BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Maryland privates hold lacrosse tryouts in the fall? I noticed most of the Hawks players had already been issued their high school helmets.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks had three good games but dropped a tough one versus the LI Express Chan by a goal. Fall ball is about evaluating players and experimenting as a coaching staff especially in a play day format (no playoffs or championships). Many kids are coming off of fall sports and may already be involved in winter sports so these fall tournaments are more for brushing off cobwebs and evaluating where kids are athletically versus winning every game. Every high school and college coach will tell you the same thing: Rec and club coaches don't always have this developmental perspective.

I guess you went 0-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Maryland privates hold lacrosse tryouts in the fall? I noticed most of the Hawks players had already been issued their high school helmets.

Private you pay the tuition you make the team. Only cuts after sophomore year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At some schools maybe. Not at all. The better MIAA A Conference teams with lots of kids trying out will still occasionally cut kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At some schools maybe. Not at all. The better MIAA A Conference teams with lots of kids trying out will still occasionally cut kids.
Hawks had three good games but dropped a tough one versus the LI Express Chan by a goal. Fall ball is about evaluating players and experimenting as a coaching staff especially in a play day format (no playoffs or championships). Many kids are coming off of fall sports and may already be involved in winter sports so these fall tournaments are more for brushing off cobwebs and evaluating where kids are athletically versus winning every game. Every high school and college coach will tell you the same thing: Rec and club coaches don't always have this developmental perspective.

I guess you went 0-3

Wishful thinking. Overall a good tournament with lots of positives. Its all about player development at this stage. Most if not all of these kids will be playing varsity or JV in the spring. Expect the boys to improve a ton in the Spring due to tougher more athletic and physical competition, strong position coaching and practice/games 6 days per week.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not looking good for this weekend on the east coast. Grass fields will be swamped.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you went 0-3

Exactly , more likely not competitive either !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not looking good for this weekend on the east coast. Grass fields will be swamped.

What 2022 tournaments are being played? Most the good players will be playing for their HS at the NHSLS which is all on turf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 2022 tournaments are being played? Most the good players will be playing for their HS at the NHSLS which is all on turf.

When you add these Showcase and NHSLS tournaments on top of the already exorbitantly priced annual club fees you're in the hole $3-4k per year. All for a potential partial scholarship to college. Seems like a bad ROI but I guess if its disposable income its ok. The sport is largely pricing out the middle class. Fine for the club owners but not so good for the athleticism of the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you add these Showcase and NHSLS tournaments on top of the already exorbitantly priced annual club fees you're in the hole $3-4k per year. All for a potential partial scholarship to college. Seems like a bad ROI but I guess if its disposable income its ok. The sport is largely pricing out the middle class. Fine for the club owners but not so good for the athleticism of the sport.

Did you just realize Lacrosse is a rich white boy sport? The NHSLS is filled with Elite top money private schools. If you are paying in excess of 18K for school what is 3 to 4K for lacrosse for a year? Hockey is tons and tons of money because of the Ice time and travel the game requires. Do they get blamed for pricing out the poor kids. The 3D Harlem team is the best example of giving poor kids a shot at this game. But I would like to add if a 6' 3" kid who runs a 4.4 40 shows up to play for his public high school team and does everything the school provides for Free. He will only need to save up enough money to pay for one showcase and he will get a college roster spot for sure. How many travel teams and showcases does a 6' 9" basketball player need to play for? I think if the public school coaches can talk the Public school RB,WRs and QB into picking up a stick the game will have better athletes. But as long as the D1 lacrosse teams only 12.5 full rides worth to give away the sport will not get the best of the best athletes. A D2 football team has 45 Full rides to give. That is more then 3 times a D1 lacrosse team. If they just got D1 lacrosse to up the number to 25 full rides worth the big strong and fast would flock to the game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you just realize Lacrosse is a rich white boy sport? The NHSLS is filled with Elite top money private schools. If you are paying in excess of 18K for school what is 3 to 4K for lacrosse for a year? Hockey is tons and tons of money because of the Ice time and travel the game requires. Do they get blamed for pricing out the poor kids. The 3D Harlem team is the best example of giving poor kids a shot at this game. But I would like to add if a 6' 3" kid who runs a 4.4 40 shows up to play for his public high school team and does everything the school provides for Free. He will only need to save up enough money to pay for one showcase and he will get a college roster spot for sure. How many travel teams and showcases does a 6' 9" basketball player need to play for? I think if the public school coaches can talk the Public school RB,WRs and QB into picking up a stick the game will have better athletes. But as long as the D1 lacrosse teams only 12.5 full rides worth to give away the sport will not get the best of the best athletes. A D2 football team has 45 Full rides to give. That is more then 3 times a D1 lacrosse team. If they just got D1 lacrosse to up the number to 25 full rides worth the big strong and fast would flock to the game.

what a bunch of nonsense. Friday happy hour must have started early. Lay off the bottle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what a bunch of nonsense. Friday happy hour must have started early. Lay off the bottle

I agree this is lots of random thoughts but please tell me which thought is nonsense. I just looked at the lineup for NHSLS its 85% private schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NXT Boys Philly Invitational Showcase 2018 Line-up this weekend is really tough. I hope the best teams get a chance to play each other....

2way
3d NE
Annapolis Hawks
BBL Elite
Blue Star
Dukes
Evolve CanAm2022
Fighting Clams
FLG
Iron Horse
Koopers
NJ Riot Chaos
NXT
PA Roughriders
Patriot
Predators
Seattle Starz
SouthShore
STEPS
Sweetlax Upstate
Team 91 MD
Tri State
TRUE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NXT Boys Philly Invitational Showcase 2018 Line-up this weekend is really tough. I hope the best teams get a chance to play each other....

2way
3d NE
Annapolis Hawks
BBL Elite
Blue Star
Dukes
Evolve CanAm2022
Fighting Clams
FLG
Iron Horse
Koopers
NJ Riot Chaos
NXT
PA Roughriders
Patriot
Predators
Seattle Starz
SouthShore
STEPS
Sweetlax Upstate
Team 91 MD
Tri State
TRUE

Really tough? Other than Hawks and 91MD the rest of them are all B and C teams. 91MD may be missing kids playing in the NHSLS so not sure what they will look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree this is lots of random thoughts but please tell me which thought is nonsense. I just looked at the lineup for NHSLS its 85% private schools.

The price to pay in the NHSLS is $105 per kid. Public schools could have played in it if they wanted to. Stop complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope..No nonsense at all in Maryland. Now not to pile on but of course we dont need more scholarships which means more players. Right now this is one of the main sports for 5 ft 8 to 6-2 white guy to excel at who is average but has been taught skills since First grade. Majority could not make any college Football, BB , Hockey or Baseball team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The price to pay in the NHSLS is $105 per kid. Public schools could have played in it if they wanted to. Stop complaining.

Public school coaches have to skirt the rules to get a team together for these things. Coaches and assistants are not permitted to coach in any capacity outside of the season which starts March 1. You do have the Northerns, Tides and Hereford Zone teams among others that manage to get organized without any of their coaches being involved, but it isn’t easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Public school coaches have to skirt the rules to get a team together for these things. Coaches and assistants are not permitted to coach in any capacity outside of the season which starts March 1. You do have the Northerns, Tides and Hereford Zone teams among others that manage to get organized without any of their coaches being involved, but it isn’t easy.

As someone who had to organize (and front the money) for a girls indoor lacrosse Winter league team from a public High School, this is absolutely on point. The coaches are very reluctant to even attend offseason games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2way
3d NE
Annapolis Hawks
BBL Elite
Blue Star
Dukes
Evolve CanAm2022
Fighting Clams
FLG
Iron Horse
Koopers
NJ Riot Chaos
NXT
PA Roughriders
Patriot
Predators
Seattle Starz
SouthShore
STEPS
Sweetlax Upstate
Team 91 MD
Tri State
TRUE

Really tough? Other than Hawks and 91MD the rest of them are all B and C teams. 91MD may be missing kids playing in the NHSLS so not sure what they will look like.

3-0 teams : Seattle Starz, Annapolis Hawks, BBL, T91MD, and 3dNE

DMV teams did well. Koopers went 1-2. Did 91MD bring in the Guests?

Dukes went 1-1-1 - must not have had their best line up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2way
3d NE
Annapolis Hawks
BBL Elite
Blue Star
Dukes
Evolve CanAm2022
Fighting Clams
FLG
Iron Horse
Koopers
NJ Riot Chaos
NXT
PA Roughriders
Patriot
Predators
Seattle Starz
SouthShore
STEPS
Sweetlax Upstate
Team 91 MD
Tri State
TRUE

3-0 teams : Seattle Starz, Annapolis Hawks, BBL, T91MD, and 3dNE

DMV teams did well. Koopers went 1-2. Did 91MD bring in the Guests?

Dukes went 1-1-1 - must not have had their best line up.

A lot of East Coast clubs had kids missing at NHSLS. Everyone who regularly brings in boys from other affiliated teams did so. Lots of kids participated in the NXT Showcase whose 2022 all star game was the best collection of talent from this year I've seen on one field to date. Clearly some of the better clubs/players weren't there but the collection of talent was strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With fall lax over for most teams any surprises of teams improving or teams dropping down in talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With fall lax over for most teams any surprises of teams improving or teams dropping down in talent?

At this point all the Elite teams are very good and can beat each other on any given day. It should be less about team wins and more about individuals getting better . If that happens then the team will be better. If that does not happen then a change is needed. Some of these Coaches for 2022 are bit over the top. Team wins are good for the Club program and get kids into final games of tournaments. College coaches just don't watch the Championships, they are on sidelines for the 1st game on thru. The age has 1 more year to individually get better to help themselves and their team and continue thru to 11th and 12th grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point all the Elite teams are very good and can beat each other on any given day. It should be less about team wins and more about individuals getting better . If that happens then the team will be better. If that does not happen then a change is needed. Some of these Coaches for 2022 are bit over the top. Team wins are good for the Club program and get kids into final games of tournaments. College coaches just don't watch the Championships, they are on sidelines for the 1st game on thru. The age has 1 more year to individually get better to help themselves and their team and continue thru to 11th and 12th grades.

In fact many coaches aren't around for playoff games because they are typically on sunday afternoon's and they are headed to the airport by then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes very good point. Sorry dads no more T-shirts and free socks. Its all about getting that college roster spot from this day on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes very good point. Sorry dads no more T-shirts and free socks. Its all about getting that college roster spot from this day on.

Which is why you'll see more player movement than in years past. If a kid really wants to play in college, it isn't enough to get reps against 1st stringers on a great team despite the coach telling you that's what's best. You have to be able to put something on video or get on the field when coaches are watching. Sophomore year is the big year now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is why you'll see more player movement than in years past. If a kid really wants to play in college, it isn't enough to get reps against 1st stringers on a great team despite the coach telling you that's what's best. You have to be able to put something on video or get on the field when coaches are watching. Sophomore year is the big year now.

You're right but this isn't anything new, has been going on for 30 plus years. Parents/kids take a look at the depth chart and make decisions. If you're a very good player but are competing against the coach's son for a starting spot, many transfer because they feel the playing field isn't level, If the coach has recruited over you or there's too many quality players at your position (it happens in every sport), families explore transferring. In some conferences you can't transfer once you're on the varsity without sitting out a year or moving a long distance. All of the top programs have kids transfer in and out all almost every year. And yes, you will see more player movement because kids aren't committed early and need to get playing time to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right but this isn't anything new, has been going on for 30 plus years. Parents/kids take a look at the depth chart and make decisions. If you're a very good player but are competing against the coach's son for a starting spot, many transfer because they feel the playing field isn't level, If the coach has recruited over you or there's too many quality players at your position (it happens in every sport), families explore transferring. In some conferences you can't transfer once you're on the varsity without sitting out a year or moving a long distance. All of the top programs have kids transfer in and out all almost every year. And yes, you will see more player movement because kids aren't committed early and need to get playing time to get recruited.

I like overall the Sept. 1st Jr. year rule. But this rule will drive up and increase the pressure on us parents to have our sons in the right school and on the correct travel team their Fresh and Sophomore year. We will all need to be guessing is my son a D1 kid is he D3 can he play college lacrosse. The early recruiting allowed the parents to know my little Johnny is not top D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? You're crazy - Lots of T-Shirts and socks. They just have high school names on them now. There are tons of college spots also. Most kids can walk-on to the majority of D3 teams. This train's never going to stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like overall the Sept. 1st Jr. year rule. But this rule will drive up and increase the pressure on us parents to have our sons in the right school and on the correct travel team their Fresh and Sophomore year. We will all need to be guessing is my son a D1 kid is he D3 can he play college lacrosse. The early recruiting allowed the parents to know my little Johnny is not top D1.

What a joke. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke. Get a life.

So if you are so smart please explain what about my commit is such a Joke. I am guessing you like the new rule as do I. But every thing has good and bad. Do you think the rule is 100% better for everything and everyone? Is it correct that the new rule shortens the real recruiting process? How does a parent know their son is D1, D2 or D3 before Sept 1st Jr. Year? You have no idea what level and what schools like/ have interest in your son before this date now is this correct? Please tell me how many 2020 kids have Verbals as of today? So if you have a 2020 son and he has received no emails and no phone calls from D1 schools you have 12 months from today to really search, contact, and find a team that wants you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke. Get a life.

So if you are so smart please explain what about my commit is such a Joke. I am guessing you like the new rule as do I. But every thing has good and bad. Do you think the rule is 100% better for everything and everyone? Is it correct that the new rule shortens the real recruiting process? How does a parent know their son is D1, D2 or D3 before Sept 1st Jr. Year? You have no idea what level and what schools like/ have interest in your son before this date now is this correct? Please tell me how many 2020 kids have Verbals as of today? So if you have a 2020 son and he has received no emails and no phone calls from D1 schools you have 12 months from today to really search, contact, and find a team that wants you.

You're way too involved. Pressure on us parents? Relax Francis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its really simple, if your kid peaked in 8th grade, early recruiting was great for you. Lots of midgets and middle school AAs on top D1 rosters. Otherwise, the late recruiting is better for all. Kids will get committed after going through puberty and have a better handle on whether they're truly good at or interest in lacrosse. Don't discount my second comment because D1 and top level D3 lacrosse is only for the zealots: those lacking commitment ring the bell..... Later recruiting is better for coaches because kids are more developed and you can honestly tell a kid where they're projected to be. I would like the rosters cut down to 35 at all levels as well. It would trim expenses and cut down on the amount of kids not playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax 2022 team has collapsed. Several will be playing for different teams this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where they will go. How many clubs other than Madlax hold another tryout for summer team? Most team are set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax 2022 team has collapsed. Several will be playing for different teams this summer.

Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where they will go. How many clubs other than Madlax hold another tryout for summer team? Most team are set.

Blackwolf is taking players this winter and they can play with their former Madlax team members

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf is taking players this winter and they can play with their former Madlax team members

Not true. No one is leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw them play this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black wolf plays 2 tournaments during the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black wolf plays 2 tournaments during the summer?

Kids have left to play for Blackwolf and other teams forever. Madlax will be playing in the best or close to the best tournaments ever weekend for the high school teams. Players will come the always do. The owner has his ways of finding players for his top teams in the high school years. If he really needs a position filled on a high school Cap team it will be filled with a good to top player. If he has to pull from NC he will get it done. always has always will. Sorry Madlax haters this train will keep rolling no matter how hard you want it to stop. 20 years and still getting 15 kids a year to D1 on Avg.

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard