BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 118 of 214 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
we just got our first note from the HS school coach talking about the "team family". What is doesn't mention is that she just finished another season as a high school age YJ coach and has already targeted YJ underclassmen for a call up. The family consists of those that pay to play and get a little preferential treatment on roster spots and playing time. I mean how could you play for the almighty YJ's and not be good enough to play varsity? She essentially HAS to pull these kids up. TOTAL conflict of interest.

Why does she have to pull them up ? Maybe they are just that much better than your kid and the coach wants to win .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the high school teams practicing already? Do most coaches have the girls get together over the winter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the high school teams practicing already? Do most coaches have the girls get together over the winter?

Winter league starts in Suffolk next week, all the best HS programs will be getting at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are those?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you get a schedule? Are you talking about all-star in Selden?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you get a schedule? Are you talking about all-star in Selden?

There are two leagues, one in Selden and one in Deer Park. Some girls do both. The Deer Park (KK) league starts Monday featuring teams such as St. As, Northport, Mt. Sinai, Bayport, and Smithtown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did you get a schedule? Are you talking about all-star in Selden?

The KK Athletics league on Monday nights.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Which teams are those?

Mt Sinai, Northport, Bayport , St Anthony's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another of year of begging for players to play HS in our town has begun again because of weak coaching and ball hogs. The ball isn't shared so girls continue to quit. Our town has won nothing over the years so you would think they would change their thinking but instead we will have a couple of girls on the top of the Newsday scoring list and get bounced in the first round of playoffs again after ducking the competitive teams in the Nassau power conference. The cycle continues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another of year of begging for players to play HS in our town has begun again because of weak coaching and ball hogs. The ball isn't shared so girls continue to quit. Our town has won nothing over the years so you would think they would change their thinking but instead we will have a couple of girls on the top of the Newsday scoring list and get bounced in the first round of playoffs again after ducking the competitive teams in the Nassau power conference. The cycle continues

Get an apartment in Northport they are always up for another free agent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get an apartment in Northport they are always up for another free agent.

That's really funny. I really hope that people take a stand against this unfair behavior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that many girls who play HS are not serious about it. They do it for fun, and are not very good. They regularly drop passes, are too slow, are terrible shooters. On the other hand, there are girls that are so highly skilled that they could play at the college level at 14. This creates a huge dichotomy. You need enough girls to field a team, but only a few can really play at a competitive level, so they "hog the ball", otherwise it would be turnover city. Not sure what the answer is, just my observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your thoughts, your 14 yr old competing in college comment is laughable, but I'm sure your kid can do it. Is this Westhampton, riverhead or Mattituck?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your thoughts, your 14 yr old competing in college comment is laughable, but I'm sure your kid can do it. Is this Westhampton, riverhead or Mattituck?

Hmmmm....Iv'e seen quite a few 14 year olds being the dominant players on their HS teams, beating girls committed to big programs, probably because they are talented and work hard, so east there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmm....Iv'e seen quite a few 14 year olds being the dominant players on their HS teams, beating girls committed to big programs, probably because they are talented and work hard, so east there!

Sound like a YJ jack off parent. My kid is better blah blah blah. Your kid can't keep up blah blah blah. I'm the president of the booster club blah blah blah.

It's a team game and when played right it's beautiful! Too many selfish parents leads to selfish go to goal kids which leads to recruiting and college talk which makes for BAD TEAMS. In the past, the best teams don't have any top 25 scorers because they pass the ball and they, wait for it......... make substitutions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound like a YJ jack off parent. My kid is better blah blah blah. Your kid can't keep up blah blah blah. I'm the president of the booster club blah blah blah.

It's a team game and when played right it's beautiful! Too many selfish parents leads to selfish go to goal kids which leads to recruiting and college talk which makes for BAD TEAMS. In the past, the best teams don't have any top 25 scorers because they pass the ball and they, wait for it......... make substitutions!

You need a team who can catch and throw and run without dropping the ball. When girls constantly turn the ball over, or shoot weak shots to the goalies stick, nobody will pass to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the cowardly dad who has a kid that is embarrassed of them because they know dad is a lost. Its always entertaining when you have a poster who clearly has a problem with a specific person or group of people and is too cowardly to speak directly with them so they hide behind a keyboard like the flaccid lost they are. I would guess your kid was not good enough to be moved up so you are just bitter, grow a pair and speak up.As for the 14 competing in college , thats just someone stirring the pot for you bunch of haters , so sad that you fell for it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So whatever happened with DG getting fired? Was the booze story true? Any effect on her Liberty program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at Yj 19 commits and then get back to us.

was just gonna post this the YJ 2019 class is sick. serious schools my gawd. we are waiting til middles school to chose a serious club but hot dang.. this is a sick schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was just gonna post this the YJ 2019 class is sick. serious schools my gawd. we are waiting til middles school to chose a serious club but hot dang.. this is a sick schools.
just to add, didn’t realize that sacred heart HS has a decent lax program and i presume a decent academic standing given the 2 Duke commits. We are in GC and family is pushing us to Sacred Heart but these property taxes on top of the tuition would be hard to swallow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just to add, didn’t realize that sacred heart HS has a decent lax program and i presume a decent academic standing given the 2 Duke commits. We are in GC and family is pushing us to Sacred Heart but these property taxes on top of the tuition would be hard to swallow.

Please, if you live in GC, you can afford the tuition to Sacred Heart.Period.

You have a choice to send your children there if you want. Don't use property taxes as an excuse. There are plenty of families on Long Island who really can't afford the tuition.

Either way your children with get a great education from GC or SH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SHA is a great school but so is GC, you don't go to Catholic school just for sports, my kids are at SA sometimes sports doesn't always work out. there is so much more to SHA than a good lax team but if your kid is happy in GC why move GC has a stellar rep when it comes to lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can look at the YJ club or any other for that matter. Overall 1.8% of all HS Varsity players get athletic scholarships in college. Lacrosse is one of the easiest paths to get money due to low youth enrollment numbers and because of the amount of colleges adding the sport. Plus when you compare to other sports, there are way more marginal players receiving athletic awards due to the shallow talent pool. There are very few super elite girls out there and a ton of very good ones. That's why once you get outside the top college schools the play drops off a cliff and in this sport top D2 and D3 teams could actually beat the bottom 50% of D1 schools.

Enjoy the ride. There will be opportunities for any girl that wants to continue to play in college. Not just YJ girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the one thing i loved about laxpower was looking at the yearly records of the schools/colleges. This allowed me to attend a few games of schools (NJ/PA) I never heard of and show my daughter she was "Good enough" for college lacrosse. She now needed to be careful that she doesnt under sell herself or else it cold be less competitive than HS. Its not always about D1. if you can live with that then there is truly a place for everyone to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the one thing i loved about laxpower was looking at the yearly records of the schools/colleges. This allowed me to attend a few games of schools (NJ/PA) I never heard of and show my daughter she was "Good enough" for college lacrosse. She now needed to be careful that she doesnt under sell herself or else it cold be less competitive than HS. Its not always about D1. if you can live with that then there is truly a place for everyone to play.

I think your daughter and many would be shocked at how average low D1, D2 and D3 lax is. Everyone that wants to can play in college albeit most without any scholarship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about lax scholarships, they are not really that much money! Pick a great school with a team that your child has a chance of seeing the field.

Biggest help to the pocket is you are done with club lax!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually a lot of that info is still on the Lax Power App. That seems to still have access to their databases. The website is down but try the app.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who cares about lax scholarships, they are not really that much money! Pick a great school with a team that your child has a chance of seeing the field.

Biggest help to the pocket is you are done with club lax![/quote

Why post if you are clueless. First off lax scholarships vary some being book money while others are 150-200k over the course of 4 years .Second if your child was recruited to a school they have a "chance" of seeing the field. Third maybe a player is happy to be a part of a team that is successful regardless of personal playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who cares about lax scholarships, they are not really that much money! Pick a great school with a team that your child has a chance of seeing the field.

Why post if you are clueless. First off lax scholarships vary some being book money while others are 150-200k over the course of 4 years .Second if your child was recruited to a school they have a "chance" of seeing the field. Third maybe a player is happy to be a part of a team that is successful regardless of personal playing time.

completely agree on the above, have two daughters one started with little money and increased each year, the other started with over 50K. so please stop making these notIntelligent blanket statements

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

completely agree on the above, have two daughters one started with little money and increased each year, the other started with over 50K. so please stop making these notIntelligent blanket statements

Congrats she is the best of the best if she got $50k per year. but she is the top 5% of girls. The bottom 95% don't get anything near that amount if anything at all! PLus many schools aren't even fully funded so they don't use the full allotment of NCAA allowable scholarships. Most on this site talk about the very best of players and awards lets talk about the walk on's, the book money awards and the D'3 who get nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats she is the best of the best if she got $50k per year. but she is the top 5% of girls. The bottom 95% don't get anything near that amount if anything at all! PLus many schools aren't even fully funded so they don't use the full allotment of NCAA allowable scholarships. Most on this site talk about the very best of players and awards lets talk about the walk on's, the book money awards and the D'3 who get nothing

More like top .5% or maybe even .1% or less will see that full or near full ride. Before people start crying, yes, full rides do exist. No, they are not common. But there is plenty of scholarship money out there, much more than original poster who doesn’t care about scholarships would think. If you do the math, for all fully funded programs, you will see most programs can give out 40-50% scholarships depending on roster size. If they give out one free ride, you need one kid at 0% or two kids taking 20-25% to offset that. Some would rather fair balance the offerings, but some let the money ride on the blue chips.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice story, but not buying it...anonymous website is a waste...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would need significant academic and need based money to get to that number 99.99% of the time. Also not sure how 30-35 players share 11.6 scholarships and they all get 40-50%, hope your kids math is better than yours

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would need significant academic and need based money to get to that number 99.99% of the time. Also not sure how 30-35 players share 11.6 scholarships and they all get 40-50%, hope your kids math is better than yours

Because there are a quite a few girls on the rosters that get 0. They either walk on, or their parents make so much money they don't need scholarship money and choose to allow the coaches to use it elsewhere. If only 25 of the girls are getting an average of 40% and 5-8 are getting 0 there you have it. Depends on the price of the school. Also remember the 40% of of the whole package not just tuition. A school like Hopkins, Duke, Georgetown,Northwestern can cost upwards of 80-90k for everything. Some kids may get 60-70% while others get 10-20%. Certainly not all that rare for a girl to get 40k - 50k scholarship. The parents may still be on the hook for 40-50k more.

I know some of you don't like facts and prefer to explain why your daughter only got 5% to go to Hofstra, but this is the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIII gets plenty of money, it is called a Merit scholarship. Anyone that is an athlete and can qualify for the school can get support. My son is a good soccer player going to a solid DIII program and getting 1/3 merit money. Grades were very good but not outstanding. Not needs based as we do not qualify. Athletes at DIII programs, particularly those that care about athletics get money!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because there are a quite a few girls on the rosters that get 0. They either walk on, or their parents make so much money they don't need scholarship money and choose to allow the coaches to use it elsewhere. If only 25 of the girls are getting an average of 40% and 5-8 are getting 0 there you have it. Depends on the price of the school. Also remember the 40% of of the whole package not just tuition. A school like Hopkins, Duke, Georgetown,Northwestern can cost upwards of 80-90k for everything. Some kids may get 60-70% while others get 10-20%. Certainly not all that rare for a girl to get 40k - 50k scholarship. The parents may still be on the hook for 40-50k more.

I know some of you don't like facts and prefer to explain why your daughter only got 5% to go to Hofstra, but this is the truth.

I'm willing to bet the schools you listed have zero walk on players, but they do met all need, if you don't make a lot of money there is plenty of need based money, but please don't confuse it with scholarship money. What's included in that upwards of 90K cost of those schools? I have a kid at one of them, is there a tuition increase of 20K scheduled for next year that I wasn't told about? BTW most people with money didn't accumulate it by giving it away, I'm sure very few, if any, tell coaches that they don't want any scholarship money. That entire posts makes you sound very silly and uninformed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all 5o Syracuse girls get money and their are no walk ons? There are a ton of low D1 and D2 schools that don't even get the allowable ncaa scholarship allotments meaning they aren't fully funded. So they are trying to lock up a roster of 28 with 7,8,9,10 scholarships. Go watch some games. The bottom teams in D1 are super average made up with girls that you would never believe are D1 athletes. If your kid wants to play there is definitely a place for her. do your homework

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm willing to bet the schools you listed have zero walk on players, but they do met all need, if you don't make a lot of money there is plenty of need based money, but please don't confuse it with scholarship money. What's included in that upwards of 90K cost of those schools? I have a kid at one of them, is there a tuition increase of 20K scheduled for next year that I wasn't told about? BTW most people with money didn't accumulate it by giving it away, I'm sure very few, if any, tell coaches that they don't want any scholarship money. That entire posts makes you sound very silly and uninformed

Again fake news, most teams have at least one walk on. Even to top ten programs, actually coaches love them because they are usually very smart (they go thorough admissions with no help) and therefore raise the team GPA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all 5o Syracuse girls get money and their are no walk ons? There are a ton of low D1 and D2 schools that don't even get the allowable ncaa scholarship allotments meaning they aren't fully funded. So they are trying to lock up a roster of 28 with 7,8,9,10 scholarships. Go watch some games. The bottom teams in D1 are super average made up with girls that you would never believe are D1 athletes. If your kid wants to play there is definitely a place for her. do your homework
what? who said anything about syracuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 Northwestern girls on the USA U19. Who’s the coach. That’s funny.

Like Reply Quote
Page 118 of 214 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard