BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 134 of 264 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn’t WI best player transfer to private school?

Thanks for letting us know Dad! We were all so worried about him. Guess WI is done now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they
Is it true that JC lost his core Asst. Coaching Staff over at Syosset? What happened?

Yes not one assistant coach is back!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yes they
Is it true that JC lost his core Asst. Coaching Staff over at Syosset? What happened?

Yes not one assistant coach is back!!"

They must have gotten tired of having to deal with all the Syosset people...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all went to Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yes they

No they still teach and coach other sports!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yes they

So what happened then?

Another brouhaha with the School Board / Administration?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yes they

So what happened then?

ugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yes they

So what happened then?

Something to do with a film session that a player recorded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, you're correct, they're aren't blessed with limitless offensive studs (like years gone bye) but there is talent and more importantly IQ on their fields. I think it is very dangerous making West Islip a non-factor this early. (unless you're from the pride and want to sandbag).

I also think Ward Melville's only competition on the island is the Big 2 Catholics, and there I still see Ward Melville with the edge. But back to West Islip, I think they will be in the mix, somewhere with a ranking between 2 and 5.

Time will tell. Just remember defense wins championships (and WOOHA, from Goalie on up Melville is stacked there too). Outside of the Patriots and Blue Bulls who do you think are poised to make some moves?

Anonymous -
IF you really think WI will go far then your knowledge is very minimal yes they have a very good goalie and a good defense which is what will help them stay in many games but they have zero offense

Anonymous -
Lets see this weekend how the teams do at Farmingdale , schedule is out so this should show at least what returning talent the top Div 1 teams have .... Good Luck to all

Easy there! It's fall ball....means nothing!

Not sure what it means, because yes its fall ball, but it is certainly not nothing!

Some of the better games for LI that are currently scheduled,

Saw most of these and the hen some. Some good some Ugly and some head scratchers. On a positive note, the fields held up nicely.

10:40 Harborfields vs ESM should be interesting 7
Wasn't interesting. ESM disappointed today Harborfields didn't.

12:40 Yorktown vs Smithtown West (is fogo hurt) 1
Disappointed (was fogo hurt)? Wanted to see a battle at X

12:40 Sachem vs Northport vs Locust Valley 4
Good match ups. Interesting here with Sachem and Northport.

12:40 Commack vs Smithtown East 20
East who is your coach? Kudos to Commack or St Dom's ugh

12:40 Bay Shore vs Carey 7
Horrible mismatch or efficient Bay Shore?

1:40 Sachem East vs Riverhead 21
Riverhead over matched their opponents. Bad matchups.

Northport, Sachem N, Bay Shore, and Riverhead could be very interesting

1:40 Mt Sinai vs Syo 3
Couldn't be everywhere, no clue.

Port vs Wogue vs Hills East
West Islip, Comsewogue, Port good mix. Hills East as disappointing as ESM.

Quote -
HHE they are really bad and have come off huge from last year , Port Wash had a couple of decent players and WI does not have the only thing that might save them is their faceoff guy

Quote -
WI has more than a couple D1 caliber players: Goalie, D, middie, Attack. And then the fogo. And then the next tier. Not sure of their depth. Lot of others team's have some depth but They'll be in the mix. I didn't mention them above because they have the football game. I hope your comments weren't just from Sunday. If they were, they are short sided, if thy weren't then I'd question your knowledge on this year's teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"No they still teach and coach other sports!!!"

Oh, poor guys...so they still have to deal with the Syosset people...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM will not have an easy go against Chaminade and St.A this spring. Both teams are stacked. WM usually scrimmages St. A early in the year. We will know soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM will not have an easy go against Chaminade and St.A this spring. Both teams are stacked. WM usually scrimmages St. A early in the year. We will know soon enough.

I beg to differ, we wont know as much as we like from the SA vs WM scrimmage. I'll use the old Syo philosophy from years past, its just a scrimmage means nothing. As far as Chaminade, I think SA will beat them 2/3. As for Chaminade vs WM, I'll take 91's/Legacy D over Express's attack anyday. And outside of Chaminade's goalie I'm not so sure with their poles.

Caveat: It is tough to beat a team 3 times

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Sachem East play?

I don't know why don't you tell us? You certainly cannot base anything on these results. I wouldn't expect much from them

Scored an impressive amount of goals the first 2, but not sure if the 3rd game showed how they may come up short against some teams like they did against Riverhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade vs SA will be great games as always. Always want to win the third game. As for Chaminade poles, they have two great close D juniors coming up. Their defense will be fine.

I beg to differ, we wont know as much as we like from the SA vs WM scrimmage. I'll use the old Syo philosophy from years past, its just a scrimmage means nothing. As far as Chaminade, I think SA will beat them 2/3. As for Chaminade vs WM, I'll take 91's/Legacy D over Express's attack anyday. And outside of Chaminade's goalie I'm not so sure with their poles.

Caveat: It is tough to beat a team 3 times

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa has a very good goalie, good D and great face-off guy, I think if the attack kid going to Hofstra stays healthy he could have a big year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa has a very good goalie, good D and great face-off guy, I think if the attack kid going to Hofstra stays healthy he could have a big year.

Fair assesment. Good or not, I think there will be lots of pressure on the goalie whomever they put there, but with a great fogo and stud pole, i think some pressure may be lifted. I agree about attack but why forgot about that proto-typical 2-way Middie? They will definitely be the best of the western half of the island in A. Not to sure about the other def and goalie's in Nassau A so Pequ should should put up points. They always talk about Suffolk only being a 2 man race, I think Nassua only has 2/3 teams too okay maybe 4. Pequa/Dalers/Port or Syo. Same ole same ole, will Oceanside make any noise?

This years Pequa Chaminade game should be interesting, if it's still on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are St A's and Chaminade NOT stacked? They recruit, they take the cream of the crop...definition of stacked IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade vs SA will be great games as always. Always want to win the third game. As for Chaminade poles, they have two great close D juniors coming up. Their defense will be fine."

Only two good Dmen coming up at Chaminade? Down year for them i guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade vs SA will be great games as always. Always want to win the third game. As for Chaminade poles, they have two great close D juniors coming up. Their defense will be fine."

He didn’t say “good;” he said a certain two juniors were GREAT. Not “good “ or “solid”, but GREAT. If so great, why were they not pulled up to varsity last year like some other 2020s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didn’t say “good;” he said a certain two juniors were GREAT. Not “good “ or “solid”, but GREAT. If so great, why were they not pulled up to varsity last year like some other 2020s?

Sorry, the only great on that team is the big middie. Fogo is very good but can get handled by a strong LSM (but having to use an LSM would probably classify him as very good). The rest are good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Only two great defensemen this year at Chaminade..."

Got it. Thanks Dad. Down year for Chaminade D this year I guess.

For the record, there is ONE great defensemen in the 20 class...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, the only great on that team is the big middie. Fogo is very good but can get handled by a strong LSM (but having to use an LSM would probably classify him as very good). The rest are good.

Thanks for watching the Flyers so closely!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Separate question?
What are the top conferences in country?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Separate question?
What are the top conferences in country?

Suffolk County D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jr FOGO is GREAT. One jr. defenseman is GREAT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk DII

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Public school Suffolk Div 1 is still the best in country but Maryland and CT Private has by far top talent in country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Public school Suffolk Div 1 is still the best in country but Maryland and CT Private has by far top talent in country

Those private school varsity kids are 19, and some even 20. Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start Kindergarten at 6 and then hold back Freshman year, frankly its pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot holdback as PG as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boarding Schools like Deerfield or Salisbury are not High Schools, per se. The are college preparatory schools. Comparing Sachem East to Hotchkiss is like comparing CW Post to an Ivy League. All NE boarding schools have PG's. In fact, most freshman lacrosse players at Duke or Notre Dame have PGed somewhere, unless they were 4.0 students in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair assesment. Good or not, I think there will be lots of pressure on the goalie whomever they put there, but with a great fogo and stud pole, i think some pressure may be lifted. I agree about attack but why forgot about that proto-typical 2-way Middie? They will definitely be the best of the western half of the island in A. Not to sure about the other def and goalie's in Nassau A so Pequ should should put up points. They always talk about Suffolk only being a 2 man race, I think Nassua only has 2/3 teams too okay maybe 4. Pequa/Dalers/Port or Syo. Same ole same ole, will Oceanside make any noise?

This years Pequa Chaminade game should be interesting, if it's still on?

Massapequa is going to run away with the Nassau title. No other team is going to be close. Way too many weapons and players in the 2019 and 2020 classes. Every starter is a D1 commit. Farmingdale will be 2nd has best coaches in the conference behind Massapequa. Farmingdale gets more out of the talent they have than any other program. 3rd place will be Syosset. Yet this will be the last time we mention Syosset in the top of the mix. Syosset is falling apart. Nepotism and loss of athletes is really hurting this program. Port Washington is done.Senior class is very weak. Can the Junior class carry them. Only way is if they stay healthy. Coaching maybe the worst on Long Island. Oceanside new coach lets see if new results. Maybe then can break into the top 4. They may do so if they can beat Port. All other teams in this conference are weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boarding Schools like Deerfield or Salisbury are not High Schools, per se. The are college preparatory schools. Comparing Sachem East to Hotchkiss is like comparing CW Post to an Ivy League. All NE boarding schools have PG's. In fact, most freshman lacrosse players at Duke or Notre Dame have PGed somewhere, unless they were 4.0 students in high school.

Not true at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Culver , Hill Academy , sailsbury , Bullis , Georgetown prep another one in Texas these schools are anywhere from 45k to 50k a year . I seen them play on ESPN they are ridiculous good. You look at college rosters they are filled with these schools . Don’t think many High schools from LI can hang with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s Smithtown East coach this coming year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Culver , Hill Academy , sailsbury , Bullis , Georgetown prep another one in Texas these schools are anywhere from 45k to 50k a year . I seen them play on ESPN they are ridiculous good. You look at college rosters they are filled with these schools . Don’t think many High schools from LI can hang with them.

Lololol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets take the best kid at every position on LI and put them on same team, and let them repeat a year, they would compete with anyone one in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all.

Are you sure with at all. Come on, some/most. kids from Westchester, LI ET Al. are already hold backs there wouldn't be surprised if they also PG for a better school on top. We know them. Can say at all.

Be honest with yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lololol

Lololol

Saint Ants, Chaminade, WM, Pequa, GC Manhasset would be the only teams on LI that can beat those schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hill is ridiculous. They spent spring break in the Md area and spanked teams. A public might win a game here and there. In general, it would be a beat down.

Like Reply Quote
Page 134 of 264 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard