BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 136 of 264 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Floyd is going to make some noise.

Did I hear right, there is a hodl back at WF? Why? To each their own but really WF?

every dune dog has his day !
unless that dog breaks up a legacy!

too Funny....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get back to HS lax , lets see who the top 4 Suffolk Div 1 teams are , WM, SW, Bay Shore , Northport .... with maybe Riverhead Commack trying to fight for 500

Why would you think Bay Shore or Northport will be better than Riverhead or Commack this upcoming year? The other two I understand, but I really think you guys are underestimating those two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did I hear right, there is a hodl back at WF? Why? To each their own but really WF?

Doubt the Floyd coach had anything to do with the HB...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter , its high school varsity lacrosse. I get the hold back argument when kids are in 6, 7th grade playing cub and one kid is 2 feet taller than another , by the time they get to high school just doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Conf 1 is trash. Udale, Fport, Bwin, Hempted, all solid opponents

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip will be in the county finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the top public teams avoid playing top prep school teams,simple answer hold backs, it matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the top public teams avoid playing top prep school teams,simple answer hold backs, it matters.

When you have teams full of 19, 20, and 21 year olds as is the case with most of the top prep schools it may matter, but when you have a few 1 year hold backs sprinkled through out Nassau/Suffolk public school lacrosse , it really dosent matter .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you have teams full of 19, 20, and 21 year olds as is the case with most of the top prep schools it may matter, but when you have a few 1 year hold backs sprinkled through out Nassau/Suffolk public school lacrosse , it really dosent matter .

Stop crying.....ya baby!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saying your an stunad if you don't think it matters. my kids on age an on varsity has a 9th grader , no need to cry.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With Section XI, at least, the teams are only allowed 2 or 3 OOC games. It would be very difficult to schedule MD Teams. Its difficult to schedule Chaminade or SA...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you have teams full of 19, 20, and 21 year olds as is the case with most of the top prep schools it may matter, but when you have a few 1 year hold backs sprinkled through out Nassau/Suffolk public school lacrosse , it really dosent matter .[/quote]

[/quote]

Does it really matter , its high school varsity lacrosse. I get the hold back argument when kids are in 6, 7th grade playing cub and one kid is 2 feet taller than another , by the time they get to high school just doesn't matter.[/quote]

It does matter when it is the only reason people talk about the team. can you say cancer. eats the team from the inside

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has 1. Ward Melville 2. SW 3. MT Siani 4 West Islip , i agree with the top 3 but West Islip at a 4 is crazy , I think a successful season for them will be 500. They just do not have the fire power on offense to get to the next level if they do get lucky in a couple of games it will be because of there goalie ,i think Bay Shore, Northport , Riverhead are all above them . Good Luck to everyone in the upcoming season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has 1. Ward Melville 2. SW 3. MT Siani 4 West Islip , i agree with the top 3 but West Islip at a 4 is crazy , I think a successful season for them will be 500. They just do not have the fire power on offense to get to the next level if they do get lucky in a couple of games it will be because of there goalie ,i think Bay Shore, Northport , Riverhead are all above them . Good Luck to everyone in the upcoming season

I agree my 3 biggest issues are the placements for West Islip, Islip and SWR.

I don't think these ranking were done with a true deep dive on the teams. Seems like they reflect more of what the coaches outlined in the fall. I'm also confused how Islip and SWR will be better than some of the larger schools they are ranked over. I think the 3 A teams you mention above would be tops in league II as well.

SW, WM, MS, BS, Woge, NP, ESM, RVR, SWR, Islip, HHW, WI,

Islip and West Islip man for man are similar teams, I see Islip as the better team. Islip plays Northport (S) and Bay Shore (NL) early in the season so we will see. SWR should be ranked below ESM and maybe Hills West, Sr talent and leadership over Jr moxy.

This is all for bragging rights right now. Who will fall who will raise up, leads to some good banter among the towns.
The rankings only mean one thing, POWER POINTS. The issue will be the separation the section gives each team in power points. Leads to this question, Is there a standard separation between the rankings or is there another meeting which jerks the ranking and provides more information on power points.

11 weeks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few moms were complaining about how some player wasn't entertaining any offers from DIII schools. The player only wanted to go to a Div 1. They said how foolish he was being and how that could ruin opportunities for kids at their school later on.

Another mom stated they weren't sure if he even wants to continue playing. To that, another mom said then how is he only entertaining only Div I teams, if he isnt sure about continuing to play he shouldn't entertain Div I schools.

WOW, ladies. Is all i can say. Mind your own business. Maybe he is looking for a certain tier school academically and maybe the DIII schools that fit the bill do not excite him. or yeah maybe the kid is to good for the schools.

which bring me to the opposite, look at the kids that just go to a "No name" DII or DIII school that are academically horrible and athletically challenged. But they are going only so everyone can say they (or their kid) played college lacrosse. I just shake my head. But its none of my business, not my kid. Just funny how the moms in the first part are the same families in the second part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The premier series lacrosse box league at Myers Pavilion was very intertaining lots of MIAA and top public school kids playing. Very good tune up for kids to get ready for the spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any schedules released yet for Long Island Teams?

The premier series lacrosse box league at Myers Pavilion was very intertaining lots of MIAA and top public school kids playing. Very good tune up for kids to get ready for the spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids?? If Daddy is still managing the schedule...thats a red flag right there!!! The best players take charge on their own, and are setting up practices themselves. This initiative is what sets them apart. Just my two cents, from a parent of 3 stand out players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 percent correct there should be no involvement from any parents when the boys are at JV and HS level , it creates a bad tone among any team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nassau Schedules are on Sportspak Online.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 percent correct there should be no involvement from any parents when the boys are at JV and HS level , it creates a bad tone among any team

It's happening on my district (JV) team already; Big Mama called her Papa Bear (male friend) who is on the school board to get her middle school son moved up to the JV team this upcoming season. Several of the 8th grade kids being moved up play travel and have the stick in their hands year long, but not Big Mama's son. Some districts are just a JOKE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a double edged sword on the parents involvement. Sometimes if you do not have parent involvement you dont get things done. As long as what is being done is for the good of the team or program. many booster clubs are parent driven but is a necessary evil.

There is no district that should have more than 4 maybe 5 boys brought up to JV from 8th grade. If they were really good they would have gone to Varsity.

Although i would like to hear about the districts who will be bringing boys up to varsity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nassau Schedules are on Sportspak Online.

Suffolk
SectionXI.org

Nassua
https://www.leaguelineup.com/schedu...8&divisionid=758082&teamid=99999

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe last season there were 3 8th graders playing varsity in nassau county and 2 in suffolk county

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa wiil have some this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares they are a non factor , good for the boys getting experience but lets be real they will not have an impact ... it is more for the parents to pound their chest and tell people his kid is on Varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares they are a non factor , good for the boys getting experience but lets be real they will not have an impact ... it is more for the parents to pound their chest and tell people his kid is on Varsity

The MS 8th grader last year was a factor.... even if he is a HB..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

um - you're totally wrong, and I think a little slighted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

um-if an eight grader is having an impact on your team, they're probably not a very good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly right this is a NON FACTOR .... Look at the top 4 team in Suffolk and let me know if an 8th grader going to make an impact ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

um-if an eight grader is having an impact on your team, they're probably not a very good team.

Agreed, I can't remember an on age 8th grader, aside from Brennan O'Neill, who has had an impact on a varsity program. I'm sure there have been some over the years but they are in the minority for sure.
The pace of the game alone at this level takes some getting used to, nevermind playing against the physical size of juniors & seniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe last season there were 3 8th graders playing varsity in nassau county and 2 in suffolk county

But were they on age! hahahaha

And the $hit you stir about were they a top four, I say who cares to that. I am sure thee were more than 2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, I can't remember an on age 8th grader, aside from Brennan O'Neill, who has had an impact on a varsity program. I'm sure there have been some over the years but they are in the minority for sure.
The pace of the game alone at this level takes some getting used to, nevermind playing against the physical size of juniors & seniors

The pace of the game alone at this level takes some getting used to, nevermind playing against the physical size of juniors & seniors[/quote]

You pick the stereo typical "best player in the country" to prove your point.

Sure you can, stop being a diqk, there have been many that have made an impact on their team. Some even made the teams they play them readjust. If you don't know who they are then sorry, you don't know as much as you think.

These 8th graders are not inconsequential. Hope they don't come to bite you on the butt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch for West Islip they have a really strong 2020 Class , many talented players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI's 2020 group must have improved drastically over the last year for that group to be considered really strong... the best 20 group in suffolk is Ward Melville, Mt Sinai, SWR, Islip. big drop to #5 after that. Nassau is Manhasset, CSH then a distant 3rd Farmingdale, Pequa, Port, GC and then it falls off a cliff in terms of talent. (publics) Obviously St. A's and Cham are stacked no matter what the year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI's 2020 group must have improved drastically over the last year for that group to be considered really strong... the best 20 group in suffolk is Ward Melville, Mt Sinai, SWR, Islip. big drop to #5 after that. Nassau is Manhasset, CSH then a distant 3rd Farmingdale, Pequa, Port, GC and then it falls off a cliff in terms of talent. (publics) Obviously St. A's and Cham are stacked no matter what the year...

Didn't WI lose their best player in the 2020 group to prep school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Nassau i would give CSH the nod for strongest overall 2020 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure you can, stop being a diqk, there have been many that have made an impact on their team. Some even made the teams they play them readjust. If you don't know who they are then sorry, you don't know as much as you think.

These 8th graders are not inconsequential. Hope they don't come to bite you on the butt
[/quote]

Ok genius, since you claim there have been many and that I don't know as much as I think, go ahead and name them. Please enlighten the majority of us who now think that you're the diqk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are thoughts on South Side talent vs. Wantagh for 20's. Neither mentioned but both pretty good, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um-if an eight grader is having an impact on your team, they're probably not a very good team.[/quote]

The pace of the game alone at this level takes some getting used to, nevermind playing against the physical size of juniors & seniors[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok genius, since you claim there have been many and that I don't know as much as I think, go ahead and name them. Please enlighten the majority of us who now think that you're the diqk.[/quote]

Wait until JS gets a reads this and comes on here to claim his twin twerps are the best 8th graders in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Page 136 of 264 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard