Phoenixville Area High School PA 2020 Def Katie Baker Commits to Old Dominion University

Phoenixville Area High School (PA) 2020 Def Katie Baker of NXT Lacrosse Girls has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Old Dominion University.

High School: Phoenixville Area High School (Phoenixville, PA)
Grad Year: 2020
Position: Defense
College Committed to: Old Dominion University
Club Team: NXT Lacrosse Girls, Dynamite Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse Honors: In 2017, I made the All-Star team for the NXT Girls Summer Philly Showcase.
Academic Honors: I made honor roll my freshman year and the first marking period of my junior year of high school.
Expected Major: Engineering
Why did you choose Old Dominion University, Women's D1? "I chose ODU because I wanted to go to a big school where all the athletic teams support each other. While on my official visit, I got that vibe from all the athletes. Also I loved the coaches, they are the best! Coaches Heather and Ashley always made me feel welcome and wanted. When I saw them at tournaments, showcases, and prospect days they always made sure I felt welcome and wanted."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "First off, I'd like to thank NXT Lacrosse Club, especially Amanda Kammes and Kate Henwood. In 2015 when my old club fell apart, I had nowhere to go. My mom brought me to the Expo Night in the fall and that was where I met Amanda. At the end of the session she asked me, "what can I do to get you to play for this team?" and that's when I knew I was home. I wouldn't be here today without them. I would also like to than my mom and dad. My mom attended every lacrosse game and tournament I ever played in, even if I only got 5 minutes of paying time. I'd like to thank my dad for always encouraging me to keep going, even when I quit in 3rd grade. Thank you!"
What other colleges did you consider? "Monmouth University in Long Branch, NJ. They expressed interest in me and they were one of the top five colleges on my list."

Contributed By
Tom Michaelsen
Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com

Click Here To Submit Your Commitment Story