BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There isn’t a huge difference when you are in 10th grade versus 12 grade so high school levels off but right now with 2024,2023 and 2022 (7-9th grade)there’s a huge difference in size and strength with puberty some kids hit it some kids didn’t so enjoy winning now with the hold backs high school will be bland when your little boy just blends and doesn’t have an advantage

Are we talking 10th grade hold back vs 12th grade on-age, then you are right? Are you talking 19 year old vs 17 year old, then you are closer. If you are talking on-age 18 vs 16 then the difference is getting bigger and bigger. It used to be scholarship programs in college would red-shirt an on age kid to get them more mature. Now, you don't hear that much about this practice because the really good kids have already done so by starting school late, held back or through gap year. The advantage really doesn't disappear until young men hit their 2nd year in college regardless of age. The older kids at a young age have a huge advantage in coordination and maturity and this advantage gets them more reps, looks and better test scores.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn’t a huge difference when you are in 10th grade versus 12 grade so high school levels off but right now with 2024,2023 and 2022 (7-9th grade)there’s a huge difference in size and strength with puberty some kids hit it some kids didn’t so enjoy winning now with the hold backs high school will be bland when your little boy just blends and doesn’t have an advantage

Are we talking 10th grade hold back vs 12th grade on-age, then you are right? Are you talking 19 year old vs 17 year old, then you are closer. If you are talking on-age 18 vs 16 then the difference is getting bigger and bigger. It used to be scholarship programs in college would red-shirt an on age kid to get them more mature. Now, you don't hear that much about this practice because the really good kids have already done so by starting school late, held back or through gap year. The advantage really doesn't disappear until young men hit their 2nd year in college regardless of age. The older kids at a young age have a huge advantage in coordination and maturity and this advantage gets them more reps, looks and better test scores.

This guy makes lots of good points. He did bring up something I never really thought about. If a kid does two years of 8th grade or two years of 9th grade depending on how he works the reclass system. This helps him in school also. If the kid is a good to above avg student and he reclasses his grades and SAT scores should go up a lot also. As a dad of a on age 2019 who will be playing college lacrosse next year a higher SAT score and a higher GPA would of saved me the cost of a full year of college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn. You people are exhausting. stink it up for two more years. Then your kid will be in high school. And guess what?! There is an even bigger age difference in high school, and your whining and crying will be laughed at even more so than it is on here, if thats even possible. So use the next two years as an advantage for your son if he is on age. He gets to play the next two years with the so called “cheaters” (which they aren’t because they aren’t breaking the rules), which means he will be even more prepared for high school ball. Now go have a drink and lighten up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been there done that. The holdback advantage is at its peak in Middle School. The difference between pre-puberty, puberty, and post puberty is ENORMOUS. It’s the difference between small children and “men”. The advantage is still very significant through sophomore year, although nowhere near the advantage it was in the middle school years. By Spring of their Junior year, is when it pretty much evens out. That’s why HS’s have freshman programs, junior varsity programs (sophomores) and varsity programs (juniors and seniors). Schools have always had guidelines based around ages (grade) of children, in order to avoid the holdback advantage scenario that is exploited by the “business of youth sports”, where profit takes presidency over all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have this great idea! I heard that some kids are a year older on some of the college teams. They do PG, red shirts, whatever. My kid really isn’t a good player so if I hold him back a year now and humiliate him in the process, he would play against smaller younger kids and while he still isn’t any good he can just use his size to run over people, in Middle School. Then a D1 coach will see him and definitely recruit him and give him a full scholarship, even though he is still a sucky C Team caliber player who can’t even play against kids his own age. Yeah! That’s a great idea! That’s my new plan!
~Every Travel Dad in MD, VA & DC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

You know exactly who that is.

Who's Sammy?

A bunch of the Madlax kids brag about it to the LI kids on social media. My kid told me ALL about it. Told me a whole bunch of their names, too. You Madlax daddy’s keep denying all of these holdbacks and I’ll post them all for you. I’m sure your kid is one of them. Should be a real hoot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

Who's Sammy?

A bunch of the Madlax kids brag about it to the LI kids on social media. My kid told me ALL about it. Told me a whole bunch of their names, too. You Madlax daddy’s keep denying all of these holdbacks and I’ll post them all for you. I’m sure your kid is one of them. Should be a real hoot!

There are no more ML holdbacks than any other class based team in the DC/Balt/Annap area. Post away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's Sammy?

Who's Sammy?

There are no more ML holdbacks than any other class based team in the DC/Balt/Annap area. Post away.

Stop. No 2024 team is better than Madlax. None. We DO NOT apologize for our team to anyone. We play within the rules. Holdbacks are a part of the game. A very important part. I don’t know how many holdbacks others have, but I can’t imagine anyone has more than us, because we play that game and every game better than everyone else. Stop denying it. Embrace it. It’s a strength. Not a weakness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

Of course he does.

Sammy Davis Jr the former " greatest living entertainer in the world " and one heck of a player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big one for sure. How tall are the mom and dad?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't throw all of us Madlax parents into the same boat, or assume that all purported Madlax posts are actual Madlax posts. My kid is friends with lots of the Taz kids and speaks highly of them. I have lots of respect for your team. Like you, I wish there was an age limit on club lacrosse. I think if you polled most Madlax parents, they would agree. I love it when Madlax plays Taz, and the other top LI teams. It is great to see the best play the best. I am not here to debate who on Madlax is on-age and not on-age. I think you would be surprised to learn that there is little correlation between age and size. Some of the bigger kids are younger, and smaller kids are older. Don't worry. If older kids are playing down, it will level out by high school and LI will get last laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

Who's Sammy?

Complete lie. Sad that dads have to resort to this over a kid's game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't throw all of us Madlax parents into the same boat, or assume that all purported Madlax posts are actual Madlax posts. My kid is friends with lots of the Taz kids and speaks highly of them. I have lots of respect for your team. Like you, I wish there was an age limit on club lacrosse. I think if you polled most Madlax parents, they would agree. I love it when Madlax plays Taz, and the other top LI teams. It is great to see the best play the best. I am not here to debate who on Madlax is on-age and not on-age. I think you would be surprised to learn that there is little correlation between age and size. Some of the bigger kids are younger, and smaller kids are older. Don't worry. If older kids are playing down, it will level out by high school and LI will get last laugh.

Then don't debate and just let the thread know how many are born prior to 9/1. And your post indicates you think kids born 10-22 months before those in the USL age guides are likely to be of equal size, strength and maturity. You are either unbelievably naive or so tainted by watching only older ML kids play against each other you have no idea of what is reality with children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. A classy Madlax parent. Seriously didn’t think one existed. Must be new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

Who's Sammy?

Complete lie. Sad that dads have to resort to this over a kid's game.

You either have no clue what your kid does or you are a liar. End the denials, or everyone will find out if your kid is one of the informants...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you say "it's great to see the best play the best", I assume you mean the best of Northern Virginia against the best of Long Island. Pretty bold and inaccurate statement if you are implying anything else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you say "it's great to see the best play the best", I assume you mean the best of Northern Virginia against the best of Long Island. Pretty bold and inaccurate statement if you are implying anything else

When I said "it is great to see the best play the best," I was referring to the kids themselves (figurative plural), not their respective teams.
Whether it is Taz attack, Express middie, Team 91 close, Team 91 MD LSM, Hawks lefty attack, or Bethesda goalie, it is great to see these young athletes compete. I have never been one for ranking club lacrosse teams. Two years from now, I expect my kid will be more concerned with whether he makes varsity as a freshman than how his 7th grade team did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I said "it is great to see the best play the best," I was referring to the kids themselves (figurative plural), not their respective teams.
Whether it is Taz attack, Express middie, Team 91 close, Team 91 MD LSM, Hawks lefty attack, or Bethesda goalie, it is great to see these young athletes compete. I have never been one for ranking club lacrosse teams. Two years from now, I expect my kid will be more concerned with whether he makes varsity as a freshman than how his 7th grade team did.

You get it. Wish more did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This link tells you all you need to know about Madlax...

https://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you Dads that are insulting kids on here for cheating really need to take a look at yourself. Are you acting off the field the way you want your son to act on the field. Take a moment and read this article: https://www.allprodad.com/confronting-crazy-sports-parents. Then try to act like an adult. One that won't embarrass your son or wife.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This poster has been banned

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you Dads that are insulting kids on here for cheating really need to take a look at yourself. Are you acting off the field the way you want your son to act on the field. Take a moment and read this article: https://www.allprodad.com/confronting-crazy-sports-parents. Then try to act like an adult. One that won't embarrass your son or wife.

This, from the the parent of one of the 35 holdbacks on the Madlax team. What are YOU teaching your son, you hipocrot?! Exploit the system and bend every possible rule because the end always justifies the means. You have your kid play youth sports, ya know... lacrosse for little kids, a year below, or even two years below his age just to give him an unfair advantage against other little boys. YOU are disgusting!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ONLY way Madlax has a chance of winning a single game against a 2024 LI team is by having a roster of 100% 2023 and 2022 age players.

So you brag about beating a team that is between one and two years younger than the Madlax team. You REALLY brag about that?!!

The parents, coaches and players of Madlax cheaters are a pathetic bunch of human vermine COWARDS.

Try playing ONE game on age. Just one. In 6 years, that team has NEVER played ONE on age game. Not a single one! Most teams I know play up for the challenge. Madlax ONLY PLAYS DOWN! What does that say about the organization, the coaches, the parents and the kids. It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about that sleezey organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, but we have a lot better 2023 teams on LI that we play. No need to drive all the way to MD to play REALLY BAD 2023’s and 2022’s, who try to disguise themselves as 2024’s.

Sorry, but your holdbacks are just not good players. The only way they can compete is against far younger teams.

We prefer to play top tier 2023’s. Not 2023’s who aren’t good enough to play on age.

Thanks for the invite though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This, from the the parent of one of the 35 holdbacks on the Madlax team. What are YOU teaching your son, you hipocrot?!

LOL. This sentence perfectly captures the Long Island parent. Uneducated, I-Roc drivining, leg-tat parent. The armpit of America.

"hipocrot". LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This, from the the parent of one of the 35 holdbacks on the Madlax team. What are YOU teaching your son, you hipocrot?!

LOL. This sentence perfectly captures the Long Island parent. Uneducated, I-Roc drivining, leg-tat parent. The armpit of America.

"hipocrot". LOL.

That’s all you got? I was expecting more spin and lies. Guess we are finally past all that. By the way. What you got against classic muscle cars of the 70’s? Wish I had an IROC. That was an awesome car. Prob worth a ton of $’s now. But seriously, you need some new material. You been using the exact same line for years now. Wasn’t clever then. Definitely not clever now. Just stale and notIntelligent. C’mon now, put a little effort in it !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t express beat madlax 2024 at NLF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"hipocrot". LOL.

Oh geez.... Now we have Biff acting like a tough guy. Get in your Prius and go eat some week old crab cakes. Oh and bring Buffy....she needs some sun after working long hours at Denny's down in B'more to support you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome use of the english language... no wonder you were a holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go find an on age team to play. I’m sure you can find another really bad 2022 team close by. When we play up, we like to play top 2023 teams, not pathetic 2022’s that aren’t good enough to play kids their own age. But, if you really have a hankering for an old fashion butt kicking, then get in your beat up Gremlin, and hit 95. We’d be happy to give you another beat down! It’ll be fun. Just like old times. Our little boys beating up on the older bully’s! Again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they sure did. That was the big reason they revamp the team. and brought in new holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“...only about 50% holdbacks.” OMG!! LMAO!! There is apparently still one lone Madlax parent selling that lie! Wake up, DC (CA) donkey! Where you been?! The lie is long over! All Madlax parents have FINALLY come clean and admit the team is 100% holdbacks! They don’t just admit it, they brag about it! They’re darn Proud of it! Get with the program donkey!! Where you been, living under a rock!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course! Heard Madlax is reclassifying again. Since it’s not working out for them, their crazy coach is playing only 2025’s from now on. Totally understandable. So long Madlax parents. Enjoy the ‘25 thread. Come back and visit some time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"hipocrot". LOL.

Oh geez.... Now we have Biff acting like a tough guy. Get in your Prius and go eat some week old crab cakes. Oh and bring Buffy....she needs some sun after working long hours at Denny's down in B'more to support you.

Correction. Heard she’s back at the Waffle House again. Tips were better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silver Spring and Cannons undefeated in MMILL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I see it: if your kid is playing HoCo elite, and he is a holdback, he is on-age.
If he is playing HoCo elite, and he is on-age, then he is playing up.
If he is playing HoCo AA, and he is a holdback, then you are a lost.
If he is on-age and you don't like him playing holdbacks, find an AA team and shut your trap.

Take this drama to the Hold back Forum.

There’s a holdback forum? Fun! Where? I want to read all the justifications.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I see it: if your kid is playing HoCo elite, and he is a holdback, he is on-age.
If he is on-age and you don't like him playing holdbacks, find an AA team and shut your trap.

Holdbacks dont go there. Cant justify letting specific kids get an advantage others dont .. Common sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have the solution! No need for a hold back forum. From now on, all of the MD DC holdback teams use the ‘23 board, and the ‘24 teams, that actually have ‘24 players, stay on the ‘24 thread! Makes total sense!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have the solution! No need for a hold back forum. From now on, all of the MD DC holdback teams use the ‘23 board, and the ‘24 teams, that actually have ‘24 players, stay on the ‘24 thread! Makes total sense!!

Take it to the Madlax forum, and dont lump other MD clubs in with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it to the Madlax forum, and dont lump other MD clubs in with them.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to be categorized with Madlax, the ultimate in cheating vermine teams in youth sports. However, are the rest of the better MD teams much different? I admit they are classier teams, and parents, but do they really have less cheating holdbacks than Madlax? Maybe they do, considering Madlax is almost entirely holdbacks. But if your MD team is 50% holdbacks, and only that 50% of the players see the field in close games, are you that much different??

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard