Santiago High School (CA) 2019 Defense David Castaneda Commits to Elmhurst College

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Santiago High School (CA) 2019 Defense David Castaneda of SoCal Bulls has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Elmhurst College.

High School: Santiago High School (Corona, CA)
Grad Year: 2019
Position: Defense
College Committed to: Elmhurst College
Club Teams: SoCal Bulls & 3D San Diego
Lacrosse Honors: Varsity Captain 2019, Riptide Championship 2017-18, FLG Championship 2018, Surfstorm Championship 2018
Academic Honors: 4 year Academic letter, Varsity Football Scholar Athlete 4.5, Coalition Team Varsity Football
Expected Major: Parks, Recreation & Fitness Studies
Why did you choose Elmhurst College, Men's D3? "I chose Elmhurst College because of the team culture and the coach. I liked how Coach Morrell runs the lacrosse program and how he really takes care of his players on the field and inside the classroom. As soon as I stepped onto the campus, it felt like home and I could see myself as part of this team."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank Coach Morrell for giving me this opportunity to play lacrosse at the next level and all of my football and lacrosse coaches for helping me get to this point in my athletic career. I especially would like to thank Coach Burke, Coach Coop, Coach Parr, Coach Burr, and my defensive coach, Coach Mathei. I’d also like to thank my personal trainers, Coach Goude and Dwight. Thank you for always pushing me and believing in me. Lastly, I’d like to thank my teammates, friends, and family for supporting me and coming to all of my games, especially my mom, dad, and Uncle Matt. Thank you and go Bluejays!"
What other colleges did you consider? "Lewis University, Heidelberg, Concordia of Wisconsin & Carthage "

Contributed By: Tom Michaelsen
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
Know Someone Who's Committed? Click Here to Submit a Commitment Story

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates David Castaneda on his commitment to Elmhurst College. CB Laxer's runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below: