BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 86 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Just remember this article only showed the emails from Madlax back to this guy. They left off the emails he sent to the Madlax owner. Its not a good look for sure but this story is not the full story. I will leave it at that. This kid went on and got a D1 spot so no one was harmed by these nasty emails to a donk dad.

Wow..2013 ??? And still news.

So how did the game come out against VLC ?? It looked like there were to be some paybacks according to email.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember this article only showed the emails from Madlax back to this guy. They left off the emails he sent to the Madlax owner. Its not a good look for sure but this story is not the full story. I will leave it at that. This kid went on and got a D1 spot so no one was harmed by these nasty emails to a donk dad.

So how did the game come out against VLC ?? It looked like there were to be some paybacks according to email.

Nothing happened the kid and the other kids went on to all do great things and are playing in college. The emails are a very bad look but this is a very dead horse. Everyone has emails or fights they would love to take back. But CM will never be allowed to not hear about this. 2013 not 2018. He has growing kids now he only had babies 5 years ago. We all change and we all make mistakes. But god would you want to have to hear about a mistake you had 5 years ago? Heck you guys act like he punched him in the face. He did not!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing happened the kid and the other kids went on to all do great things and are playing in college. The emails are a very bad look but this is a very dead horse. Everyone has emails or fights they would love to take back. But CM will never be allowed to not hear about this. 2013 not 2018. He has growing kids now he only had babies 5 years ago. We all change and we all make mistakes. But god would you want to have to hear about a mistake you had 5 years ago? Heck you guys act like he punched him in the face. He did not!

OK, forget the "bad" look and the threats. Maybe it was a bad time in his life five years ago. What has not changed is the ego and false belief that this program can make or break kids. According to his own words, he wanted to bad mouth this kid to future programs. The player in question is now at UVA despite the fact that the ML owner told the parents he messed up and would regret it. Truth is good players will make themselves what they are despite the obstacles. Kid could have played for anyone. VLC, ML, any team would have provided the same results. Kids make the club not the other way around. It does not seem like Madlax has changed. They still put 30 kids on youth roster. They still sell parents on the idea that only they can provide the ability to play in front of hundreds of coaches. As youth sports is now a business the competition is catching up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, forget the "bad" look and the threats. Maybe it was a bad time in his life five years ago. What has not changed is the ego and false belief that this program can make or break kids. According to his own words, he wanted to bad mouth this kid to future programs. The player in question is now at UVA despite the fact that the ML owner told the parents he messed up and would regret it. Truth is good players will make themselves what they are despite the obstacles. Kid could have played for anyone. VLC, ML, any team would have provided the same results. Kids make the club not the other way around. It does not seem like Madlax has changed. They still put 30 kids on youth roster. They still sell parents on the idea that only they can provide the ability to play in front of hundreds of coaches. As youth sports is now a business the competition is catching up.

I will not argue with the fact he has a ego. I will not argue that they feel they are the best option in the DMV to play travel lacrosse. But I like that about the club. They are always trying to make each team better. I also agree the players make the team and earn the D1 spots. But what can not agree with is when you say they say they are the only ones to get your kid in front of the coaches. They play in more tournaments at the highest level then any club in the DMV. Some could say they do to many tournaments, play too many games but they do what they say they offer. The most eyes from the best schools. Does VLC and Blackwolf put your kid in front of these same eyes? Yes they do but not the same about of times. As for the 30 kids on the roster I would say this is to deal with the amount of kids changing clubs every year. Madlax in my eyes does a great job of playing and picking the best players every year that show up for tryouts. This hurts peoples feelings. I was a starter last year now I am 5th attack. You will not last long at Madlax if you want to get your spot on the roster in 5th grade and just have it for the next 5 years like other clubs. These numbers force your son to earn his time and forces him to keep earning his time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Apologist,

We get that you are tilting at windmills. At least there are lot fewer of you now. The emails are not dead because he continues to act like a donk on and off the field. That is his character. You say that everyone has emails they would like to take back. Please produce emails from other clubs that exhibit similar ridiculous behavior. Who would even think of writing emails like that, let alone sending them?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Apologist,

We get that you are tilting at windmills. At least there are lot fewer of you now. The emails are not dead because he continues to act like a donk on and off the field. That is his character. You say that everyone has emails they would like to take back. Please produce emails from other clubs that exhibit similar ridiculous behavior. Who would even think of writing emails like that, let alone sending them?

Sorry your son got cut . Relax. Have him hit the wall and try harder next time. He may make MadLax one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Apologist,

Hello Madlax hater for life,
We understand you do not like CM or Madlax for your reasons. But your lifelong goal of publicly bashing this lacrosse club is just or more passionate then my love for this program. Every company that has been around 20 years will have a bad or bad days. But you can find a 3 to 1 ratio of people who are or were more then happy with their time at Madlax. I am guessing you have stock in VLC or BW if this is the case I guess I understand your passion to bash Madlax if not please move on to better thing to bash on line. ( Like the Orange President)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Apologist,

We understand you do not like CM or Madlax for your reasons. But your lifelong goal of publicly bashing this lacrosse club is just or more passionate then my love for this program. Every company that has been around 20 years will have a bad or bad days. But you can find a 3 to 1 ratio of people who are or were more then happy with their time at Madlax. I am guessing you have stock in VLC or BW if this is the case I guess I understand your passion to bash Madlax if not please move on to better thing to bash on line. ( Like the Orange President)

Seek help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Apologist,

1. You are very odd

2. Threatening one's own clients is not a "bad day". Can you name one business that threatens the clients who give that company the money to operate? And we're not even talking about the childish manner in which it operates.

3. Where do you get a 3:1 ratio of satisfied vs unsatisfied clients?

4. My son never played for Madlax but I have no "stock" in any other club

5. You pay money for your son to play for this maniac. You look the other way as long as it's not you. That says a lot about your character than mine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Wait, let me get this straight. You don't like the "Orange President" but are defending a guy who put really bad things in writing. You do realize the irony here, right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, let me get this straight. You don't like the "Orange President" but are defending a guy who put really bad things in writing. You do realize the irony here, right?[/quote]
Yes I do now that you pointed it out. But this is the owner of a travel lacrosse team not the leader of the free world. But back to CM, he is a very direct coach and says things the kids/parents do not want to hear about their own kids. But what he says when coaching is correct 99% of the time. He has taught my son more about the game then any other coach. And the college coaches tell my son he has a very high lacrosse IQ. So it surely work. And back to CM and this moral high ground we would like to take towards him. In a high school Head Coach setting I do and would hold my coaches to a very high standard. But in the travel setting they only spend time with the coach during practice, games and maybe 1 hour total between games. And when you talk to a Travel coach any other times not listed you are asking him a direct question about your play or a college option or coach. My overall point is, no travel coach is molding your son one way or other good or bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, let me get this straight. You don't like the "Orange President" but are defending a guy who put really bad things in writing. You do realize the irony here, right?

Yes I do now that you pointed it out. But this is the owner of a travel lacrosse team not the leader of the free world. But back to CM, he is a very direct coach and says things the kids/parents do not want to hear about their own kids. But what he says when coaching is correct 99% of the time. He has taught my son more about the game then any other coach. And the college coaches tell my son he has a very high lacrosse IQ. So it surely work. And back to CM and this moral high ground we would like to take towards him. In a high school Head Coach setting I do and would hold my coaches to a very high standard. But in the travel setting they only spend time with the coach during practice, games and maybe 1 hour total between games. And when you talk to a Travel coach any other times not listed you are asking him a direct question about your play or a college option or coach. My overall point is, no travel coach is molding your son one way or other good or bad. [/quote]
So, no travel coach is molding your son one way or the other good or bad, but you attribute your son's lacrosse IQ to this travel coach? As long as this man of questionable character limits his time with your son to a couple of hours a week, you're good with it? Interesting perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You complete ignore the point. He THREATENS people who dare decide that a different club is better for them. He has put in writing that he instructed his players to hurt a kid, and told the parents he would do anything he could to blackball their son.

You defend that?

He is a child. There are a lot of clubs now that offer a better experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think his actions have cost him with regard to depth on his rosters but not in his pocketbook. There just aren't enough choices inside the beltway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You complete ignore the point. He THREATENS people who dare decide that a different club is better for them. He has put in writing that he instructed his players to hurt a kid, and told the parents he would do anything he could to blackball their son.

You defend that?

Then shut the heck up about them and move the heck on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You defend that?

Then shut the heck up about them and move the heck on!

Although profoundly worse, is that what the victims of Larry Nassar should have done or the canadian junior hockey scandal or any number of abusive situations? He should remove himself from all sideline coaching. Maybe one day he'll end up like Giblin but not in the near future.

http://www.aappublications.org/news/2018/02/23/coaches022318

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again he has been on the sidelines for 20 years and has 4 kids now. Everyone on here knows how kids change you. He was in a fight with a guy he thought was his friend and felt stabbed him in the back. He messed up we all agree. But he never hit anyone and no one got hurt in the game or really any game. Heck most people complain that the Madlax kids are too soft and need to hit more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a donk on the sideline to this day and continues to email and denigrate families who leave. Try reading what other people have been posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a donk on the sideline to this day and continues to email and denigrate families who leave. Try reading what other people have been posting.

+1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1
I think his actions have cost him with regard to depth on his rosters but not in his pocketbook. There just aren't enough choices inside the beltway.

Depth is down. At his peak, he had a Capital team and tried to actually have a MD B team and a VA B team. Now he is struggling to field a B team and some of the B teams span multiple years now.

His greed knows no bounds. He even charges people hundreds of dollars to help with recruiting, something other clubs do for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

Depth is down. At his peak, he had a Capital team and tried to actually have a MD B team and a VA B team. Now he is struggling to field a B team and some of the B teams span multiple years now.

His greed knows no bounds. He even charges people hundreds of dollars to help with recruiting, something other clubs do for free.

I will give you they need to drop the DMV teams. But this is more because the total number of clubs has tripled more then anything they did or did not do. The Cap teams at all ages are good to great. This is all you can ask of a club. And if you are scared of a email asking why you left a club, life must be a scary place for you. And when you guys love to talk about cost, no one will ever break down the other top clubs fees and what you get for the fees. I have said this before if you are paying for travel lacrosse for any of these teams you are paying a lot of money and you a just looking for a way to bash Madlax if you are talking about $500 more for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

I will give you they need to drop the DMV teams. But this is more because the total number of clubs has tripled more then anything they did or did not do. The Cap teams at all ages are good to great. This is all you can ask of a club. And if you are scared of a email asking why you left a club, life must be a scary place for you. And when you guys love to talk about cost, no one will ever break down the other top clubs fees and what you get for the fees. I have said this before if you are paying for travel lacrosse for any of these teams you are paying a lot of money and you a just looking for a way to bash Madlax if you are talking about $500 more for Madlax.

DMV players pay the same as Capital players. However looking at the teams you are correct, most are combined age groups. I think the DMV team parents are leaving Madlax but they will hang on to those teams as long as they can. Revenue is revenue as long as they have a valid credit card at registration. I think kids on the DMV teams are better off playing rec anyway or find a club of equal talent as they seem to never move kids up to the capital teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

DMV players pay the same as Capital players. However looking at the teams you are correct, most are combined age groups. I think the DMV team parents are leaving Madlax but they will hang on to those teams as long as they can. Revenue is revenue as long as they have a valid credit card at registration. I think kids on the DMV teams are better off playing rec anyway or find a club of equal talent as they seem to never move kids up to the capital teams.

I would agree with most of this. I would argue that there have been several kids moved from DMV to Cap. But these kids only spent 1 season or 1 year on DMV teams. So my advice would be play a season or full year at DMV then find another club if you are not moved up to a Cap team. The advantage of playing DMV over some of these other Low A or B clubs is the amount of tournaments and the practice time with the Cap players. But the down side is the money you pay. Its more then these other A clubs. But I would argue the money is really not that much more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is a lot more than most except for 3d, which is falling apart. Nobody is scared of the email - they are repulsed by it. For every Madlax family willing to swallow their dignity pay that guy, there are 4 four families who will have nothing to do with him.

Reading your posts is like watching a documentary about Stockholm syndrome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is a lot more than most except for 3d, which is falling apart. Nobody is scared of the email - they are repulsed by it. For every Madlax family willing to swallow their dignity pay that guy, there are 4 four families who will have nothing to do with him.

Reading your posts is like watching a documentary about Stockholm syndrome.

Reading your post makes me wonder what happen in your life to make you think you need to save other full grown adults? Our boys are not playing for Satin. He might not be a Angel, but you trying to make playing for Madlax the same as joining a evil cult. So it is really hard for me not to respond to your over the top posts. And once again please list the total cost for VLC, BW, Next Level, and throw in some more if you like. Make sure you say how many practices and how many tournaments this cost gets you. But you will not or can not do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW and VLC are far less than Madlax. Not even close. And the recruiting success of all 3 is comparable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW and VLC are far less than Madlax. Not even close. And the recruiting success of all 3 is comparable.

OK sir please put a number down on paper for each club. Then say what you get for that money you spent. Number of practices and number of tournaments?
I would agree the number is less for these two clubs but what do you get for the money? What is the cost of one tournemant? My guess $250 to $400 so if one club plays in 4 and one club plays in 3 you have to agree you should be paying at least $300 more for the club that plays 4. How much $ value do you put on a practice. I would guess $30. So if one club has 10 more practices that club should cost $300 more correct? So my over reaching point is yes the total number is higher with Madlax but after you add these two factors into the math they are a on par with the others. And my other point if you are counting pennies and you want your son to play top level travel lacrosse you are in the wrong place. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To me, it’s less about the cost than what my son gets in return. I’d gladly pay more if the club actually kept the team at the smaller end and kept him engaged with plenty of practices and tournaments. Call me cynical but I think all the clubs generally benchmark each other on price and most of the differences result from discretionary variables such as how many kids the club wants per team, number of weekly practices, number of tournaments, etc. They’re all businesses folks - don’t be fooled that they’re more than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK sir please put a number down on paper for each club. Then say what you get for that money you spent. Number of practices and number of tournaments?
I would agree the number is less for these two clubs but what do you get for the money? What is the cost of one tournemant? My guess $250 to $400 so if one club plays in 4 and one club plays in 3 you have to agree you should be paying at least $300 more for the club that plays 4. How much $ value do you put on a practice. I would guess $30. So if one club has 10 more practices that club should cost $300 more correct? So my over reaching point is yes the total number is higher with Madlax but after you add these two factors into the math they are a on par with the others. And my other point if you are counting pennies and you want your son to play top level travel lacrosse you are in the wrong place. Sorry.

summer tourneys range from 1800 to 3000 per team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point about variables and benchmarking is fair. To the larger point, it’s worth it, with whatever team, if it helps your boy get better and he likes playing. Period. Mine does, and he doesn’t play for MLax. I do get the argument about DMV but again parents and kids can decide whether the value proposition is worth it (I know people on different sides of the divide). We play against ML Cap, kids are great, parents are nice, and I hear less yelling from the coaches box than this thread would suggest. Good program; they all have flaws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For youth lacrosse (fall, spring, summer) - it's about 2K less per kid annually than Madlax. The Madlax economics are hilariously beneficial to the owner (I don't think the coaches are getting rich) - BOTH high cost$ and high roster count$. Yes, the Capital teams are very good with 25+ players. While folks vote w/ their feet, I don't envy the DMV families who are getting fleeced as their players aren't getting good outcomes that good coaching and competition can provide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time posting here, it's about 2K less for youth players (fall, spring, summer) vs Madlax. 2 practices week, 3-4 fall tournys, 4 spring/summer tournys. Can you share how the reps Madlax players get in practice w/ 25+ kid rosters and how much game time they actually get (not counting the last 2 Madlax fall tourny's that were washed out playing on known crappy fields)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time posting here, it's about 2K less for youth players (fall, spring, summer) vs Madlax. 2 practices week, 3-4 fall tournys, 4 spring/summer tournys. Can you share how the reps Madlax players get in practice w/ 25+ kid rosters and how much game time they actually get (not counting the last 2 Madlax fall tourny's that were washed out playing on known crappy fields)

Once again you do not get to try and call out Madlax for what they give or do not give until you give another clubs details to this level you have on Madlax. Madlax has all the info on the website to be seen and read. Anyone who is surprised with any cost or amount of anything you are just to lazy to read the whole website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again you do not get to try and call out Madlax for what they give or do not give until you give another clubs details to this level you have on Madlax. Madlax has all the info on the website to be seen and read. Anyone who is surprised with any cost or amount of anything you are just to lazy to read the whole website.

Summer dues for MadLax for 2028/29 = $950
Summer dues for Next Level 2028/2029 = $400

The pricing difference is about the same as the years progress and NL practices once a week for 2 hours and participates in the same tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax charges a ton for teams with 26+ players, lousy coaching and an owner that will eventually threatens you. There's a reason why the club is losing players left and right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax charges a ton for teams with 26+ players, lousy coaching and an owner that will eventually threatens you. There's a reason why the club is losing players left and right.

Many Madlax parents, especially those spending over 30K on private school do not care about the cost. However, if you are a Madlax parent who does care about cost you really do not want to know what VLC and Blackwolf charge because it is a S-Ton less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many Madlax parents, especially those spending over 30K on private school do not care about the cost. However, if you are a Madlax parent who does care about cost you really do not want to know what VLC and Blackwolf charge because it is a S-Ton less.

SO lets stop talking in guess how much land. Please post what VLC cost for a year and what it gets you and what Blackwolf cost and for sure with these guys tell us what you get from them for your money. I have never once said Madlax is cheaper then the others my point has always been its not what you guys make it out to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SO lets stop talking in guess how much land. Please post what VLC cost for a year and what it gets you and what Blackwolf cost and for sure with these guys tell us what you get from them for your money. I have never once said Madlax is cheaper then the others my point has always been its not what you guys make it out to be.

This RN Madlax lover has been posting this same drivel for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter what it costs? The guy's a donkey and every parent has to justify their decision with their friends and family who care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This RN Madlax lover has been posting this same drivel for years.

I will keep posting as long as you guys keep going out of your way to bash a club the does way more good then harm. This area needs and will always have 3 top clubs to meet the needs of these players. Madlax has been and will be one of the top 3 for another 20 years. Most people hear all the misplaced anger and say lets check this club out. They read the website and see the players in college list and the train keeps moving along.

Like Reply Quote
Page 80 of 86 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard