BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This dad is not G! Dukes 2024 was ranked correctly. Look at record over last 2 summers. NAPTOWN 2nd place Beat Taz in semi! Battle By Bay 2nd place only loss MADLAX. No new players like many of you claim. Everyone pays, much against many of your accusations. Great team, great families, great coaches better kids! John Christmas Head Coach Not a “Daddy”. Stop talking $£^t when you don’t know what you’re talking about!!

Ha. Since when does John Christmas commute from CA to coach the 2024 team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Daddy Ball on Dukes Nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Daddy Ball on Dukes Nationals

fake news - 2024 dukes nationals has 2 dad coaches - but make no mistake- G manipulates the depth chart as a way to stink you in or keep you depending on when he needs money etc, one of the dad coaches kids are always #1 middi or attack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since Aug 2018. Great Coach! His approach with the boys is unbelievable.
Yes 2 dad coaches - 1 was MLL player bot are good coaches. The three of them work well together. I have no complaints.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since Aug 2018. Great Coach! His approach with the boys is unbelievable.
Yes 2 dad coaches - 1 was MLL player bot are good coaches. The three of them work well together. I have no complaints.

Finally the truth... 2 dads, a controlling owner with no conscience, and a fictional coach from CA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how is Coach Christmas coming to mini camps and coaching the boys at Battle by the Bay a fictional coach?

You sound like a parent who liked Dukes when it was knew and not fully rostered but has issue with it now that your kid no longer is on it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how is Coach Christmas coming to mini camps and coaching the boys at Battle by the Bay a fictional coach?

You sound like a parent who liked Dukes when it was knew and not fully rostered but has issue with it now that your kid no longer is on it!

I get it you're excited, he stood on the sideline with your kid once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you like to spread so many lies about Duke’s let’s explore your comment.... Duke’s doesn’t load a roster with 20-25 kids like so many other elite teams. NO kid stands on the sidelines too long because the rosters are perfect size. Only 3-5 total subs at any tourney. Tons of touches.

When did your kid drop below the travel line and you stopped going to dukes? Would love to know if the kids “stood on the sideline” together. The parents since we joined have been awesome so I guess you were gone before we joined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you like to spread so many lies about Duke’s let’s explore your comment.... Duke’s doesn’t load a roster with 20-25 kids like so many other elite teams. NO kid stands on the sidelines too long because the rosters are perfect size. Only 3-5 total subs at any tourney. Tons of touches.

When did your kid drop below the travel line and you stopped going to dukes? Would love to know if the kids “stood on the sideline” together. The parents since we joined have been awesome so I guess you were gone before we joined.

Thanks G. Fake News

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks G. Fake News

Love that G gets blamed for my posts. The core group of Dukes is a fantastic group and second best 2024 team behind Madlax. Wish the 100 mile rule didn’t exhaust with WSoL. Dukes would compete for championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks G. Fake News

Love that G gets blamed for my posts. The core group of Dukes is a fantastic group and second best 2024 team behind Madlax. Wish the 100 mile rule didn’t exhaust with WSoL. Dukes would compete for championship.

G - Your forgetting the 9/1 cut-off date,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks G. Fake News

G - Your forgetting the 9/1 cut-off date,

Your right, my kid gets his learning permit in July. I guess he is too old but on the positive side, he is taking Algebra 2 in 7th grade. Reclassing 3 times has its advantages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals is NOT second best behind Madlax at 2024 we gave you a beating at Naptown in the championship game last yearI think it was 10-3 not positive, whatever the score it was a LOT to LIttle and we beat Brotherly Love in the Semis by a score of 7-6 and that game could have gone either way. With our team not even breaking the top 10 in the World Series Rankings (which is another story in itself not sure how that happened) but regardless Dukes Nationals is not even top 10 at 2024.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals is NOT second best behind Madlax at 2024 we gave you a beating at Naptown in the championship game last yearI think it was 10-3 not positive, whatever the score it was a LOT to LIttle and we beat Brotherly Love in the Semis by a score of 7-6 and that game could have gone either way. With our team not even breaking the top 10 in the World Series Rankings (which is another story in itself not sure how that happened) but regardless Dukes Nationals is not even top 10 at 2024.

Dukes had 1 sub played 7 games and had just beat Taz in the best game of the weekend. BBL championship game didn’t matter. Dukes team that played Fall Battle by the Bay would have no prob vs BBL or Brotherly Love.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm. Madlax 2024 didn't play Naptown. Sounds like you need to do some fact checking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes had 1 sub played 7 games and had just beat Taz in the best game of the weekend. BBL championship game didn’t matter. Dukes team that played Fall Battle by the Bay would have no prob vs BBL or Brotherly Love.
your ranks are lower because the team is made up of kids from all over. If you put it into perspective, Dukes should roll over every team but they don’t . Plan and simple .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm. Madlax 2024 didn't play Naptown. Sounds like you need to do some fact checking.

Who ever said they did??? Reread posts, NAPTOWN BBL; Battle by Bay MADLAX.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your ranks are lower because the team is made up of kids from all over. If you put it into perspective, Dukes should roll over every team but they don’t . Plan and simple .

My kid could play with Philly kids anytime. With Dukes he plays with MD, NY, CT, FL, MI, VA, & NH kids. In 2 years has played at 14 college fields, coached by many of their players. This summer went 16-3 and this Fall Finished second to #1 team in country. Been ranked 5th in country having split with Taz, losing to Madlax and not playing the other 3 ahead of them. Say what you want about G - we have had a great experience and my kid has made some great friends through the team. After the last two mini camps with the Defense they picked up since Aug; I would put them up against anyone. Will be a great summer, See you at Naptown again!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmm. I looked this up the original post is correct. So please elaborate you had 11 players on the whole roster that played 7 games in July? Or you had two middie lines and one sub beyond that which is 14....are you saying you didn't even have a second midfield line?

What do you mean "BBL Championship Game didn't matter"....it is ok to say you got beat by a better team that day.

Usually a score of 10-3 is an accurate indication of who is the better team, even if just for one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buehler.....Buehler.....Ferris Buehler....is there a Ferris Buehler?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmm. I looked this up the original post is correct. So please elaborate you had 11 players on the whole roster that played 7 games in July? Or you had two middie lines and one sub beyond that which is 14....are you saying you didn't even have a second midfield line?

What do you mean "BBL Championship Game didn't matter"....it is ok to say you got beat by a better team that day.

Usually a score of 10-3 is an accurate indication of who is the better team, even if just for one day.

All you "peaked in middle school" dads living vicariously through your kids...sad really

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid could play with Philly kids anytime. With Dukes he plays with MD, NY, CT, FL, MI, VA, & NH kids. In 2 years has played at 14 college fields, coached by many of their players. This summer went 16-3 and this Fall Finished second to #1 team in country. Been ranked 5th in country having split with Taz, losing to Madlax and not playing the other 3 ahead of them. Say what you want about G - we have had a great experience and my kid has made some great friends through the team. After the last two mini camps with the Defense they picked up since Aug; I would put them up against anyone. Will be a great summer, See you at Naptown again!!

Thanks G. Endless promotion..Fake news

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks G. Endless promotion..Fake news

Thanks R right back at you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous
[/quote]

See, this is the problem with G. Everything is great until it isn't. You'll be sitting there singing the praises of the program because you feel like your kid is getting something out of it and then suddenly G gets a bug up his Meanyabout your kid, your club team, or he completely changes his mind about the events or how the program is going to be run moving forward. Then you realize that so much of the program is a fantasy and that your satisfaction is directly tied to the whims of a self-serving scatterbrained individual who makes emotional decisions based on his belief that he and his program are the center of the universe. His actions, which at times seem irrational, all seem to benefit his ego at the expense of the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

See, this is the problem with G. Everything is great until it isn't. You'll be sitting there singing the praises of the program because you feel like your kid is getting something out of it and then suddenly G gets a bug up his Meanyabout your kid, your club team, or he completely changes his mind about the events or how the program is going to be run moving forward. Then you realize that so much of the program is a fantasy and that your satisfaction is directly tied to the whims of a self-serving scatterbrained individual who makes emotional decisions based on his belief that he and his program are the center of the universe. His actions, which at times seem irrational, all seem to benefit his ego at the expense of the kids.[/quote]

You could sum up 85% of all club owners with that statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G has been very busy, new Nationals website, more teams...keep the money coming!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, this is the problem with G. Everything is great until it isn't. You'll be sitting there singing the praises of the program because you feel like your kid is getting something out of it and then suddenly G gets a bug up his Meanyabout your kid, your club team, or he completely changes his mind about the events or how the program is going to be run moving forward. Then you realize that so much of the program is a fantasy and that your satisfaction is directly tied to the whims of a self-serving scatterbrained individual who makes emotional decisions based on his belief that he and his program are the center of the universe. His actions, which at times seem irrational, all seem to benefit his ego at the expense of the kids.
*at the expense of all kids except HIS kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about Dukes National '25 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bother, save your money and use it for some real one on one training for your son. It is a waste of time and tons of money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bother, save your money and use it for some real one on one training for your son. It is a waste of time and tons of money.

Need more.. why is it a waste of money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need more.. why is it a waste of money?

Just read the posts on this forum for all the information you need to make a informed decision about the club and buyer beware!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son and I have been very happy with Dukes Nationals. We have stayed out of the drama (there is Drama on all teams) the chance to play with kid from many states, visit colleges and have players or coaches from any of those colleges come out and interact with or coach the kids has been very cool experience.

The 25’s are not very deep now so if your son can play he will get a lot of touches.

Haters will reply to this “Nice promo G” this is not G. Some of the criticism in the 70+ pages of posts are legit. Could use better communication. Could have had more stable coaching. There are dad coaches. However our experience has been better than those things have been bad.

For us it has been worth the $.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son and I have been very happy with Dukes Nationals. We have stayed out of the drama (there is Drama on all teams) the chance to play with kid from many states, visit colleges and have players or coaches from any of those colleges come out and interact with or coach the kids has been very cool experience.

The 25’s are not very deep now so if your son can play he will get a lot of touches.

Haters will reply to this “Nice promo G” this is not G. Some of the criticism in the 70+ pages of posts are legit. Could use better communication. Could have had more stable coaching. There are dad coaches. However our experience has been better than those things have been bad.

OK, thanks G.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

OK, thanks G.

Your just a dumb butt! Hate that someone has had a good experience. I can’t emphasize enough this isn’t G. We aren’t n it for G. We may be in it despite G. The families and the experience is why we’re in it.. if you are not a guy from Philly that pimps his kid out to any team that will have him and actually interested in the program we are happy with Dukes and you will be too. If your kid is a low skilled player who can’t make a quality team then you will hate and think this is written by the director of the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the 5 emotional stages of being a Duke's parent:

1) Hope and desire - you've been to the mini camp and see all the ballers. You are excited to be on the team. Wow, so much potential. Your son is going to really grow with this team. You happily write the check.

2) Doubt sets in - a few bad mini camps (maybe one in the snow like last year) or the schedule keeps getting changed. You start to wonder what is going on and whether G really cares about the kids. Or maybe he's in financial trouble. You're not sure, but something doesn't seem right. But your kid is having a good time so you go with the flow. Those posts on BOTC can't be true, can they? I mean, everyone who says bad stuff about Duke's was on the bottom of the depth chart. That has to be it, right?

3) Euphoria - your kid plays in a tournament and you win (or do really well!) and you're excited. You're playing with a lot of talent. This has to be good for your son (and probably is if he gets playing time.) You really like some of the coaches and realize there is some real quality in this program. You even consider putting that Duke's magnet on the back of the family truckster. Buy that Duke's sweatshirt or tight Duke's Mom t-shirt at the next mini-camp!

4) Disappointment - something changes. Perhaps you put a bunch of events in the calendar that didn't materialize. Perhaps G decided to start coaching your team and suddenly the excellent coaches who made sure the team was balanced and competitive aren't a factor. Maybe G doesn't like you anymore because of who you are or who your club team might be. Or maybe you start to realize that 90% of what is said to parents at mini camp is a bunch of complete BS. (Oh, you have a secret way of getting an 8th grader in front of college coaches right now?!?!?! Wink wink!) You see that they have been dangling this carrot called Duke's Elite and college recruiting in front of you all this time but is it real? Maybe not. You paid your money for tournaments but kids you have never seen before show up with a uniform and play. And you find out that they didn't pay a penny. You're subsidizing ringers!

5) Disgust - you spend your days posting trash about Duke's on BOTC to warn other families to not waste their money. It becomes your personal mission.

So are you a state 1 or stage 3 parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

OK, thanks G.

Your just a dumb butt! Hate that someone has had a good experience. I can’t emphasize enough this isn’t G. We aren’t n it for G. We may be in it despite G. The families and the experience is why we’re in it.. if you are not a guy from Philly that pimps his kid out to any team that will have him and actually interested in the program we are happy with Dukes and you will be too. If your kid is a low skilled player who can’t make a quality team then you will hate and think this is written by the director of the program.

Sure thing G.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the 5 emotional stages of being a Duke's parent:

1) Hope and desire - you've been to the mini camp and see all the ballers. You are excited to be on the team. Wow, so much potential. Your son is going to really grow with this team. You happily write the check.

2) Doubt sets in - a few bad mini camps (maybe one in the snow like last year) or the schedule keeps getting changed. You start to wonder what is going on and whether G really cares about the kids. Or maybe he's in financial trouble. You're not sure, but something doesn't seem right. But your kid is having a good time so you go with the flow. Those posts on BOTC can't be true, can they? I mean, everyone who says bad stuff about Duke's was on the bottom of the depth chart. That has to be it, right?

3) Euphoria - your kid plays in a tournament and you win (or do really well!) and you're excited. You're playing with a lot of talent. This has to be good for your son (and probably is if he gets playing time.) You really like some of the coaches and realize there is some real quality in this program. You even consider putting that Duke's magnet on the back of the family truckster. Buy that Duke's sweatshirt or tight Duke's Mom t-shirt at the next mini-camp!

4) Disappointment - something changes. Perhaps you put a bunch of events in the calendar that didn't materialize. Perhaps G decided to start coaching your team and suddenly the excellent coaches who made sure the team was balanced and competitive aren't a factor. Maybe G doesn't like you anymore because of who you are or who your club team might be. Or maybe you start to realize that 90% of what is said to parents at mini camp is a bunch of complete BS. (Oh, you have a secret way of getting an 8th grader in front of college coaches right now?!?!?! Wink wink!) You see that they have been dangling this carrot called Duke's Elite and college recruiting in front of you all this time but is it real? Maybe not. You paid your money for tournaments but kids you have never seen before show up with a uniform and play. And you find out that they didn't pay a penny. You're subsidizing ringers!

5) Disgust - you spend your days posting trash about Duke's on BOTC to warn other families to not waste their money. It becomes your personal mission.

So are you a state 1 or stage 3 parent?

Very well written, sums up our experience with the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that everyone here is Anonymous? If you have an opinion, at least put your name on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that everyone here is Anonymous? If you have an opinion, at least put your name on it.

Irony, defined

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Irony, defined

Exactly, why don't you lead by example.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard