BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 70 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

what was so amazing about that player relative to the other boys?

Yeah, what was so amazing? Island Box is self promoting all over this thread. Come on, stop with the shameless posts. Teach real box instead of subbing lines field lacrosse in a box rink.

- what does that mean, subbing lines field lacrosse in a box rink? teach real box? heres the funny thing about "BOX" first off, if you want "real" box , go to Canada or go play in a tournament upstate on a reservation where your kid gets beaten up for 50 minutes , secondly, no one is playing box lacrosse because they want to play box, they are trying to develop quicker sticks, quicker decisions etc.. for their field games . so honestly who gives a crap about any of that crap- go out, have fun, get better.

typical Long Island lax dad who thinks he knows everything lacrosse and plays only for the field game. Learn the rules and teach it correctly

- how many kids tell you they want to play in the nll? truth is , all these kids hear is they should play box to get better in field which right or wrong is the truth. but I agree, the game should be taught properly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player from Connecticut who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

Hmm, could this be the Island Box coach writing his own praise?!?! Thanks Cat Jr!

Hmm could this be the biggest complaining dad in the island box program attacking the coach ? Wouldn’t be surprised!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player from Connecticut who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

Hmm, could this be the Island Box coach writing his own praise?!?! Thanks Cat Jr!

Hmm, could this be the same guy after the game that ran home got keyboard muscles who was upset with coach c? sounds like it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score doesn’t give that ibl taz game justice at all. Taz started off slow and then beat them up for whole second half. Taz beat everyone up in all their games

i don't think they beat every one up! look at the scores of all the games..

17-0 vs express orange
8-4 vs express black
6-4 vs island box
9-3 vs NOTB blue ( final game)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused. Looking at Tourny Machine Island box went 1-2 for the day. They lost their first game to NOTB Blue, which I assume is a house team and then to Legacy (Taz). Why is there so much talk about a team that didn't even make it to the championship?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Island box coach was a joke to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

April 6th will be here before you know it! Who will be ready?

No one will be ready for WP. The core of kids/coaches have been there since 1st grade. They have been making roster improvements every year and were already the hands-down best team before the Taz players came over this season.

No other team has a reasonable chance.
The NEW PLAYERS are the best on your team, you were on a down turn. You know that., You needed to improve , to have a chance. You know it. The new kids will take all the playing time away from the ones that have been there since the 1 st grade. You keep believing that. You should WIn.. with the kids you have. But you wont.

Same amigo, same spin. If anyone cares, folks will be very surprised how little this team has changed this year. All the same faces, doing what they’ve always done... being some of the top players in the ‘24 game. Insert a few strategic new pieces, and you have the makings of something very special. So far so good. Liking what I’ve seen thus far, playing exclusively ‘23 teams, with a few ‘22s thrown in. Built for the WSYL but they’ll be ready for anyone...

Agreed. The packs signature strength continues. Ball movement. Sharing the ball. A very unselfish group. Vintage Wolfpack, only better.

Yes, definitely better, 5 new holdback starters will do that to a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you feel that way why do you continue to stay on his teams and play for him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain

Explain? You must either be a) new to this site or b) a decent and thoughtful human being....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain

Explain? You must either be a) new to this site or b) a decent and thoughtful human being....
just another trying to stir the Pot, this site is for the childlish Parents. and the braggers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

April 6th will be here before you know it! Who will be ready?

No one will be ready for WP. The core of kids/coaches have been there since 1st grade. They have been making roster improvements every year and were already the hands-down best team before the Taz players came over this season.

No other team has a reasonable chance.
The NEW PLAYERS are the best on your team, you were on a down turn. You know that., You needed to improve , to have a chance. You know it. The new kids will take all the playing time away from the ones that have been there since the 1 st grade. You keep believing that. You should WIn.. with the kids you have. But you wont.

Same amigo, same spin. If anyone cares, folks will be very surprised how little this team has changed this year. All the same faces, doing what they’ve always done... being some of the top players in the ‘24 game. Insert a few strategic new pieces, and you have the makings of something very special. So far so good. Liking what I’ve seen thus far, playing exclusively ‘23 teams, with a few ‘22s thrown in. Built for the WSYL but they’ll be ready for anyone...

Agreed. The packs signature strength continues. Ball movement. Sharing the ball. A very unselfish group. Vintage Wolfpack, only better.

Yes, definatley better, 5 new holdback starters will do that to a team.
Oh, and don't forget the 8th grader...

Same ole Taz Dad who use to be on the pack. Bro, it didn’t work out for whatever reason, but do you think that continually taking shots at your old mates, and making stuff up, is the right way to go? Pack parents wish all pack parents and kids, past and present, nothing but the best. You know that. Why the hate??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain

just another trying to stir the Pot, this site is for the childlish Parents. and the braggers

You forgot one. The haters. Which category are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain

You forgot one. The haters. Which category are you?
The REF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain

He's fine in my opinion. I like Joe Cat Jr. Not a huge fan of his dad but if every son was disliked because of their father all your kids would have no friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic. How much are top clubs charging this year? No need to identify club name. Just numbers inclusive of 5 summer tourneys, fall and winter practices, uniforms and turf time? Are you finding that the cost is going up every year or staying pretty much stagnant from year to year? For me, the cost increases A LOT every year and no additional benefit. And I don’t think those increases are going to stop anytime soon, which begs the question, at what point will the cost of travel stop going up, and people walk away and find other alternatives? Lacrosse is still very much the sport of the privelidged, just as it has been for 80+ years. And it’s mostly because of the business of youth sports. Average income family’s struggle with one child in club lacrosse. Two kids is prohibitive for most families of average means. This is a very serious issue that never gets talked about. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic. How much are top clubs charging this year? No need to identify club name. Just numbers inclusive of 5 summer tourneys, fall and winter practices, uniforms and turf time? Are you finding that the cost is going up every year or staying pretty much stagnant from year to year? For me, the cost increases A LOT every year and no additional benefit. And I don’t think those increases are going to stop anytime soon, which begs the question, at what point will the cost of travel stop going up, and people walk away and find other alternatives? Lacrosse is still very much the sport of the privelidged, just as it has been for 80+ years. And it’s mostly because of the business of youth sports. Average income family’s struggle with one child in club lacrosse. Two kids is prohibitive for most families of average means. This is a very serious issue that never gets talked about. Thoughts?

Not trying to be a donkey, but this is talked about every season and you're going to get the same answers.
Hate to say it but the cost is never going to come down. As long as people are willing to pay, the clubs are going to keep on raising the tuition for the same or less player benefit.
Agreed that the cost of this sport is getting out of control and can be placing hardship on families. However, these financial wounds are self inflicted. Nobody is forcing you to play on the top teams. There are less expensive club teams out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth is all sports are becoming that way. Play school ball or P.A.L the only thing you can do for now. Unless there is a mass exit. Which does not seem to be happening with football losing a lot of players, they are turning to lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do I care that "Lacrosse is still very much the sport of the privelidged"? Good, I say. If you can't afford to pay for your kid's lacrosse program, why don't you get off this forum and get back to work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do I care that "Lacrosse is still very much the sport of the privelidged"? Good, I say. If you can't afford to pay for your kid's lacrosse program, why don't you get off this forum and get back to work?

Definitely the DB response of the day - What a donkey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to be a donkey, but this is talked about every season and you're going to get the same answers.
Hate to say it but the cost is never going to come down. As long as people are willing to pay, the clubs are going to keep on raising the tuition for the same or less player benefit.
Agreed that the cost of this sport is getting out of control and can be placing hardship on families. However, these financial wounds are self inflicted. Nobody is forcing you to play on the top teams. There are less expensive club teams out there.

You get what you pay for. Going to a substandard team with substandard coaches with substandard players isn’t what’s best for your child, if he is truly at or near an elite player. But it’s an option. A substandard option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha...you LIs are delusional! If your WP team decides to come out of hiding sometime this year, Madlax can’t wait to play you as many times as possible! Going to be a total and utter beatdown...but enjoy the WYSL while it lasts bc it will all be over in 6 months and then it’s back to reality. Maybe since NLF is WPs tourney and you think you’ll take care of business with Madlax, why don’t you make sure they both get in the same group? Another early exit for the “best 2024 team ever”....stunad. WP got beat by Laxachusetts...really? Then Madlax turned around and destroyed the same team an hour later 6-1. Should be a great matchup for Madlax this year! And those are what we call “facts”!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get what you pay for. Going to a substandard team with substandard coaches with substandard players isn’t what’s best for your child, if he is truly at or near an elite player. But it’s an option. A substandard option.

He never said top teams.....he said top clubs. Hear pretty often about top clubs having a second or third team at an age group for the same price as a top team and the second and third team can't win anything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha...you LIs are delusional! If your WP team decides to come out of hiding sometime this year, Madlax can’t wait to play you as many times as possible! Going to be a total and utter beatdown...but enjoy the WYSL while it lasts bc it will all be over in 6 months and then it’s back to reality. Maybe since NLF is WPs tourney and you think you’ll take care of business with Madlax, why don’t you make sure they both get in the same group? Another early exit for the “best 2024 team ever”....stunad. WP got beat by Laxachusetts...really? Then Madlax turned around and destroyed the same team an hour later 6-1. Should be a great matchup for Madlax this year! And those are what we call “facts”!

I was wrong, you're the DB of the day, hands down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons club increases an average of 20% per year. Are all the top clubs like this? Or just my kids? It’s a good club, but c’mon, where does it end? 6k per year? 8k per year? 10k per year? Wish my paycheck went up 20% per year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking forward to playing the MD holdback teams. Especially the young “men” from DC. Our boys have been only playing up against the ‘23 teams to prepare our boys for your would-be, should-be ‘23s and ‘22’s. Question: When is Madlax going to play an on age game? Never happened, has it? Never? Ever?? You know, you really can’t win when Madlax plays down. If you win, hey, your boys are a lot older, you’re suppose to win. If you lose, well, you get the idea. Not good. One more question. How old is your oldest, of all your 7 new holdbacks, this year? You know the one, the young “man” that played on the ‘23 DC Dogs last year. My guess is he is a kindergarten holdback, so this would be his second go-round. What’s that make him? 14 or 15? Remember. You gotta watch those birthdates. You don’t want him to get to his senior year and be ineligible to play. But then again, by then he prob won’t get off the pines anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting reading on the ‘24 MD thread. Talking about the double holdbacks down there. Make no mistake, your 12/13 year olds are playing 14/15 year old when they go to MD. Some of these kids won’t even be eligible to play their senior year in HS. Guess they’ll figure that out later, but they are on every top team down there. I’m sure most of them are Kindgarten holdbacks that are held back again later on, like the Madlax behomoth who played for the DCDogs ‘23s until this year. Of course Madlax DC has more than anyone else, simply due to the fact all DC private’s start a year late. You doubt how many holdbacks Madlax has? Consider this. They have two teams at this age. That’s a total of 55 to 60 players. Out of that, they didn’t have enough players to field a team for the WSYL. That is hard to comprehend. Madlax DC 24 is a true 23 team, with some 22’s sprinkled in. Yet when LI comes to town, we go toe to toe with these 23’s and often times give them more than they can handle. A real testament to LI lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting reading on the ‘24 MD thread. Talking about the double holdbacks down there. Make no mistake, your 12/13 year olds are playing 14/15 year old when they go to MD. Some of these kids won’t even be eligible to play their senior year in HS. Guess they’ll figure that out later, but they are on every top team down there. I’m sure most of them are Kindgarten holdbacks that are held back again later on, like the Madlax behomoth who played for the DCDogs ‘23s until this year. Of course Madlax DC has more than anyone else, simply due to the fact all DC private’s start a year late. You doubt how many holdbacks Madlax has? Consider this. They have two teams at this age. That’s a total of 55 to 60 players. Out of that, they didn’t have enough players to field a team for the WSYL. That is hard to comprehend. Madlax DC 24 is a true 23 team, with some 22’s sprinkled in. Yet when LI comes to town, we go toe to toe with these 23’s and often times give them more than they can handle. A real testament to LI lacrosse.

Correct. It's a 2024 team without any 2024-age kids! You think that's an exaggeration, you need to think again. Nothing but holdbacks and double holdbacks. And the rest of the MD teams aren't much better, if at all. So if your team is thinking about scheduling a tournament in MD this summer, the parents need to get together and squash it. Enter one of the many great tournaments on LI, and simply play up in the 2023 division. It'll be the same thing, except the competition will be probably be better here, and you save yourself close to 1K on the trip to MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. It's a 2024 team without any 2024-age kids! You think that's an exaggeration, you need to think again. Nothing but holdbacks and double holdbacks. And the rest of the MD teams aren't much better, if at all. So if your team is thinking about scheduling a tournament in MD this summer, the parents need to get together and squash it. Enter one of the many great tournaments on LI, and simply play up in the 2023 division. It'll be the same thing, except the competition will be probably be better here, and you save yourself close to 1K on the trip to MD.

You stay in nicer hotels then I do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve been keeping up with the MD thread as well. Maryland is as corrupt as it gets, in the business of youth sports. Absolutely none of the ‘24 teams in Maryland have any ‘24 age kids. And it’s not just Madlax. I doubt they are any different than the rest. If your team is looking for the best ‘24 competition, then steer clear of Maryland. There are no ‘24 teams worth playing. And if your team wants to play up, do it against a legit ‘23 team on the island. Save your money. Boycott the 2022/2023 100% holdback teams in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know why you hate Madlax and the other MD teams so much. It is because you are racist. The sport is changing. Get used to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know why you hate Madlax and the other MD teams so much. It is because you are racist. The sport is changing. Get used to it.

I dispise liars, cheats, con artists and scammers. I dispise individuals who portray themselves as something they are not. I dispise individuals who have no morals or any basic sense of right and wrong. These people are the lowest form of life, to me. You, Madlax person, are all these things. You are dirt to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whole heartedly agree. And you aren’t playing cheater teams that say they are one thing, but in actuality are something very very different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you know of a player who’s a grade and age based 2024 but playing down with a 2025 team, who’s responsibility is it to report/make team aware of it? Obviously the parents are doing their student athlete no favors by doing so. Social media makes connecting the kids to teams very easy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you know of a player who’s a grade and age based 2024 but playing down with a 2025 team, who’s responsibility is it to report/make team aware of it? Obviously the parents are doing their student athlete no favors by doing so. Social media makes connecting the kids to teams very easy

I don’t know of anyone who does this. Kids may play up (and then return to their proper team at some point). If their grade changes, their team will change obviously but I think this is much less frequent than it used to be with later recruiting rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is getting rather worked up over nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times a week are teams practicing that hope to qualify for Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's team is doing 3x a week practice and he is doing Speed and Agility training 2 days a week as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's team is doing 3x a week practice and he is doing Speed and Agility training 2 days a week as well.

Speed and agility he barely hit puberty your wasting your time and money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much time does he spend studying?

Page 40 of 70 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard