The most winningest coach in the history of NCAA Division I lacrosse and the current Duke men’s lacrosse head coach, John Danowski will return for a 2nd term as the U.S. men’s senior national team after leading the United States to gold at the FIL (Federation of International Lacrosse) World Championships this past summer. For the 1st time in the history of the U.S. men's program, no other coach has served more than one term. The U.S. women's program has had three coaches who have won multiple titles; Sue Stahl, Wendy Kridel & Ricky Fried.

I’m humbled and honored to be asked to do this a second time,” Danowski said. “It was such a positive experience on so many levels, from the collaboration with US Lacrosse, the support staff, the coaching staff and the relationships we built with the players. Our goal was to change the culture and create a program, not an all-star team. I don’t think we feel like our work is finished.”

Under Danowski’s leadership, the United States returned to the top of the podium this past summer with a 9-8 last-second victory over Canada in Israel. The next world championship event will take place in 2022 in Coquitlam, British Columbia.

Danowski enters his 13th season at the helm of the Duke Blue Devil's men’s lacrosse program. Upon his arrival in 2007 after coaching at C.W. Post and Hofstra, he has helped build the Blue Devils to a yearly national title contender with nine NCAA semifinal appearances, five total NCAA title games and four national championships in 2010, 2013, 2014 and most recently in 2018. During his coaching tenure, he has mentored two Tewaaraton Award winners, 103 All-Americans while garnering 7 conference coach of the year awards and has compiled a 180-55 record but he owns a 399-194 coaching record at the collegiate level.

The application process for the coaching and support staffs for the two teams will be announced shortly by a committee consisting of past U.S. team coaches and staff from US Lacrosse.