BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Our coach decided he did not want to play in championship there was no game. Apparently YJ wanted to play but ours felt like it was a bad idea Coaches of both teams are friends so not sure

Give me a break. Of course the girls wanted to play. The girls are confidant in their ability and are not afraid to play any bots team in Box.
The 91 boys and their coach are afraid of how it would look if they got spanked by the girls team in Box. Which could easily happen with a girls team of that caliber.
Lets not sure here and pretend you did this to be nice. Its because your all afraid of the outcome.
Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂

I’m a complete outsider, but based on the score of common opponent, the boys team would have blown out the girls team. Impossible to surmise otherwise based on the scores. How about a parent of the girls team explaining that??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach decided he did not want to play in championship there was no game. Apparently YJ wanted to play but ours felt like it was a bad idea Coaches of both teams are friends so not sure

Give me a break. Of course the girls wanted to play. The girls are confidant in their ability and are not afraid to play any bots team in Box.
The 91 boys and their coach are afraid of how it would look if they got spanked by the girls team in Box. Which could easily happen with a girls team of that caliber.
Lets not sure here and pretend you did this to be nice. Its because your all afraid of the outcome.
Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂

Stop. They had one common opponent. The girls tied this team. The Blast humiliated them to the tune of 17-3, where they took their foot off the gas by the half. It was a joke of a game. Blast is in a completely different league than the girls. End of conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂

Stop. They had one common opponent. The girls tied this team. The Blast humiliated them to the tune of 17-3, where they took their foot off the gas by the half. It was a joke of a game. Blast is in a completely different league than the girls. End of conversation.

Blast is too good to play so they quit. Good strategy. You must have some real geniuses over there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As you called it a “joke of a game”, I agree 100% as it wasn’t competitive at all. The real joke though is why this team would travel to a small town outside of Philly to play some 25/26 teams in a tournament that hosted local and average club A/B teams (no AA teams). Seems to me a complete waste of time - outscoring the teams you played 57-4 (or so) doesn’t do your team or the teams you crushed any good. To the stunad(s) who think(s) the YJ’s can hang with 91 - you are delusional... while those girls held their own against low-level 5th and 6th grade talent, they would have lost by 15 or more to 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂

This would not be safe or smart. The girls would get hurt against the top boy's 2025 teams. Keep playing mixed grade B/C squads and spouting off about it.

This is the top girls team. And that is a completely sexist comment. Especially at the 5th/6th grade level. There is no reason girls can not be competitive against boys at this grade level.
And 91 until this year had a girl as a goalie, so they know it.
What a backward view. Hope you dont have any daughters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂

Blast is too good to play so they quit. Good strategy. You must have some real geniuses over there.

Instead of the mindless insults, explain how the facts support your case. 17-3! Maybe you missed that. 17-3!! Clear enough?? 17-3!!! Explain THAT.

The girls may barely beat some HORRIBLE boys teams, who are quite honestly horizontally challenged, but that only makes them another HORRIBLE team. Understand? Not good. Horrible!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. 🤣😂🤣😂

This would not be safe or smart. The girls would get hurt against the top boy's 2025 teams. Keep playing mixed grade B/C squads and spouting off about it.

This is the top girls team. And that is a completely sexist comment. Especially at the 5th/6th grade level. There is no reason girls can not be competitive against boys at this grade level.
And 91 until this year had a girl as a goalie, so they know it.
What a backward view. Hope you dont have any daughters.

Interesting comments:

1. “There is no reason that girls teams can’t be competitive with boys teams”
2. “This is the top girls team.”

These two quotes just sank your girl-power ship. Your “top team” tied a REALLY REALLY B - A - D boys team (with many players that had trouble passing and catching) that a decent boys team humiliated 17-3, which could easily have been any score that Blast wanted to make it.

So, if the self proclaimed “TOP GIRLS TEAM” can’t beat B - A - D boys teams (with all 1st year players) then no girls teams should be playing boys teams at all. Obviously!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are so sure the girls could beat the top boys teams, why aren’t the girls entered in the AA bracket? Enough said. Go back to the girls thread to spout your nonsense. Peace out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one watches girls lacrosse.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True that. Maybe that’s why they are playing against the boys. The parents are looking for attention. Nobody loves them. Nobody cares about their feelings! 😫

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about box. Havent heard too much about Island box this year. There was lots of hype last year, like it was greatest thing for long island box lacrosse. But not much hype this year.
While NOTB and FLG are clearly up and running.
Anyone here doing Island box??

Would be surprised if anyone returned after last year debacle.
Got my money last year to deal with Langtry's PAL coach buddy....not getting it this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about box. Havent heard too much about Island box this year. There was lots of hype last year, like it was greatest thing for long island box lacrosse. But not much hype this year.
While NOTB and FLG are clearly up and running.
Anyone here doing Island box??

Would be surprised if anyone returned after last year debacle.
Got my money last year to deal with Langtry's PAL coach buddy....not getting it this year

If the Coach actually showed up then I am sure the program would be something special. Unfortunately he has yet to come to any of the clinics this year.
Time will tell if they can survive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ditto about last year with 'His' buddy coaching. And no surprise that 'he' is MIA again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ditto about last year with 'His' buddy coaching. And no surprise that 'he' is MIA again this year.

PAL buddy coach too concerned with making sure his tiny son is in the middle of everything. Turned everyone off last year, including his pequa crew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL buddy coach too concerned with making sure his tiny son is in the middle of everything. Turned everyone off last year, including his pequa crew.

DADDY Ball ruins all youth sports....The END.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the deal with the warrior all american games? Looks like its 91 run tournament. Is it a waste of time to tryout for this thing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the deal with the warrior all american games? Looks like its 91 run tournament. Is it a waste of time to tryout for this thing?

If your credit card isn't declined, your son can play. First year the LI team was good but the competition was bad and LI blew them all out. We went to the tryouts last year, looked at the overall talent and poorly run tryout and decided not to go a second time. If you think of it as a lacrosse vacation it's worth it. Your son plays with different kids, you get to meet people from all over and go visit someplace you may not have been to before. But whatever you do, don't believe the marketing hype. They'll take as many kids, good or bad, as they need to fill the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true WI is getting the band back together?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All registered for another PAL season. Really wish my school district would reconsider the grades allowed to play school ball. My son is of pretty good size and speed with really strong stick skills and IQ. He'd definitely be a 1st line player, not only for middle school but probably our JV squad. I'd bet by mid season, he'd be a varsity call-up. But instead, another year of him playing with and against kids who can't catch or pass.

Disclaimer - This is 100% sarcasm for a slow workday. Don't get all twisted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of newer teams in this age group. Will be interesting how they all compete against Express, Express North and 91 (when and if 91 plays in a tourney other than their own).
Even Igloo lost some players to other teams this year.
I think this is going to be a very competitive season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of newer teams in this age group. Will be interesting how they all compete against Express, Express North and 91 (when and if 91 plays in a tourney other than their own).

Is Geese still looking for players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t get the humor - don’t you know this is lacrosse, no one “plays up”... they play down 3 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure teams still looking for 1 big fast middie or LSM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I am sure they are but if you have a son who is looking to play please save yourself the headaches and look elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I am sure they are but if you have a son who is looking to play please save yourself the headaches and look elsewhere
Hi i am a J/O DAD who thinks my kid is great, that if they do not do what i want , i will leave and bad mouth them any chance i can get

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi i am a J/O DAD who thinks my kid is great, that if they do not do what i want , i will leave and bad mouth them any chance i can get

Why have so many left the team/organization? I would imagine there has to be some sort of issues. Why did there second team fold. I thought that they were a decent group from what I've seen and heard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why have so many left the team/organization? I would imagine there has to be some sort of issues. Why did there second team fold. I thought that they were a decent group from what I've seen and heard.
I have 2 kids with legacy and its been nothing but great, both kids progressing well. Def. get more for your money. Use to play with 91 but left. They are a good organization but get very little for the money. They charge you for the name.. I look at the future and the results speak for themselves. Percentage wise, Legacy get more kids recruited them most clubs. look it up. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE WIN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have 2 kids with legacy and its been nothing but great, both kids progressing well. Def. get more for your money. Use to play with 91 but left. They are a good organization but get very little for the money. They charge you for the name.. I look at the future and the results speak for themselves. Percentage wise, Legacy get more kids recruited them most clubs. look it up. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE WIN

^^^^^ He's right you know....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if me/my son have a strong enough Longisland accent to truly fit in with the legacy crowd. I suppose I could purchase some tank tops to at least try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIE still far ad away the best in 2025. Everyone else just picking up the crumbs. Igloo, ha, you funny. they can't even beat town teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the open gym at [ChillLaxin] in Sayville on Friday nights? Think it’s from 8-9 and anyone can play for an hour. Not a clinic, just games like an open gym for basketball. I heard it’s pretty decent but it’s a little far for me to travel so looking for feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly haven't paid attention to the last 3 or 4 years of recruiting then. 91 and Express have way more kids going to school to play lacrosse. There's no arguing that. look at the 2020 & 2019 class for both organizations. The 2021 class will be just as successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know it all just wait when you don't get certain invites to Showcases by that time it is too late and you are stuck ... Good Luck with roster of 27 kids and by the way when it is time for recruiting let me know how many non express helmets are on the sideline in the fall and your son who has been playing since 2nd grade is now on the bench . Have fun and please save this statement and dig it out in years and let me know if i am wrong ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the open gym at [ChillLaxin] in Sayville on Friday nights? Think it’s from 8-9 and anyone can play for an hour. Not a clinic, just games like an open gym for basketball. I heard it’s pretty decent but it’s a little far for me to travel so looking for feedback.

It's not open. It invites only and they are full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. I brought my son last week and he played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know it all just wait when you don't get certain invites to Showcases by that time it is too late and you are stuck ... Good Luck with roster of 27 kids and by the way when it is time for recruiting let me know how many non express helmets are on the sideline in the fall and your son who has been playing since 2nd grade is now on the bench . Have fun and please save this statement and dig it out in years and let me know if i am wrong ....

The fact is, being on the top team doesn't translate into commitment to any school special unless you're top kids on the team. Look at Crush. They're the best team on the planet and 1/3 of that team is still scrambling for any look at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Me too. It was pretty fun. I’ll be back, no doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Me too. It was pretty fun. I’ll be back, no doubt.

Can you just show up or do you need contact someone first? Is it just 2025’s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact is, being on the top team doesn't translate into commitment to any school special unless you're top kids on the team. Look at Crush. They're the best team on the planet and 1/3 of that team is still scrambling for any look at all.

I wonder what's going to happen next year when teams get ready for the WSYL. The trend has been that teams, particular 91 and Express but all teams to a lesser degree, take on several players, including the grade above with later birth dates. I have 3 sons; 8th, 7th and 6th. My older guys team went to Denver and, luckily, he got some meaningful minutes. But more than a few kids barely played because of the new additions.

My middle guy's team took on a few kids too and there are a lot of angry parents. Go check out the 2024 forum. It's a disaster. A few of last year's starters were bumped to 2nd string and 2nd string got bumped to the bench. My guy will be fighting for minutes for certain. Big midfielders and big defenders seem to gravitate to the top teams leaving the next teir fighting for the rest.

Enjoy this season, because things are going to get ugly next year. Express already has 30 man rosters. Add 3-4 to that next year. 91 will be at 30 too and a handful of their mid-level (2nd line mids, 4th defender) will be very unhappy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder what's going to happen next year when teams get ready for the WSYL. The trend has been that teams, particular 91 and Express but all teams to a lesser degree, take on several players, including the grade above with later birth dates. I have 3 sons; 8th, 7th and 6th. My older guys team went to Denver and, luckily, he got some meaningful minutes. But more than a few kids barely played because of the new additions.

My middle guy's team took on a few kids too and there are a lot of angry parents. Go check out the 2024 forum. It's a disaster. A few of last year's starters were bumped to 2nd string and 2nd string got bumped to the bench. My guy will be fighting for minutes for certain. Big midfielders and big defenders seem to gravitate to the top teams leaving the next teir fighting for the rest.

Enjoy this season, because things are going to get ugly next year. Express already has 30 man rosters. Add 3-4 to that next year. 91 will be at 30 too and a handful of their mid-level (2nd line mids, 4th defender) will be very unhappy.

Your wife had 3 boys in 36 months? Clown car!

You are just trying to get the Express parents fired up.

Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard