BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Parent here.... Igloo will be better this year, 91 always puts good product out. Legacy will compete. Watching them play box with Express every week. They upgraded quite a bit. Fall ball means nothing. The best teams will rise in the BIG tournaments. 2026 age eligible for NLF Championship this year, Naptown will be big, Tri Star usually has good draw. Hopefully Igloo and Legacy get into bigger tournaments similar to NLF. I get the club politics, but playing teams like Laxaxhussetts, Annapolis Hawks, Bethesda... will show teams where they stand.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question wasn't playing the teams out of the area. the question was for clubs on long island.

these out of state teams many play by different rules with the reclass and stuff,,

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express Parent here.... Igloo will be better this year, 91 always puts good product out. Legacy will compete. Watching them play box with Express every week. They upgraded quite a bit. Fall ball means nothing. The best teams will rise in the BIG tournaments. 2026 age eligible for NLF Championship this year, Naptown will be big, Tri Star usually has good draw. Hopefully Igloo and Legacy get into bigger tournaments similar to NLF. I get the club politics, but playing teams like Laxaxhussetts, Annapolis Hawks, Bethesda... will show teams where they stand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question wasn't playing the teams out of the area. the question was for clubs on long island.

these out of state teams many play by different rules with the reclass and stuff,,

Keeping to the 4 in discussion here are my thoughts:

Three years ago...2016: (1) Igloo, (2) Legacy, (3) 91, (4) Express
Two Years ago.....2017: (1) 91, (2) Igloo, (3) Express, (4) Legacy
Last year..............2018: (1) Express (2) 91, (3) Igloo, (4) Legacy
This year............. 2019 (1/2) Will be battled out between Express, 91, and Igloo. Legacy will show drastic improvement after rebuilding last year.

There is no overly dominant team at this age. There are the top 3 (maybe 4) then everyone else. CSH Roar, RVC Futures town teams (who have many kids on all of the above are by far the best town programs I have seen)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keeping to the 4 in discussion here are my thoughts:

Three years ago...2016: (1) Igloo, (2) Legacy, (3) 91, (4) Express
Two Years ago.....2017: (1) 91, (2) Igloo, (3) Express, (4) Legacy
Last year..............2018: (1) Express (2) 91, (3) Igloo, (4) Legacy
This year............. 2019 (1/2) Will be battled out between Express, 91, and Igloo. Legacy will show drastic improvement after rebuilding last year.

There is no overly dominant team at this age. There are the top 3 (maybe 4) then everyone else. CSH Roar, RVC Futures town teams (who have many kids on all of the above are by far the best town programs I have seen)

These posts are by far the most sensible here. Those are the top 4 teams on LI, and no other club team is even close. I would argue the order of the top 3, but any of them could beat the other on any given day. All very talented clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone agrees those are the top three. I still think there’s a big drop off after those three. I include legacy in that dropoff. Legacy is a nice program. But their team at this age group isn’t in the same league as those three

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more, why we keep talking about Legacy is crazy ,,2024 Tazz is Legit ..i dont know another age group where they are even in the conversation , the 2027 91 team would beat them badly ,,come on guys ...they had a GROUPON or tryouts last year ??? seriously ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more, why we keep talking about Legacy is crazy ,,2024 Tazz is Legit ..i dont know another age group where they are even in the conversation , the 2027 91 team would beat them badly ,,come on guys ...they had a GROUPON or tryouts last year ??? seriously ..

that's where you are wrong. legacy won the world series of lacrosse a few years ago, they have some good up and coming teams . The club is also more of a tight knitt family. Great training and good connections for your kids. do not listen to the hype of parents from 91 , playing for them is like buying good year tires. You pay for the name . You have to see the forrest through the trees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its funny how everyone keeps talking over the same thing over and over and over again. The top 3 are the top 3, I dont think anyone is disputing that, and you can choose who you may think is 1,2,3 but they are all in there, I personally think it is 91, igloo then express. But the question is who is next, not to belittle anyone, where does moose lax, legacy, shore 2 shore, outlaws, empire and others fit? How do they stack up and are there others that I am not mentioning????

that's where you are wrong. legacy won the world series of lacrosse a few years ago, they have some good up and coming teams . The club is also more of a tight knitt family. Great training and good connections for your kids. do not listen to the hype of parents from 91 , playing for them is like buying good year tires. You pay for the name . You have to see the forrest through the trees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so its fair to say the delusional Legacy parent must be from Farmingdale , Igloo B TEAM would give Legacy a run ,,,,and putting Farmingdale up there with RVC/CSH/SACHEM is a joke...Farmingdale best players all play for Legacy ,,,do the math ...Enjoy it yes ...they are kids ,,its a GAME...enjoy it . i hope you let your kids just enjoy youth sports ..dont live through your kids because you never played a sport in your life !!

In My Opinion- the best Farmingdale 2026 players are on Shore2Shore, not Legacy. In fact, a couple Farmingdale players who didn’t even make the 2026 Shore2Shore “A” team, were picked up by Legacy Eels.. no opinion here on how good Legacy Eels will be, but Farmingdale had one very good PAL team and one weak PAL team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any talk of Nassau PAL and Suffolk PAL doing anything together? A tournament or all-star game vs. each other? The All-star thing would be tough because you'd have a coaches kid vs. coaches kid game but why not a cross county town tournament?

The club tournaments outside of the 4 team "A" brackets are town kids playing with kids from another town competing against true town teams (and losing). Why not just get the best town teams playing against each other? We would 100% see better competition overall and get more L.I. kids involved.

Too many of the flyby-night clubs travel off L.I. or play meaningless competition and who does that help and what cost does that add to the already high cost of lacrosse?

If anyone on here has sway with that you'd do more for our kids then arguing about Legacy. JMHO

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It always seems to come down to the PAL leagues vs the clubs, i really don't know why it has to come to that. Remember the PAL league is something that runs for 3 months. For many clubs they are going most of the year like 11 months. If kids want to be committed to lacrosse dont know why they cant co exist.
Or why there is such vitriol about the town vs club situation. Some towns have tried to have their own club experiment. Some do ok with it.
But i would not bash all the clubs. I think many try to give kids a good path of a more competitive atmosphere of learning, and thats good.
If you want to argue with what they charge or how much they do you can debate that. Thats why parents need to do their homework on the clubs and see if a particular club is right for them, location, price, level, coaches, activity.

kids will shuffle around and end up on multiple teams. There are many many options but parents just have to do their homework to find the right situation for their kid.

Is there any talk of Nassau PAL and Suffolk PAL doing anything together? A tournament or all-star game vs. each other? The All-star thing would be tough because you'd have a coaches kid vs. coaches kid game but why not a cross county town tournament?

The club tournaments outside of the 4 team "A" brackets are town kids playing with kids from another town competing against true town teams (and losing). Why not just get the best town teams playing against each other? We would 100% see better competition overall and get more L.I. kids involved.

Too many of the flyby-night clubs travel off L.I. or play meaningless competition and who does that help and what cost does that add to the already high cost of lacrosse?

If anyone on here has sway with that you'd do more for our kids then arguing about Legacy. JMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so its fair to say the delusional Legacy parent must be from Farmingdale , Igloo B TEAM would give Legacy a run ,,,,and putting Farmingdale up there with RVC/CSH/SACHEM is a joke...Farmingdale best players all play for Legacy ,,,do the math ...Enjoy it yes ...they are kids ,,its a GAME...enjoy it . i hope you let your kids just enjoy youth sports ..dont live through your kids because you never played a sport in your life !!

In My Opinion- the best Farmingdale 2026 players are on Shore2Shore, not Legacy. In fact, a couple Farmingdale players who didn’t even make the 2026 Shore2Shore “A” team, were picked up by Legacy Eels.. no opinion here on how good Legacy Eels will be, but Farmingdale had one very good PAL team and one weak PAL team.

So it's quite obvious that you have been trolling by asking who the 4th team is over and over in this age group to plug your Shore2Shore nonsense. Legacy crushed them every time they played them last year. Legacy handled Mooselax and any other LI team besides 91 and Express. They only scrimmaged Igloo last year. As any normal person like the several who expressed unbiased opinions above, 91, Express and Igloo are the top, and Legacy is the only other LI team that can compete with them and always plays in the A bracket. I rather have my son compete in the A bracket and loose to Express/Igloo/91 in a very competitive game than play in B brackets and beat up on B level teams. So please tell me of 1 club team that beat Legacy besides the other 3 mentioned? Legacy trains with Express every Sat afternoon in Box. Its always a spirited and competitive. That's what you pay for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor has it that the Lizards will be hosting PAL Long Island Championship games between Nassau & Suffolk to give the kids something to play for at the end of the season. Not a bad idea to bring some excitement back to town lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL should look to how Football runs their divisions. Teams are seeded correctly you play regular season games then you play a playoff game with a championship. Then maybe as a added bonus the Suffolk winners should play the Nassau winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore2Shore/ Knights and Mooslax are not in the same conversation with Legacy ! They are not B teams they are C !!! These teams are filled with kids who got cut or cant even make there town travel teams ...I hear how much of a bargain you get ,,,well you get what you pay for ..Legacy has a couple of talented kids that keeps them competitive with the big boys ..KNIGHTS ?? COME ON ..they have kids that would get hurt against LAXACHUSETTS/ANNAPOLIS ETC...does anybody mention coaching??? exspress/igloo/91/legacy have real coaches...structure ,,thats what you pay for ,,the rest are for fun,,dont call it club ,,everyone who showed up made team ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So it's quite obvious that you have been trolling by asking who the 4th team is over and over in this age group to plug your Shore2Shore nonsense. Legacy crushed them every time they played them last year. Legacy handled Mooselax and any other LI team besides 91 and Express. They only scrimmaged Igloo last year. As any normal person like the several who expressed unbiased opinions above, 91, Express and Igloo are the top, and Legacy is the only other LI team that can compete with them and always plays in the A bracket. I rather have my son compete in the A bracket and loose to Express/Igloo/91 in a very competitive game than play in B brackets and beat up on B level teams. So please tell me of 1 club team that beat Legacy besides the other 3 mentioned? Legacy trains with Express every Sat afternoon in Box. Its always a spirited and competitive. That's what you pay for.

Hard to say that legacy can compete with those teams when they seem to avoid them every year. Looking at their tournaments this year it looks like they are avoiding them again. At the Columbus Day invitational legacy was beat soundly by 91 and BBL. They barely beat igloos B team. Like I said, they have a nice program. But they just aren’t competitive with the top 3 in this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading all this sounds like the same person post after post . Who cares they are not 10-11 yrs old . Are you people serious ? Especially the Legacy post , who cares you Rebuild. They are kids people relax. How does 1 person know the top 3 top 4 top 5 who cares . Let the kids enjoy the game and grow into a better kid and player. Stop living thru your children .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop legacy parents . You lost every tournament you guys went away last year. No one care you rebuilt. 3 dad coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore2Shore/ Knights and Mooslax are not in the same conversation with Legacy ! They are not B teams they are C !!! These teams are filled with kids who got cut or cant even make there town travel teams ...I hear how much of a bargain you get ,,,well you get what you pay for ..Legacy has a couple of talented kids that keeps them competitive with the big boys ..Knights ?? COME ON ..they have kids that would get hurt against Laxachusetts/Annapolis Etc...does anybody mention coaching??? express/igloo/91/legacy have real coaches...structure ,,thats what you pay for ,,the rest are for fun,,dont call it club ,,everyone who showed up made team ..

You need to Relax. Your commas are offensive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy plays box with Express. Maybe the Legacy Eels can compete with the Hitmen now? Or the Vipers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop legacy parents . You lost every tournament you guys went away last year. No one care you rebuilt. 3 dad coaches

I found a local LI tournament that Legacy Eels may have a shot at winning... https://blatantevents.leagueapps.com/tournaments/727702-blatant-town-cup-2019

LEGACY PARENTS REJOICE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I found a local LI tournament that Legacy Eels may have a shot at winning... https://blatantevents.leagueapps.com/tournaments/727702-blatant-town-cup-2019

LEGACY PARENTS REJOICE?

Bro, stop replying to your own posts. It's obvious that your kid got axed or left the program. Why would an adult be so obsessed wit ha boys lacrosse program?
They play in A tournaments in the A bracket. I rather go .500 in the A bracket then win the B bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, not to pile on Legacy. I think the comments should remain civil. They are not on the level of those top 3. That being said. It is an interesting blend of the next 5 to 6 clubs. If i write a comment on those clubs, please top 3 parents do not be insulted for any reason lol. Legacy, S2S, Mooselax, outlaws, Empire, GC, Then maybe a next level below them of knights, hitmen, Some of the top 3 B teams might fit in there somewhere, not sure where the newer long island lc team would fit. but i wouldn't really talk about town teams who use club players when comparing because they are overlapping players. and it would change the dynamic when you compare. IE- If RVC goes in a tournament that does not have the top 3 club teams in it, and they have all of their core players who play club, they of course are going to be at the top and be very competitive with any of the other clubs if not beat them all. so i am not talking about town teams unless they exclusively exclude the kids who play club for example GC.

Hard to say that legacy can compete with those teams when they seem to avoid them every year. Looking at their tournaments this year it looks like they are avoiding them again. At the Columbus Day invitational legacy was beat soundly by 91 and BBL. They barely beat igloos B team. Like I said, they have a nice program. But they just aren’t competitive with the top 3 in this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides Express 2026, what other teams are registered for the Skate Safe box tournament Saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides Express 2026, what other teams are registered for the Skate Safe box tournament Saturday?

Its up on Tourney Machine, 2 Express teams, Rebels and NOTB(Legacy). Should be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore2Shore/ Knights and Mooslax are not in the same conversation with Legacy ! They are not B teams they are C !!! These teams are filled with kids who got cut or cant even make there town travel teams ...I hear how much of a bargain you get ,,,well you get what you pay for ..Legacy has a couple of talented kids that keeps them competitive with the big boys ..KNIGHTS ?? COME ON ..they have kids that would get hurt against LAXACHUSETTS/ANNAPOLIS ETC...does anybody mention coaching??? exspress/igloo/91/legacy have real coaches...structure ,,thats what you pay for ,,the rest are for fun,,dont call it club ,,everyone who showed up made team ..

I think aside from your grotesque use of commas, your statement of "Competitive with the big boys" is absurd. THEY ARE 10!! If there are any "BIG BOYS" then you need to start checking birth certificates. In addition, I can assure you there are members of those teams you so easily criticize, that do in fact have the ability to play on some of these other teams. But that's not the point. As ADULTS, we make decisions for our children that are in their best interest. That could be paying $4K for an intensive travel experience. Or paying $2k for a more laid back approach. One is not right and the other wrong. So instead of attacking parents and quite frankly children to soothe your ego or mostly likely your bank account that's suffering, you should invest your time and energy into enriching your son's life. Or maybe just invest in spell check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore2Shore/ Knights and Mooslax are not in the same conversation with Legacy ! They are not B teams they are C !!! These teams are filled with kids who got cut or cant even make there town travel teams ...I hear how much of a bargain you get ,,,well you get what you pay for ..Legacy has a couple of talented kids that keeps them competitive with the big boys ..Knights ?? COME ON ..they have kids that would get hurt against Laxachusetts/Annapolis Etc...does anybody mention coaching??? express/igloo/91/legacy have real coaches...structure ,,thats what you pay for ,,the rest are for fun,,dont call it club ,,everyone who showed up made team ..

You need to Relax. Your commas are offensive

Agreed. The commas are offensive. But not as offensive as the content of this post! There are no real club teams on Long Island except the top three (and Legacy)? Ha! Ten year old boys develop and change so much... ugh... maybe they all should quit now, if they aren’t on 91 or Igloo or Express or (ha) Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont mean this to pile on. And we certainly will be able to see this once some of the more local spring tournaments are held. I really dont see Legacy 2026 as that top club outside the top 3. I really do think there will be clubs that beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How difficult is it to crack the top teams at this age? Are there talented kids that we have yet to see? Wondering how likely it is that the top teams will stay top teams. It has to change......these guys are still young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont mean this to pile on. And we certainly will be able to see this once some of the more local spring tournaments are held. I really dont see Legacy 2026 as that top club outside the top 3. I really do think there will be clubs that beat them.

Like who? Has anyone else beat them? Please stop with the nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just played in October and lost badly to 91 and to BBL, and beat the igloo B team 5-3,, you think that makes them the number 4 team in 2026. I would say that you need to beat people to put yourself up there. November you beat a team from new hampshire who didnt win a game,

nobody can even see any games that were played they are so inactive to say that they are 4 is a joke, you have to play people and be out there to talk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just played in October and lost badly to 91 and to BBL, and beat the igloo B team 5-3,, you think that makes them the number 4 team in 2026. I would say that you need to beat people to put yourself up there. November you beat a team from new hampshire who didnt win a game,

nobody can even see any games that were played they are so inactive to say that they are 4 is a joke, you have to play people and be out there to talk

Why don't you answer the question and stop with the nonsense. Who is beating them? Shore2Shore? Beat them soundly every time. Turtles? Beat them. rebels, Rebels? Beat them. Empire hides in B brackets. Lost to Express with half a team and no goalie by 2 in Box. What the heck you mean by inactive? We get it, your the same guy that keeps this alive by posting and answering your own posts. He got cut from Legacy. Move on bro!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking away from the same old topic...these kids are still young. The landscape will change with these teams over next couple years when they begin playing middle school ball and beyond.

A couple of teams that may surprise some folks this year -- Long Island Lacrosse Club and Mooselax. Not a part of either organization but have seen them play against some "better" squads and perform very well, if not win. LILC composed mostly of Port Washington kids, Moose with Northport, Greenlawn/Harborfields kids. Both areas manufacture solid HS lacrosse teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Breaking away from the same old topic...these kids are still young. The landscape will change with these teams over next couple years when they begin playing middle school ball and beyond.

A couple of teams that may surprise some folks this year -- Long Island Lacrosse Club and Mooselax. Not a part of either organization but have seen them play against some "better" squads and perform very well, if not win. LILC composed mostly of Port Washington kids, Moose with Northport, Greenlawn/Harborfields kids. Both areas manufacture solid HS lacrosse teams.

The programs that have been around for 8+ years now will continue to do well - parents/players want tp play with the biggest name programs but the new programs are substantially cheaper so they can draw talented players at thi particular grad year. Will be interesting to see. More programs, the better it is for all of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its also worth noting that the top three many times stay the top three because over the years, they have marketed themselves well and they pick off a few kids each year from the other teams, that is what keeps them up at the top and sometimes holds some of the others back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. Teams are changing and morphing every year. Everyone will see how Legacy does this year in 2026. Yeah, I know.. they beat everyone, blah blah blah.. end this now, and revisit it in June. Forget last year. Mooselax, LILC, S2S, Outlaws, Roar.. whoever they play, just let it play out.. Legacy likely won’t be better than all those teams.. but that’s why they play the games!

Why don't you answer the question and stop with the nonsense. Who is beating them? Shore2Shore? Beat them soundly every time. Turtles? Beat them. rebels, Rebels? Beat them. Empire hides in B brackets. Lost to Express with half a team and no goalie by 2 in Box. What the heck you mean by inactive? We get it, your the same guy that keeps this alive by posting and answering your own posts. He got cut from Legacy. Move on bro!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. Teams are changing and morphing every year. Everyone will see how Legacy does this year in 2026. Yeah, I know.. they beat everyone, blah blah blah.. end this now, and revisit it in June. Forget last year. Mooselax, LILC, S2S, Outlaws, Roar.. whoever they play, just let it play out.. Legacy likely won’t be better than all those teams.. but that’s why they play the games!

Keep it going same J/O daddy. Same guy replying to his own posts. Move on, your boy got cut. Deal with it and get off the keyboard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same garbage and little peepee dad's chest pounding, just a different age classification. All the forums are the same for each grade. Admin, please require registered name to post--will instantaneously clean your site up and stop the rude talk. But then again, I guess that will eliminate 90% of the posts of the lost dad's hiding behind their keyboard and jacked up truck. Fix it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, such sensitive people. Teams will be playing soon enough and we will all see what different teams have and how they compete. No need to get so up in arms about postings. With that said, I hope Legacy doesnt duck everyone like they did in the fall, and rebuilding with 5 kids that didn't want to play on S2S B team is not upgrading. Signed S2S A team Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, such sensitive people. Teams will be playing soon enough and we will all see what different teams have and how they compete. No need to get so up in arms about postings. With that said, I hope Legacy doesnt duck everyone like they did in the fall, and rebuilding with 5 kids that didn't want to play on S2S B team is not upgrading. Signed S2S A team Dad

All of 1 kid from S2S. And Legacy spanked your son's team every time they played them last year. Signed Reality.

Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard