BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop all the crying with holdbacks. One of the top 2022 elite teams have zero. Times are changing with the recruiting new rules.

Not a chance

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop all the crying with holdbacks. One of the top 2022 elite teams have zero. Times are changing with the recruiting new rules.

Please enlighten us to which 2022 elite team has zero holdbacks.

Not:
Hawks
Crabs
FCA
DC Express
Koopers/Dukes (Slainte)
Roughriders
Team 91
Diamondbacks
Madlax

Pretty sure that's everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously dont know .. He will be coach of his relatives with 100% accuracy in Spring.

I assumed so as well until this morning when I got an email:

"Team 91 MD 2022 FIRE is looking for one elite midfielder to finalize its roster for summer 2019"

The email says: "The roster is loaded with future D1 candidates and is led by National HOFer and MLL mvp Mark Millon, NCAA recorder holder Austin Stewart, and head coach at Elizabethtown College Chris Perzinski."

Is the email simply being deceptive about the 22 team being "led" by MM, but he'll actually be the coach of 23?

MM never stopped coaching the 22s or the 24s. Just because his sons no longer play for either team doesn't mean he moved with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the 2023 forum.

Yes, this is the 2023 forum but many of the kids on the Elite teams grew up with the kids on the 2022 teams and were in the same grade so the parents still care and follow these teams.

You sound like such a hammerhead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM never stopped coaching the 22s or the 24s. Just because his sons no longer play for either team doesn't mean he moved with them.

Well, he coached the 22 and 24 teams BECAUSE his sons were on those teams. So most people assumed that Millon would move as well. Guess we'll see.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, he coached the 22 and 24 teams BECAUSE his sons were on those teams. So most people assumed that Millon would move as well. Guess we'll see.

You clowns don’t get it. His son is an excellent player whose parents are both HoF. M is a winner and built 2022. That team needs an overhaul. School is a different story. He is not in HS yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, he coached the 22 and 24 teams bc his sons were on those teams. So most people assumed that Millon would move as well. Guess we'll see.

Maybe he does not want to coach the 23 team. It would be tough coaching an "Elite" team that has not won a game v. any other Elite team in two years...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, he coached the 22 and 24 teams bc his sons were on those teams. So most people assumed that Millon would move as well. Guess we'll see.

Guess we'll see? Fall season is almost over. There doesn't need to be word. MM is still coaching 2022 and 2024. Why is there speculation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously dont know #9.. He will be coach of his relatives with 100% accuracy in Spring.

I assumed so as well until this morning when I got an email:

"Team 91 MD 2022 FIRE is looking for one elite midfielder to finalize its roster for summer 2019"

The email says: "The roster is loaded with future D1 candidates and is led by National HOFer and MLL mvp Mark Millon, NCAA recorder holder Austin Stewart, and head coach at Elizabethtown College Chris Perzinski."

So is the son playing 23, 22, or both? Or is the email simply being deceptive about the 22 team being "led" by Millon, but he'll actually be the coach of 23.

Player development, player development, player development = mass email looking for an elite middie from anywhere to join the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since he’s repeating 8th grade, he’ll have to play 2023 for the spring season and then rejoin his 2022 team for the summer after they finish their HS season. If the 2023 team had more complimentary players to his son, I’m sure MM would make the move down... but his son will look better playing with better players in bigger tournaments (and then the perception will be that he’s playing up).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep year?? .

Holdbacks- This is the world of modern lacrosse .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep year??

Holbacks - This is the world of modern lacrosse .

Be surprised to see MM coach 2023. He can't stomach working with kids who struggle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep year??

Be surprised to see MM coach 2023. He can't stomach working with kids who struggle.

Be surprised to not see MM coach 2023. He can't stomach other coaches working with his kids .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep year??

Be surprised to not see MM coach 2023. He can't stomach other coaches working with his kids .

Question is now that fall is over, what will Elite look like for the final spring season in HOCO? Has 91 done anything this fall to justify staying in the Elite Div? Crabs seemed to have stepped up and could now challenge Hawks-DCD, how many teams will be in the group? Are there any other fall surprises?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny. I LOL’d.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so my kid told me that 2 Madlax DC Dogs player are in Drivers Ed (proof they are 16), and that at least 2 more will start in Feb.

This is funny!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so my kid told me that 2 Madlax DC Dogs player are in Drivers Ed (proof they are 16), and that at least 2 more will start in Feb.

This is funny!!!

Every high school in the area has a rule that no kid can be older then 19 and play high school sports. So this little guess of yours will be proven true or false if they play high school not at prep school when your son is in 12th grade. And just so you know you take drivers ed when you are 15 not 16 so you have it over with when you turn 16 and you are ready for behind the wheel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

Every high school in the area has a rule that no kid can be older then 19 and play high school sports. So this little guess of yours will be proven true or false if they play high school not at prep school when your son is in 12th grade. And just so you know you take drivers ed when you are 15 not 16 so you have it over with when you turn 16 and you are ready for behind the wheel.

I am not the person who posted and do not claim to know any ages of DCD but you do know that 15 for 2023 is also too old by a year this age group. A 8th grader should be turning 14 in the fall if on the older side and most should be 13.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not surprising and a lit

This is funny!!!

I am not the person who posted and do not claim to know any ages of DCD but you do know that 15 for 2023 is also too old by a year this age group. A 8th grader should be turning 14 in the fall if on the older side and most should be 13.

Not surprising and a little sad. Almost all of BLC's 2027's are born prior to 9/1/2008 and have at least 2 kids born in 2007. This makes them almost 2 years older than USL rules. But I suppose this just makes them a little older and bigger than the other teams in the DMV. As a pp said, it doesn't matter and the college coaches don't care so long as the kids they are getting are bigger and better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not surprising and a lit

This is funny!!!

Not surprising and a little sad. Almost all of BLC's 2027's are born prior to 9/1/2008 and have at least 2 kids born in 2007. This makes them almost 2 years older than USL rules. But I suppose this just makes them a little older and bigger than the other teams in the DMV. As a pp said, it doesn't matter and the college coaches don't care so long as the kids they are getting are bigger and better.

Thank you for posting this. Its not a Madlax or any other club issue. Its a DMV private school issue. They all start at 6 no matter the birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not surprising and a lit

This is funny!!!

Thank you for posting this. Its not a Madlax or any other club issue. Its a DMV private school issue. They all start at 6 no matter the birthday.

What does DMV stand for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are confusing DC with Baltimore. In DC, all kindergartners at 5, not 6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax just had a huge start on it since they've been around for awhile and picked up on it early. BLC used to be purely recreational but have become much more serious in travel. NL became more focused on travel when the Mitchell's took over and their popularity has translated into attracting better players who are most likely older.

It's also not limited to private school. If a public parent starts his kid late to first grade, as in the case of summer birthdays, The kid stays in that grade and there are plenty of those examples on the club and high school teams. This is why 19 years old publics can play high school sports. The problem comes when those older kids are then moved to private and held back. Then they become almost 2 years older than USL rules allow.

I thought I saw somewhere where USL caved a little and are allowing 5 exceptions per team for their sanctioned tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are confusing DC with Baltimore. In DC, all kindergartners at 5, not 6.

Incorrect. DC private’s start at 6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

Not that funny. You can take drivers ed the day you turn 15. So it is not proof that they are 16.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

Not that funny. You can take drivers ed the day you turn 15. So it is not proof that they are 16.

15 should not be playing 2023 at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

Please....... This is modern Lacrosse where playing down is the norm.. 15 is only One to Two years over.. Tell your son to hit the wall and playing against older players will make him better,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

C'mon Mom, this means those 2 young men are 22 months OLDER than the youngest age eligible kids and 10 months OLDER than the oldest kids on a USL sanctioned tournament team. This is why they don't play USL sanctioned tournaments. But that strategy does pay off in the long run if the kids are half way decent and follow through on playing well while at the high school age. Yes, keep telling yourself the other kids could be as good as yours so long as they hustle and eat their veggies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax just had a huge start on it since they've been around for awhile and picked up on it early. BLC used to be purely recreational but have become much more serious in travel. NL became more focused on travel when the Mitchell's took over and their popularity has translated into attracting better players who are most likely older.

It's also not limited to private school. If a public parent starts his kid late to first grade, as in the case of summer birthdays, The kid stays in that grade and there are plenty of those examples on the club and high school teams. This is why 19 years old publics can play high school sports. The problem comes when those older kids are then moved to private and held back. Then they become almost 2 years older than USL rules allow.

I thought I saw somewhere where USL caved a little and are allowing 5 exceptions per team for their sanctioned tournaments.

Only for Nationals. ML still couldn't qualify a team.

AGE EXCEPTIONS FOR THE 2019 NATIONALS
The 2019 Age Exception Policy is as follows: a team competing at the 2019 US Lacrosse Nationals may field up to five players who do not comply with the birthdate guidelines above (Section 4 and 5 above), provided i) that the players meet the previously stated club participation requirement, ii) that those players were born not more than six months earlier than the birthdate cutoff for their division, and iii) that the player is in the scholastic grade that corresponds to their respective division. The corresponding grade for each division is:

13U, 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR GRADE SEVEN
14U, 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR GRADE EIGHT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

My kid is 13 and will be 13 thru this summer playing 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please....... This is modern Lacrosse where playing down is the norm.. 15 is only One to Two years over.. Tell your son to hit the wall and playing against older players will make him better,

Tell your son to hit the books. Studying will make him a better student so he doesn't have to be held back. :)>

But seriously, while "playing up" (ie, playing in the correct year for your age) may make some kids better, it also means a lot of kids who have potential will get frustrated and give up on the sport. There is a reason basically every sport at every level of youth competition divides kids by age. Club Lacrosse is one of the only exceptions and it should really change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of reading all the holdback BS. Did some research for VA public schools. In the Commonwealth of Virginia, public school students can participate in HS sports as long as they are not 19 when they enter their senior year. A student can turn 19 during their senior year, he/she just can't be 19 on Sep 1 (or whatever the start date is). Thus, with respect to the Class of 2023, any student with a birthdate of 9/1/2003 or later can play HS sports in VA. I could not find a rule for the private school leagues but suspect it would be the same or allow even older players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

What team does he play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

Quoted from the MD DMV website:
"Before starting the driving portion of your driver's education course, you need to get a learner's permit first. You must be at least 15 years and 9 months old to apply for your permit."

So however you want to look at it (presently 15 years and 9/10/11 months old or 16 years old), they will be 16 before the first HoCo face-off, when most boys will be 13 or 14. Absolute joke!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like on the lacrosse field, I bet the 2023 Hawks dominate the DC Dogs on the MVA Driving test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny!!!

What team does he play for?

Not a MD team obviously, I'm just putting out an age prospective, he's a June 2005 birthday. Probably should have had him do preK, but he's at public school. He would not be considered elite, but holds his own against the bigger kids in AA/Elite. He'll be better off as a player in the long run, but being in the same graduating class as kids 2 years (and sounds like 3 in some cases) older can have it's challenges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have HoCo divisions been set?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo registration doesn't close until late January

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any goalies out there looking to play indoor this winter starting next weekend? The CHILL league on Kent Island could use a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of reading all the holdback BS. Did some research for VA public schools. In the Commonwealth of Virginia, public school students can participate in HS sports as long as they are not 19 when they enter their senior year. A student can turn 19 during their senior year, he/she just can't be 19 on Sep 1 (or whatever the start date is). Thus, with respect to the Class of 2023, any student with a birthdate of 9/1/2003 or later can play HS sports in VA. I could not find a rule for the private school leagues but suspect it would be the same or allow even older players.

I am tired of all this holdback jealously too. As long as it is in the rules , stop moaning. Tell your boy to hit the wall.
If he plays against my son he will get better. One to two years older isnt that much. So much moaning about playing against older players. Why? Lacrosse is the only sport that gets it right with grade based teams, all the rest with their age based teams are so behind

Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard