BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK. Time to set the record straight. I don't normally participate in mindless back and forth like this, but to tell you the truth I am embarrassed as an 8th grade parent. This entire topic is the result of an 8th grade parent accusing the wolfpack team of reporting a false score to tourney machine, and signing up for a well known B tournament to beat up on B teams. Both accusations are ridiculous. I am a coach and have participated in many tournaments that use tourney machine. No team nor coach reports anything to tourney machine. That comes from the tournament directors who get their scores from the refs. As far as the Mustang Classic goes, this tourney has been around a very long time. It is a well known "A" tournament on Long Island. This is NOT Battle of the B's. On occasion, B teams enter the tournament to see how they stack up against good competition. Wolfpack had no reason to think they would be matched up against four B teams. The 2023 dads on here, and their lack of knowledge of the subject matter, and completely arbitrary accusations, is an embarrassment for the entire grade.

yes this whole thread falls under ridiculous. i think if wolfpack played 2024, they'd get bashed. they played up, they get bashed based on who they play. sort of a no-win situation. no one doubts how good they are. you put any top 3 team in any age and have them play up against certain b teams, same result. but a lot of the grief they get on here is caused by their obnoxious parents. and its seeping down into the kids. seeing as how you are involved so much in the lacrosse world you should see that. and no one really trusts/has much faith in the tournament organizer, who has a certain connection to a lacrosse club, which had multiple teams in this. and they had to make sure the 91 teams wouldnt play each other and there wasn't much other competition. so the whole idea of them, now knowing who they would play when their club essentially made the schedule is wrong. i sure wouldn't wanted to have froze my you know what off to sit through that. sure, maybe they made a mistake and go the score wrong. you typically dont't see that much of a delta though. At the end of the day, you play who you play and the results speak for themselves. one of the best teams at their age.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK. Time to set the record straight. I don't normally participate in mindless back and forth like this, but to tell you the truth I am embarrassed as an 8th grade parent. This entire topic is the result of an 8th grade parent accusing the wolfpack team of reporting a false score to tourney machine, and signing up for a well known B tournament to beat up on B teams. Both accusations are ridiculous. I am a coach and have participated in many tournaments that use tourney machine. No team nor coach reports anything to tourney machine. That comes from the tournament directors who get their scores from the refs. As far as the Mustang Classic goes, this tourney has been around a very long time. It is a well known "A" tournament on Long Island. This is NOT Battle of the B's. On occasion, B teams enter the tournament to see how they stack up against good competition. Wolfpack had no reason to think they would be matched up against four B teams. The 2023 dads on here, and their lack of knowledge of the subject matter, and completely arbitrary accusations, is an embarrassment for the entire grade.

You should be embarrassed. There were no A teams on the roster for this tournament. Mr. I did my homework obviously didn’t because he saw the schedule several days before. When you have NEVER heard of a team they probably aren’t that good. If they mistook S2S for the A team fine (but their directors should have known that). Point is none of the teams that were there pretended to be anything they weren’t . My kids team didn’t give up. I would never call insult someone’s kids like that. They were talking $hit about the teams on the sidelines. So rude.

Hey guy. Your kid got spanked. It’s now Tuesday. 3 days since then. Time to Let it go. And stop making [ChillLaxin] up. Your kid was over it before the game even ended and he was the one that played. Not you, daddy who lives his life through his 13 year old. If you are getting so bent out of shape about a dumb fall kids lacrosse game, you seriously need to get a life. It’s obviously pretty pathetic.

Really it’s the tournament who got over on everyone. They filled the spot with a team that was not in character with the rest. It’s a shame since losing and winning teams lost out. The winners just pissed away money that could have been used for a proper level tournament. As a parent I’d be pissed at my club for stealing a whole day of my time. Everyone likes to win but at some point the joy is lost when you know it’s a mismatch of talent level. Was that winning T-shirt or draw string bag really worth the day? For the unfortunate teams that played in an over matched tournament, move on, it happens often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should be embarrassed. There were no A teams on the roster for this tournament. Mr. I did my homework obviously didn’t because he saw the schedule several days before. When you have NEVER heard of a team they probably aren’t that good. If they mistook S2S for the A team fine (but their directors should have known that). Point is none of the teams that were there pretended to be anything they weren’t . My kids team didn’t give up. I would never call insult someone’s kids like that. They were talking $hit about the teams on the sidelines. So rude.

Hey guy. Your kid got spanked. It’s now Tuesday. 3 days since then. Time to Let it go. And stop making [ChillLaxin] up. Your kid was over it before the game even ended and he was the one that played. Not you, daddy who lives his life through his 13 year old. If you are getting so bent out of shape about a dumb fall kids lacrosse game, you seriously need to get a life. It’s obviously pretty pathetic.
They are like that. Horrible display.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks WP dad. I look forward to your chest thumping after another B tourney this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks WP dad. I look forward to your chest thumping after another B tourney this weekend.

Same s2s dad. Still not over it. I’ll be sure and tell Spallina that he and his Bandits are entered into another B tourney this weekend. You are an unending source of really dumb, uninformed information, aren’t you. By the way, don’t you have anything better to do with your time than stalk a 12 year old lacrosse team, tracking their every tournament?? Does that seem very weird, even sick, to you??? A little obsessed maybe?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same s2s dad. Still not over it. I’ll be sure and tell Spallina that he and his Bandits are entered into another B tourney this weekend. You are an unending source of really dumb, uninformed information, aren’t you. By the way, don’t you have anything better to do with your time than stalk a 12 year old lacrosse team, tracking their every tournament?? Does that seem very weird, even sick, to you??? A little obsessed maybe?

S2S A team would thump the”pack’

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not stalking anyone. My other son is playing. Maybe I will watch the WP play so I can listen to the parents be obnoxious on the sidelines. So entertaining!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] They are like that. Horrible display.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not stalking anyone. My other son is playing. Maybe I will watch the WP play so I can listen to the parents be obnoxious on the sidelines. So entertaining![/quote]

Jealousy is a very sad phenomenon. There is always a large percentage of people that are jealous of talent and success. Happens in every aspect of life. Sports, being a microcosm of life, is a constant and vivid reminder, as successful teams like the Patriots and the Yankee's are hated by the masses. Unfortunately, and sadly, this even applies to youth sports and small children, as parents attempt to relive their childhood through their children and become the sports star that they never were. These parents are insecure individuals who experienced little to no success as children, and more often than not, the same as adults. As a result they "hate" to see it in other's. It makes them feel "less than". Real successful and self assured individual's don't hate. There is no jealousy. Time to take a good look in the mirror, people, and take an accurate inventory of your life. Let's get things in perspective, because hating on little kids is just wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been trying to read posts on the 2023 board but it keeps redirecting me back to the 2024 board and WP team??? Any thoughts on the NLF event weekend? Who is the team to beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits don't play up but Wolf Pack does? I'd like to see Wolfpack beat the Bandits.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits don't play up but Wolf Pack does? I'd like to see Wolfpack beat the Bandits.

WP has put themselves in a very easy bracket, again; just as they have done every fall for years because they are much better than the competition at 2024 (in the fall tourneys). They are an excellent team and have been since jump street, but now have a WSYL roster, so several players are likely young 2023’s (though the parents will claim to the contrary). I’m not sure how this will affect their tournament choices for the summer. Either way, they know that they are not going to be able to compete against A level 2023 teams and will return to playing 2024 in the spring and summers. Please move on.
As a matter of fact, there is only one challenging bracket this weekend. Bandits, West Coast Stars, Atlantic Coast All Stars, Edge and Thunder would not be scored upon by any of the other teams in the tournament, WP included. They are all outstanding teams. If the Atlantic Coast All Stars come with a full roster, they are unbeatable. Edge is big, physical and skilled, also. Both are stacked with older players. The Bandits are still an amazing team, but have become heavily dependent on one player, offensively. They will be tested for certain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really it’s the tournament who got over on everyone. They filled the spot with a team that was not in character with the rest. It’s a shame since losing and winning teams lost out. The winners just pissed away money that could have been used for a proper level tournament. As a parent I’d be pissed at my club for stealing a whole day of my time. Everyone likes to win but at some point the joy is lost when you know it’s a mismatch of talent level. Was that winning T-shirt or draw string bag really worth the day? For the unfortunate teams that played in an over matched tournament, move on, it happens often.

This was def a B tournament. Especially if you rate AA, A, B. That said, WP was originally supposed to play up at the Pumpkin Shootout which had a stronger A presence. Due to weather that tournament was cancelled and the majority of teams were enrolled in Mustang. WP isnt out there looking to embarrass teams or play down so stop the BS. Your coaches has as much time as WP to look at the schedule and say something. You win some you lose some. You lost to one of the top teams in the country. Say what you will but they are. Learn from it and build on it. My son lost to them, on age, 10-1 last year. Loved the experience and took a lot away from it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was def a B tournament. Especially if you rate AA, A, B. That said, WP was originally supposed to play up at the Pumpkin Shootout which had a stronger A presence. Due to weather that tournament was cancelled and the majority of teams were enrolled in Mustang. WP isnt out there looking to embarrass teams or play down so stop the BS. Your coaches has as much time as WP to look at the schedule and say something. You win some you lose some. You lost to one of the top teams in the country. Say what you will but they are. Learn from it and build on it. My son lost to them, on age, 10-1 last year. Loved the experience and took a lot away from it.
ok WP DAD. Please stop tooting your own horn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Any team that plays in “2023 A” divisions in tournament would. They are skilled but too small.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not stalking anyone. My other son is playing. Maybe I will watch the WP play so I can listen to the parents be obnoxious on the sidelines. So entertaining![/quote]

Jealousy is a very sad phenomenon. There is always a large percentage of people that are jealous of talent and success. Happens in every aspect of life. Sports, being a microcosm of life, is a constant and vivid reminder, as successful teams like the Patriots and the Yankee's are hated by the masses. Unfortunately, and sadly, this even applies to youth sports and small children, as parents attempt to relive their childhood through their children and become the sports star that they never were. These parents are insecure individuals who experienced little to no success as children, and more often than not, the same as adults. As a result they "hate" to see it in other's. It makes them feel "less than". Real successful and self assured individual's don't hate. There is no jealousy. Time to take a good look in the mirror, people, and take an accurate inventory of your life. Let's get things in perspective, because hating on little kids is just wrong.

[/quote]
F THE PATRIOTS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
F THE PATRIOTS!

ok WP DAD. Please stop tooting your own horn.

Um, read the post before you reply little man. I said my son lost to WP last year 10-1. We are an A team that was at the tournament and were surprised by the low level of play. We were one of the teams rescheduled from Pumpkin Shootout The teams we played, much like WP, changed. Our mustang schedule and bracket was much weaker and well below the quality that would have been at Pumpkin Shootout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Any team that plays in “2023 A” divisions in tournament would. They are skilled but too small.

You would like to think so, wouldn't you jealous daddy hater. But history dictates otherwise, unfortunately for you. Apparently you have been one of the lucky ones, where the pack hasn't played your sons team, until... now. But there are plenty of dads reading this, that have kids on what they consider A teams, that have played the Pack, and lost! Plenty. Because the pack has been playing up for years, and far more often than not, the pack wins those contests. Sorry Charlie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

You would like to think so, wouldn't you jealous daddy hater. But history dictates otherwise, unfortunately for you. Apparently you have been one of the lucky ones, where the pack hasn't played your sons team, until... now. But there are plenty of dads reading this, that have kids on what they consider A teams, that have played the Pack, and lost! Plenty. Because the pack has been playing up for years, and far more often than not, the pack wins those contests. Sorry Charlie!

Oh, ok Mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Silly, jealous daddy. The best 13U ‘24 team on the planet has beaten most ‘23 A teams they have played, going back several years now. Silly, silly little man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Silly, jealous daddy. The best 13U ‘24 team on the planet has beaten most ‘23 A teams they have played, going back several years now. Silly, silly little man.

They lose to Taz more often than not and can’t beat most Maryland teams anymore. They are a bunch of tiny has-beens. You’re kid peaked in 5th grade Pack Rat. The road is gonna get bumpy! LOL!
Now go play in your own sandbox.
Woooooolf Paaaack! Hahahaha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Never beaten an A team. Express, Bandits, S2S, igloo, prime time, preds red.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had an oppty to play the Warriors and refused (co-champs, wahoo!) after routinely getting destroyed by them in scrimmages. If it was about development, you play that last game - you guys refused b/c the T-shirt means more than actually testing yourselves. Keep ducking all talent and calling yourself the best 7th grade team on the planet, we’re all jealous, wolf pack mommy....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had an oppty to play the Warriors and refused (co-champs, wahoo!) after routinely getting destroyed by them in scrimmages. If it was about development, you play that last game - you guys refused b/c the T-shirt means more than actually testing yourselves. Keep ducking all talent and calling yourself the best 7th grade team on the planet, we’re all jealous, wolf pack mommy....

Oh no, the wolfpack didn’t get the top ranking in WSYL that just came out. A blow to their fragile egos. Come on boys, give us the excuses. Let them ride, best team in America.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WP has put themselves in a very easy bracket, again; just as they have done every fall for years because they are much better than the competition at 2024 (in the fall tourneys). They are an excellent team and have been since jump street, but now have a WSYL roster, so several players are likely young 2023’s (though the parents will claim to the contrary). I’m not sure how this will affect their tournament choices for the summer. Either way, they know that they are not going to be able to compete against A level 2023 teams and will return to playing 2024 in the spring and summers. Please move on.
As a matter of fact, there is only one challenging bracket this weekend. Bandits, West Coast Stars, Atlantic Coast All Stars, Edge and Thunder would not be scored upon by any of the other teams in the tournament, WP included. They are all outstanding teams. If the Atlantic Coast All Stars come with a full roster, they are unbeatable. Edge is big, physical and skilled, also. Both are stacked with older players. The Bandits are still an amazing team, but have become heavily dependent on one player, offensively. They will be tested for certain.

Bandits play up when they practice twice per week with JS 2022 team. This weekend Bandits will be missing several players so this will be a great test for them being undermanned so yes I am in agreement they will be tested. This is pretty much the last year and a half of this 'my team is better than yours" nonsense . Pretty soon NO ONE CARES WHO WINS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits play up when they practice twice per week with JS 2022 team. This weekend Bandits will be missing several players so this will be a great test for them being undermanned so yes I am in agreement they will be tested. This is pretty much the last year and a half of this 'my team is better than yours" nonsense . Pretty soon NO ONE CARES WHO WINS

My feeling is the Bandits have proved themselves many many many times so this isnt about them. For me this is more about WP parents trying to put them at same level as Bandits. Bandits are superior in every position from attack to coaching. The bigger question is why WP thinks they should be higher than Taz, being that Taz pretty much has won every time they have played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My feeling is the Bandits have proved themselves many many many times so this isnt about them. For me this is more about WP parents trying to put them at same level as Bandits. Bandits are superior in every position from attack to coaching. The bigger question is why WP thinks they should be higher than Taz, being that Taz pretty much has won every time they have played

The bigger picture is why are we discussing WP on 2023? Nobody cares other than 91 parents posting on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bigger picture is why are we discussing WP on 2023? Nobody cares other than 91 parents posting on this thread.

WP would get crushed by 2023 ACS team playing in NY this weekend. Time to move the conversation back to 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s almost a week since your kids suffered their beat down by Wolfpack. And I haven’t seen a single post in days from a Wolfpack parent. Get over the obsession already. Move on with your life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey guys, I’m back! Been really busy the last couple of days. Sorry about that. Didn’t mean to ignore you guys. I can see the Pack is still a hot topic on here. Where’d we leave off?? ~Packdaddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard if the Fall Lacrosse Classic is being cancelled? Not sure how much snow fell out in Long Island yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey guys, I’m back! Been really busy the last couple of days. Sorry about that. Didn’t mean to ignore you guys. I can see the Pack is still a hot topic on here. Where’d we leave off?? ~Packdaddy

We left off with your kid’s team of tiny kids not being able to beat an average town team. Go to bed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We left off with your kid’s team of tiny kids not being able to beat an average town team. Go to bed.

Hi daddy. Great topic! So glad you brought it up! But, the GC team that our boys played was no average ‘23 town team. No, indeed! GC used their 2022’s to play 2024 WP. Confirmed by multiple GC players. Gotta love their honesty.

The ‘22 GC team had just finished playing their last game and went undefeated in their bracket, when it was time for the ‘23 GC to play WP.

GC ‘23 had tied twice, at that point, with a 5 to 5 tie vs BBL. Pack CRUSHED BBL 14-3. You get the idea. GC ‘23 was in for a VERY long day against the Pack.

So they grabbed their ‘22’s for the game vs the Pack.

Some very good players, no doubt! Gave the Pack a great game, but the ref lost track of time and let the game run two minutes beyond regulation time.

So in reality, Pack won the game by 2 goals, against a very good team, albeit 2 YEARS OLDER THAN THE PACK.

A great game on both sides! Fun to watch. Some of those ‘22 GC boys are very good!

So that was our day today. How did your boys team do today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi daddy. Great topic! So glad you brought it up! But, the GC team that our boys played was no average ‘23 town team. No, indeed! GC used their 2022’s to play 2024 WP. Confirmed by multiple GC players. Gotta love their honesty.

The ‘22 GC team had just finished playing their last game and went undefeated in their bracket, when it was time for the ‘23 GC to play WP.

GC ‘23 had tied twice, at that point, with a 5 to 5 tie vs BBL. Pack CRUSHED BBL 14-3. You get the idea. GC ‘23 was in for a VERY long day against the Pack.

Some very good players, no doubt! Gave the Pack a great game, but the ref lost track of time and let the game run two minutes beyond regulation time.

So in reality, Pack won the game by 2 goals, against a very good team, albeit 2 YEARS OLDER THAN THE PACK.

A great game on both sides! Fun to watch. Some of those ‘22 GC boys are very good!

Clearly ACS best team today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you mean how without your 5 have holdbacks, which are clearly your hole team , . You would be average at best. All 2023 today, don’t listen to the holdback face off kids parents. GC was the only true B team in the bracket and you struggled with us . If it was not for your 2 best players(middies) you would be done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easily... I don't know why you guys waste your time playing 23. I'm not one of these parents who assumes every kid is a holdback although I'm sure a few of those guys are. I could care less. Why not play up and see what you can really do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easily... I don't know why you guys waste your time playing 23. I'm not one of these parents who assumes every kid is a holdback although I'm sure a few of those guys are. I could care less. Why not play up and see what you can really do?

Lets put it this way, 100% of the Wolfpack team will be at the WSYL in July. Every single kid. I highly doubt ant team going, can say that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me? This is a pretty pathetic post. You think the head coach of a multiple state championship varsity team is going to use holdbacks against 7th graders? Come on. And to say the kids told you that is absolutely ridiculous. Your team is good. I will give the kids and parents credit for that. But Garden City doesn’t play to win in the race to zero of the club lacrosse scene. As you can see, they had 3 ties against teams with varying ability so everyone could play. They play to get kids better and keep them playing for the entirety of high school. Not to win a game tournament in 8th grade. There are 23 kids in 8th grade on that team and everyone plays even time. And 17 of them just finished a middle school football season undefeated and will be going to watch the varsity Long Island championship football game on Friday. So cut the complaining. Cut the excuses. You tied older kids. Some good. Some average. But much different than most B teams you play because there are A players that many of your kids will not be better athletes than. Good luck in Denver. It is a fun tournament. Now go challenge yourself with the best teams in your grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you mean how without your 5 have holdbacks, which are clearly your hole team , . You would be average at best. All 2023 today, don’t listen to the holdback face off kids parents. GC was the only true B team in the bracket and you struggled with us . If it was not for your 2 best players(middies) you would be done.

No horse in race, but I watched the GC team play BBL. That was not a good team. The GC team that played WP was a completely different team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S daddy, is that you?? It is you! Welcome to the conversation. Hoping you can enlighten all of us as to how WP beat BBL in a 14-3 route while GC tied them 5-5. Most rational individuals (including GC obviously) would look at that and say the Pack is going to demolish GC. No point in playing the game.

There you have it folks, another great day for our boys. So proud of them playing and succeeding against 2022’s, in their first real game of the fall season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blatant lying in these posts is uncalled for. Which #/player/position was different for GC? Or did you mean it metaphorically?

Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard