Downstate Individual Showcase is listed in the Forums Section | Less Than 1 Month Away from the K-3 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 11:52 PM
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 11:31 PM
Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 11:19 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 10:10 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 09:24 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 08:53 PM
CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
by Anonymous. 03/20/19 08:33 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics1,629
Posts244,420
Members2,069
Most Online5,209
Aug 23rd, 2018
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 68 1 2 64 65 66 67 68
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #278988
01/11/19 11:26 AM
01/11/19 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know how the 91 Commack facilities are? I was thinking of sending my son to some of the clinics there.

It is off the Wicks Rd Exit on 495--- 71 Mall Drive I believe. Its the Dynamic Sports Facility..

Due yourself a favor, buy a bucket of balls, grab you son, go to your local H.S. field to practice. Afterwards, go grab a bite to eat.

I'd rather have an indoor practice for my son in the winter. Is the 91 clinic any good?

I love the indoor clinics for 91. They have the boys moving non-stop for a solid hour. Super high rep drills and the kids come out sweating and happy. It's my first year with the club, but I think it's great and my son enjoys it. To the guy that said to grab a bucket of balls and go to the HS field, you are off base. My kid loves being warm, for starters, but he also likes spending the time with his new friends and teammates. Plus, there's no ball chasing or down time like there would be at the field with just me. And afterwards, we go get a bite to eat! Lol!

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279012
01/11/19 05:55 PM
01/11/19 05:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know how the 91 Commack facilities are? I was thinking of sending my son to some of the clinics there.

It is off the Wicks Rd Exit on 495--- 71 Mall Drive I believe. Its the Dynamic Sports Facility..

Due yourself a favor, buy a bucket of balls, grab you son, go to your local H.S. field to practice. Afterwards, go grab a bite to eat.

I'd rather have an indoor practice for my son in the winter. Is the 91 clinic any good?

I love the indoor clinics for 91. They have the boys moving non-stop for a solid hour. Super high rep drills and the kids come out sweating and happy. It's my first year with the club, but I think it's great and my son enjoys it. To the guy that said to grab a bucket of balls and go to the HS field, you are off base. My kid loves being warm, for starters, but he also likes spending the time with his new friends and teammates. Plus, there's no ball chasing or down time like there would be at the field with just me. And afterwards, we go get a bite to eat! Lol!

Sounds like an expensive play date. Chasing balls is a motivation to shoot and score, not to miss. Then there would be no ball chasing.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279025
01/12/19 09:38 AM
01/12/19 09:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aside from the poles that shorten the field, and the outdated soundtrack - there is no way your son can spend 60 minutes there and not improve. I doubt there’s a better, more engaged training staff anywhere.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279036
01/12/19 08:06 PM
01/12/19 08:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aside from the poles that shorten the field, and the outdated soundtrack - there is no way your son can spend 60 minutes there and not improve. I doubt there’s a better, more engaged training staff anywhere.

Thanks for the unbiased review, Brian.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279045
01/13/19 06:00 AM
01/13/19 06:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a sales pitch by a 91 staff member. All hype!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279079
01/14/19 08:06 AM
01/14/19 08:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it funny that a parent asks a question to help him make an informed decision about helping his son and when people who have been there answer honestly and positively (because the training is excellent and intense) they are combatted by other bitter parents who have absolutely zero experience with the subject. Let me think... working with bitter dad in a cold field chasing balls (and not learning the aforementioned life lessons, that’s dumb) or spending time with his teammates, working on numerous drills and being instructed by legit lacrosse professionals?? I’m going with the latter being the more positive experience. And as far as it being a money grab, it’s included in tuition.

To answer the question for the original parent; the training is outstanding. If you’re looking for a ton of touches and nonstop training, it’s well worth your time.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279097
01/14/19 11:15 AM
01/14/19 11:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it funny that a parent asks a question to help him make an informed decision about helping his son and when people who have been there answer honestly and positively (because the training is excellent and intense) they are combatted by other bitter parents who have absolutely zero experience with the subject. Let me think... working with bitter dad in a cold field chasing balls (and not learning the aforementioned life lessons, that’s dumb) or spending time with his teammates, working on numerous drills and being instructed by legit lacrosse professionals?? I’m going with the latter being the more positive experience. And as far as it being a money grab, it’s included in tuition.

To answer the question for the original parent; the training is outstanding. If you’re looking for a ton of touches and nonstop training, it’s well worth your time.

My son is not on 91, but I saw that there is a weekly shooting clinic for an annual fee. Is this the same time slot that the 91 team practices at? If not, are there enough touches for 1hour? I am not looking for a crowded clinic. Thanks for your help.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279138
01/14/19 09:35 PM
01/14/19 09:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is not on 91, but I saw that there is a weekly shooting clinic for an annual fee. Is this the same time slot that the 91 team practices at? If not, are there enough touches for 1hour? I am not looking for a crowded clinic. Thanks for your help.

That is a different practice time.. If it is anything like the training, it should be tons of touches and top notch..

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279148
01/15/19 04:47 AM
01/15/19 04:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What day is the clinic and what age groups? The only clinic I see on the DLT website is the players club. It sounded promising, but when I checked it out, it was about 4-5 kids in 3rd/4th grade. Please let me know as I am interested.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279417
01/22/19 02:27 PM
01/22/19 02:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Box tournament last weekend leads me into this question. Any other local box tournaments around? I know about Philly.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279428
01/22/19 05:00 PM
01/22/19 05:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Box tournament last weekend leads me into this question. Any other local box tournaments around? I know about Philly.

I didn't know there are any box tournaments on Long Island. Where was it played at?
Who won? Who looked good and who didn't?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279431
01/22/19 05:18 PM
01/22/19 05:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there is one at Island Box in Bethpage in Feb.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279438
01/22/19 09:57 PM
01/22/19 09:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't know there are any box tournaments on Long Island. Where was it played at?

Express played great and Rebels (Outlaws) did not belong in the tournament.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279444
01/23/19 08:47 AM
01/23/19 08:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express played great and Rebels (Outlaws) did not belong in the tournament. [/quote]

Still railing against the Outlaws? You should move on, everybody else has....

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279446
01/23/19 09:51 AM
01/23/19 09:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express played great and Rebels (Outlaws) did not belong in the tournament.

First off every goalie was lights out and had to be a little crazy from all the one on one shots.
Secondly NOTB and the Warriors seemed to have more knowledge about the game and its rules than everyone else. Especially the shot clock and how to use it. NOTB was just kids that signed up for the NOTB winter box training. I think this tournament was just part of that training and they wanted to scrimmage other teams. Warriors just didn’t seem to have the size to compete against the Island Box team (Igloo A) and NOTB kids being a mixed group was at a disadvantage. However both of those teams had a decent showing for sure. Island Box lost to Express in the ship. That game got chippy right away. Every game O saw was exciting and the boys seemed to be having fun. It was posted on tourney machine.

Reply Quote
Page 66 of 68 1 2 64 65 66 67 68
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification