NHV Regional HS NJ 2019 Def, LSM Jonathan Ruben Commits to US Merchant Marine Academy

NHV Regional HS (NJ) 2019 Def, LSM Jonathan Ruben has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at US Merchant Marine Academy.

High School: NHV Regional HS (Clinton, NJ)
Grad Year: 2019
Positions: Defense, LSM
College Committed to: US Merchant Marine Academy
Lacrosse Honors: Go Fight Win (GFW) All star game Standout player at National 175 lacrosse showcase (Uniondale, NY)
Expected Major: Engineering
Why did you choose US Merchant Marine Academy, Men's D3? "Academics are my number 1 priority, and that's something my mom has always told me ever since I was in elementary school. In my opinion, lacrosse is a passion. I'm not too crazy about it, but I still love the sport. However, no matter how much I love the sport, I know one day it will come to an end. Having said that, I thought about all the schools that provide a lot of opportunities after graduation. After a while, I came to the conclusion that the Merchant Marine Academy was the best fit for me, due to its small campus, and Division 3 athletics. My statement is not, "I am going to play lacrosse at the Merchant Marine Academy...". My statement is, "I want to go to the Merchant Marine Academy, focus on my academics, and as a passion, play lacrosse..."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you Mom and Dad, Coach Tim Cullen, Coach John Kanaras, Coach Brett Naylor (RIT Lacrosse class of 2021 LSM), and Kyle McShea (Stevens Tech Lacrosse class of 2021 Def)."
What other colleges did you consider? "Wesleyan, RIT, Connecticut College"

Contributed by:
Tom Michaelsen
Back Of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com

Click Here to Submit a Commitment Story

View college profile below: