BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think about LIU Brooklyn Kenesaw, Delaware st, Wagner and St Francis ? That's where most of my daughters friends are going

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you think about LIU Brooklyn Kenesaw, Delaware st, Wagner and St Francis ? That's where most of my daughters friends are going

Don't fall for the bait. Someone just trying to start an argument...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the Inside Lacrosse preseason top 25 rankings? I will start by saying Navy too high ( very good coach but the team is severely lacking in talent this year); Hopkins is way too low ( they are a better team this year and many of their losses last year were very close games ; Penn State too high . I would take MD and BC vs the field at this point .

IL Preseason Top 25

1 - BC
2 - MD
3 - UNC
4 - JMU
5 - SBU
6 - Northwestern
7 - Florida
8 - Princeton
9 - PSU
10 - Virginia Tech
11 - Loyola
12 - Syracuse
13 - Navy
14 - Virginia
15 - Penn
16 - Towson
17 - Stanford
18 - Georgetown
19 - Colorado
20 - Duke
21 - USC
22 - Notre Dame
23 - Denver
24 - Hopkins
25 - Dartmouth

Stony Brook, JMU & VA Tech will not finish the season in the Top 10.

Dartmouth, Notre Dame, USC and Duke are all Top 20.

Loyola, Penn and Virginia all Top 10.

Northwestern could be back in the Final Four.

Albany might surprise and finish in the Top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the Inside Lacrosse preseason top 25 rankings? I will start by saying Navy too high ( very good coach but the team is severely lacking in talent this year); Hopkins is way too low ( they are a better team this year and many of their losses last year were very close games ; Penn State too high . I would take MD and BC vs the field at this point .

IL Preseason Top 25

1 - BC
2 - MD
3 - UNC
4 - JMU
5 - SBU
6 - Northwestern
7 - Florida
8 - Princeton
9 - PSU
10 - Virginia Tech
11 - Loyola
12 - Syracuse
13 - Navy
14 - Virginia
15 - Penn
16 - Towson
17 - Stanford
18 - Georgetown
19 - Colorado
20 - Duke
21 - USC
22 - Notre Dame
23 - Denver
24 - Hopkins
25 - Dartmouth

Season starts in a month. We should know better after a few weeks. I would go with MD, UNC or BC if I was a betting man... The fourth team..... NW wouldn't surprise, UVA, Princeton, PSU? Looking forward to the season getting started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IL Preseason Top 25

1 - BC
2 - MD
3 - UNC
4 - JMU
5 - SBU
6 - Northwestern
7 - Florida
8 - Princeton
9 - PSU
10 - Virginia Tech
11 - Loyola
12 - Syracuse
13 - Navy
14 - Virginia
15 - Penn
16 - Towson
17 - Stanford
18 - Georgetown
19 - Colorado
20 - Duke
21 - USC
22 - Notre Dame
23 - Denver
24 - Hopkins
25 - Dartmouth

Season starts in a month. We should know better after a few weeks. I would go with MD, UNC or BC if I was a betting man... The fourth team..... NW wouldn't surprise, UVA, Princeton, PSU? Looking forward to the season getting started.

Agree top 3... Notthwestern and Florida next... Loyola , Penn State, Penn, Prinveton, Virginia next group...

Duke will be back fighting to be in Top 10. Don't count Syracuse out. Dartmouth could make some waves.

USC, Colorado , Stanford ??

Don't think anyone outside that list will do anything ... Maybe UMass?

Looking forward to another great year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly only the top 9 have a chance. The universe will course correct and UNC or Maryland will be back on top

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly only the top 9 have a chance. The universe will course correct and UNC or Maryland will be back on top

Top 9? The IL Top 9? Will be very surprised if JMU is back and don't think SBU has a chance (I have been wrong many times in the past).

BC is strong favorite .

Outside of current Top 10 , Duke and USC could surprise. Penn, Virginia, Syracuse and Loyola could all end up as Top 10 Teams.

Will we see another JMU?? Who knows?

Who is the Dark Horse? Colorado? Virginia Tech? Any team not listed have a chance to crack the Top 10 - 15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 9? The IL Top 9? Will be very surprised if JMU is back and don't think SBU has a chance (I have been wrong many times in the past).

BC is strong favorite .

Outside of current Top 10 , Duke and USC could surprise. Penn, Virginia, Syracuse and Loyola could all end up as Top 10 Teams.

Who is the Dark Horse? Colorado? Virginia Tech? Any team not listed have a chance to crack the Top 10 - 15?

Saw Denver, Penn, Princeton, VATech, Loyola, ND play in the fall... All are legit. Saw CO beat SBU. They are both good.

Spring will be exciting. Definitely more parity in top 25-30

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC is strong favorite .

Saw Denver, Penn, Princeton, VATech, Loyola, ND play in the fall... All are legit. Saw CO beat SBU. They are both good.

BC is strong favorite .

And saw CU get crushed by Hofstra ....fall means nothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC is strong favorite .

BC is strong favorite .

And saw CU get crushed by Hofstra ....fall means nothing

Saw MD play in the fall...they won too, probably a fluke though...some teams take fallball seriously

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra is terrible my daughter plays for CU Our first group steam rolled them. Hofstra played even with our 2nd and 3rd team. She was a great player but can see the hot seat heating up on her. Parents on side were less than complimentary of her style and ways. Pac 12 is a heck of a conference could be a three bid league this season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra is terrible my daughter plays for CU Our first group steam rolled them. Hofstra played even with our 2nd and 3rd team. She was a great player but can see the hot seat heating up on her. Parents on side were less than complimentary of her style and ways. Pac 12 is a heck of a conference could be a three bid league this season

Seriously, fall ball is a time to scrimmage but why do you come on here and blatantly lie. I was at Hofstra that day as well and I can assure you CU scored maybe 3 goals and Hofstra had more than 10. I assumed CU played their subs the whole game because Hofstra was up early and big. Again, it is the fall and it does not mean a whole lot but you obviously have a beef with the Coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD is the favorite in my book ( transfer will help them big time ). BC is close behind but seem to play a week schedule outside the ACC. UNC has a decent shot but the draw may be a big problem . Teams that may surprise I will take Loyolla and Hopkins . Those West Coast teams are always over hyped and come the NCAA tournament when all teams have the same amount of preparation time they get revealed for what they are .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A weak schedule outside ACC? Can you play strong teams outside the ACC? And I’m pretty sure they play at NW and at Navy. But I agree Maryland should be 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD is the favorite in my book ( transfer will help them big time ). BC is close behind but seem to play a week schedule outside the ACC. UNC has a decent shot but the draw may be a big problem . Teams that may surprise I will take Loyolla and Hopkins . Those West Coast teams are always over hyped and come the NCAA tournament when all teams have the same amount of preparation time they get revealed for what they are .

Gibberish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A weak schedule outside ACC? Can you play strong teams outside the ACC? And I’m pretty sure they play at NW and at Navy. But I agree Maryland should be 1.

The best teams outside the ACC they play are UMASS, Dartmouth,USC, NW , . Not bad, Navy will struggle this year. Compared to their main competition in the conference UNC who plays outside the ACC NW, JMU, MD, FL. I guess we will have to wait until the season but comparatively I would say BC plays a weaker non ACC schedule. In the end maybe its a benefit to do so when you play in such a difficult conference, who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gibberish

Carnac says "What comes out of your mouth every time it opens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND could make some noise if it weren't for the Head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND could make some noise if it weren't for the Head coach.

Agree. Coaching plays a huge role in a teams success or lack thereof. You need the players but without coaching the players have no chance. Same is true for the reverse, the best coaches need to have significant depth of talent to win. The combination of good coaching and sufficient depth of talent is the recipe for winning. That combination obviously does not always lead to a championship but the teams with both are constantly fighting to be in the Top 10 - 15. Success begets success. Every year the large majority of top high school players choose to go to the top college programs (notice, I did not say "all"). The top programs generally get the majority of the players they want and the rest of the schools are left to recruit other players. Winning a National Championship is very difficult. Look no further than North Carolina, it took JL 16 years to win a Championship at UNC. JMU had an incredible run last year, congrats to the coaches and players. Will any team outside the usual suspects have a chance this year? Very tough for any team that does not bring in top talent to consistently crack the Top 10 - 15. Making it to the Elite Eight, Final For or winning a National Championship is very difficult.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I counted 7. Embarrassing. Did every kid on the NU roster, who did not age out of U19, make the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I counted 7. Embarrassing. Did every kid on the NU roster, who did not age out of U19, make the team?

This is exactly why US Lacrosse is an embarrassment to the sport. They allow this type of favoritism to go on. Just awful! I don’t have a kid in the mix this time around, but I have witnessed the screwing of the most deserved players on both the girls and boys sides too many times. When will US lacrosse realize they are not doing right by the athletes? Disgusting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the Syracuse attacker that never made original expanded roster but magically appears on final roster. No politics here, maybe I should move my daughter to mass, California or Texas. Seems no good lacrosse on LI anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the Syracuse attacker that never made original expanded roster but magically appears on final roster. No politics here, maybe I should move my daughter to mass, California or Texas. Seems no good lacrosse on LI anymore.

Maybe she is transferring to NU?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe she is transferring to NU?

I was actually wondering the same thing, not kidding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly why US Lacrosse is an embarrassment to the sport. They allow this type of favoritism to go on. Just awful! I don’t have a kid in the mix this time around, but I have witnessed the screwing of the most deserved players on both the girls and boys sides too many times. When will US lacrosse realize they are not doing right by the athletes? Disgusting!

It is worse than just the 6 Northwestern girls. Look at her coching staff. 2 UMass girls and 1 Colorado girl. Also, 2 Mass Elite girls not already counted where other Coach was a Director. That is 11 of 23 with direct link to the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is worse than just the 6 Northwestern girls. Look at her coching staff. 2 UMass girls and 1 Colorado girl. Also, 2 Mass Elite girls not already counted where other Coach was a Director. That is 11 of 23 with direct link to the coaches.

If US Lacrosse wants to be respected, they would not allow the coaches to pick girls on their teams. What is going on is ridiculous and embarrassing. It’s a shame for those girls chosen as well because everyone is talking behind their backs knowing they don’t belong on the team. Just awful for the sport!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the players are very strong no not knocking the players but the connections go further than you mention.... PSU, Syracuse, BC, MD in addition to UNC all directly connected.

I usually do not knock selections but this is pretty bad. 19 of 23... There is no way to remove bias but this situation appears to be over the top. I do not have an answer or a solution to offer.
The players should be proud, they all work hard and they are all strong players who should be congratulated for their effort and accomplishment. No doubt they will do their best and will represent our country well.
Go USA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please there is also the player who has an aunt on the board of us lacrosse . Makes all the all star teams and each time the coaches are baffled how.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the players are very strong no not knocking the players but the connections go further than you mention.... PSU, Syracuse, BC, MD in addition to UNC all directly connected.

I usually do not knock selections but this is pretty bad. 19 of 23... There is no way to remove bias but this situation appears to be over the top. I do not have an answer or a solution to offer.
The players should be proud, they all work hard and they are all strong players who should be congratulated for their effort and accomplishment. No doubt they will do their best and will represent our country well.
Go USA!

I on't be watching this sham. Shame on USA, a joke. Hope you lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go USA!

I on't be watching this sham. Shame on USA, a joke. Hope you lose

Oh no.....there goes 50% of the viewership

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If US Lacrosse wants to be respected, they would not allow the coaches to pick girls on their teams. What is going on is ridiculous and embarrassing. It’s a shame for those girls chosen as well because everyone is talking behind their backs knowing they don’t belong on the team. Just awful for the sport!

You are Pathetic!!! Same thing happens here, on Long Island for school girls, brine and under armour.
Get over it. Now shoe is on other foot and it becomes a big deal. Get lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are Pathetic!!! Same thing happens here, on Long Island for school girls, brine and under armour.
Get over it. Now shoe is on other foot and it becomes a big deal. Get lost

The only one pathetic is you! FYI: UA, Brine, and school girls are money making operations. US Lacrosse is supposed to be unbiased. Half the girls on the U19 team don’t belong there. Now that’s pathetic! Sad for the sport, and for the girls. Sadly, even the girls who deserved to make it are not even respected due to the shenanigans. Hot mess, and not helping the sport at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for advice. There is a parent on our team whose daughter does not play. This parent will denigrate the other players and make snarky comments, all while doing much for the team in terms of support of team events. It is ridiculous that this happens, but it does. What would your response be to the snark? Considering no one wants WW3 on the sidelines and we all have months or years left to spend together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think US lax isn't looking for money you're living in fantasy land, every player on U19 roster is expected to fund raise 10K+ (and that starts before the final cuts) to cover expenses and some parents will go way beyond that to secure a roster spot for their kid. If it's a toss up for roster spots between a bunch of similar players the money will always win the day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for advice. There is a parent on our team whose daughter does not play. This parent will denigrate the other players and make snarky comments, all while doing much for the team in terms of support of team events. It is ridiculous that this happens, but it does. What would your response be to the snark? Considering no one wants WW3 on the sidelines and we all have months or years left to spend together.

The sport has been ruined... just let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any upsets this weekend, cant find scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any upsets this weekend, cant find scores.

https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/lacrosse-women/d1/2019/02/09/all-conf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tell the coach to give the kid some PT. This aint the super bowl.. Aren’t there blowout games? Don’t understand why coaches don’t give kids PT during blowouts? Like what’s the upside in keeping your stars in other than to pad stats.ACL tear waiting to happen for jerking around. Seriously tho. The stars aren’t getting better. Get your bench some reps and make your whole team better, fam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If kids are chosen for a team, the kid should play. If the kid wasn't good enough should have been cut. I blame the money hungry clubs packing rosters with 28 kids

Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard