BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The blatant lying in these posts is uncalled for. Which #/player/position was different for GC? Or did you mean it metaphorically?

Really? Either you or your children are not being truthful. After careful examination of the evidence, any prudent observer would conclude, you are the one not being truthful. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what? It’s a duck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blatant lying in these posts is uncalled for. Which #/player/position was different for GC? Or did you mean it metaphorically?

This is what they do when they get challenged. They make excuses. Typical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey guys, I’m back! Been really busy the last couple of days. Sorry about that. Didn’t mean to ignore you guys. I can see the Pack is still a hot topic on here. Where’d we leave off?? ~Packdaddy

We left off with your kid’s team of tiny kids not being able to beat an average town team. Go to bed.

Hi daddy. Great topic! So glad you brought it up! But, the GC team that our boys played was no average ‘23 town team. No, indeed! GC used their 2022’s to play 2024 WP. Confirmed by multiple GC players. Gotta love their honesty.

The ‘22 GC team had just finished playing their last game and went undefeated in their bracket, when it was time for the ‘23 GC to play WP.

GC ‘23 had tied twice, at that point, with a 5 to 5 tie vs BBL. Pack CRUSHED BBL 14-3. You get the idea. GC ‘23 was in for a VERY long day against the Pack.

So they grabbed their ‘22’s for the game vs the Pack.

Some very good players, no doubt! Gave the Pack a great game, but the ref lost track of time and let the game run two minutes beyond regulation time.

So in reality, Pack won the game by 2 goals, against a very good team, albeit 2 YEARS OLDER THAN THE PACK.

A great game on both sides! Fun to watch. Some of those ‘22 GC boys are very good!

So that was our day today. How did your boys team do today?

Clearly ACS best team today!
you mean how without your 5 have holdbacks, which are clearly your hole team , . You would be average at best. All 2023 today, don’t listen to the holdback face off kids parents. GC was the only true B team in the bracket and you struggled with us . If it was not for your 2 best players(middies) you would be done.

No horse in race, but I watched the GC team play BBL. That was not a good team. The GC team that played WP was a completely different team.

No horse in the race? You just routinely watch 2023 B level lacrosse games with absolutely no horse I the race? That seems a bit off...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey guys, I’m back! Been really busy the last couple of days. Sorry about that. Didn’t mean to ignore you guys. I can see the Pack is still a hot topic on here. Where’d we leave off?? ~Packdaddy

We left off with your kid’s team of tiny kids not being able to beat an average town team. Go to bed.

Hi daddy. Great topic! So glad you brought it up! But, the GC team that our boys played was no average ‘23 town team. No, indeed! GC used their 2022’s to play 2024 WP. Confirmed by multiple GC players. Gotta love their honesty.

The ‘22 GC team had just finished playing their last game and went undefeated in their bracket, when it was time for the ‘23 GC to play WP.

GC ‘23 had tied twice, at that point, with a 5 to 5 tie vs BBL. Pack CRUSHED BBL 14-3. You get the idea. GC ‘23 was in for a VERY long day against the Pack.

Some very good players, no doubt! Gave the Pack a great game, but the ref lost track of time and let the game run two minutes beyond regulation time.

So in reality, Pack won the game by 2 goals, against a very good team, albeit 2 YEARS OLDER THAN THE PACK.

A great game on both sides! Fun to watch. Some of those ‘22 GC boys are very good!

You are the reason nobody likes the WP parents or Spalina's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you mean how without your 5 have holdbacks, which are clearly your hole team , . You would be average at best. All 2023 today, don’t listen to the holdback face off kids parents. GC was the only true B team in the bracket and you struggled with us . If it was not for your 2 best players(middies) you would be done.

S2S daddy, is that you?? It is you! Welcome to the conversation. Hoping you can enlighten all of us as to how WP beat BBL in a 14-3 route while GC tied them 5-5. Most rational individuals (including GC obviously) would look at that and say the Pack is going to demolish GC. No point in playing the game.

There you have it folks, another great day for our boys. So proud of them playing and succeeding against 2022’s, in their first real game of the fall season.

S2S daddy, is that you?? It is you! Welcome to the conversation. Hoping you can enlighten all of us as to how WP beat BBL in a 14-3 route while GC tied them 5-5. Most rational individuals (including GC obviously) would look at that and say the Pack is going to demolish GC. No point in playing the game.

There you have it folks, another great day for our boys. So proud of them playing and succeeding against 2022’s, in their first real game of the fall season.

I watched the BBL WP game for a bit. WP looked very good but what stuck out was the lack of ability to score from anything other than shots from close range. Great skill set but coach cried on any hit of consequence by BBL. WP parents are a obnoxious bunch for sure. They will need some size to compete next year. Enjoy the time in the sun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please continue WP talk on another thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now that is funny, first using 2022 on a town team, i have never heard of a town team doing that, especially not GC where you wait your turn in the program, a program that goes to the LIC or NYSC each year, so your 2022 claim is a lie, and so is the clock bs. If your are a WP parent, get over it. enjoy the ride to the WSYL, but don't disparage a town, a team, a coach or the kids.
You have this whole thing backwards, a 24 team played well against a 23 team, see the positive and focus on your goal. To freak out now over a fall game is nuts, so much more pressure to come. You won't make it to July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]now that is funny, first using 2022 on a town team, i have never heard of a town team doing that, especially not GC where you wait your turn in the program, a program that goes to the LIC or NYSC each year, so your 2022 claim is a lie, and so is the clock bs. If your are a WP parent, get over it. enjoy the ride to the WSYL, but don't disparage a town, a team, a coach or the kids.
You have this whole thing backwards, a 24 team played well against a 23 team, see the positive and focus on your goal. To freak out now over a fall game is nuts, so much more pressure to come. You won't make it to July. [/quote] plus they have 5 to 6 2023 kids n the team , so not much of playing up these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now that is funny, first using 2022 on a town team, i have never heard of a town team doing that, especially not GC where you wait your turn in the program, a program that goes to the LIC or NYSC each year, so your 2022 claim is a lie, and so is the clock bs. If your are a WP parent, get over it. enjoy the ride to the WSYL, but don't disparage a town, a team, a coach or the kids.
You have this whole thing backwards, a 24 team played well against a 23 team, see the positive and focus on your goal. To freak out now over a fall game is nuts, so much more pressure to come. You won't make it to July.

the gc 23's played up then came back to play with actual team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue and JC must be happy that nobody is talking about them anymore. Boy they fell off the planet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that’s some creative damage control. I like that. Total BS, but love the effort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. That was great. Gave me a good chuckle!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a WP parent, but now I’m curious. Did these 23’s not play in the previous two games? Because nobody from GC has explained how GC ties BBL which WP obviously blew out. Based on the score, the game was not competitive. Somebody from GC please explain that. Because to this point, all I’m hearing is a lot of bragging about the GC program, but no explanation. That is the question that needs to be answered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a WP parent, but now I’m curious. Did these 23’s not play in the previous two games? Because nobody from GC has explained how GC ties BBL which WP obviously blew out. Based on the score, the game was not competitive. Somebody from GC please explain that. Because to this point, all I’m hearing is a lot of bragging about the GC program, but no explanation. That is the question that needs to be answered.

No explanation needed. A tie game means the teams were evenly matched, which is what we should all want when we attend a tournament. Both teams were challenged. That is a good thing. This bracket was set up well based on the amount of tie games. Kudos to the directors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow ...not a wp parent.....sure ...lol...Let it go already the tiurnament is long over...We get it ...the wolfpack is a good team....Move on already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Wolf Pack act like your older brothers the Bandits and stay off of BOTC, or go to your younger thread. You parents are disgracing the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explanation options for you to choose from, please pick one or all of the above.

1. BBL played poorly against WP
2. GC played better than previous games against WP
3. WP did not play as well against GC
4. All of the above

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Wolf Pack act like your older brothers the Bandits and stay off of BOTC, or go to your younger thread. You parents are disgracing the organization.
Yes please. the parents are a bunch of spoiled brats. BTW we are part of 91 not WP and everyone there knows how they act. They also have about 5 or 6 kids on their team that should be playing 2023 , so why they brag is beyond me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explanation options for you to choose from, please pick one or all of the above.

1. BBL played poorly against WP
2. GC played better than previous games against WP
3. WP did not play as well against GC
4. All of the above

Again, not a WP parent, but to an unbiased observer, that is simply not logical. Based on that answer, I have to side with the WP parent on this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this is the 2023 group not 2024 people should not be on here commenting about how your older brothers the Bandits lost to the ACS this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this is the 2023 group not 2024 people should not be on here commenting about how your older brothers the Bandits lost to the ACS this weekend.

just looked it up and they didnt play ACS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No explanation needed. A tie game means the teams were evenly matched, which is what we should all want when we attend a tournament. Both teams were challenged. That is a good thing. This bracket was set up well based on the amount of tie games. Kudos to the directors

An explanation is most definitely in order. Getting on here and arrogantly saying "I'm from GC, how dare you challenge this program" isn't an answer. This is youth lacrosse, the Wild West of youth sports. Pulling stud players from other teams, is beyond commonplace. I looked at the scores. While I don't know anything about Wolfpack, something definitely stinks here. Sounds to me like GC is bashing Wolfpack parents as a smokescreen, to divert attention away from something they are hiding. What is GC hiding? The scores definitely don't add up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An explanation is most definitely in order. Getting on here and arrogantly saying "I'm from GC, how dare you challenge this program" isn't an answer. This is youth lacrosse, the Wild West of youth sports. Pulling stud players from other teams, is beyond commonplace. I looked at the scores. While I don't know anything about Wolfpack, something definitely stinks here. Sounds to me like GC is bashing Wolfpack parents as a smokescreen, to divert attention away from something they are hiding. What is GC hiding? The scores definitely don't add up.

GC is a reputable team. The coach of the 2023’s is the varsity coach and has never played to win. He consistently put that town team in A brackets for the last 4 years, that I know of, and they got beat down more often than not. My sons team generally beats them by close to 10 goals every time they play. The coach doesn’t worry about that. He’s doing it to make the varsity program better.

When it comes down to it, it’s merely a matter of matchups. Maybe WP leading scorer was shut down by a GC defender. Maybe WP middies are not big or strong enough to cover the big fast GC kid (coach’s kid I think). Maybe GC dominated the X. Maybe WP defender could stop a GC attack. All it takes is one of those things to happen and the game is drastically changed. Comparing common opponents can be used as a guide, but it doesn’t really mean much when the horn blows.

To come on here and accuse them of cheating just because they beat a team that’s a year younger is a little ridiculous, don’t you think? WP is a, primarily, 2024 team. They will beat a bunch of 2023’s, for sure, but definitely not most of them. They are supposed to lose. JA is smart, just like JS, he plays them up in weak tourneys so they can get used to bigger opponents. That doesn’t mean more skilled, just bigger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolf pack losers 💩

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC is a reputable team. The coach of the 2023’s is the varsity coach and has never played to win. He consistently put that town team in A brackets for the last 4 years, that I know of, and they got beat down more often than not. My sons team generally beats them by close to 10 goals every time they play. The coach doesn’t worry about that. He’s doing it to make the varsity program better.

When it comes down to it, it’s merely a matter of matchups. Maybe WP leading scorer was shut down by a GC defender. Maybe WP middies are not big or strong enough to cover the big fast GC kid (coach’s kid I think). Maybe GC dominated the X. Maybe WP defender could stop a GC attack. All it takes is one of those things to happen and the game is drastically changed. Comparing common opponents can be used as a guide, but it doesn’t really mean much when the horn blows.

To come on here and accuse them of cheating just because they beat a team that’s a year younger is a little ridiculous, don’t you think? WP is a, primarily, 2024 team. They will beat a bunch of 2023’s, for sure, but definitely not most of them. They are supposed to lose. JA is smart, just like JS, he plays them up in weak tourneys so they can get used to bigger opponents. That doesn’t mean more skilled, just bigger.

A pack parent here. I can honestly say, none of those generalities apply to what happened Saturday. Not one. You are a GC person, but you weren't even at the game on Saturday. In fact, you don't even have a son in the 2023 grad year. If you were there, you wouldn't post about scenario's that have no relevance to your case. Not a single one. The sole purpose of your post is to defend GC's integrity, which I can I appreciate, but I believe the poster is looking for a first hand account of what happened, based on the facts of the case, of which you have none. Just more GC... "we are the best, do you know how we are, how dare you, blah, blah, blah BS".

The only comment thus far, that has made any sense at all, is from the guy that posted about how "the '23's just got back from playing up". But it ended there. The only explanation I can think of, besides pulling from the 2022 team, would be if those TOP '23 players that played up, didn't play in the first two games. That is the only plausible explanation, besides pulling 2022 kids. But, that has not been presented.

Something definitely happened between GC's first two games and their last game. Something very significant. BBL was not a good team. No matchup problems. NOT good. Bad. Understand? We really don't care what you did, because in the end GC was a great test for our boys, but when something as dramatic that happens, people are going to naturally ask questions, no matter who you are. You are not exempt, just because you have a GC zip code. If there aren't any answers, the talk begins. Still no answers.

Now, you can come back and take the low road once again, and criticize the pack parents or take the high road and tell us how great GC is, but we all know that is all just to deflect attention away from the issue at hand. At this point, it sounds like we will never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro. You weren’t even at the game. GC didn’t win. It ended in a tie. Why are you commenting if you weren’t even at the game??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey BOTC... Can you set up a new thread just for WP & GC parents. This doesnt look like its going to end anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey BOTC... Can you set up a new thread just for WP & GC parents. This doesnt look like its going to end anytime soon.

People acting this is some legal deposition, demanding answers. It's a gossip board. Go do your own private investigation and go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro. You weren’t even at the game. GC didn’t win. It ended in a tie. Why are you commenting if you weren’t even at the game??

Bro. You didn’t even lose, bro? And you’re still calling everyone a cheater?? Bro, you need to get ahold of that fragile ego of yours. Seriously, Bro. It’s ok that your little junior bro didn’t beat a good town team, bro. It’s ok, though bro. I’m sure he’ll still get that D1 full ride, bro. You can send coaches his 7th grade highlight films, bro. Bro, they’ll be super stoked at how awesome he is, bro. But be sure to leave out the GC game, bro. Don’t want coaches seeing little bro all banged up, bro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro. You didn’t even lose, bro? And you’re still calling everyone a cheater?? Bro, you need to get ahold of that fragile ego of yours. Seriously, Bro. It’s ok that your little junior bro didn’t beat a good town team, bro. It’s ok, though bro. I’m sure he’ll still get that D1 full ride, bro. You can send coaches his 7th grade highlight films, bro. Bro, they’ll be super stoked at how awesome he is, bro. But be sure to leave out the GC game, bro. Don’t want coaches seeing little bro all banged up, bro.

Must really hurt deep inside WP daddy. enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What will the Puppypack do when they play the big boys without the protection of LI refs? Parents will be beside themselves if this is any indication. Small and fast won’t be enough in another year or 2. Better grab a 1/2 team of holdbacks for the future. Just the beginning of the collapse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with the 91 box teams. To be very good at both field and box is impressive. Was there a method to the split of the teams at the maple leaf kickoff or just random.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looks like the turtles are not as good as all the dads said they were going to be. They said” they can run with all the A teams on Li”.
Today they struggled to beat B teams today.
They even lost to one b team.
Well.....what will the excuse be now?
It’s a new team,not enough practice or the other teams cheated?!?
Well the are a good B team at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looks like the turtles are not as good as all the dads said they were going to be. They said” they can run with all the A teams on Li”.

LOL......Here we go! Stirring the pot!
See and believe what you want. The first game was sloppy all around for both teams. The rest of the games they took care of business. At some point, in the near future, the hopes is that this talent pool can and will "run"/compete with those self appointed "A" teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop,their third game against another B team they only won by two goals!
Hey they looked good today I’m not saying they are bad at all. But to play with the bandits,express A,Igloo,True Blue,three village.Its not going to go well.
The Turtles will be one of the better B teams and that is great.Im not knocking the players they played well and coaching was good.
I’m just saying some of the turtles dads were talking a lot of smack and today was some humble for them.
I just don’t know why these dads can’t be happy or proud of their kids and team unless they are classified as “A” teams.
The B teams on Long Island this year for2023 are stacked with talent and that makes for great lax for all the teams.
Good luck to all and for the love of god enjoy your boy and watching him play.the A or B thing doesn’t mean crap except to the crazy dads.As long as they have fun and learn as they go they are on the right team.Peace!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Why would you start a thread like this? Hoping to bash some new team that’s just getting started? Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See and believe what you want. The first game was sloppy all around for both teams. The rest of the games they took care of business. At some point, in the near future, the hopes is that this talent pool can and will "run"/compete with those self appointed "A" teams.

I'm not a Turtle parent, their team looked good once they began to click, especially for a newly formed team. My son plays on those one of those self "appointed A" teams went to watch his friend play, and came home talking about joining the Turtles next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Why would you start a thread like this? Hoping to bash some new team that’s just getting started? Get a life!

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is; a newly formed team with great caching, no daddy ball, all the boys get along, everyone plays, boys are happy to see one another do well. Most important, the team is developing, and all the boys went home HAPPY!
Poster sounds like he/she has an axe to grind with some of the parents on the Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's O.K. ..........we will be living "rent free" in that small space between his ears for months to come!......Unfortunately it's the size of a closet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a Turtle parent, their team looked good once they began to click, especially for a newly formed team. My son plays on those one of those self "appointed A" teams went to watch his friend play, and came home talking about joining the Turtles next year.

Baaahahahahahahaha!! “Not a Turtle parent”!!! You’re a joke.

Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard