BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're sooooooooo wrong. Its a huge advantage and don't give me your BS about HS. Its youth lacrosse. the reason they had U9 U11 U13 is they didn't have enough players for single year teams. They do now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am tired of all this holdback jealously too. As long as it is in the rules , stop moaning. Tell your boy to hit the wall.
If he plays against my son he will get better. One to two years older isnt that much. So much moaning about playing against older players. Why? Lacrosse is the only sport that gets it right with grade based teams, all the rest with their age based teams are so behind

So by your own admission, you are impeding your son's development by having him play against younger kids. He should, you say, be playing up a year (or at least "on age") so he will get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am tired of all this holdback jealously too. As long as it is in the rules , stop moaning. Tell your boy to hit the wall.
If he plays against my son he will get better. One to two years older isnt that much. So much moaning about playing against older players. Why? Lacrosse is the only sport that gets it right with grade based teams, all the rest with their age based teams are so behind

So by your own admission, you are impeding your son's development by having him play against younger kids. He should, you say, be playing up a year (or at least "on age") so he will get better.

No, I am one of those do as i say,,,not as I do..Hard to compete against older players in youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when HoCo divisions will be set and disclosed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not until a few weeks prior. They are still taking registrations. There will not be much changing as this is the last season for this age group. Elite will be same, AA Breakers will move up ML Capital is out DC D takes over for Club Blue and will play Hawks in final after a complaint filled cheating ref game over Crabs with holdbacks. 91 gets first ever win over DCE. FCA and Looney's tie twice, and a few dozen post are made about kids driving themselves home from games. In addition, there will be a few more telling us we are notIntelligent for caring as in HS it does not matter.
That about sum it up for you?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

mid march

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not until a few weeks prior. They are still taking registrations. There will not be much changing as this is the last season for this age group. Elite will be same, AA Breakers will move up ML Capital is out DC D takes over for Club Blue and will play Hawks in final after a complaint filled cheating ref game over Crabs with holdbacks. 91 gets first ever win over DCE. FCA and Looney's tie twice, and a few dozen post are made about kids driving themselves home from games. In addition, there will be a few more telling us we are notIntelligent for caring as in HS it does not matter.

One more Grasshopper. Two years from now you will be a wiser person. Enjoy the moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark Millon will make a cameo on the sidelines and get kicked out of another game, making him the first coach to ever be kicked out of games in 3 age groups. 91 will shift their Southwest account over to the 2023s since the high school kids don't have spring games to fly out to anymore. Hawks will drop 2 games in the league and BOTC observers will call out the brutal zone defense that led to the disastrous 2 loss season. DC Dogs will underachieve despite losing in the finals because they have a few more holdbacks than McClernan's Crabs. The winners will update us with in and post-season rankings and the losers will say it is all about preparing the kids for high school. The suckers will send their kids to Maverik Showtime where no one will watch them and the dreamers will send their kids to UA Underclass Tryouts where they can compete against 2022s that should be 2021s. Parents will post photos of junior on facebook where they'll get plenty of likes, but no one really cares. Parents will stroke checks to the private schools and tell their cronies their kids were recruited. Tourneys will go deeper into July and tryouts will be right on their heels. High school sports will start immediately following and just like that, youth sports is done. Enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok that’s funny. And sadly, pretty accurate. Probably missing some Spalding and other obscure AA county references, but then, do we really miss them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody trying out for the RR 2023 showcase team to play at Naptown?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok that’s funny. And sadly, pretty accurate. Probably missing some Spalding and other obscure AA county references, but then, do we really miss them?

You seem to be joking but know this: The ripple effects of the #SpaldingTakeover will also rock the '23 age level. The impact will likely be felt on a national level. At this point the only thing that could potentially dampen it is if the PLL begins tampering with the young stars (a scenario I am legitimately concerned about occurring).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is RR 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son said a group of his friends who are pretty solid were talking about it depending on when their summer schedules get firmed up. They saw the Dukes make it to the final TV game and think they can get enough good kids to do the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son said a group of his friends who are pretty solid were talking about it depending on when their summer schedules get firmed up. They saw the Dukes make it to the final TV game and think they can get enough good kids to do the same.

Let me get this straight. For two consecutive years RR could not field a 2023 team. Now they somehow will draw enough kids to compete with Dukes?! Where will RR draw these unicorns from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MM going to scam his 23 team into the Elite division again despite being winless for 2 years?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is MM going to scam his 23 team into the Elite division again despite being winless for 2 years?

Yes. He has coached 27000 kids at his camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assume so since his son will be in it for spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

....And what does camp have to do with the 2023 team?? If 91 was not in the Elite who would be? I would think the way to go would be a six team division or a 10 team and add a few more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gots to play better peeps to get better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

....And what does camp have to do with the 2023 team?? If 91 was not in the Elite who would be? I would think the way to go would be a six team division or a 10 team and add a few more.

VLC who won the AA division would easily beat 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you run into the problem of scheduling. A 6 team results in either an unbalanced schedule or a 12 or more week schedule. In a 10, the teams aren't deep enough and the competition would be really lopsided.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The VLC team who loses to every Elite team it plays??? See summer and fall tourney results.

Not a perfect ranking or methodology but VLC not even ranked in the Top 100:
https://www.usclublax.com/fall-rankings.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The VLC team who loses to every Elite team it plays??? See summer and fall tourney results.

First VLC not listed because they are part of Crabs. Second they already beat 91md.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First VLC not listed because they are part of Crabs. Second they already beat 91md.

Wrong. VLC is listed as #138. This "91MD shouldn't be elite" comes up every month and always results in same stunad saying VLC should be there. Makes you wonder if the whole thread's intent is for VLC Dad to make this irrational point. Though VLC is not a Crabs B team, they might as well be. Crabs 2023 would easily beat VLC 2023, even if their top players were missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are actually citing that bogus usclublax ranking which is based on nothing? My son doesn't play for VLC but i saw them last fall at a Madlax tournament where they easily beat Team91 by more than 5 goals. They've added some guys and are more deserving than 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a fun idea to try to create a ranking of teams but any poster on this website could do a better job. Half the teams in the HOCO elite division are not even listed here. They get other regions wrong as well like the Philly suburbs. This is more like a random listing of teams at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.usclublax.com/fall-rankings.html[/quote]
First VLC not listed because they are part of Crabs. Second they already beat 91md. [/quote]
Wrong. VLC is listed as #138. This "91MD shouldn't be elite" comes up every month and always results in same stunad saying VLC should be there. Makes you wonder if the whole thread's intent is for VLC Dad to make this irrational point. Though VLC is not a Crabs B team, they might as well be. Crabs 2023 would easily beat VLC 2023, even if their top players were missing.[/quote]
While I am sure some of these comments may be from a VLC dad, it is logical to compare these two teams only because one is Elite and has not won in two years and the other won the next division down last season. The issue is that some do not feel 91MD should be in the division. However a seven team division does not work. It does not matter anyway as the people making the decision do not care what is posted here. I do not think the whole question is some massive agenda simply based on records. My son plays for a team in the Elite group not listed in the ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a Team91 dad. My son plays for Looney's. We beat 91 by 1 goal and beat VLC by 2 goals this summer. Since 91 hasn't won a game in two years and VLC won the AA division, sounds logical to treat it like soccer relegation. Move 91 down and move VLC up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any idea which 23 teams at the 'elite' level made a jump up to improve and which may have taken a step back? I heard Crabs reloaded after an awful 2018. Anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a Team91 dad. My son plays for Looney's. We beat 91 by 1 goal and beat VLC by 2 goals this summer. Since 91 hasn't won a game in two years and VLC won the AA division, sounds logical to treat it like soccer relegation. Move 91 down and move VLC up.

Interesting idea. I do not think that the 91 director will allow this. I have no idea if VLC even wants to move up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a Team91 dad. My son plays for Looney's. We beat 91 by 1 goal and beat VLC by 2 goals this summer. Since 91 hasn't won a game in two years and VLC won the AA division, sounds logical to treat it like soccer relegation. Move 91 down and move VLC up.[/quote]
Interesting idea. I do not think that the 91 director will allow this. I have no idea if VLC even wants to move up.[/quote]

A South River parent told me they were planning to move up. Would think VLC would want to play higher competition in advance of high school. HS club tournaments generally don't have multiple levels of competition. Cavalier and Cannons might want to as well. A 10 or 12 team league could work for all. You could give top teams hardest schedule and moving up teams easiest -- like NFL does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting idea. I do not think that the 91 director will allow this. I have no idea if VLC even wants to move up.[/quote]

A South River parent told me they were planning to move up. Would think VLC would want to play higher competition in advance of high school. HS club tournaments generally don't have multiple levels of competition. Cavalier and Cannons might want to as well. A 10 or 12 team league could work for all. You could give top teams hardest schedule and moving up teams easiest -- like NFL does.[/quote]

The Elite div will be the same as last season:
1. There is a competition committee that reviews and makes schedules and sets the divisions
2. They are not reading the previous comments.

12 Teams is too many for an ELITE division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What division do the Crabs play in?
Their 2023 team is AA but add the 2022 RoughRiders that are now 2023 Crabs and they are the top elite team. Just asking for a friend. (Hogans and Loonies may also be part of this argument)
Put everyone in 2023 that has one holdback or pre-first in Elite than call it a day (look at birth year). If the elite team has anyone playing up they cancel out the pre-first/holdback.
Let the real 8th graders fight it out in AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What division do the Crabs play in?
Their 2023 team is AA but add the 2022 RoughRiders that are now 2023 Crabs and they are the top elite team. Just asking for a friend. (Hogans and Loonies may also be part of this argument)
Put everyone in 2023 that has one holdback or pre-first in Elite than call it a day (look at birth year). If the elite team has anyone playing up they cancel out the pre-first/holdback.
Let the real 8th graders fight it out in AA.

In other words nothing will change. The 2023 Crabs were already top3 in Elite. Hawks Looney FCA DCE NL and DC Dogs are also Elite. Argument was T91 but they will also have players with DOB prior to 9/30/2004. Most maybe all of the AA teams are true 8th graders so that is what will happen. Crabs and DC Dogs play in the final. MD 91 does not win a game despite the fact that director coaches secretly suits up in the final game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A South River parent told me they were planning to move up.

South River has been playing box down at Myers Pavillon this Winter. They have a solid team from what I've seen. Their entire offense does seem to rely on one kid though (he scored all but 1 or 2 of their goals in the game I watched).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you go out to Cali and only put up two goals in the Championship game! Only 4 teams in a bracket and thousands of miles traveled to lose! Hey, a great time was had by all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you go out to Cali and only put up two goals in the Championship game! Only 4 teams in a bracket and thousands of miles traveled to lose! Hey, a great time was had by all!

I didn’t think you were allowed to play for another team if you played for Crabs? I certainly didn’t think it was ok to miss practice and play for another team. That sounds fair! Stay Classy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn’t think you were allowed to play for another team if you played for Crabs? I certainly didn’t think it was ok to miss practice and play for another team. That sounds fair! Stay Classy!

If your you boys didn't get an invite, the same program is sending an East Coast team out west to Sandstorm in mid-January. Reach out to their NJ director, they would welcome a few ringers. Minimum of 5 games in Palm Springs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several 91MD 2022's are now on the 2023 team. A couple played up at 2022 for years and MM's son needed an extra year to mature and make sure he was ready for High School Lacrosse smirk They will be much improved with these players, but feel very, very sorry for all the others on that team who have not been coached by Millon before. Their enjoyment for lacrosse is going to suffer for the next 2 years.

Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard