BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 137 of 264 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WI's 2020 group must have improved drastically over the last year for that group to be considered really strong... the best 20 group in suffolk is Ward Melville, Mt Sinai, SWR, Islip. big drop to #5 after that. Nassau is Manhasset, CSH then a distant 3rd Farmingdale, Pequa, Port, GC and then it falls off a cliff in terms of talent. (publics) Obviously St. A's and Cham are stacked no matter what the year...

Didn't WI lose their best player in the 2020 group to prep school?

They have not lost a beat

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip will be strong with the group they have very strong defense and an extremely talented junior class that has been winning for quite some time .. WM and SW are very good but i believe people are looking past West Islip and they will surprise many teams .......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been told by a few D1 Coaches this fall that the 2020 class as a whole is the most talented group they have seen in a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed West Islip has a very strong young Attack Unit not many teams will be able to guard all three

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed West Islip has a very strong young Attack Unit not many teams will be able to guard all three

Thanks for the warning Dad. Which one is your son?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI's 2020 group must have improved drastically over the last year for that group to be considered really strong... the best 20 group in suffolk is Ward Melville, Mt Sinai, SWR, Islip. big drop to #5 after that. Nassau is Manhasset, CSH then a distant 3rd Farmingdale, Pequa, Port, GC and then it falls off a cliff in terms of talent. (publics) Obviously St. A's and Cham are stacked no matter what the year...

In Nassau I would put Wanatgh in that group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the warning Dad. Which one is your son?

The lefty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LEFTY is a talented kid also very strong middies, this 2020 group has been together for a long time and will be a very strong group this year for WI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Nassau I would put Wanatgh in that group

Wantagh and Southside

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 class is Rolling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Syosset looking this year?

Big turnover among the Asst. Coaching Staff...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is all the madness because of Igloo territory in Syosset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI ??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is all the madness because of Igloo territory in Syosset?

AA pulling the Coaching Strings?

It won't help much as there is not much talent in Syo these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI ??????

Cant wait to see that WI 2020 attack line against those predominantly 2019 defenses. You may be good but your not a top attack line, maybe 7th best in A, all I see is you putting a bigger target on your players backs. There are a few poles out there that will eat him for lunch, especially being a lefty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been told by a few D1 Coaches this fall that the 2020 class as a whole is the most talented group they have seen in a few years.

Where and when did you run into these D1 coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI ??????

Cant wait to see that WI 2020 attack line against those predominantly 2019 defenses. You may be good but your not a top attack line, maybe 7th best in A, all I see is you putting a bigger target on your players backs. There are a few poles out there that will eat him for lunch, especially being a lefty.

They will be fine these boys have been playing together for years and have been competing against must of these other teams. I do think many people are under estimating this talented group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

During my sons visits in Sept and Oct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI ??????

They will be fine these boys have been playing together for years and have been competing against must of these other teams. I do think many people are under estimating this talented group.
first off, not as great as you say, second, the middies have to get them the ball. WI already lost one of their best middies. So you do the math. wont even be top 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syo down trend began last year and slide will continue back to mediocrity for years to come. Only positive they have going for them is they don't lose kids to the Catholic schools. Not a single grade/age group have they fielded a top team in the last 6 years... despite the great AA's (LOL) influence on SYO lax...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syo down trend began last year and slide will continue back to mediocrity for years to come. Only positive they have going for them is they don't lose kids to the Catholic schools. Not a single grade/age group have they fielded a top team in the last 6 years... despite the great AA's (LOL) influence on SYO lax...

Tough when you have Massapequa in your way also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa has built consistent teams across age groups. A program for sure. No challenger in A for forseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

During my sons visits in Sept and Oct.

So during your sons visit the coach recruiting him told him they were really good. Sounds like an honest and accurate assessment. I would go with that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI ??????

I love hearing "these boys have been playing together for years" please tell us in which towns the boys have not been playing together for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI ??????

I love hearing "these boys have been playing together for years" please tell us in which towns the boys have not been playing together for years.

Great Neck North

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The varsity coach is an Igloo guy. They'll do very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Syosset: "The varsity coach is an Igloo guy. They'll do very well."

Um, I'm missing the correlation...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Blake James bjames@miami.edu
Incoming Chair:
Dr. M. Grace Calhoun athdir@pobox.upenn.edu

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Incoming Chair:

This would be great for the players if this indeed gets passed. It would allow parents/players to scale where they stand but I can see how this could hurt club programs. But at the end of the day, it's what is best for the parents. Great post and good to see others using this platform in a positive way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok genius, since you claim there have been many and that I don't know as much as I think, go ahead and name them. Please enlighten the majority of us who now think that you're the diqk.[/quote]

Wait until JS gets a reads this and comes on here to claim his twin twerps are the best 8th graders in the country.[/quote]

Only 1 of them is really good, the other one... well he is a S.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TriStateLaxer

Current Chair:
Incoming Chair:

This would be great for the players if this indeed gets passed. It would allow parents/players to scale where they stand but I can see how this could hurt club programs. But at the end of the day, it's what is best for the parents. Great post and good to see others using this platform in a positive way.

Having a current junior who had to miss Football and more importantly school because the coaches want the recruits to come when school is in session. I think changing the date to 8/1 would be great. Would be able to visit schools that are interested and would not have to miss school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a racket... to miss all that and your HS experience, truly hope it works out for your son. Lax is a bordeerline vehicle as opposed to a fun endeavor for a lot of kids these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that all of you affected by this proposal will take the time to write the council chairs. This is an important change and it's actually something that people can make a difference with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Failing to understand the connection. What does coaching Igloo have to do with the success of a high school program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

Current Chair:
Incoming Chair:

Having a current junior who had to miss Football and more importantly school because the coaches want the recruits to come when school is in session. I think changing the date to 8/1 would be great. Would be able to visit schools that are interested and would not have to miss school.[/quote

Shame on you for making your son miss the football season for recruiting. How much scholarship money are you intending him getting? Sorry, but YOU are at fault here. No way you should have forced your son to skip football. I blame this on parent no one else. You could have very easily emailed the coaches and explained the issue as so many have before. Is your son on any radars? If he is the coaches are all very understanding about it. WOW, just WOW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

Current Chair:
Incoming Chair:

Having a current junior who had to miss Football and more importantly school because the coaches want the recruits to come when school is in session. I think changing the date to 8/1 would be great. Would be able to visit schools that are interested and would not have to miss school.[/quote

Shame on you for making your son miss the football season for recruiting. How much scholarship money are you intending him getting? Sorry, but YOU are at fault here. No way you should have forced your son to skip football. I blame this on parent no one else. You could have very easily emailed the coaches and explained the issue as so many have before. Is your son on any radars? If he is the coaches are all very understanding about it. WOW, just WOW.

Are you serious? Many lacrosse players play football in the fall, but lacrosse is their main sport and that's what may be key in getting into the college they want to attend. When 9/1 hit and a school called and asked you to visit, then answer couldn't be "Hey, I'm playing football until December, but please hold me a spot until I can come visit". Seriously?!? It's not about how much scholarship money he's getting. It's about losing his spot at he school he covets. WOW. just WOW. Shame on you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just went through this with my son. He was a top recruit and 9/1 was deluge of calls and emails. 5 visits crammed into one month was a bit much. 8/1 makes perfect sense to me - no need to miss school, practices, etc. if you can visit in August.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current Chair:
Incoming Chair:

Are you serious? Many lacrosse players play football in the fall, but lacrosse is their main sport and that's what may be key in getting into the college they want to attend. When 9/1 hit and a school called and asked you to visit, then answer couldn't be "Hey, I'm playing football until December, but please hold me a spot until I can come visit". Seriously?!? It's not about how much scholarship money he's getting. It's about losing his spot at he school he covets. WOW. just WOW. Shame on you

Current Chair:
Incoming Chair:

Shame on you! It's your dream, not his. Stop trying to make yourself believe something different. You forced him to miss football to pursue your dream.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the dad, but think I know who it may be. And if it isn't him then there are a few in his shoes. And btw pursuing football is the dads dream, taking the season off was the sons idea. Although he may have helped the team it would have also been decisive to the football team. (And skipping football was probably a great move)

As much as I like the new waiting game, I don't. Thought this was America, think the whole NCAA needs to be revamped or done away with. Think letters of intents need to be reworked. Title 9 needs to be revamped, wonder why SEC schools don't have lax.

I don't like one and done rule in college, why can't Zion go straight to pros nor do I like Ncaa football players having to wait, Trevor should be a Giant..

So much for a free country. Collusion at its best I say!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 137 of 264 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard