The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 09:14 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 09:00 AM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 10:25 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 08:50 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 07:02 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,766
Posts255,127
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 76 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 75 76
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #278986
01/11/19 10:49 AM
01/11/19 10:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Garden City might be one of the only true town teams who play with kids that dont play club. So if the Garden City kid chooses to play club he doesnt play with their Town Club team. Dont think some of the other Roar rockville centre put that restriction on their town teams,
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes there are some strong town teams but that is because they are playing with the players from the clubs. If you put rockville centre against express but the rockville centre kids who are on express play with express, its not even close.

Sachem is an ok team, but take away all their players that are playing club and they become ordinary. If you want to call yourself a town team your kids should not be on clubs also. its misleading.

ON LONG ISLAND....AFTER EXSPRESS/91/IGLOO I THINK SOME TOWN TEAMS BEAT THE REST OF THE TRAVEL TEAMS / GIVEN THERE ARE SOME CLUB KIDS ON TOWN TEAMS ,,,CSH ROAR /ROCKVILLE CENTRE/WANTAGH/SACHEM/

“If you want to call yourself a town team your kids should not be on clubs also.”

Apparently, people are saying who should and should not play on town teams.

I think we can all agree that a kid not on a town team roster should not be brought in as a “ringer”. But I’m not sure that is what is being said here.

Club kids should of course play with their town teams.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279000
01/11/19 02:01 PM
01/11/19 02:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

think the conversation was about wasting money on B/C level club lax when people are ignoring the importance of home town PAL lax , years ago there was 1 maybe 2 elite clubs and if you didnt make it , there was no B TEAM or some other crap travel team. My dad and mom were ok saying you didnt make it , practice harder with your PAL team and we try again next year !!! Some smart business men said lets develop a team of kids who cant catch and throw and call it CLUB LAX???? seriously .. my kid who only plays town/pal ball , tried out for 91 and didnt make it ...ok,,,so instead so i dont hurt his feelings i am going to waste 3 grand paying for a college kid who he doesnt know and kids he doesnt know and say my son plays club....hahahahaha ..sorry ..enjoy letting your son/daughter play with there friends at home ...ot FORT NITE ..ITS OK NOT BEING AN ATHLETE ..take a look at the dads on LEGACY sideline ,lol,,,apple doesnt fall far from tree ,,save your money,,play wall ball,,go to DISNEY with family

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279010
01/11/19 05:19 PM
01/11/19 05:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK so your son did not make team 91. And you continue to have him play in the town PAL league. thats great. But If he finds a club to work with why is that so terrible. When you say town Spring PAL, that only goes from late march to June. What if you want him to play a little more in the summer, or play in some fall tournaments etc???? I dont know whats wrong with finding a club and dont know why anyone would bash any people for getting teams together and teaching kids how to play lacrosse. Now if you have an issue with particular clubs, and dont feel that they are providing what you think they should for the price, then you need to explore other clubs. Tru Blue is not 3 K. The knights are not 3k, I heard Long Island Lacrosse Club is less then 1500. If your town is offering lacrosse in the fall and winter that is a good option as well, but not every town is doing that.

think the conversation was about wasting money on B/C level club lax when people are ignoring the importance of home town PAL lax , years ago there was 1 maybe 2 elite clubs and if you didnt make it , there was no B TEAM or some other crap travel team. My dad and mom were ok saying you didnt make it , practice harder with your PAL team and we try again next year !!! Some smart business men said lets develop a team of kids who cant catch and throw and call it CLUB LAX???? seriously .. my kid who only plays town/pal ball , tried out for 91 and didnt make it ...ok,,,so instead so i dont hurt his feelings i am going to waste 3 grand paying for a college kid who he doesnt know and kids he doesnt know and say my son plays club....hahahahaha ..sorry ..enjoy letting your son/daughter play with there friends at home ...ot FORT NITE ..ITS OK NOT BEING AN ATHLETE ..take a look at the dads on LEGACY sideline ,lol,,,apple doesnt fall far from tree ,,save your money,,play wall ball,,go to DISNEY with family

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279052
01/13/19 04:20 PM
01/13/19 04:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy EELS have a losing record last yr and this yr just facts .

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279060
01/13/19 07:28 PM
01/13/19 07:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK so your son did not make team 91. And you continue to have him play in the town PAL league. thats great. But If he finds a club to work with why is that so terrible. When you say town Spring PAL, that only goes from late march to June. What if you want him to play a little more in the summer, or play in some fall tournaments etc???? I dont know whats wrong with finding a club and dont know why anyone would bash any people for getting teams together and teaching kids how to play lacrosse. Now if you have an issue with particular clubs, and dont feel that they are providing what you think they should for the price, then you need to explore other clubs. Tru Blue is not 3 K. The knights are not 3k, I heard Long Island Lacrosse Club is less then 1500. If your town is offering lacrosse in the fall and winter that is a good option as well, but not every town is doing that.

I think most people prefer their kids not play Fortnite!! Disney, really???

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279089
01/14/19 10:21 AM
01/14/19 10:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Parent here.... Igloo will be better this year, 91 always puts good product out. Legacy will compete. Watching them play box with Express every week. They upgraded quite a bit. Fall ball means nothing. The best teams will rise in the BIG tournaments. 2026 age eligible for NLF Championship this year, Naptown will be big, Tri Star usually has good draw. Hopefully Igloo and Legacy get into bigger tournaments similar to NLF. I get the club politics, but playing teams like Laxaxhussetts, Annapolis Hawks, Bethesda... will show teams where they stand.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279115
01/14/19 05:43 PM
01/14/19 05:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question wasn't playing the teams out of the area. the question was for clubs on long island.

these out of state teams many play by different rules with the reclass and stuff,,

Express Parent here.... Igloo will be better this year, 91 always puts good product out. Legacy will compete. Watching them play box with Express every week. They upgraded quite a bit. Fall ball means nothing. The best teams will rise in the BIG tournaments. 2026 age eligible for NLF Championship this year, Naptown will be big, Tri Star usually has good draw. Hopefully Igloo and Legacy get into bigger tournaments similar to NLF. I get the club politics, but playing teams like Laxaxhussetts, Annapolis Hawks, Bethesda... will show teams where they stand.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279126
01/14/19 07:28 PM
01/14/19 07:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question wasn't playing the teams out of the area. the question was for clubs on long island.

these out of state teams many play by different rules with the reclass and stuff,,

Keeping to the 4 in discussion here are my thoughts:

Three years ago...2016: (1) Igloo, (2) Legacy, (3) 91, (4) Express
Two Years ago.....2017: (1) 91, (2) Igloo, (3) Express, (4) Legacy
Last year..............2018: (1) Express (2) 91, (3) Igloo, (4) Legacy
This year............. 2019 (1/2) Will be battled out between Express, 91, and Igloo. Legacy will show drastic improvement after rebuilding last year.

There is no overly dominant team at this age. There are the top 3 (maybe 4) then everyone else. CSH Roar, RVC Futures town teams (who have many kids on all of the above are by far the best town programs I have seen)

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279153
01/15/19 10:01 AM
01/15/19 10:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keeping to the 4 in discussion here are my thoughts:

Three years ago...2016: (1) Igloo, (2) Legacy, (3) 91, (4) Express
Two Years ago.....2017: (1) 91, (2) Igloo, (3) Express, (4) Legacy
Last year..............2018: (1) Express (2) 91, (3) Igloo, (4) Legacy
This year............. 2019 (1/2) Will be battled out between Express, 91, and Igloo. Legacy will show drastic improvement after rebuilding last year.

There is no overly dominant team at this age. There are the top 3 (maybe 4) then everyone else. CSH Roar, RVC Futures town teams (who have many kids on all of the above are by far the best town programs I have seen)

These posts are by far the most sensible here. Those are the top 4 teams on LI, and no other club team is even close. I would argue the order of the top 3, but any of them could beat the other on any given day. All very talented clubs.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279163
01/15/19 11:51 AM
01/15/19 11:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think everyone agrees those are the top three. I still think there’s a big drop off after those three. I include legacy in that dropoff. Legacy is a nice program. But their team at this age group isn’t in the same league as those three

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279168
01/15/19 12:35 PM
01/15/19 12:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not agree more, why we keep talking about Legacy is crazy ,,2024 Tazz is Legit ..i dont know another age group where they are even in the conversation , the 2027 91 team would beat them badly ,,come on guys ...they had a GROUPON or tryouts last year ??? seriously ..

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279171
01/15/19 01:52 PM
01/15/19 01:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not agree more, why we keep talking about Legacy is crazy ,,2024 Tazz is Legit ..i dont know another age group where they are even in the conversation , the 2027 91 team would beat them badly ,,come on guys ...they had a GROUPON or tryouts last year ??? seriously ..

that's where you are wrong. legacy won the world series of lacrosse a few years ago, they have some good up and coming teams . The club is also more of a tight knitt family. Great training and good connections for your kids. do not listen to the hype of parents from 91 , playing for them is like buying good year tires. You pay for the name . You have to see the forrest through the trees.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279177
01/15/19 03:23 PM
01/15/19 03:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its funny how everyone keeps talking over the same thing over and over and over again. The top 3 are the top 3, I dont think anyone is disputing that, and you can choose who you may think is 1,2,3 but they are all in there, I personally think it is 91, igloo then express. But the question is who is next, not to belittle anyone, where does moose lax, legacy, shore 2 shore, outlaws, empire and others fit? How do they stack up and are there others that I am not mentioning????

that's where you are wrong. legacy won the world series of lacrosse a few years ago, they have some good up and coming teams . The club is also more of a tight knitt family. Great training and good connections for your kids. do not listen to the hype of parents from 91 , playing for them is like buying good year tires. You pay for the name . You have to see the forrest through the trees.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279203
01/15/19 09:36 PM
01/15/19 09:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so its fair to say the delusional Legacy parent must be from Farmingdale , Igloo B TEAM would give Legacy a run ,,,,and putting Farmingdale up there with RVC/CSH/SACHEM is a joke...Farmingdale best players all play for Legacy ,,,do the math ...Enjoy it yes ...they are kids ,,its a GAME...enjoy it . i hope you let your kids just enjoy youth sports ..dont live through your kids because you never played a sport in your life !!

In My Opinion- the best Farmingdale 2026 players are on Shore2Shore, not Legacy. In fact, a couple Farmingdale players who didn’t even make the 2026 Shore2Shore “A” team, were picked up by Legacy Eels.. no opinion here on how good Legacy Eels will be, but Farmingdale had one very good PAL team and one weak PAL team.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #279209
01/16/19 03:21 AM
01/16/19 03:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there any talk of Nassau PAL and Suffolk PAL doing anything together? A tournament or all-star game vs. each other? The All-star thing would be tough because you'd have a coaches kid vs. coaches kid game but why not a cross county town tournament?

The club tournaments outside of the 4 team "A" brackets are town kids playing with kids from another town competing against true town teams (and losing). Why not just get the best town teams playing against each other? We would 100% see better competition overall and get more L.I. kids involved.

Too many of the flyby-night clubs travel off L.I. or play meaningless competition and who does that help and what cost does that add to the already high cost of lacrosse?

If anyone on here has sway with that you'd do more for our kids then arguing about Legacy. JMHO

Page 30 of 76 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 75 76