Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sayville should bein the mix as well.

As should Harborfields

Teams to watch in the B league- Harborfields, East Islip and Comsewogue

Teams to watch in the C League- Mt. Sinai, Islip , SWR and Sayville.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #275802
11/06/18 08:11 AM
11/06/18 08:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Harborfields graduated their do everything all-American-who did in fact do everything for them. He will not be replaced. I see them dropping back to mediocrity.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #275814
11/06/18 09:29 AM
11/06/18 09:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Harborfields graduated their do everything all-American-who did in fact do everything for them. He will not be replaced. I see them dropping back to mediocrity.

Says the elitist lax dad who is still bitter about being beaten last year. Surprised that you're ignorant enough to suggest that one player won them a Suffolk County championship. You really should be smarter than that. The "do everything all-American" in fact wasn't All-American. He was, however, a great player that was a huge part of their success because he stepped up big time and lead. HF runs a solid year-round program that the kids buy into, has great coaches and returns a bunch of starters from last season. Look for them to be anything but mediocre or risk having to come up with another lame excuse as to why you lost.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #275837
11/06/18 12:37 PM
11/06/18 12:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed on all of the above about HF. I thought he was HM AA. Perhaps I erred-he certainly should've been if he wasn't.
Just stating will be shocked if they have the same success this year. Good luck. I'll wish you congratulations if you do and you can set your rose colored glasses aside if you don't Mr. soft skin, offended cheerleader! Yeah, your first LI championship and county title appearance ever(?), no reason you shouldn't expect that to happen again this year--maybe give a little credit to those just graduated that brought you to those lofty levels. hammerhead.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #275852
11/06/18 02:29 PM
11/06/18 02:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed on all of the above about HF. I thought he was HM AA. Perhaps I erred-he certainly should've been if he wasn't.
Just stating will be shocked if they have the same success this year. Good luck. I'll wish you congratulations if you do and you can set your rose colored glasses aside if you don't Mr. soft skin, offended cheerleader! Yeah, your first LI championship and county title appearance ever(?), no reason you shouldn't expect that to happen again this year--maybe give a little credit to those just graduated that brought you to those lofty levels. hammerhead.

Mr. Soft Skin, offended cheerleader?...that's just not nice. Again, you should be a little smarter if you feel the need to contribute to a thread. Reading comprehension is clearly not a strength. But I get it, so here goes. The original post was about "teams to watch". I never suggested that HF "expects" to win a county championship this year but it is obviously the goal of each coach and player. By the way, it was HF's first county title win in 26 years. The last time they won was in '92 when all three current coaches played on that team. Everyone in the program now knows how hard it is to accomplish, doesn't take it lightly and stays confident yet humble. Anyway, in your original post, you immediately categorized the team as now being mediocre because one player graduated, you never gave credit to the others that you now mention who brought us to "those lofty levels". So, who is really the "hammerhead" here? Me thinks it's you. Tough to backtrack when you put something in writing. The kids that graduated were all talented but certainly not "irreplaceable", not even the "do everything all-American that did everything". I hope that the parents, coaches and players of whatever lax dynasty you come from feel the same each year. Next man up, right? Now go back and re-read this a few times before your next swiss cheese response. And try to hold back on the name calling, it doesn't do you or your elegant prose any justice.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #275877
11/06/18 04:41 PM
11/06/18 04:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You started the name calling "ignorant" , "elitist"; So careful with your stones in your glass house. Congrats to all the boys returning in your program and the coaches. Great year. Good luck this season. And, the kid WAS that good. I can't see the future and I have no need to continue arguing with you behind a screen. Will check back in re: Harborfields in June.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #275888
11/06/18 05:31 PM
11/06/18 05:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You started the name calling "ignorant" , "elitist"; So careful with your stones in your glass house. Congrats to all the boys returning in your program and the coaches. Great year. Good luck this season. And, the kid WAS that good. I can't see the future and I have no need to continue arguing with you behind a screen. Will check back in re: Harborfields in June.

'nuff said

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #275898
11/06/18 07:47 PM
11/06/18 07:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'nuff said

GO WEST ISLIP !!!!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #275917
11/07/18 08:44 AM
11/07/18 08:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Harborfields? Not even the best team in the town of Huntington... Probably 4th, maybe not even, behind in no particular order Northport, CSH and the Hills'

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #276030
11/08/18 04:14 PM
11/08/18 04:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Suffolk II, many of the teams being talked about now have been very good through the years.

East Islip, ESM, Rocky Point, Comsewogue and of course Hills (but like Smithtown, Hills gets split for HS) were the best in this group. Harborfields if i remember correctly were never in the conversation of "better" teams. Last year, they were able to blend with a very good '18. Next year they will have a few 20's but not sure how they will blend next year. In my eyes your '18 from last year will be hard to be replaced. Yes next man up for every team but please dont diminish the value of Last years player. East Ilsip lost a good Goalie next man up. Rocky Point lost a FO next man up
ESM was always built around a talented '19 bunch. Hills has some good talent but do they have a goalie or Fogo

Will the young guns at SWR and Mt Sinai steer the ship. But really, has the wool been pulled off and uncovered that this is a weak league. Will Sayville and BBP just be a bump in the road, for SWR and Mt Sinai or true contenders. Islip, surprised we dont hear more about their goalie, they have two very underrated Sr's. Can they put the team on their back. will Kings Park or Miller Place have a say?

129 days

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #276060
11/09/18 11:47 AM
11/09/18 11:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beware of the stones coming your way for speaking the TRUTH. Well said above.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #276064
11/09/18 12:30 PM
11/09/18 12:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another one w/ a crystal ball either condemning or praising teams they actually know little about. Laughable. Too bad this isn't a horse racing forum where we could turn your wisdom into some cash

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #276066
11/09/18 12:55 PM
11/09/18 12:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Know nothing about." LOL. Ok Coach. We all watched youth lacrosse for years, club lacrosse and have seen high school games in the fall, summer and spring and know the rosters and who is who pretty darn well by this point. So you may know your team inside and out but we can all shape our opinions and views on teams as whole based on what we have witnessed over the last decade so unless a family with stud triplets has moved into Centerport that no one knows about I feel pretty good about my opinion (which is what a forum is right? a place to share opinions) and I certainly respect and agree with the fella that wrote his eloquent assessment on League 2 in his view which i think is pretty spot on. We get it, you think Harbofields is great. Keep fighting all the of all the other guys that think their teams might be greater! Sorry to ruin your weekend. Sorry for the run on sentence.. back to work. Thanks for the break.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #276108
11/10/18 03:25 AM
11/10/18 03:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm used to it. Last year I blogged more on div 1. than div 2. The break down of b/c caught me off guard. The harborfields person knows I am right. Half the people who read it know I'm right. I like his positivism. I am hyped for the teams I follow.

Harborfields, listen, for all your boys did LY they still surprised me. The tough early losses threw me for a loop, which cast my doubt at the end. This year if you have quality wins early I'll give you your props. (Throw insults my way that I know nothing okay). But, I think you guys are like ESM last year, your young guys play with to much emotion to easy to get under their skin. Perhaps I know where they get it from. I thought ESM would have been better LY but they were young and to aggressive, some leadership over there a year wiser will fit them well. I still hate to like them. But Sewogue and west have marque players, hype or hope.

Oh before I forget, did HWest pick up 2 transfers or was that all summer rumors. Or is 2 really just 1.

Good luck in FB for now.

Reply Quote
Page 352 of 355 1 2 350 351 352 353 354 355
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification