BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a Philly guy, thus no horse in the race between this LI vs MD supremacy debate. However, my sons team is AA 2024 and we have played all of the Team 91 MD, BLC, and Madlax teams vs. the Team 91 LI , Legacy, and Express Teams and I can assure you there is no contest. The MD teams are stacked with obvious rec-classes and win by out-sizing their opponents. The LI brand of lacrosse is based on elite stick skills and IQ and is without a doubt superior and they are doing it with kids clearly younger than MD AA Teams.

This is isn't about size, we have some big boys on our team as well that are on age...a 14 year old vs a 12 year just simply moves differently on an athletic field.

Our team is on the list and going. I am not sure who is over age on our team, I think we have a total of three on the whole team that have summer birthdays; however, I believe our whole starting line up is ON age except for one middie and there are kids on age behind him that are as good if not better.

Madlax you aren't technically cheating, simply own up to it, if you are winning, it is because of all the re classing going on.

So you are staking the moral high ground because you have fewer holdbacks? I guess you aren't technically cheating with your 3 or more holdbacks either.

Love how some people feel like they can identify holdbacks just by looking at them. My son is average-sized and on age. Two of his classmates have been about the same size as my son since pre-school but have had huge growth spurts the last 18 months. Now, all of the sudden, they have to hear whispers of being holdbacks because they grew faster, even though they are on age. Not saying that there are not holdbacks and that there is not an advantage. Just saying that many of these larger boys are not holdbacks and the problem is not as extensive as some on this Board want you to believe.

That is a direct result of a huge amount of players being heldback/reclassed/prefirst playing now. Years ago the main thing you said when you saw a giant kid playing on age lacrosse was...darn that kid is big for his age ! Now, with the holdback world, you always wonder if he is heldback or big, and Frankly most of time today it is a holdback.

Youth lacrosse should be age and High school should be grade. Common sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax could beat any of the teams on this list. They recently beat Legacy Taz and LI Lxpress

That’s because Madlax is a team of 14 year olds playing a team of 12 year olds. The WSYL is a 13U tourney. Not 14U. Madlax’s Opportunity was last year with the ‘23’s. But they didn’t even try because they knew they wouldn’t get though the qualifier. Very lame to play down for all your games. Sorry, sleezey team. As sleezey an organization as it gets in this business.

Madlax had no chance of fielding a team within the rules. But Next Level was in the same predicament but only with fewer players who were too old. NL borrowed several ML players in order to field an eligible team. Those borrowed players went right back to ML this fall.

Madlax has enough kids in the roster they could charter a flight. Can’t imagine bring 30 something kids paying the fee to watch the owner kid play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Philly guy, thus no horse in the race between this LI vs MD supremacy debate. However, my sons team is AA 2024 and we have played all of the Team 91 MD, BLC, and Madlax teams vs. the Team 91 LI , Legacy, and Express Teams and I can assure you there is no contest. The MD teams are stacked with obvious rec-classes and win by out-sizing their opponents. The LI brand of lacrosse is based on elite stick skills and IQ and is without a doubt superior and they are doing it with kids clearly younger than MD AA Teams.

This is isn't about size, we have some big boys on our team as well that are on age...a 14 year old vs a 12 year just simply moves differently on an athletic field.

Our team is on the list and going. I am not sure who is over age on our team, I think we have a total of three on the whole team that have summer birthdays; however, I believe our whole starting line up is ON age except for one middie and there are kids on age behind him that are as good if not better.

Madlax you aren't technically cheating, simply own up to it, if you are winning, it is because of all the re classing going on.

So you are staking the moral high ground because you have fewer holdbacks? I guess you aren't technically cheating with your 3 or more holdbacks either.

Love how some people feel like they can identify holdbacks just by looking at them. My son is average-sized and on age. Two of his classmates have been about the same size as my son since pre-school but have had huge growth spurts the last 18 months. Now, all of the sudden, they have to hear whispers of being holdbacks because they grew faster, even though they are on age. Not saying that there are not holdbacks and that there is not an advantage. Just saying that many of these larger boys are not holdbacks and the problem is not as extensive as some on this Board want you to believe.

That is a direct result of a huge amount of players being heldback/reclassed/prefirst playing now. Years ago the main thing you said when you saw a giant kid playing on age lacrosse was...darn that kid is big for his age ! Now, with the holdback world, you always wonder if he is heldback or big, and Frankly most of time today it is a holdback.

Youth lacrosse should be age and High school should be grade. Common sense.

and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming this is the Madlax parent. Cut the BS! Your parents have been bragging about the holdbacks for months now. Your kids have confirmed seven new hold backs JUST THIS YEAR ALONE! That’s S E V E N this year, which when added to the rest of your stable of holdbacks makes for a complete team of 2023 players, playing under the disguise of 2024! Your team makes me sick!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny...yes there are holdbacks on Madlax. Funny thing is 7 of the Madlax starters in the NAL fall tourney were on age. And btw, all of those beat downs against the LI teams at NAL were without #19 and as you know by now, #24. And fyi, we didn’t even add 7 players this fall, much less 7 holdbacks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am calling you out as a liar on that one. If I had a team of 7 ON AGE players that just beat the #1 ranked team in U-13 by a couple of goals, while also beating the 3rd ranked team... I would be booking my tickets to Denver. Don't give me no malarky about lame tournament, expense of the trip, etc...BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny...yes there are holdbacks on Madlax. Funny thing is 7 of the Madlax starters in the NAL fall tourney were on age. And btw, all of those beat downs against the LI teams at NAL were without #19 and as you know by now, #24. And fyi, we didn’t even add 7 players this fall, much less 7 holdbacks.

So you it looks from the sidelines like you have about 35 players on the team and 30% of starters are not age eligible for the WSYL what does that say about the rest of the roster? Would you not want to prove that this is the best team at this age? As far as "Love how some people feel like they can identify holdbacks just by looking at them." You do know that the kids all know. They play on rec teams together, played at fall brawl, kids go to the same school, social media, ect....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK lets just start over. If Madlax is based out of the DMV and the common practice in the DMV private schools is to start kids at 6 years old not 5, What would you like Madlax to do if the teams in all these tournaments not the Denver tournament are grade based? They have tryouts, you pay your $45 and show up for the grade you say your kid is in. This is not a Madlax problem this is a parents problem. They can bring their son to the 2023 tryout. Correct! Would you like them to say this team is a 2024 grad year team but your son is 12 months older then the rest of the kids. You have to play 2023. But my kid is a 2024. They are also a company that makes money. So if your client base is older and playing down in some peoples eyes. What should they do? You think if they band all older players it would be good for the bottom line? Those kids would all play VLC or Blackwolf and they would win these tournaments and get the kids who sign D1 in 5 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you it looks from the sidelines like you have about 35 players on the team and 30% of starters are not age eligible for the WSYL what does that say about the rest of the roster? Would you not want to prove that this is the best team at this age? As far as "Love how some people feel like they can identify holdbacks just by looking at them." You do know that the kids all know. They play on rec teams together, played at fall brawl, kids go to the same school, social media, ect....

I'm not a Madlax guy, but read what you just wrote. "Would you not want to prove that this is the best team at this age?" That's laughable. Again, not a Madlax guy, not a fan of Cabell or people associated with some of the older teams, but c'mon. Stop living through your kid so you can beat your chest to your cronies at the next get together. No one gives a crap about which 7th grade team is the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny. I don't think even 7 of the super human Madlax kids could beat 10 kids on another WSYL roster but maybe I'm wrong. Also, Madlax has 30 kids on the A roster and another 18 kids on the B roster. Going off of last year's 23's, Madlax could not field one team of 20 between the the 2 rosters to compete and that was over 40 players. They struck an arrangement with NL to have their best on-age players switch over for the tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am calling you out as a liar on that one. If I had a team of 7 ON AGE players that just beat the #1 ranked team in U-13 by a couple of goals, while also beating the 3rd ranked team... I would be booking my tickets to Denver. Don't give me no malarky about lame tournament, expense of the trip, etc...BS.

S E V E N new holdbacks this year alone. Confirmed through social media by Madlax players. Our kids have gotten very friendly via social media. I’m sure you are aware. The kids don’t lie. The parents do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK lets just start over. If Madlax is based out of the DMV and the common practice in the DMV private schools is to start kids at 6 years old not 5, What would you like Madlax to do if the teams in all these tournaments not the Denver tournament are grade based? They have tryouts, you pay your $45 and show up for the grade you say your kid is in. This is not a Madlax problem this is a parents problem. They can bring their son to the 2023 tryout. Correct! Would you like them to say this team is a 2024 grad year team but your son is 12 months older then the rest of the kids. You have to play 2023. But my kid is a 2024. They are also a company that makes money. So if your client base is older and playing down in some peoples eyes. What should they do? You think if they band all older players it would be good for the bottom line? Those kids would all play VLC or Blackwolf and they would win these tournaments and get the kids who sign D1 in 5 years.

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

So in the Madlax world, your kids don't even begin school until they are a year older than the rest of the kids??

Which means, even before you begin, every kid on the team is one year older than all other 2024's??

Which means a Madlax holdback can be TWO YEARS OLDER than an on age 2024?!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

So in the Madlax world, your kids don't even begin school until they are a year older than the rest of the kids??

Which means, even before you begin, every kid on the team is one year older than all other 2024's??

Welcome to the world of MD private school lacrosse. Is this really the first time you read this? You must be new. Oh and by the way if you leave ML the owner sends very complimentary emails promising to support you in all your future endeavors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

This is not a Madlax thing this is a DMV parent thing. The private schools try to get all the boys to start at 6 years old. Look it up. They have the money to pay for another year of daycare what do they care if they wait a year.
https://www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/redshirting-kindergarten/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

Welcome to the world of MD private school lacrosse. Is this really the first time you read this? You must be new. Oh and by the way if you leave ML the owner sends very complimentary emails promising to support you in all your future endeavors.

I just thought that they had different admissions standards for Kindergarten, as far as the date goes (which they do), which I thought was a few months difference. I had no idea the difference was an entire year. That is REALLY eye opening. So, a true holdback would be two years older then your normal 2024. WOWWWWWW!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

I just thought that they had different admissions standards for Kindergarten, as far as the date goes (which they do), which I thought was a few months difference. I had no idea the difference was an entire year. That is REALLY eye opening. So, a true holdback would be two years older then your normal 2024. WOWWWWWW!!!

Madlax isn't even the best team in the DMV area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

And your point is? And who do you think is the best in the DMV at 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Last year it was MD91. Won HOCO Elitte, beat ML all three times they faced them in 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year it was MD91. Won HOCO Elitte, beat ML all three times they faced them in 2018. [/quote]

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

No wonder they are not invited to the WSYL. They are, at minimum, a PURE 2023 team, with a lot of 2022 hold backs.

It is flat out embarrassing to not be the best team in 2024. How is that not even possible??? That team is very simply a BAD 2023/2022 team! They are a year older than every team they play, and up to two years older.

And of course the irony is, there is no other team of parents that comes anywhere close to the chest pounding of the Madlax parents... "we are the best in the nation!" It NEVER ends and has been going on for several years now.

Madlax is a sorry excuse for a 2023/2022 team, with the absolute worst parents on the planet, whose sole goal is to BULLY little kids, with far bigger kids/men.

Absolutely the worst case of abuse of the system, in all of youth sports. The perfect model of how bad things can become, without proper controls.

This team is sickening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year it was MD91. Won HOCO Elitte, beat ML all three times they faced them in 2018.

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

No wonder they are not invited to the WSYL. They are, at minimum, a PURE 2023 team, with a lot of 2022 hold backs.

It is flat out embarrassing to not be the best team in 2024. How is that not even possible??? That team is very simply a BAD 2023/2022 team! They are a year older than every team they play, and up to two years older.

And of course the irony is, there is no other team of parents that comes anywhere close to the chest pounding of the Madlax parents... "we are the best in the nation!" It NEVER ends and has been going on for several years now.

Madlax is a sorry excuse for a 2023/2022 team, with the absolute worst parents on the planet, whose sole goal is to BULLY little kids, with far bigger kids/men.

Absolutely the worst case of abuse of the system, in all of youth sports. The perfect model of how bad things can become, without proper controls.

This team is sickening.

[/quote]
You left off the fact that they have a roster larger than many HS teams on a youth club team and it is daddy ball at it's finest but tell us how you really feel. You are most likely a ML parent who's kid rides the pine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

This team is sickening.

You do know that all the other teams have older and reclass players also? And please log back in 5 or 6 years from today and see how many on this team are going to be playing D1 lacrosse. Its not fair but it works sorry sleep tight knowing you play fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

This team is sickening.

You do know that all the other teams have older and reclass players also? And please log back in 5 or 6 years from today and see how many on this team are going to be playing D1 lacrosse. Its not fair but it works sorry sleep tight knowing you play fair.

Yes. I am aware that some teams have holdbacks. But, there is no team anywhere that can match what Madlax does. NOTHING close. Every single player on the team is a minimum of 1 year older than a typical 2024. In fact, I'm sure that most kids on that team are TWO years older than the average 2024. Sickening!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. I am aware that some teams have holdbacks. But, there is no team anywhere that can match what Madlax does. NOTHING close. Every single player on the team is a minimum of 1 year older than a typical 2024. In fact, I'm sure that most kids on that team are TWO years older than the average 2024. Sickening!

Unless you have seen actual birth certificates, or heck, even know their actually birthdate, lighten up. Have some turkey, give thanks for what you have. ‘Tis the season, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all evens out. Madlax is thin at the high school years now. The 2022 team used to a top team, but they are about middle of the road now. Be patient parents, they'll come back to the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLD THE PHONE!!!

This team is sickening.

How is it, exactly, how you think ANYONE on that team, who is NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play kids anywhere close to their own age, are going to wind up in ANY D1 program?? In order for them to have any sort of success, they have to play against kids a year or TWO younger than them. they’d be very lucky if they play intramural ball somewhere. The team is a TOTAL JOKE!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok...first things first, sept 1 is the start date through aug 31 cutoff for schools down in the mid-Atlantic (like the rest of the country for you folks living on the island and the rest of NY). Second, of course we (the 75% with on age players) have been looking into all kinds of options to get our kids the experience that you all speak so highly of at the WSYL. For me personally, who has a son that’s a starter and is on age, I’d love for him to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity. If you know anything about the rules for the WSYL you would know it’s not as easy as just putting together a team and going to Denver. You’d understand all the red tape and logistics of the upcoming spring season as well as the other intricacies of not playing with madlax and all the fun things that would come from that for this one tourney. Third, while we do have holdbacks as I stated before (and I don’t give a sh$t what your kids say through social media), we added about 5 players this fall of which 2 may be holdbacks. What’s really funny is bc BLC isn’t that good any longer they don’t actually get the recognition they deserve for having the most holdbacks in the country, which is well over 50%. How do we know this, easy, we live here and our kids that are on age go to school with half of them who use to be a year ahead of our kids. The bottom line is the post up above hit the nail on the head, in 3 years it will either all even out or you long islanders will still be crying about all of our supposed holdbacks who are getting the D1 attention from your players. Either way, when our kids are hopefully playing together one day in college, if we’re lucky enough for any of us to have our kids playing at the next level, my son will be more than glad to show you his birth certificate and share all the highlight reels he had beating up on you guys as an on age player! Happy thanksgiving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How is it, exactly, how you think ANYONE on that team, who is NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play kids anywhere close to their own age, are going to wind up in ANY D1 program?? In order for them to have any sort of success, they have to play against kids a year or TWO younger than them. they’d be very lucky if they play intramural ball somewhere. The team is a TOTAL JOKE!!!"

Look they have 45 kids in the age group. The younger kids get better playing the older kids. When they get to HS the better older kids go to BW (like 22 team did) and the younger ones are better for having played with them. In HS there is very little meaning in W's and L's and kids on this team will get noticed. The outlier is the '23 team which they imported from Club Blue which is one of the top in the nation. This was tough on the current '23 age players as most were not good enough for the new team. A few must have dropped down to the '24 team or moved on. The only people who care as much as you obviously do about this team are other MDLX parents who have kids not getting run on the top team. They need to go with 24 kids at tournaments and not 30-33 which gives parents heartburn when they travel and pay hotel fees to watch their son get less than five minutes total in a weekend. Problem with the team is that it is a business and it does not help renewal revenue to tell many of the parents the truth that their son is not an elite player. Therefore they take too many kids on the top teams and still import older or players from other clubs. My advice is do what is best for your kids and find the right program. Sounds like you are not happy with MDLX. Email the coach. Do not worry if your kid is not that good he will not call him an ungrateful quitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notice how every time Madlax demolishes its LI competition in a big tournament, there is a flurry of activity on this page whining about holdbacks and everything else under the sun. Go back to your NY boards, losers.

Gotta admit Madlax Cap 2024 had a great summer. Madlax v MD 91 should be fun to watch in the spring. Clearly the two best 2024 teams in the DMV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How 'bout Madlax's fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notice how every time Madlax demolishes its LI competition in a big tournament, there is a flurry of activity on this page whining about holdbacks and everything else under the sun. Go back to your NY boards, losers.

Gotta admit Madlax Cap 2024 had a great summer. Madlax v MD 91 should be fun to watch in the spring. Clearly the two best 2024 teams in the DMV.

You should be ashamed. The 5 or so new kids they added are all holdback including the 6' new middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should be ashamed. The 5 or so new kids they added are all holdback including the 6' new middie.

Unless you have birth certificates, you can not possibly know whether any of them are holdbacks. Speculating about holdbacks is poor sportsmanship. Just shut up and let the kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut up,
and talk about crabs 2024. They will be good. May even beat Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have birth certificates, you can not possibly know whether any of them are holdbacks. Speculating about holdbacks is poor sportsmanship. Just shut up and let the kids play.

Shut up. The Madlax players have CONFIRMED S E V E N NEW HOLD BACKS JUST THIS YEAR, SLEEZEBALL. Social media. The kids talk all the time about it. Ask your boy Sammy. He’ll confirm it for you! EVERY KID ON THAT TEAM IS A HOLDBACK. Biggest bunch of cheaters. A disgrace. Embarrassment to youth lacrosse. A REAL black eye for youth sports. Take Your 2022 team and try playing on age for once. Just one time. Take that gutless team and play boys their own age. Never going to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut up,

Nope. Madlax and 91MD will both go undefeated against everyone else, and the only loss suffered by either team will be to the other. Bet the house on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the denial. There is nothing wrong with holdbacks. It’s a critical part of the game and is completely within the rules. Madlax is just smarter than the rest of the other teams. We do it better than anyone. Eat it LI wannabes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut up,

Nope. Madlax and 91MD will both go undefeated against everyone else, and the only loss suffered by either team will be to the other. Bet the house on it.

Nobody here cares about 2023 teams. Both teams have 98% holdbacks. 2023 teams should beat 2024 teams. Funny though, doesn’t always happen that way, now does it. Play on age then come back and see me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No birth certificates needed. Just check your kids social media accounts. The Madlax boys brag about it incessantly. Big feather in their cap apparently. You parents need to be cognizant of what you are teaching your children with this. They are the names on tomorrow’s police blotter, to be sure. And you will have only yourselves to blame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's Sammy?

You know exactly who that is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn’t a huge difference when you are in 10th grade versus 12 grade so high school levels off but right now with 2024,2023 and 2022 (7-9th grade)there’s a huge difference in size and strength with puberty some kids hit it some kids didn’t so enjoy winning now with the hold backs high school will be bland when your little boy just blends and doesn’t have an advantage

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard