BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why never the talk of D2. [/quote]

Not enough teams, for the most part the schools don't have a great academic reputation and the lacrosse is worse than top 20 D3...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous

the lacrosse network in Manhattan is ridiculous on wall street - every year intern classes and training programs are littered with college lax players, traders, sales people etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a fact, although I'm not in finance my cousin is and he says every year a new crop of interns and new hires are former Lax players. He always jokes and says playing Lax is a great for your resume in the finance world. I'm not saying this applies in all cases but Alumni take care of there own.

Attending college and playing lacrosse for D1 or D3 demonstrates character and commitment. While getting a college degree doesn't guarantee success as a professional it does improve the chances. Playing lacrosse demonstrates to a prospective employer you are willing to work hard and sacrifice in order to be successful. Don't under-estimate the power of the lacrosse community. So much more powerful than just a degree from a school or even belonging to a fraternity where you only really hang out with the kids you went to school with. Lacrosse players, whether past or present, have a mutual respect for one another.

why never the talk of D2.

D2 is a bust. Look at Dowling. What a disaster!

Idiotic post. Their problems had nothing to do with D2 lacrosse. In fact, lacrosse was one of the few things that school did well.

Putting the cart before the horse, that is the problem with all the madness within this dead end sport.

Dead end sport?? You obviously have never played the game. People play this sport for the love of the game. For most people that have both played and are playing now, its one of the very few true passions in life. As a player, you are a memember of a small, but very loyal fraternity, for life. That’s a “dead end” to you?? You think that 💰💰💰 are the only measure of value In life? It’s prob the worst measure of value in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why never the talk of D2.

Not enough teams, for the most part the schools don't have a great academic reputation and the lacrosse is worse than top 20 D3...[/quote]

And there you have it.......the stupidest post this year. Took awhile but this stunad has taken the title.

Since BOTC is FACT based......sorta....please back up your notIntelligent comment with some facts..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Holidays to everyone! New Year coming.. lets make BOTC a kindler gentler forum...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I noticed with my son who is a 2022 is after the WSYL people care considerably less about who the "best teams are and start to focus more on recruiting events and HS ball

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I noticed with my son who is a 2022 is after the WSYL people care considerably less about who the "best teams are and start to focus more on recruiting events and HS ball

So, I ask you; In the grand scheme of things, other than "it was a great experience" did it really matter? In my opinion, great experience, but couldn't wait to get back home on last day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, I ask you; In the grand scheme of things, other than "it was a great experience" did it really matter? In my opinion, great experience, but couldn't wait to get back home on last day.

I’ll answer that with a question. Did your sons team make the championship game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll answer that with a question. Did your sons team make the championship game?

No, and you're missing my point. Even if his team did make it to the finals, I would feel the same way. As I said, it was a great experience for our family. Would preferred to be out on the boat that holiday week. To each is own...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the 91 Commack facilities are? I was thinking of sending my son to some of the clinics there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the 91 Commack facilities are? I was thinking of sending my son to some of the clinics there.

It is off the Wicks Rd Exit on 495--- 71 Mall Drive I believe. Its the Dynamic Sports Facility..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is off the Wicks Rd Exit on 495--- 71 Mall Drive I believe. Its the Dynamic Sports Facility..

Due yourself a favor, buy a bucket of balls, grab you son, go to your local H.S. field to practice. Afterwards, go grab a bite to eat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Due yourself a favor, buy a bucket of balls, grab you son, go to your local H.S. field to practice. Afterwards, go grab a bite to eat.

Not everyone can teach their kids how to play.. The wall and cage are a must, but game theory is needed too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Haugen and Hedstrom still the top two teams for Express? Heard karwoski was coaching a team for 2023.

does anyone know what is happening for the 2023 express teams?

A team bringing in a lot of kids and will win exactly same amount of games as last year.
B team had good kids but they all left and coaching abismal.
C team gone

Haugen is A team. Is Hedstrom still B and Karwoski still C team? Saw them practice, both teams looks good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not everyone can teach their kids how to play.. The wall and cage are a must, but game theory is needed too.

Well, if your local H.S. is without a wall and cage, I guess you need to bring your son to Dynamic Sport. Especially for the theory aspect of the game. Be careful of the steel beams situated within the field area. I think it was used as factory or warehouse some time ago. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd rather have an indoor practice for my son in the winter. Is the 91 clinic any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd rather have an indoor practice for my son in the winter. Is the 91 clinic any good?

I love the indoor clinics for 91. They have the boys moving non-stop for a solid hour. Super high rep drills and the kids come out sweating and happy. It's my first year with the club, but I think it's great and my son enjoys it. To the guy that said to grab a bucket of balls and go to the HS field, you are off base. My kid loves being warm, for starters, but he also likes spending the time with his new friends and teammates. Plus, there's no ball chasing or down time like there would be at the field with just me. And afterwards, we go get a bite to eat! Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love the indoor clinics for 91. They have the boys moving non-stop for a solid hour. Super high rep drills and the kids come out sweating and happy. It's my first year with the club, but I think it's great and my son enjoys it. To the guy that said to grab a bucket of balls and go to the HS field, you are off base. My kid loves being warm, for starters, but he also likes spending the time with his new friends and teammates. Plus, there's no ball chasing or down time like there would be at the field with just me. And afterwards, we go get a bite to eat! Lol!

Sounds like an expensive play date. Chasing balls is a motivation to shoot and score, not to miss. Then there would be no ball chasing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the poles that shorten the field, and the outdated soundtrack - there is no way your son can spend 60 minutes there and not improve. I doubt there’s a better, more engaged training staff anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the poles that shorten the field, and the outdated soundtrack - there is no way your son can spend 60 minutes there and not improve. I doubt there’s a better, more engaged training staff anywhere.

Thanks for the unbiased review, Brian.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a sales pitch by a 91 staff member. All hype!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it funny that a parent asks a question to help him make an informed decision about helping his son and when people who have been there answer honestly and positively (because the training is excellent and intense) they are combatted by other bitter parents who have absolutely zero experience with the subject. Let me think... working with bitter dad in a cold field chasing balls (and not learning the aforementioned life lessons, that’s dumb) or spending time with his teammates, working on numerous drills and being instructed by legit lacrosse professionals?? I’m going with the latter being the more positive experience. And as far as it being a money grab, it’s included in tuition.

To answer the question for the original parent; the training is outstanding. If you’re looking for a ton of touches and nonstop training, it’s well worth your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it funny that a parent asks a question to help him make an informed decision about helping his son and when people who have been there answer honestly and positively (because the training is excellent and intense) they are combatted by other bitter parents who have absolutely zero experience with the subject. Let me think... working with bitter dad in a cold field chasing balls (and not learning the aforementioned life lessons, that’s dumb) or spending time with his teammates, working on numerous drills and being instructed by legit lacrosse professionals?? I’m going with the latter being the more positive experience. And as far as it being a money grab, it’s included in tuition.

To answer the question for the original parent; the training is outstanding. If you’re looking for a ton of touches and nonstop training, it’s well worth your time.

My son is not on 91, but I saw that there is a weekly shooting clinic for an annual fee. Is this the same time slot that the 91 team practices at? If not, are there enough touches for 1hour? I am not looking for a crowded clinic. Thanks for your help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is not on 91, but I saw that there is a weekly shooting clinic for an annual fee. Is this the same time slot that the 91 team practices at? If not, are there enough touches for 1hour? I am not looking for a crowded clinic. Thanks for your help.

That is a different practice time.. If it is anything like the training, it should be tons of touches and top notch..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What day is the clinic and what age groups? The only clinic I see on the DLT website is the players club. It sounded promising, but when I checked it out, it was about 4-5 kids in 3rd/4th grade. Please let me know as I am interested.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Box tournament last weekend leads me into this question. Any other local box tournaments around? I know about Philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Box tournament last weekend leads me into this question. Any other local box tournaments around? I know about Philly.

I didn't know there are any box tournaments on Long Island. Where was it played at?
Who won? Who looked good and who didn't?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is one at Island Box in Bethpage in Feb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't know there are any box tournaments on Long Island. Where was it played at?

Express played great and Rebels (Outlaws) did not belong in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express played great and Rebels (Outlaws) did not belong in the tournament. [/quote]

Still railing against the Outlaws? You should move on, everybody else has....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off every goalie was lights out and had to be a little crazy from all the one on one shots.
Secondly NOTB and the Warriors seemed to have more knowledge about the game and its rules than everyone else. Especially the shot clock and how to use it. NOTB was just kids that signed up for the NOTB winter box training. I think this tournament was just part of that training and they wanted to scrimmage other teams. Warriors just didn’t seem to have the size to compete against the Island Box team (Igloo A) and NOTB kids being a mixed group was at a disadvantage. However both of those teams had a decent showing for sure. Island Box lost to Express in the ship. That game got chippy right away. Every game O saw was exciting and the boys seemed to be having fun. It was posted on tourney machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still railing against the Outlaws? You should move on, everybody else has....[/quote]

I guess a tiger can't change his stripes. (tats)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still railing against the Outlaws? You should move on, everybody else has....[/quote]

FLG was at that tournament , how did they do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG was at that tournament , how did they do?[/quote]

It was a 22/23 combo team. They were big, physical and played with good skill; however, box is a different game than field and they were not too familiar with the nuances of the indoor game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't handle the truth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't handle the truth?[/quote]

Truth we can handle, what’s hard to handle is your disturbingly twisted obsession with 8th grade boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't handle the truth?

Truth we can handle, what’s hard to handle is your disturbingly twisted obsession with 8th grade boys.
[/quote]

I saw the game. They weren't that good. No obsession needed. You sound angry that they got destroyed. It's not my kids fault his team was one of them that had a spanking on yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not my kids fault his team was one of them that had a spanking on yours.[/quote]

No anger here, just a headache after reading that response. Is that even English? Maybe Jr. should spend less time on Haugen’s bench and more time working on grammar: he’ll need it for his Nassau Community application.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the World Series is done... No one cares about this age group until recruiting starts.. all quiet on the 8th grade front...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the World Series is done... No one cares about this age group until recruiting starts.. all quiet on the 8th grade front...

That's how it goes. A lot of good talent went to other teams to get more playing time, or couldn't stand the coaches or parents. The boys will be playing more with their town teams and working hard for varsity in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you miss all of the animosity and drama , you can check out the 2024 page.

Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard