BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This board will light up like Times Square when other clubs start successfully poaching the Cuda players..

Another WHAAAA my kid didn't get picked. Let me guess you are also a super coach who should have played in a D1 program but got screwed by somewhaaan

What goes around...comes around...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think though that these towns have some scale - an A and B? Just seems like an A team from a strong town/program (even at the youth level) like WI would be able to compete with a club team? In re reading some of these threads that there are more clubs popping up, kids switching (or being poached) that a town would be able to compete? While I'm sure some of the similar issues would exist it seems in theory that a B player would be working hard to try and make that A team, thus keeping the A player from not letting up to lose a spot - thus creating a very competitve environment? Would that B player who finally earned the A team for a town like WI might have more of a sense of pride for the town than if he made an express or 91 or other club teams mentioned here? Just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would think though that these towns have some scale - an A and B? Just seems like an A team from a strong town/program (even at the youth level) like WI would be able to compete with a club team? In re reading some of these threads that there are more clubs popping up, kids switching (or being poached) that a town would be able to compete? While I'm sure some of the similar issues would exist it seems in theory that a B player would be working hard to try and make that A team, thus keeping the A player from not letting up to lose a spot - thus creating a very competitve environment? Would that B player who finally earned the A team for a town like WI might have more of a sense of pride for the town than if he made an express or 91 or other club teams mentioned here? Just a thought.

Ya know what? Maybe. Depends on the town. My town is small, not likely we'd ever be competive with a club team. We did have A and B teams. Well, first we had two teams with the talent spread out, which frustrated the better players. Then the powers that be re-sorted the teams into true A and B, and all [lacrosse] broke loose. Lots of B players were all sorts of outraged. A lot of bad feelings toward the coaches were verbalized, people were up in arms. The league stuck to its guns and, in the end, things settled down for the most part. Some B players quit because they didn't feel they were being recognized. Oh well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's one thing for a for-profit club to want to attract the best possible players. It's another for them to selectively poach players who are CURRENTLY PLAYING FOR OTHER CLUBS.

This might be the scummiest move I've ever seen in youth lacrosse. Everyone is talking about it, and I predict the Express will regret this move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the Express emailed any of their original 2016 Orange families explaining (let alone apologizing) for this travesty?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get your head out of the clouds. Players leave organizations every year. Oops didn't one of the 91 directors/owners "poach" his entire team from last year with the Express and bring them to 91 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding me express orange was promised 5 games they played six. That teams season was over before the tournament in maryland. The team was terrible. Now handed a team from the outside they weren't call orange the were called the barracudas express what is your point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding me express orange was promised 5 games they played six. That teams season was over before the tournament in maryland. The team was terrible. Now handed a team from the outside they weren't call orange the were called the barracudas express what is your point

They weren't going to call the team "orange". The issue is the way this team was put together. Lots of deceipt and shady back room deals while kids were still playing for their teams. Not to mention all the garbage being posted here by one guy. If you're not happy with your situation, move on. Don't ruin it for the rest of the team (kids and parents included) because you've got an axe to grind and can post anonymously on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not to worry express people. Most of the Barracuda kids from outside the express are going back to their teams anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express should just get through the tryouts and disband the Barracuda label...following the tryouts, pick all of the Cuda kids (along with a couple of kids from this year's Orange team just to quiet the peanut gallery) to be next summer's Express Orange 2016 team and be done with all of this bad publicity. There is no promise or guarentee for any kid on the 2016 Orange team from this past summer to make the team again for next summer. Problem solved for the Express...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they should have all tryout. If they get great talent make a barracudda team top. Travel and compete at the top level then keep your orange and blue teams as always. This makes the tryouts worth something. Johnny has to make it on his own and would get that chance. Not who has a brother who donates more or who do we not want to [lacrosse] off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express should just get through the tryouts and disband the Barracuda label...following the tryouts, pick all of the Cuda kids (along with a couple of kids from this year's Orange team just to quiet the peanut gallery) to be next summer's Express Orange 2016 team and be done with all of this bad publicity. There is no promise or guarentee for any kid on the 2016 Orange team from this past summer to make the team again for next summer. Problem solved for the Express...

First the Turtles now the Barracudas. Of Course Tryouts and ur teams are done. I love the smell of VICTORY. The Orange team name will remain for the express. But the rising 8th Cudas will be the TEAM to beat. They will be very strong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I guess there's no reason to show a little loyalty to kids/parents who played for you/paid good money.

There's no issue if the Express (or any club) forms a new team with new tryouts. The issue is poaching players from other clubs DURING THE SEASON and kicking your existing players to the curb.

Doesn't matter - damage is done. The Express leadership has revealed itself to be a bunch of scumbags.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Note that we have opened a new Boys 2016 thread for discussion of all the teams across clubs in this age group. Please contribute there and reserve the Express thread for discussion of specific club issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T CUDA LAX LIVES
Now stop whining and get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many tournaments and which ones did top 2015 girls team attend this past season? I am interested in letting my daughter tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One fl$ 2016 kid was poached for the Cuda's....a bunch of the 2015 fl$ boys are going to St. Anthony's but staying with fl$ - it will be interesting to see what happens - will the coach show allegiance to Express boys over more talented fl$ boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure the 2016 fl$ kid was poached, if you know what I'm talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the same...fl$ was happy to see the nevery satisfied father leave...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find this very hard to believe because my son played on the same fl$ team and both the kid and the father were very well-liked by the coaches and the fl$ Director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find this very hard to believe because my son played on the same fl$ team and both the kid and the father were very well-liked by the coaches and the fl$ Director.

Badmouthing the whole 2016 fl$ situation and not showing up for last fl$ tournament in Boston is all that needs to be said. Whatever...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the kid wasn't poached that can only mean that they are walking voluntarily because they (father and/or son) were not satisfied with the 2016 fl$ experience. If unsatisfied, I'm sure the fl$ program is happy to see them leave rather than have disgruntled parents on the team. Regardless, message to fl$...get your act together in this grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fl$ 2016 team had its challenges this summer but this kid never quit on the team. On the contrary, he often carried the team along with a few others. He couldn't make the Harvard tournament due to illness. Sounds like YOU are the bad mouthing parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fl$ 2016 team had its challenges this summer but this kid never quit on the team. On the contrary, he often carried the team along with a few others. He couldn't make the Harvard tournament due to illness. Sounds like YOU are the bad mouthing parent.

Lets see who returns to fl$...that will tell alot about quitting on a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats not the story that's been going around...whatever, it's only one player and its only 2016. fl$ will be fine without him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't blame the kid - he's a good kid. Its probably the father who's yanking his kid all over the place. He seemed VERY involved...a little too involved if you know what I mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ charges alot more than any of the local teams, yet their teams are not any better. Why are they charging so much more?
$1500 plus tournament fees, plus purchasing a helmet from them.
The coaching is not any better than anywhere else.
That is just gouging the kids for no reason. The kids they target are from the wealthier towns. I guess they figure they could afford it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is starting to sound like you have some kind of a personal vendetta against this father. He happens to be a real standup guy. If his kid is changing teams, you can bet it's because the kid wants it. After the experience he had playing for the 'Cuda team who can blame him. Stop badmouthing the father. You are obviously disgruntled and jealous that this kid has this opportunity so you're taking out on his father.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ charges alot more than any of the local teams, yet their teams are not any better. Why are they charging so much more?
$1500 plus tournament fees, plus purchasing a helmet from them.
The coaching is not any better than anywhere else.
That is just gouging the kids for no reason. The kids they target are from the wealthier towns. I guess they figure they could afford it.

Plus $125 just to tryout. For the Love of the $$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ is actually charging $1,700.
amazing that is states on there site they are a non-profit.
how are you a non-profit charging more than anyone else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is starting to sound like you have some kind of a personal vendetta against this father. He happens to be a real standup guy. If his kid is changing teams, you can bet it's because the kid wants it. After the experience he had playing for the 'Cuda team who can blame him. Stop badmouthing the father. You are obviously disgruntled and jealous that this kid has this opportunity so you're taking out on his father.

When its just one kid who is "selected" for the Cudas, who may not have even been the most talented kid on the team, it opens the door for criticism of that one kid or father from the others who feel they should have been given consideration. It's over though...lets move on...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid was clearly the most talented on that team. hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know what all the CUDA parents are going to do when the express director starts cutting the kids who are NOT going to St. Anthonys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personal vendetta? A little strong don't you think? The guy is not worth the time or effort of a "vendetta"...whatever that entails. No, just another jerky dad who has evidently fooled some as pretending to be a standup guy ...but not all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know what all the CUDA parents are going to do when the express director starts cutting the kids who are NOT going to St. Anthonys?

Teams like the Cudas may be immune from that...Besides, that may have been the case in the past but I think it is changing. They want to put the best kids out there no matter where they play high school. What good would it do for the Express brand to take a less talented St. Anthony's kid over a more productive Non-St. Anthony's kid. By doing that they would 1) Damage the brand with an inferior product on the field and 2) Develop a reputation that would keep lots of younger non-catholic school kids away from the program and therefore take a significant hit to revenue. All for what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid was clearly the most talented on that team. hands down.

I can think of at least 3 kids on that team that I would consider more talented. Doesn't matter though...move on. fl$ 2016 will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. But you're not fooling anyone particularly those of us who know him. Lighten up and take you smear campaign somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only saw the kid play once against Team 91 at Tri-State. He was by far the best player on the field that day. He had his mark on every goal and was all over the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This "kid" in question should be the best player on the field. He has an early 1997 birthday! What is that all about???? and he's not the only one with a 1997 birth date (must be a "Manhasset" thing! typical!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has a late '97 birthday as do many of the players in this grade. Up until this year, he always played with the grade above and still excelled despite being the youngest player on the field. Most players who play up when they are young switch to playing with their grade the year before U-15.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard