A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]To say that Looney’s and DC Express don’t have holdbacks is hilarious.

Looneys has one kid who is older due to pre-first. That is fact. Last year they had 2 but one left to join Crabs. It will probably hurt them this year because their local competition (Crabs, FCA) loaded up on holdbacks

Didn’t know you needed an excuse when you were a playoff team and lost to the best team in the league in the semifinals. Hawks and Club Blue were the best teams last year. If you need an excuse to be behind them, I am not sure what it is

I am not understanding your comment but it doesn’t even matter anyway. At this point it is very hard to tell who is a good team when there are players added to rosters for one tournament or one game that don’t even live in this state. Or if 1/2 a team is older than another team. Playing in tournaments picked by Club Directors, run by Club Directors who make the schedule in their favor. How can you even tell anymore who is a good team? No excuses, not a Looney’s parent but I could care a less any more about wins and losses. As long as my son is having fun, learning and wants to continue playing a sport he loves then I will gladly have him play for a team that doesn’t do anything it takes for a “W”.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276004
11/08/18 09:37 AM
11/08/18 09:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]To say that Looney’s and DC Express don’t have holdbacks is hilarious.

Looneys has one kid who is older due to pre-first. That is fact. Last year they had 2 but one left to join Crabs. It will probably hurt them this year because their local competition (Crabs, FCA) loaded up on holdbacks

Didn’t know you needed an excuse when you were a playoff team and lost to the best team in the league in the semifinals. Hawks and Club Blue were the best teams last year. If you need an excuse to be behind them, I am not sure what it is

I am not understanding your comment but it doesn’t even matter anyway. At this point it is very hard to tell who is a good team when there are players added to rosters for one tournament or one game that don’t even live in this state. Or if 1/2 a team is older than another team. Playing in tournaments picked by Club Directors, run by Club Directors who make the schedule in their favor. How can you even tell anymore who is a good team? No excuses, not a Looney’s parent but I could care a less any more about wins and losses. As long as my son is having fun, learning and wants to continue playing a sport he loves then I will gladly have him play for a team that doesn’t do anything it takes for a “W”.

"Learning"? That is what is getting lost in Club lacrosse. It's becoming more about the "W". Player development has taken a backseat.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276006
11/08/18 09:47 AM
11/08/18 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Learning"? That is what is getting lost in Club lacrosse. It's becoming more about the "W". Player development has taken a backseat.

Be wary of the clubs that preach "player development". They are the first ones that start flying in replacements when their player development curriculum doesn't equate to wins.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276011
11/08/18 12:46 PM
11/08/18 12:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had best talent for a B-more team and underachieved last year. Dreadful the prior two.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276012
11/08/18 12:51 PM
11/08/18 12:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 2 on Looneys now. [redacted].

Don’t do that. Don’t call out players.

It’s calling out players to state a fact that teammate and opponents know? This is 8th grade. These kids have been lacrosse for 10 years now. Everyone knows who they are. The whole system is broken. It’s like the steroid era in baseball. Because of some that gain an advantage, all are accused.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276024
11/08/18 02:28 PM
11/08/18 02:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s calling out players to state a fact that teammate and opponents know? This is 8th grade. These kids have been lacrosse for 10 years now. The whole system is broken. It’s like the steroid era in baseball. Because of some that gain an advantage, all are accused.

Doesn’t mean you come on a public forum and call out two players by position. donk move no matter how you spin it.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276040
11/08/18 10:14 PM
11/08/18 10:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing about the hold back - reclass issue is that the parents who get the most bent out of shape about this are NOT the parents of the kids who play these teams. It is mostly the parents of the kids who are on these teams. Parents really have little way of knowing which kid is older unless they are on the same team. However, if your kid is not able to get on the field because he has to compete for playing time with an older kids that is what causes stress for the parents. In addition, the holdback teams also tend to bring in guests who are older and do not know the team or the offensive scheme. The guest players are bigger and stronger and run through defenses to score while ignoring the loyal on age kid's parents who are screaming on the sideline, "he is wide open."

Exactly right. Well said.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276042
11/09/18 06:02 AM
11/09/18 06:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s calling out players to state a fact that teammate and opponents know? This is 8th grade. These kids have been lacrosse for 10 years now. The whole system is broken. It’s like the steroid era in baseball. Because of some that gain an advantage, all are accused.

Doesn’t mean you come on a public forum and call out two players by position. donk move no matter how you spin it.

You parents are the biggest hypocrites. Give your kids unfair advantage, come in here and say on age kids should hit the wall, then complain when someone points out by referring to a position that has 5-6 kids, Ok. Just know that parents and players talk about you on the sidelines.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #276053
11/09/18 11:05 AM
11/09/18 11:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing I find funny is in the showcase high school age tournaments the waivers ask for age of player. But the college coaches print outs and folders never put the kids age. Only Name, Email, School and college if they have one. So what does this tell us. They do not care at all who is older or younger they only care how this kid in front of them plays with these kids starting college the same year.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276093
11/09/18 08:08 PM
11/09/18 08:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing I find funny is in the showcase high school age tournaments the waivers ask for age of player. But the college coaches print outs and folders never put the kids age. Only Name, Email, School and college if they have one. So what does this tell us. They do not care at all who is older or younger they only care how this kid in front of them plays with these kids starting college the same year.

Complete garbage. I actually heard a D1 Coach talking about how old a kid was in relation to others. He was actually laughing about it to another coach. Not sure how many do it. But some do

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #276126
11/10/18 06:31 PM
11/10/18 06:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched McDonough's free clinic today. Bunch of kids from Crabs, Looneys and 91, along with a few from other teams. There were about 4-5 Crabs attack and middies who were huge. Not saying they are all holdbacks (my kid is pretty big and the "right" age) and some of them need to work on their stick skills, but putting that kind of size and speed on the same team is going to cause a lot of problems for the opposition.

And, it was funny to hear a 91 parent confident about their chances in the Elite division because of their star holdback. smile

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #276165
11/11/18 11:24 AM
11/11/18 11:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is a joke. Those kids could not make the elite teams. Have never won a hoco Elite game. Don’t belong in that division. Yet you include them in your surveillance report. And I comment. Most of the kids you refer to are not on age. But those are the rules. So dumb.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276192
11/11/18 06:21 PM
11/11/18 06:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched McDonough's free clinic today. Bunch of kids from Crabs, Looneys and 91, along with a few from other teams. There were about 4-5 Crabs attack and middies who were huge. Not saying they are all holdbacks (my kid is pretty big and the "right" age) and some of them need to work on their stick skills, but putting that kind of size and speed on the same team is going to cause a lot of problems for the opposition.

And, it was funny to hear a 91 parent confident about their chances in the Elite division because of their star holdback. smile

Any hawks or dc dogs out there?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276210
11/11/18 10:08 PM
11/11/18 10:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some Hawks. Not sure about DC Dogs. Was mostly going by helmets because kids were wearing random pinnies and DC Dogs helmets don't really jump out to me.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276315
11/12/18 07:37 PM
11/12/18 07:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure Dogs were playing a tournament. In 2022 division.

Reply Quote
Page 44 of 47 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification