BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's here is an FYI, take your Elite teams to tournaments with some real competition if you think you are the best

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Duke's here is an FYI, take your Elite teams to tournaments with some real competition if you think you are the best

Can't all the kids play for other teams that already play in the Elite tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck was the Dukes 2022 team at Big 4 Saturday? They were terrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Local Dukes team. None of the Dukes teams are competitive without the National "out of state" kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Local Dukes team. None of the Dukes teams are competitive without the National "out of state" kids.

Many of them had Nationals helmets. Didn't help. Terrible.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of them had Nationals helmets. Didn't help. Terrible.

At the Big 4 event? 2 at most

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Duke's team should not be at a HHH/NLF Tournament, the teams in the NLF are too good and Duke's will not do well. It is a waste of time and money for the Duke's team, just stay with the soft Tournaments that they know they can win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe HHH should enter some tournaments that they can win since they are consistently out played and out classed at the NLF tournaments. How did those games go for you this weekend in NY? Looks like a lot of losses to me. "Take a Run" philosophy doesn't equal wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes played this weekend in same tourney as Annapolis Hawks, Team 91 Maryland, Koopers, and on and on. Is that soft? How does HHH do against those teams? Why HHH believes that they are so superior, I have no clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes played this weekend in same tourney as Annapolis Hawks, Team 91 Maryland, Koopers, and on and on. Is that soft? How does HHH do against those teams? Why HHH believes that they are so superior, I have no clue.

HHH has a superiority complex but Dukes teams also played at Victory. Horrific!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe HHH should enter some tournaments that they can win since they are consistently out played and out classed at the NLF tournaments. How did those games go for you this weekend in NY? Looks like a lot of losses to me. "Take a Run" philosophy doesn't equal wins.

Not good. HHH combined 2-7 and didn’t even field a 2023 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HHH has a superiority complex but Dukes teams also played at Victory. Horrific!

Bring the teams mentioned above to an NLF tournament and see how they do, it will not be good, unless it's the Duke's nationals then they might do well. Duke's nationals has the best coaching around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, there is no Dukes Nationals 2022.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most went back with their home clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most went back with their home clubs

A bunch went to HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s Fall Ball. There are High School conflicts. HHH 2022 was missing 3 defensive starters on Sunday. HHH went only lost 3 games last summer and a tourney championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s Fall Ball. There are High School conflicts. HHH 2022 was missing 3 defensive starters on Sunday. HHH went only lost 3 games last summer and a tourney championship.

HHH 2020 hasnt even made a winners bracket in at least 4 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020’s are a void in Philly. Low numbers and not much talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach G live on Instagram tonight at 7:30 talking about the innovative Duke's program and how it benefits the developing lacrosse player. You're not going to want to miss this informative event!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach G live on Instagram tonight at 7:30 talking about the innovative Duke's program and how it benefits the developing lacrosse player. You're not going to want to miss this informative event!

would have been better if he would just start a go fund me page...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Lord. Try not to trip on your ego on the way to the next IG Live event, G.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach G in Instagram Live tonight at 7:30. Looks like a weekly thing now. Get your questions in! Should be another informative session!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach G in Instagram Live tonight at 7:30. Looks like a weekly thing now. Get your questions in! Should be another informative session!

Seriously, I hope he is paying BOTC for the advertising...false advertising at that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we discuss the pricing for the Dukes? My understanding is the best kids do not pay and the 25 kids who show up to a tournament and barely get on the field pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we discuss the pricing for the Dukes? My understanding is the best kids do not pay and the 25 kids who show up to a tournament and barely get on the field pay.

Correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone who attends a tournament is supposed to pay for that event. Often those events are on the same weekend as a mini camp so families are already invested in the travel part of the equation.

Are there kids who barely see the field? Sure, but that's no different than any team that wants to win. When the going gets tough, the top players are in the game.

I suspect that guest players don't pay the tournament fee so yes, current players are likely subsidizing them. And it wouldn't surprise me if paying players are also subsidizing the kids who maybe can't afford the expense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Congratulations, you must be so proud that your son plays for Dukes Nationals!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Congratulations, you must be so proud that your son plays for Dukes Nationals!

Mine doesn't now as he's in high school this year. It is definitely true that some kids don't pay. It's the only reason my son played. Not worth the fees charged as they are way too high. G has the prices where they are so that they kids that do pay cover for the ones that play for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Completely true, not worth the time, money or aggravation your son/ family will go through with G and the way the team is managed. The process of how the team works will be explained in detail at the time you are getting the hard press to join just be aware it is not run anywhere near the way it is explained to parents and players. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about a hard sell. We got the call from Dukes (like I’m sure everyone else has). He was pressing hard, saying they check report cards and that we should be honored that Dukes wants our son to play with them. He also said that roster numbers are fluid and one day your above the “travel line”, the next day you’re not. If you don’t go to all the mini camps, your sons spot on the depth chart is at risk. The whole time he kept saying “it’s not for everybody”, over and over or that his model of ranking kids doesn’t fit every player, sound familiar?
Dukes preys on a parents ego, telling them what they want to hear in order to get their $$$$. I’m surprised any parent would actually fall for this. But you know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about a hard sell. We got the call from Dukes (like I’m sure everyone else has). He was pressing hard, saying they check report cards and that we should be honored that Dukes wants our son to play with them. He also said that roster numbers are fluid and one day your above the “travel line”, the next day you’re not. If you don’t go to all the mini camps, your sons spot on the depth chart is at risk. The whole time he kept saying “it’s not for everybody”, over and over or that his model of ranking kids doesn’t fit every player, sound familiar?
Dukes preys on a parents ego, telling them what they want to hear in order to get their $$$$. I’m surprised any parent would actually fall for this. But you know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.

We fell for it for a year or so, my son played. The report card aspect stopped about 2 years ago, right after they were supposed to have a banquet for the students athletes that parents paid for but the banquet was cancelled and parents had to chase up management for months to get the money back, if they ever did. The depth chart is a joke, no evaluations were ever provided to my son at any of the mini camps he attended around 15 of them. And yes, my son was above the travel line the entire time. Every tournament had 3/4 new players show up and play taking time from rostered kids. Still not sure why the kids below the travel line were not given opportunities to attend tournaments but kids not even on the team were. Plus,the kids on the team covered the cost of the tournament and show up players played for free. We got tired of the little to no communication, coach changes every couple of months and the increasing price of membership, equipment and mini-camps (started at $40 and ended at $85) with no change in mini camp practices. One positive of the experience was meeting some very nice families, my son is still friends with kids who were on the team with him. We are happy to be out and my son is getting better training and enjoyment out of playing lacrosse with a local travel team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the constant Daddy Ball Coaches on Dukes Nationals? For the money your paying there should be paid coaches and not some guy just coaching their own son. Come on G, you need to do better with your customers money and provide a real service. That's why we left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the constant Daddy Ball Coaches on Dukes Nationals? For the money your paying there should be paid coaches and not some guy just coaching their own son. Come on G, you need to do better with your customers money and provide a real service. That's why we left.

Are there any dad coaches left? I thought that ended when the Freedom coaches left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there any dad coaches left? I thought that ended when the Freedom coaches left.

The head daddy G coaches his kids team now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News to me. The 23s are coached by the guy from New York and the guy with a pony tail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News to me. The 23s are coached by the guy from New York and the guy with a pony tail.

Sure they are... Who coached the 23s at the last tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pony tail. The New York guy was sick and didn't make it. G was there as well, but was also on the sidelines when the 24s played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes Nationals 2024 team has 2 Daddy Ball coaches. Well you get what you pay for. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pony tail. The New York guy was sick and didn't make it. G was there as well, but was also on the sidelines when the 24s played.

"G was there as well" Ha! G is on the sideline more often then the guy from ny and little G never leaves the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"G was there as well" Ha! G is on the sideline more often then the guy from ny and little G never leaves the field.

Apparently you're not a 23 Duke's parent or you would know better

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard