BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the owner of elevate

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Exactly. The owner and his daughter sit on here and market themselves the same way the do everywhere else (FB, Insta, etc.). The club is a total joke! Its PAL coaching, PAL competition, PAL level kids, etc. The only thing that is not PAL are the fees. Everything they do is around $$$$. Lessons with the daughter, paying for SPRING practices, all the shirts and hats, end of year gala, etc. It used to be that travel lax was selective. Anyone who tries out for elevate makes it regardless. Just send the initial check and let the rest of the fees begin!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. So vindictive. Parent of a player not Dave or his daughter. Perfectly content and the game results peak for themselves. Spin it however you want...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. The owner and his daughter sit on here and market themselves the same way the do everywhere else (FB, Insta, etc.). The club is a total joke! Its PAL coaching, PAL competition, PAL level kids, etc. The only thing that is not PAL are the fees. Everything they do is around $$$$. Lessons with the daughter, paying for SPRING practices, all the shirts and hats, end of year gala, etc. It used to be that travel lax was selective. Anyone who tries out for elevate makes it regardless. Just send the initial check and let the rest of the fees begin!

My older daughter played there and Elevate could not have been less helpful when it came to recruiting. The following year after we left and went to another club she was recruited immediately. The director never returned emails from the college coaches and the recruiting director was clueless and has NO relationships with any college coaches. Its better to go to a club where the recruiting director actually played college lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ vs. M&D this coming weekend. What will be the excuses? Holdbacks, our best girl got a red card? Or no one cares about the fall because all the good kids are playing soccer?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really smack-talking 11yo girls lacrosse?

In 4 years, when it really matters, noone will care what team your superstar was on in 5th grade.

Get a life and stop ruining your daughter’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snack time
Set the table

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ as you know doesn't send summer teams to fall tournaments. It's by age group first come first serve. So A teams and B teams are mixed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ as you know doesn't send summer teams to fall tournaments. It's by age group first come first serve. So A teams and B teams are mixed

There is the excuse. Didn’t have to wait long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is the excuse. Didn’t have to wait long.

lol, neither one is that good, so it doesn't matter. However, in this age group the "A" team does stay together for fall for the most part, so stop the pre tournament whining!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black won 7-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any team out there that has 27 girls??? I thought 25 was an excessive amount (and it is) but 27 is a total sham. I hope this gets fixed before 27 turns into 0. I like the program but not at the expense of my daughter playing a half of a game TOPS. Hello Director, are you listening?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland teams cap off at around 20-22. Works well in fall, when a lot of girls play soccer and field hockey and miss fall tourneys. 27 sounds like a money grab.
YJ is a well coached team, just don't like the excessive physicality they play with, the boys style tomahawk chopping, checking the butt of the shaft, etc. all of that is not needed. surprised they lost twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well done YJ. Taking it to the boys this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize most of these younger boys teams are just picking up Box Lacrosse for the first time, right? Pretty lame bragging when your '25 YJ LI Swarm team has been practicing Box consistently for how many years now?

Also - how does Box translate to the girls game where most defenders would be called for incidental contact and ball handlers would be called for charging? Teaching these girls to be super aggressive in Box will only lead to more penalties and safety issues when they play outside on Field. Instead of barreling over defenders, maybe learning to play unselfishly by passing the ball and finding space would help them when they play Field. Until then, keep following your Coach around - I wonder if you would have played if his older boys weren't there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize most of these younger boys teams are just picking up Box Lacrosse for the first time, right? Pretty lame bragging when your '25 YJ LI Swarm team has been practicing Box consistently for how many years now?

Also - how does Box translate to the girls game where most defenders would be called for incidental contact and ball handlers would be called for charging? Teaching these girls to be super aggressive in Box will only lead to more penalties and safety issues when they play outside on Field. Instead of barreling over defenders, maybe learning to play unselfishly by passing the ball and finding space would help them when they play Field. Until then, keep following your Coach around - I wonder if you would have played if his older boys weren't there?

What boys teams did they play? I saw them at a tournament in Philly last year and they won a game. The entire place stopped watching the boys play to see them win. It was a pretty cool experience for them. With that being said, for the most part they had their hands full and lost the rest of their games last year.

As far as girls playing box lacrosse goes, I'm torn. To some degree, I agree with you. The lack of physicality in girls field lax seems like it would would be counterproductive for girls to play box; however, so many clubs are getting into it this year that one might infer that girls lax is moving in that direction. One can only hope!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well done YJ. Taking it to the boys this weekend

You played 5th-grade teams. You played down. What a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the girls play with boys sticks (and rules) or the boys with girls sticks (and rules) ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha jealous haters. Girls kicking boys butts in a physical game like box is great. Sorry your daughter got cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just looked on tourney and they played other 25's. Most and yes most college and HS teams run two man offenses so i can defintely see the benefit. regret not doing this with my daughters team as it really helps stick work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the girls play with boys sticks (and rules) or the boys with girls sticks (and rules) ?

Was there with my sons team saw them play and i started off skeptical but WOW these young ladies moved the ball extremely well. Only saw them play 2025 Superstar and they were up big. They were fully geared with full box equipment and boys stick and having been around box lacrosse awhile they really impressed me. pick and rolls etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just looked on tourney and they played other 25's. Most and yes most college and HS teams run two man offenses so i can defintely see the benefit. regret not doing this with my daughters team as it really helps stick work

They played a 2025 B team and two 2026 teams. Sunday was the 2025 A bracket where they could have played teams their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played a 2025 B team and two 2026 teams. Sunday was the 2025 A bracket where they could have played teams their own age.

Typical smoke and mirrors! Too bad they can't win when it counts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah they had a tough 5th grade year lolol. Smoke and mirror guy you are a piece of work. I don't even like YJ and your an stunad 11 year old girls lolol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah they had a tough 5th grade year lolol. Smoke and mirror guy you are a piece of work. I don't even like YJ and your an stunad 11 year old girls lolol

Go M&D!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go M&D!!

Play box. Get red card. Lose to M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes because Box automatically translates to red cards SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the Yj M&D nonsense but more girls should be playing box lacrosse it is great for skill development which is why Canada is closing the gap on the US

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the Yj M&D nonsense but more girls should be playing box lacrosse it is great for skill development which is why Canada is closing the gap on the US

They are?? Pretty sure the best women lax players are from US. Box is a waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are?? Pretty sure the best women lax players are from US. Box is a waste of time.

You are wrong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong!

Ok, well I feel it is more important yo train specifically for the sport of GIRLS lacrosse. Box is a boys style lacrosse, the skill does not translate to the finesse of the girls game. Playing box teaches bad habits for girls rules, sorry. I know it sound cool to say you’re playing boys box, but it is probably causing more harm than good. Time would be better spent training using girls rules. This coming from a parent of a top ranked HS player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not if you wanted a son but had a daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong!

Canada won the U19 two years ago and was way more skilled than US. But the older Us players are better than older Canadian players I agree tho box is a great crossover especially younger w how bad youth girls rules are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong!

Canada won the U19 two years ago and was way more skilled than US. But the older Us players are better than older Canadian players I agree tho box is a great crossover especially younger w how bad youth girls rules are

The new international experimental rules are very close to box, they want to unify mens and womans lax rules to a great extent in order to make a push for the olympics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong!

Ok, well I feel it is more important yo train specifically for the sport of GIRLS lacrosse. Box is a boys style lacrosse, the skill does not translate to the finesse of the girls game. Playing box teaches bad habits for girls rules, sorry. I know it sound cool to say you’re playing boys box, but it is probably causing more harm than good. Time would be better spent training using girls rules. This coming from a parent of a top ranked HS player.

Different “style”??? Hello?!!! It’s s different “GAME”!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, my daughter and her friend spent the summer coaching at Elevate this year and were never paid. They have approached the directors with no success. Is this a common thing in travel lacrosse? Thanks for your help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong!

The new international experimental rules are very close to box, they want to unify mens and womans lax rules to a great extent in order to make a push for the olympics.

How are they close to box??? Will the women be wearing body and head protection and checking each other??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong!

How are they close to box??? Will the women be wearing body and head protection and checking each other??

That would be great! And long overdue. You don't see ice hockey girls playing in skirts and googles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, my daughter and her friend spent the summer coaching at Elevate this year and were never paid. They have approached the directors with no success. Is this a common thing in travel lacrosse? Thanks for your help

Good life lesson, don't work for a guy who has been barred from the securities industry for swindling people not once, but twice. This is not conjecture, rumor, or hating as it is all public record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, very common in the industry. I wouldn't worry about it. All for a good cause, training young elevate girls to beat the Yellow Jackets. I'm sure they'd love to have your daughter back to coach this summer as well.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard