BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure where they will go. How many clubs other than Madlax hold another tryout for summer team? Most team are set.

If you are a good player, teams will take you. LOL. You don't need a tryout.

I am not the poster who posted that, but my son heard the same thing from several on the team who are friends with him. The guy screaming Fake News isbin for a shock later.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where they will go. How many clubs other than Madlax hold another tryout for summer team? Most team are set.

Blackwolf is taking players this winter and they can play with their former Madlax team members

MORE FACTUALLY CORRECT REWRITE

Blackwolf is taking players this winter and they can play with their former EVERGREEN team members.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf is taking players this winter and they can play with their former Madlax team members

Blackwolf is taking players this winter and they can play with their former EVERGREEN team members.

3d folded 22 + Madlax + Evergreen = Blackwolf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the poster who posted that, but my son heard the same thing from several on the team who are friends with him. The guy screaming Fake News isbin for a shock later.

Your comment about if your a good player teams will take you is not necessarily true. I've seen kids who have made the UA Senior team get rebuffed (albeit politely) because rosters were full. Every situation is different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It won’t be a shock to those close to the team. There has been discontent brewing there for the past two years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what I have seen in the Fall, Team91MD (assuming they have the imports) is the best 2022 club based out of the MidAtlantic region. A close second is the 2022 Crabs team who are greatly improved with their PA based FOGO. 2022 RRs have fallen back as their best offensive player switched to the Crabs. The Annapolis (some folks call them the Spalding Hawks) Hawks are still in the mix but have come up a little short in most of their big summer tournaments and fall games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, Trig doesn’t get the talent he used to get. BW is on the decline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what I have seen in the Fall, Team91MD (assuming they have the imports) is the best 2022 club based out of the MidAtlantic region. A close second is the 2022 Crabs team who are greatly improved with their PA based FOGO. 2022 RRs have fallen back as their best offensive player switched to the Crabs. The Annapolis (some folks call them the Spalding Hawks) Hawks are still in the mix but have come up a little short in most of their big summer tournaments and fall games.

You are clueless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are clueless

What do their summer and fall tournament records say? I'm looking at how they fared head to head or against the same competition? What am I missing? What are you basing your well thought out [ChillLaxin] on???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks, 91, RR, then the greatly improved Crabs with their PA based FOGO. Still a very competitive playday at UMD next weekend with the best lineup of teams this fall.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, Trig doesn’t get the talent he used to get. BW is on the decline.

Truth. As well as the 2023 team which will be a bigger drop off as there will be no Madlax kids to recruit. In NOVA youth lacrosse musical chairs, Blackwolf will be left standing without seat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Core group of players on Madlax has not changed in years and recently added the very successful coach of the 2019 Madlax team who was the best in their age group for the past 4+ years so I don't see players leaving for Blackwolf to play with former Evergreen/3D players. 22's will only get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get sweating it out, dad. The Madlax 22s have steadily declined relative to the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the dad coaching his son is still an assistant coach. There are years of resentment of his coaching, and some have had enough. They aren't leaving for BW but other teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid was that good Madlax would be better. Sorry but your kid is not as good as you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the dad coaching his son is still an assistant coach. There are years of resentment of his coaching, and some have had enough. They aren't leaving for BW but other teams

Just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side parents! Madlax is a sure thing. If you are on the CAP team and playing you are taking a huge risk leaving for what you see as greener grass. Just know there will be a kid ready to take your sons spot the second he leaves. Always has been for 20 years. Look at the kids from Blackwolf who just found college homes. Some left Madlax and the kids who took there spot have also signed to play D1. Point being just stay with the Devil you know its way easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side parents! Madlax is a sure thing. If you are on the CAP team and playing you are taking a huge risk leaving for what you see as greener grass. Just know there will be a kid ready to take your sons spot the second he leaves. Always has been for 20 years. Look at the kids from Blackwolf who just found college homes. Some left Madlax and the kids who took there spot have also signed to play D1. Point being just stay with the Devil you know its way easier.

Who says the choices are Madlax or Blackwolf? Plenty of kids traveling to Annapolis and Baltimore in the high school years. The commitment at this point is only a few summer practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid was that good Madlax would be better. Sorry but your kid is not as good as you think.

Why all the discussion regarding Madlax...an irrelevant club if I ever saw one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are irrelevant the top player in the country from 2018 and 2019 are both Madlax players and Madlax players for 5 or more years. So they are very far from irrelevant. You can say they have a weaker year or two but to call them irrelevant shows us you are a stunad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are irrelevant the top player in the country from 2018 and 2019 are both Madlax players and Madlax players for 5 or more years. So they are very far from irrelevant. You can say they have a weaker year or two but to call them irrelevant shows us you are a stunad.

You took the bait....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps playday is looking stacked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goes the same way. Many families that have gone to Madlax (especially when filling spots vacated by families leaving Madlax) have been uphappy. And that's not including the people who hold their nose writing checks to Madlax.

And Madlax is no sure thing. Other clubs have similar if not greater recruiting success, Mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goes the same way. Many families that have gone to Madlax (especially when filling spots vacated by families leaving Madlax) have been uphappy. And that's not including the people who hold their nose writing checks to Madlax.

And Madlax is no sure thing. Other clubs have similar if not greater recruiting success, Mom.

Here is another little bit of news for everyone. Your son and his play is what gets him on a D1 roster. Madlax is a member of the correct club of clubs. This club gives your son the most looks (chances to look good) he could possibly get over a 4 year window of time. Your son and his grades are what gets him the D1 roster spot. So the real point is Madlax is and will be for a long time in the top club of clubs that the most coaches attend their games. If you leave Madlax just make sure you are playing for a club that plays Madlax Cap in tournaments. You will be getting basically the same about of looks. But I would argue Madlax plays the most tournaments over this 4 year window . So this would give your son more looks. So using this math it adds up to more looks at the best place to be seen. It only take 5 min or less for most kids to play well enough to get on a teams radar and then the real process starts. But logic says the more chances you put yourself out there to get that 5 min of good luck the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is playing in it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is playing in it?

FCA Hawks RoughRiders Leading Edge BBL Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is another little bit of news for everyone. Your son and his play is what gets him on a D1 roster. Madlax is a member of the correct club of clubs. This club gives your son the most looks (chances to look good) he could possibly get over a 4 year window of time. Your son and his grades are what gets him the D1 roster spot. So the real point is Madlax is and will be for a long time in the top club of clubs that the most coaches attend their games. If you leave Madlax just make sure you are playing for a club that plays Madlax Cap in tournaments. You will be getting basically the same about of looks. But I would argue Madlax plays the most tournaments over this 4 year window . So this would give your son more looks. So using this math it adds up to more looks at the best place to be seen. It only take 5 min or less for most kids to play well enough to get on a teams radar and then the real process starts. But logic says the more chances you put yourself out there to get that 5 min of good luck the better.

You said it best. Five minutes or less. Save your money on club dues and get a great personal position to coach your son up (individual drills, routines, techniques, film review, etc). Play in a showcase or two (get your high school coach to recommend you) and the Fall and Spring NHSLSs and get all of the targeted coaches to watch you. You will need to play to your level and let the market clear. Save your markets $1 to $2k per year in after tax earnings. This isn't a theory: its been put into practice by me and several of my friends, FYI all of our sons got scholarship money (minimum 30%) to top 20 programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said it best. Five minutes or less. Save your money on club dues and get a great personal position to coach your son up (individual drills, routines, techniques, film review, etc). Play in a showcase or two (get your high school coach to recommend you) and the Fall and Spring NHSLSs and get all of the targeted coaches to watch you. You will need to play to your level and let the market clear. Save your markets $1 to $2k per year in after tax earnings. This isn't a theory: its been put into practice by me and several of my friends, FYI all of our sons got scholarship money (minimum 30%) to top 20 programs.

If you're making comments like stick with the devil you know (Madlax), then this comment is probably sound advice. Believe it or not, there are a lot of kids who genuinely enjoy their club teams, coaches and experience. That $2K a year after taxes is money well spent for many if that's the case. It wouldn't take too many sessions of private coaching and showcase fees to be right back at that 2K number as well. There certainly isn't a singular path to getting recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right here is a correction!

NOVA SPOTLIGHT - RESULTS from today's Terrapin Classic:

Madlax Capital/Evergreen 9 vs Patriots 5
Patriots 7 vs Blackwolf/Evergreen 4

Madlax Capital/Evergreen 13 vs STEPS 2
Blackwolf/Evergreen 7 vs STEPS 6

My son tells me more players from Evergreen will be moving to MadLax and Blackwolf this summer for better competition and less of these Rec/B level tournaments Evergreen attends.

Evergreen seems to do very well developing talent for the other local clubs. The players from Evergreen have been a great addition to our team. Yes, Blackwolf parent here. Great midfield and defense including some with injuries. Attack can be improved - not very impressive on the small and non-aggressive side. Summer should be interesting if we can avoid injuries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son tells me more players from Evergreen will be moving to MadLax and Blackwolf this summer for better competition and less of these Rec/B level tournaments Evergreen attends.

Evergreen seems to do very well developing talent for the other local clubs. The players from Evergreen have been a great addition to our team. Yes, Blackwolf parent here. Great midfield and defense including some with injuries. Attack can be improved - not very impressive on the small and non-aggressive side. Summer should be interesting if we can avoid injuries.

Don't get it. The Madlax Capital team that played in the Terrapin Classic had no Evergreen players and "Madlax Capital/Evergreen" does not make sense. The BW team had/has half a dozen Evergreen players and that tall middie is the only elite player. How can Evergreen have been a "great addition" when the team did not exist prior to the fall and the Evergreen players were there on Day 1? BW is on the decline, no matter what parents of former 3d/Evergreen players think. The only common thread is the cancerous parents who decided to bolt from 3d 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get it. The Madlax Capital team that played in the Terrapin Classic had no Evergreen players and "Madlax Capital/Evergreen" does not make sense. The BW team had/has half a dozen Evergreen players and that tall middie is the only elite player. How can Evergreen have been a "great addition" when the team did not exist prior to the fall and the Evergreen players were there on Day 1? BW is on the decline, no matter what parents of former 3d/Evergreen players think. The only common thread is the cancerous parents who decided to bolt from 3d 2022.

The BW 2022 goalie is also an elite level goalie and one of the best in the age group. He will be a D1 prospect. BW is struggling. They still have talent but not enough to form a pure 2022 team. They had to use 2023's who are fine but playing up which is tough to do v. 2022 elite competition. The tall middie is a top player and a few BW players will get to the next level. This is not an elite team but a makeshift team/showcase. 2023 is an even a smaller pool. Evergreen had some good 2022's from 3d (good not great) but Evergreen 2023 is lower B and will not help BW. VLC starting earlier has taken even more talent in 2023 which leaves little for BW as DC Dogs kids are not going there so no Madlax leftovers. This may be the last BW team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BW 2022 goalie is also an elite level goalie and one of the best in the age group. He will be a D1 prospect. BW is struggling. They still have talent but not enough to form a pure 2022 team. They had to use 2023's who are fine but playing up which is tough to do v. 2022 elite competition. The tall middie is a top player and a few BW players will get to the next level. This is not an elite team but a makeshift team/showcase. 2023 is an even a smaller pool. Evergreen had some good 2022's from 3d (good not great) but Evergreen 2023 is lower B and will not help BW. VLC starting earlier has taken even more talent in 2023 which leaves little for BW as DC Dogs kids are not going there so no Madlax leftovers. This may be the last BW team.

Sounds about right including the lack of talent at 2023. At 2023 in NVA, it is Madlax DC Dogs on one level and everyone else is a big step down. Sure, if you want to squabble over whether DC Dogs is a NVA team, fine. It is not your normal Madlax squad where 75% of the team is from McLean but there are a bunch of VA players on DC Dogs and a bunch more would like to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard some rumblings earlier from a person in the know that the Madlax departures are not fake news. If the kids mentioned do leave for Blackwolf, that team just got a whole lot better and Madlax will be scrambling to backfill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard some rumblings earlier from a person in the know that the Madlax departures are not fake news. If the kids mentioned do leave for Blackwolf, that team just got a whole lot better and Madlax will be scrambling to backfill.

Why would any starters from the DC dogs team leave this team? I am sure kids in the second line or the 4th or 5th attackman might leave but this happens with all great top teams not a big deal. And if you are in 9th grade you should really stop caring about what travel team is the best. Being seen is the real goal. Only leave to help this not win games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would any starters from the DC dogs team leave this team? I am sure kids in the second line or the 4th or 5th attackman might leave but this happens with all great top teams not a big deal. And if you are in 9th grade you should really stop caring about what travel team is the best. Being seen is the real goal. Only leave to help this not win games.

DC Dogs is the 2023 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep buying this crappola.... Being with an AA travel team vs a B+ will enhance your visibility. Look, if you're aiming for mid-tier D3, you'll be fine with Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right on with this post. First, despite what a previous poster wrote, DC Dogs is a MD team with ties to GP. How many VA kids will go there? There are not a bunch of VA kids, three good players and a back up goalie, who play on this team. The key to NOVA clubs are the Loudoun players. Most of the 2023 teams are set, 2022 teams have a little movement left if the kids are not happy. BW may be able to add to 2022 but will be out at 2023. However, the best advice is stay put. Moving from ML to BW is at best a lateral move but will hurt both teams. It is key to show well and not to worry about winning. I think 2022 and 2023 teams should stay put.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right on with this post. First, despite what a previous poster wrote, DC Dogs is a MD team with ties to GP. How many VA kids will go there? There are not a bunch of VA kids, three good players and a back up goalie, who play on this team. The key to NOVA clubs are the Loudoun players. Most of the 2023 teams are set, 2022 teams have a little movement left if the kids are not happy. BW may be able to add to 2022 but will be out at 2023. However, the best advice is stay put. Moving from ML to BW is at best a lateral move but will hurt both teams. It is key to show well and not to worry about winning. I think 2022 and 2023 teams should stay put.

I think parents should take their money and kids somewhere where they feel the kid is being developed and having a good time. Crazy thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club owners go crazy (nasty emails, threatening phone calls, badmouthing to college coaches, etc.) when a good player moves to another club. This is their little fiefdom and no one (no matter how knowledgeable about lacrosse, college admissions, etc.) can make good decisions for their own kids. We've devolved into AAU basketball except there aren't millions at stake but paltry partial scholarships and bragging rights at some [ChillLaxin]-bag cocktail party. Parents, some of these club owners are nice guys but almost none of them are vying for Mensa Club memberships. Don't let the hucksters in this racket derail your son's dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrapins have another tournament this weekend. Hawks, Roughriders, FCA, Leading Edge playing in it.

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard