BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
they can have her.

huh? who can have who?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they can have her.

huh? who can have who?

Don't act like you don't know>>>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give feedback on Lacrosse Master's Florida vs XPO Lacrosse Florida? Both January events. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went to a Lacrosse Masters event ( not the Florida one though) in the past, it was a nicely run clinic. She had a good opportunity to interact and be coached by the collegiate coaches. If the schools you're targeting are there and you can swing the logistics...GO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went to a Lacrosse Masters event ( not the Florida one though) in the past, it was a nicely run clinic. She had a good opportunity to interact and be coached by the collegiate coaches. If the schools you're targeting are there and you can swing the logistics...GO

It is much more important to go to the on campus events for schools your daughter is interested. By now you should have heard from a group of schools that are interested in your daughter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk recruiting ? Will anyone share position and how many achools you have received emails from ? Also what is the difference if your club reaches out and gets direct feedback that “we are interested” vs those blanket email “we are interested in the following players”? Thoughts comments experience ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great topic

4 - blanket emails to club (interested in multiple players)
4 - direct feedback to club
1 - direct feedback through 3rd party

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great topic

4 - blanket emails to club (interested in multiple players)
4 - direct feedback to club
1 - direct feedback through 3rd party

Not sure it's a great topic. It will just have people inflating numbers to make their daughter's look good. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would people inflate numbers anonymously ? You can’t talk to your teammates parents and have no idea where you stand. We are all in the same situation here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would people inflate numbers anonymously ? You can’t talk to your teammates parents and have no idea where you stand. We are all in the same situation here.

So will it make you feel better to know that some girls have heard from 15-20 teams? Other girls haven't heard from anyone. Is what it is. Even on top teams there's a difference between the top and bottom half of roster.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So will it make you feel better to know that some girls have heard from 15-20 teams? Other girls haven't heard from anyone. Is what it is. Even on top teams there's a difference between the top and bottom half of roster.

Like all all things, if you choose to contribute and share..Thank you if not feel free to keep your info to yourself. no reason to denigrate those who want to contribute.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one wants to share?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
XPO in Naples was a very worthwhile event. My daughter said the coaching was great and that the competition was good as well. She got to know several of the coaches and got some insight on where she might want to focus her efforts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one wants to share?

My daughters team has garnered some interest but she has heard that most of the interest in this area is going to M&D, Skywalkers and Heros. It sounds like those teams have gotten multiple emails and the better players are getting multiple emails as well. - Central MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of us have been specifically asked to keep such info to ourselves about our daughters. I know this is anonymous but it's not something that is really discussed so that people that aren't hearing much don't freak out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of us have been specifically asked to keep such info to ourselves about our daughters. I know this is anonymous but it's not something that is really discussed so that people that aren't hearing much don't freak out.

Thanks Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Not something that is really discussed” that is why it is being brought here to an anonymous forum. Because maybe parents will actually share the truth instead of puffing up their chest to look better. The question isn’t about anybody else it’s about your own kid and your experience.

My daughter is a defender. She received 4 interest emails to her club from wildly different types of schools (smaller lower level lax to top 10) She also has interest that we know of from her club following up after camps from a few other schools. Who knows what this all means until Nov 1. She has been very active in emailing coaches for the past year and also has gone to many camps and clinics.

We have heard that the interest emails to the club are just a way to generate more camp revenue. I know personally I like to hear what others are experiencing. I have a acquaintance with defender on another team who received 3 emails. I hope this helps somebody else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk recruiting ? Will anyone share position and how many achools you have received emails from ? Also what is the difference if your club reaches out and gets direct feedback that “we are interested” vs those blanket email “we are interested in the following players”? Thoughts comments experience ?

At this point in the process, how many 2021 field players do you think each top 20 program is evaluating? I realize that every team will have a different approach but if my daughter has heard from a program, how many other girls heard from that program? 50, 100, 200... I am asking because I have no idea. Thank You

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Blake James bjames@miami.edu
Incoming Chair:
Dr. M. Grace Calhoun athdir@pobox.upenn.edu

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the top 2021 recruit rankings be posted? interested to see where the girls are listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the top 2021 recruit rankings be posted? interested to see where the girls are listed.

And what do you think these would be based on? The reason IL didn't rank sophs this year is because they no longer are able to base rankings on the school the players are committed to. IL doesn't come watch tournament or HS games. Those rankings are all bs to begin with. No, I'm not a jaded parent, my older daughter was ranked higher than she probably deserved because she was committed to a top school early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
The lacrosse coaches want 9/1 instead of 6/15 because of $ greed.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:
2018-93 is for June 15th contact like other sports
2018-93-2 is Lax Coach Camp $ greed Sept 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital, M+D and SW all in the same pool at LFTC? Tough lineup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital, M+D and SW all in the same pool at LFTC? Tough lineup.

And of course Charlie's STEPS get a lowly TLC Red et al and has an easy path to the playoffs.

Death Match - 9:40am on Sunday (Skywalkers vs M&D). Hopefully they are not staying in the same hotel again this year...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard