BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 37 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To say that Looney’s and DC Express don’t have holdbacks is hilarious.

Looneys has one kid who is older due to pre-first. That is fact. Last year they had 2 but one left to join Crabs. It will probably hurt them this year because their local competition (Crabs, FCA) loaded up on holdbacks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys has one kid who is older due to pre-first. That is fact. Last year they had 2 but one left to join Crabs. It will probably hurt them this year because their local competition (Crabs, FCA) loaded up on holdbacks

At least 2 on Looneys now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This year’s excuse is fewer holdbacks? What was it in 5th-7h grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]To say that Looney’s and DC Express don’t have holdbacks is hilarious.

Didn’t know you needed an excuse when you were a playoff team and lost to the best team in the league in the semifinals. Hawks and Club Blue were the best teams last year. If you need an excuse to be behind them, I am not sure what it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 2 on Looneys now. [redacted].

Don’t do that. Don’t call out players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]To say that Looney’s and DC Express don’t have holdbacks is hilarious.

Didn’t know you needed an excuse when you were a playoff team and lost to the best team in the league in the semifinals. Hawks and Club Blue were the best teams last year. If you need an excuse to be behind them, I am not sure what it is

I am not understanding your comment but it doesn’t even matter anyway. At this point it is very hard to tell who is a good team when there are players added to rosters for one tournament or one game that don’t even live in this state. Or if 1/2 a team is older than another team. Playing in tournaments picked by Club Directors, run by Club Directors who make the schedule in their favor. How can you even tell anymore who is a good team? No excuses, not a Looney’s parent but I could care a less any more about wins and losses. As long as my son is having fun, learning and wants to continue playing a sport he loves then I will gladly have him play for a team that doesn’t do anything it takes for a “W”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not understanding your comment but it doesn’t even matter anyway. At this point it is very hard to tell who is a good team when there are players added to rosters for one tournament or one game that don’t even live in this state. Or if 1/2 a team is older than another team. Playing in tournaments picked by Club Directors, run by Club Directors who make the schedule in their favor. How can you even tell anymore who is a good team? No excuses, not a Looney’s parent but I could care a less any more about wins and losses. As long as my son is having fun, learning and wants to continue playing a sport he loves then I will gladly have him play for a team that doesn’t do anything it takes for a “W”.

"Learning"? That is what is getting lost in Club lacrosse. It's becoming more about the "W". Player development has taken a backseat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Learning"? That is what is getting lost in Club lacrosse. It's becoming more about the "W". Player development has taken a backseat.

Be wary of the clubs that preach "player development". They are the first ones that start flying in replacements when their player development curriculum doesn't equate to wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had best talent for a B-more team and underachieved last year. Dreadful the prior two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s calling out players to state a fact that teammate and opponents know? This is 8th grade. These kids have been lacrosse for 10 years now. Everyone knows who they are. The whole system is broken. It’s like the steroid era in baseball. Because of some that gain an advantage, all are accused.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s calling out players to state a fact that teammate and opponents know? This is 8th grade. These kids have been lacrosse for 10 years now. The whole system is broken. It’s like the steroid era in baseball. Because of some that gain an advantage, all are accused.

Doesn’t mean you come on a public forum and call out two players by position. donk move no matter how you spin it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing about the hold back - reclass issue is that the parents who get the most bent out of shape about this are NOT the parents of the kids who play these teams. It is mostly the parents of the kids who are on these teams. Parents really have little way of knowing which kid is older unless they are on the same team. However, if your kid is not able to get on the field because he has to compete for playing time with an older kids that is what causes stress for the parents. In addition, the holdback teams also tend to bring in guests who are older and do not know the team or the offensive scheme. The guest players are bigger and stronger and run through defenses to score while ignoring the loyal on age kid's parents who are screaming on the sideline, "he is wide open."

Exactly right. Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s calling out players to state a fact that teammate and opponents know? This is 8th grade. These kids have been lacrosse for 10 years now. The whole system is broken. It’s like the steroid era in baseball. Because of some that gain an advantage, all are accused.

Doesn’t mean you come on a public forum and call out two players by position. donk move no matter how you spin it.

You parents are the biggest hypocrites. Give your kids unfair advantage, come in here and say on age kids should hit the wall, then complain when someone points out by referring to a position that has 5-6 kids, Ok. Just know that parents and players talk about you on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I find funny is in the showcase high school age tournaments the waivers ask for age of player. But the college coaches print outs and folders never put the kids age. Only Name, Email, School and college if they have one. So what does this tell us. They do not care at all who is older or younger they only care how this kid in front of them plays with these kids starting college the same year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I find funny is in the showcase high school age tournaments the waivers ask for age of player. But the college coaches print outs and folders never put the kids age. Only Name, Email, School and college if they have one. So what does this tell us. They do not care at all who is older or younger they only care how this kid in front of them plays with these kids starting college the same year.

Complete garbage. I actually heard a D1 Coach talking about how old a kid was in relation to others. He was actually laughing about it to another coach. Not sure how many do it. But some do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched McDonough's free clinic today. Bunch of kids from Crabs, Looneys and 91, along with a few from other teams. There were about 4-5 Crabs attack and middies who were huge. Not saying they are all holdbacks (my kid is pretty big and the "right" age) and some of them need to work on their stick skills, but putting that kind of size and speed on the same team is going to cause a lot of problems for the opposition.

And, it was funny to hear a 91 parent confident about their chances in the Elite division because of their star holdback. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a joke. Those kids could not make the elite teams. Have never won a hoco Elite game. Don’t belong in that division. Yet you include them in your surveillance report. And I comment. Most of the kids you refer to are not on age. But those are the rules. So dumb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched McDonough's free clinic today. Bunch of kids from Crabs, Looneys and 91, along with a few from other teams. There were about 4-5 Crabs attack and middies who were huge. Not saying they are all holdbacks (my kid is pretty big and the "right" age) and some of them need to work on their stick skills, but putting that kind of size and speed on the same team is going to cause a lot of problems for the opposition.

And, it was funny to hear a 91 parent confident about their chances in the Elite division because of their star holdback. smile

Any hawks or dc dogs out there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some Hawks. Not sure about DC Dogs. Was mostly going by helmets because kids were wearing random pinnies and DC Dogs helmets don't really jump out to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure Dogs were playing a tournament. In 2022 division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a joke. Those kids could not make the elite teams. Have never won a hoco Elite game. Don’t belong in that division. Yet you include them in your surveillance report. And I comment. Most of the kids you refer to are not on age. But those are the rules. So dumb.

Jealous you didnt make team ! Or get coached by top talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYSTEM IS NOT BROKEN, If you play elite expect half the kids are hold backs. In 8th grade expect 60-70 of kids are hold backs. play AA or A and enjoy watching your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they should 80 percent are hold backs...fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold-backs are part of the game . Hockey took care of the problem by making you play your birth year which levels the playing field. However Club lacrosse is big business so don't look for them to change system. Ultimately, if you are good they will find you, even if its in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade . Most importantly keep your kids loving the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Are you serious with this? Jealous of what? Playing for a team that cannot win elite division games? That would be embarrassing to claim to be elite but get blasted every game. And coached by top talent? Do you know who coaches the team? It ain’t #9.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold-backs are part of the game . Hockey took care of the problem by making you play your birth year which levels the playing field. However Club lacrosse is big business so don't look for them to change system. Ultimately, if you are good they will find you, even if its in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade . Most importantly keep your kids loving the game.

Don't you guys ever get tired of this conversation? Got anything else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There does not appear to be anything wrong with previous point and I must agree, keep the players loving a great game. But your reply sounds exactly what I would expect from a club leader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYSTEM IS NOT BROKEN, If you play elite expect half the kids are hold backs. In 8th grade expect 60-70 of kids are hold backs. play AA or A and enjoy watching your kid.

What would the 2023 rankings look like if the age cut-off was 9-30-2004? What if it was 1-1-2005? 98% of kids in 8th grade fall into this range. Tell me again why the system is NOT broken?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you guys ever get tired of this conversation? Got anything else?

Honestly youth soccer is a far bigger business and they addressed a few years back. Difference with Lax is the people making the rules are the same ones making the money. Lax has no real National or international oversite willing to dictate whats best for the game. Don’t be fooled LAX is a minor sport in this country, outside a few markets it’s not even offered as a sport to the youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What would the 2023 rankings look like if the age cut-off was 9-30-2004? What if it was 1-1-2005? 98% of kids in 8th grade fall into this range. Tell me again why the system is NOT broken?

It would not be 2023 rankings, it would be U14 or 2005. Currently the system is grade based, so it is not broken,

What is broken is parent's believing that their child is getting better by holding back a year and playing against younger players. What happened to having the desire to play up a year or even two?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know who coaches the team? It ain’t #9.

Pretty sure he will be coaching 2023. Can't imagine him letting anyone else do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to having the desire to play up a year or even two?

Pretty much what the on age kids on "elite" teams are doing now. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats funny...Being on age and playing up at correct grade ! Sad but true with modern lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Are you serious with this? Jealous of what? Playing for a team that cannot win elite division games? That would be embarrassing to claim to be elite but get blasted every game. And coached by top talent? Do you know who coaches the team? It ain’t #9, .

You obviously dont know .. He will be coach of his relatives with 100% accuracy in Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop all the crying with holdbacks. One of the top 2022 elite teams have zero. Times are changing with the recruiting new rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This forum needs a like button.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Are you serious with this? Jealous of what? Playing for a team that cannot win elite division games? That would be embarrassing to claim to be elite but get blasted every game. And coached by top talent? Do you know who coaches the team?

You obviously dont know. He will be coach of his relatives with 100% accuracy in Spring.

Then he should have committed to it for the full year and advertised it before tryouts. He would have drawn better talent and overhauled the team. The current coaches and their buddy dads would be in search a new team in a different division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop all the crying with holdbacks. One of the top 2022 elite teams have zero. Times are changing with the recruiting new rules.

This is the 2023 forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously dont know . He will be coach of his relatives with 100% accuracy in Spring.

I assumed so as well until this morning when I got an email:

"Team 91 MD 2022 FIRE is looking for one elite midfielder to finalize its roster for summer 2019"

The email says: "The roster is loaded with future D1 candidates and is led by National HOFer and MLL mvp Mark Millon, NCAA recorder holder Austin Stewart, and head coach at Elizabethtown College Chris Perzinski."

Is the email simply being deceptive about the 22 team being "led" by MM, but he'll actually be the coach of 23?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the 2023 forum.

Yes, this is the 2023 forum but many of the kids on the Elite teams grew up with the kids on the 2022 teams and were in the same grade so the parents still care and follow these teams.

Page 17 of 37 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard