
express north
s2s
outlaws
2way
igloo b
ri bulldogs
express b

THERE IT IS...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant spring Jam has teams entered on Tourney Machine.
Good Line uo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1-legacy
2-wolfpack
3-express a
4-igloo a
5-true blue
6-primetime???? Age Eligible???
eclipse???? Age Eligible???
preds???? Age Eligible???
rebels
express north
s2s
outlaws
2way
igloo b
ri bulldogs
express b

THERE IT IS...I would put Wolfpack ahead of taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya think! 🤪

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Island Box Tournament? Any good competition?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Philly indoor championship by NXT had an interesting outcome for 24. BBL & Brotherly love in final over Taz.
Any shananigans there or was it straight up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant spring Jam has teams entered on Tourney Machine.
Good Line uo

Is Express CoachC their '25 team playing up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Philly indoor championship by NXT had an interesting outcome for 24. BBL & Brotherly love in final over Taz.

It was a good tournament. My son plays for Headstrong and we watched. Taz was the #1 seed heading into the semis. Taz #21 is one of the best players in the 2024 year. Brotherly Love beat them straight up. I though as a team BL looked more athletic and faster and Taz looked more skilled. Game could have gone either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a good tournament. My son plays for Headstrong and we watched. Taz was the #1 seed heading into the semis. Taz #21 is one of the best players in the 2024 year. Brotherly Love beat them straight up. I though as a team BL looked more athletic and faster and Taz looked more skilled. Game could have gone either way.
Was a great experience for the boys. The box tournament was real box . Very physical. 4 of the teams were very competitive. BBL played very well . Have a lot of BIG BOYS on the team. Size make a difference. Was good hard hitting fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was a great experience for the boys. The box tournament was real box . Very physical. 4 of the teams were very competitive. BBL played very well . Have a lot of BIG BOYS on the team. Size make a difference. Was good hard hitting fun.

BBL and Penn Lax make a real investment to the Box Game and it shows, simply the helmet investment alone demonstrates the commitment. Those two teams did a better job executing box concepts. Taz and Brotherly Love were able to hang because they are both very good teams but didn't really look great from a pure box concept, just really good players. BBL, Taz, and Brotherly love, anyone of those three could have won it. I though the Penn Lax team was a notch below.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the 6 that qualify?

Dude. Get a clue. This has nothing to do with 2024 “teams”. Other than WP and Taz, these are nothing but pickup teams. You telling me the Express WSYL team is anything like their 2024 A team? It’s a completely different team. No older holdbacks on the WS team, unlike their regular team, but plenty of younger ones from their ‘23 team including ones that don’t even play in the Express organization. Every other team, except for the Pack and Taz, are following suit. All are total pickup teams. So you can drop your list of “teams”.

There are only two “TEAMS”.

Lol. That’s laughable. My sons team is on that list as well as 2 others that I know are not using pick up players. while none of these 3 teams will qualify they are excited to play in the qualifier and will do it as a team. In the end it doesn’t really matter though. And for those teams that actually feel they should win, good luck because it you are suppose to win and don’t. It will be the worst experience of your life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first BL and Legacy game wasn’t all that close. 2 BL and 2 Legacy kids got into a fight the end of the first game and didn’t play the rest of the tournament. Not sure who the two Legacy kids were but it wasn’t the same team without them. BL wasn’t even close to as skilled as the Legacy kids but were extremely physical. Typical Philly lacrosse. BL ended up going 1-2 in their bracket and still made the finals. Very Interesting. BBL played well. I believe they are one of the top 10 teams in the country. Wish I could have seen them play Legacy full strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HeadStrong had a really good player but watch out saw his parents talking with some Brotherly Love parents and coaches let’s see if Brotherly Love steals him like they did the rest of their new middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M

I was at 2023A on Monday my 24 son played with 23/24 team. Thery loved it but took a game or two to realize they were playing real Biox and there was a shot clock. Each game they got more physical and more used to the pace. It was a lot of fun to watch. My 1st bix experience outside of going to NLL game. NXT looked way more prepared than the other teams. Surprised they didn’t play AA in their own tourney. However they could have been 23/24 like us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first BL and Legacy game wasn’t all that close. 2 BL and 2 Legacy kids got into a fight the end of the first game and didn’t play the rest of the tournament. Not sure who the two Legacy kids were but it wasn’t the same team without them. BL wasn’t even close to as skilled as the Legacy kids but were extremely physical. Typical Philly lacrosse. BL ended up going 1-2 in their bracket and still made the finals. Very Interesting. BBL played well. I believe they are one of the top 10 teams in the country. Wish I could have seen them play Legacy full strength.

FYI. Box has little correlation to field. Totally different game. If a team does well at one of them, it doesn't mean they will do well at the other. Two very different animals. It's basically power (box) vs skill and strategy (field).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy overrated. It’s Wolfpack’s year. End of discussion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop making excuses Taz parents, you lost because you weren't the better team. Enough said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re obviously not that bright! Stating “End of discussion” on a forum with 111 pages..... now that more posts are up and the discussion continues where do you stand? WP is not the team previous 91 teams have been. Getting LI express FOGO (not coaches boss’ son) but the actual good one will help but they are no Crush. This is the year a Non-Long Island team wins WS. The entire clas, nation wide, is weaker than previous classes.

Lastly for those stating Box doesn’t translate to field - get out of the 1990’s and except the new game with college shotclock and Canadian/Native American box players being the best players in the country on the field, box Lacrosse is the best training for the field game as it is played today and moving forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are all of your thoughts related to the increase in players not just playing with one team. I feel like there are a load of kids that play on any team that will take them and dad’s post picks of them on a different team every weekend.
Are these parents doing a good job of giving their kid exposure and lots of opportunity or are they depriving their kid of all the positive development that being part of a meaningful team can provide a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re obviously not that bright! Stating “End of discussion” on a forum with 111 pages..... now that more posts are up and the discussion continues where do you stand? WP is not the team previous 91 teams have been. Getting LI express FOGO (not coaches boss’ son) but the actual good one will help but they are no Crush. This is the year a Non-Long Island team wins WS. The entire clas, nation wide, is weaker than previous classes.

Lastly for those stating Box doesn’t translate to field - get out of the 1990’s and except the new game with college shotclock and Canadian/Native American box players being the best players in the country on the field, box Lacrosse is the best training for the field game as it is played today and moving forward.
Box is completely different . Love the game but not even close to field lacrosse. First off there are no long poles, there is heavy body checking , cross checking, moving picks , no face offs , no space , half the amount of kids on the field. It helps to train for field lacrosse but not even close to the same. Very fun to watch!! For the other poster , a l0ng island team will def win WSYL. They have the 4 best players in 2024 . Choke on that !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Box is completely different . Love the game but not even close to field lacrosse. First off there are no long poles, there is heavy body checking , cross checking, moving picks , no face offs , no space , half the amount of kids on the field. It helps to train for field lacrosse but not even close to the same. Very fun to watch!! For the other poster , a l0ng island team will def win WSYL. They have the 4 best players in 2024 . Choke on that !!

Just checked... not choking! 4 best players or best teams? If you really meant players they should play box, last time I checked field lax has 10 players....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree on both counts previous poster obviously never played the game. Box and field are completely different. And to say a LI team isn’t going to win the WSYL is complete idiocy. Of course the dufus doesn’t mention a team that he thinks should be favored, because he doesn’t know of any. We have two non-holdback teams on Long Island that can compete and win against any holdback team anywhere. Now they play all on age teams. Are you kidding me! Both teams have to be favorites to win. That guy is completely clueless. Prob doesn’t even have a kid that plays lacrosse. Total troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your pretty tricky, trying to pass yourself off as a pack parent, in attempt to stir the pot. Both pack and Taz parents have a mutual respect for each other, parents and players. Two class teams. Great players and parents on both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are all of your thoughts related to the increase in players not just playing with one team. I feel like there are a load of kids that play on any team that will take them and dad’s post picks of them on a different team every weekend.
Are these parents doing a good job of giving their kid exposure and lots of opportunity or are they depriving their kid of all the positive development that being part of a meaningful team can provide a kid.

Really? I know a lot of ‘24s and I don’t know of any kids that do this. Must be happening in all of the lower level teams.
Who will be the 6 that qualify?

Dude. Get a clue. This has nothing to do with 2024 “teams”. Other than WP and Taz, these are nothing but pickup teams. You telling me the Express WSYL team is anything like their 2024 A team? It’s a completely different team. No older holdbacks on the WS team, unlike their regular team, but plenty of younger ones from their ‘23 team including ones that don’t even play in the Express organization. Every other team, except for the Pack and Taz, are following suit. All are total pickup teams. So you can drop your list of “teams”.

There are only two “TEAMS”.

Lol. That’s laughable. My sons team is on that list as well as 2 others that I know are not using pick up players. while none of these 3 teams will qualify they are excited to play in the qualifier and will do it as a team. In the end it doesn’t really matter though. And for those teams that actually feel they should win, good luck because it you are suppose to win and don’t. It will be the worst experience of your life.

Such an uplifting message. Seriously. Botc has got to start a thread exclusively for B team dads. If your motivation in life revolves around your fear of losing, you will forever be a lost. How’s that going, B team daddy? Passing that along to your little ones I see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree on both counts previous poster obviously never played the game. Box and field are completely different. And to say a LI team isn’t going to win the WSYL is complete idiocy. Of course the dufus doesn’t mention a team that he thinks should be favored, because he doesn’t know of any. We have two non-holdback teams on Long Island that can compete and win against any holdback team anywhere. Now they play all on age teams. Are you kidding me! Both teams have to be favorites to win. That guy is completely clueless. Prob doesn’t even have a kid that plays lacrosse. Total troll.

Hey Dumb-A LI dads take off your gold chain Mr T starter sets and step out of your IROC Z long enough to read the original post.... I didn't say that box and field were the same... I said box translates to the field and is the best training for the field lax proven by the way Canadian and Native American players are dominating the sport now. With regards to WS I predict this is the year a LI team does not win. This is a ridiculously week class across the country that has lead to increased parody over the previous years of LI dominance. This is not a direct knock on LI it is a knock on the 2024 class as a whole. Come July I will be wrong or right.... chances are I will have forgotten about this post but the LI dads who posted above have already made an outlook reminder to post "Told you so I was write dufus" after the WS is over. I trust it will make them feel better and sleep better at night but it won't do anything for their mullet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am curious who you think are the four best players in LI are, thus best in 2024. I am not from there but have a son that plays in the 2024 Grad Year. I would put #Taz 21 on that list, who are the other three? Is he on the list from LI perspective? I have seen all these teams play and not really seen a dominant pole or attackman. I think Brotherly Love Pole not sure his number but clearly their best is in discussion for defenders. The WP and Taz teams play great lacrosse as a team but again not seeing a dominant attack or midfielder just and endless wave of good players working as a team. But again, they all look the same from my chair, who is considered the best from those that see these kids all season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Dumb-A LI dads take off your gold chain Mr T starter sets and step out of your IROC Z long enough to read the original post.... I didn't say that box and field were the same... I said box translates to the field and is the best training for the field lax proven by the way Canadian and Native American players are dominating the sport now. With regards to WS I predict this is the year a LI team does not win. This is a ridiculously week class across the country that has lead to increased parody over the previous years of LI dominance. This is not a direct knock on LI it is a knock on the 2024 class as a whole. Come July I will be wrong or right.... chances are I will have forgotten about this post but the LI dads who posted above have already made an outlook reminder to post "Told you so I was write dufus" after the WS is over. I trust it will make them feel better and sleep better at night but it won't do anything for their mullet!

Nice grammar smart guy. weak vs week / right vs write if you are making fun of LI and spelling like that you must be from Philly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice grammar smart guy. weak vs week / right vs write if you are making fun of LI and spelling like that you must be from Philly!

Nope. I'm surprised his stench didn't give him a way. That's the holdback dad from Madlax, off his meds again. The only Madlax parent that stalks the LI board, incessantly. As usual, the genius makes absolutely no sense in his posts. Same guy who lied for years about having absolutely no holdbacks. Same guy who said for months that Madlax wasn't going to the WSYL because it was a waste of money flying to Denver, "chasing a trophy", when there were better tourneys in MD. Yeah, he claimed it had nothing to do with the fact that not one of their kids qualified for the tourney, age-wise. But, of course, we now know better, don't we. We now know that Madlax Capital is 100% holdbacks, with all 2023-age kids, except for the 2022-age kids... like their latest '23 DC Dogs midi aquisition this year. And we also know that Madlax went to Denver last summer for a really bad B team toureny. So, apparently Madlax does not have any aversion against flying to far off tourneys in Denver. Yup, it's the slithering, brain-dead holdback dad from Madlax Captal. The capital of all cheating holdback teams. But I always ask the same question, and never get an answer. Why does Madlax have to play with kids a year older than their competition from LI, just to be able to compete with LI teams?? Madlax DC is clearly at least one year behind the Long Island teams. Why is that? Maybe it's the water in DC???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How ironic! The Madlax holdback dad, the only DB on here with the same lame IROC reference, thinks (ok, I use that term loosely) the 2024 class as a whole is very weak. How profound, coming from the oldest 2024 team on the planet! It takes Madlax fielding a team of 100% 2023-age kids (save the new 2022-age DCDogs ‘23 midi) to just be able to compete with REAL 2024-age kids from LI. What’s that say about your 2023’s???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am curious who you think are the four best players in LI are, thus best in 2024. I am not from there but have a son that plays in the 2024 Grad Year. I would put #Taz 21 on that list, who are the other three? Is he on the list from LI perspective? I have seen all these teams play and not really seen a dominant pole or attackman. I think Brotherly Love Pole not sure his number but clearly their best is in discussion for defenders. The WP and Taz teams play great lacrosse as a team but again not seeing a dominant attack or midfielder just and endless wave of good players working as a team. But again, they all look the same from my chair, who is considered the best from those that see these kids all season.

I do not really like to single kids out on a forum but will say I mis spoke , there are at least 7 kids I would put as some of the best players in the 2024 group. TAZ , WP, Express have some of those players. That kid you mentioned is definitely one of them .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't go there. You would never get a consensus on a single one, guaranteed. And the best kids are the ones that are completely unselfish, that you prob wouldn't notice, since they don't dominate a game. The truly great ones don't. They make their teammates better by being completely unselfish, and setting a very high standard for those around them. They continually raise the bar for their entire team, making the whole team better. Their skills and IQ can be completely off the charts, but to the casual observer watching a game, they aren't going to grab a lot of attention. But at the end of the day, they will always come up big, in big spots, and ultimately their team is the benefactor, as they usually come out with wins, as a result. If you know what you are looking at, look very closely and you will find them. But they aren't going to be the kids that take the iso every time they get the ball, who turn the ball over, more often than not, and seldom make the right pass. These players are not the best players. These players are turnover machines, who cost you games. So, don't be fooled. Be an intelligent fan, and look very closely. There are a couple out there. You will find them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't go there. You would never get a consensus on a single one, guaranteed. And the best kids are the ones that are completely unselfish, that you prob wouldn't notice, since they don't dominate a game. The truly great ones don't. They make their teammates better by being completely unselfish, and setting a very high standard for those around them. They continually raise the bar for their entire team, making the whole team better. Their skills and IQ can be completely off the charts, but to the casual observer watching a game, they aren't going to grab a lot of attention. But at the end of the day, they will always come up big, in big spots, and ultimately their team is the benefactor, as they usually come out with wins, as a result. If you know what you are looking at, look very closely and you will find them. But they aren't going to be the kids that take the iso every time they get the ball, who turn the ball over, more often than not, and seldom make the right pass. These players are not the best players. These players are turnover machines, who cost you games. So, don't be fooled. Be an intelligent fan, and look very closely. There are a couple out there. You will find them.

darn you guys are full of your selves. First guy BL Defense dad trying to get someone else to say his kid is good, then the Taz dad calling out his own son’s number then lastly the bench warmer’s Dad above saying the kid that doesn’t score is the hidden gem or unicorn. What are you all going to do when your kid doesn’t play past highschool and you spent $3500 per year for nothing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not really like to single kids out on a forum but will say I mis spoke , there are at least 7 kids I would put as some of the best players in the 2024 group. TAZ , WP, Express have some of those players. That kid you mentioned is definitely one of them .

On express, they’re called cheating holdbacks. On WP and Taz, they’re called, the real deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro, you wouldn’t know a lacrosse stick from a broom stick. The daddy that’s never played the game and prob never got past T ball, acting like he’s an expert lacrosse talent evaluator. Do yourself a favor. Sit back in that Costco folding chair and take a swig of your red cup refreshment and enjoy the game. And leave the expert anslysis to the people that actually know a little something about the game. Because it ain’t you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro, you wouldn’t know a lacrosse stick from a broom stick. The daddy that’s never played the game and prob never got past T ball, acting like he’s an expert lacrosse talent evaluator. Do yourself a favor. Sit back in that Costco folding chair and take a swig of your red cup refreshment and enjoy the game. And leave the expert anslysis to the people that actually know a little something about the game. Because it ain’t you.

you guys are way off. You losers come on her3e and talk about kids and their dads. Joke. Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not forget the “parody" versus "parity“... the only parody here is that guy who can't distinguish proper word forms!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you need some convincing on the impact of Box lacrosse on Field lacrosse, just watch the highlights of last night's Towson v Loyola game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from the fall would say otherwise on TAZ or LIE hanging with older teams. Both of those teams got it handed to them down south in Delaware’s NAL. At least I respect them for playing....can’t say the same for the team playing hide and go seek up there on the island!

Page 42 of 70 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard