BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 132 of 264 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The greatest crime being committed today is the burdening of college bound students with back breaking debt. I coach a few kids who are choosing SUNY schools (Bing and Geneseo) instead of privates because of the final cost. I really can't blame and I thought it was a brave decision. Walking away from better programs to attend college without the immense debt.

So true! Life is bigger than Lacrosse. These kids have to carefully weigh their options. Ivies are not the best option for all kids, but a home run for others. Basically best for those at opposite ends of the financial spectrum.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question, with national letters of intents being signed soon, I have heard in prior years of boys who hadn't made the grade or rather SAT thresholds and had to switch. This year that doesn't seem to be the issue. Are this years crop of players as a whole just that much smarter? All I keep hearing are scores north of 1300. What does a 90's student need? What schools do you need it at? Or are schools much more lenient than past years or is it just much quitier?

What schools do you need a
1100+
1200+
1300+
1400+
1500+

That is one of the reasons that Tierney left Princeton and headed West To Denver. The new President didn't want to sacrifice the education standards to let a few lax players in. He also didn't want to give money to "Wall Street Lawyers" Kids, as I heard it. Same with Dartmouth, they won't let a player in if they don't qualify.

Hmmm I think Tierny started seeing the direction that the school was going in regards to the overall student body at Princeton. He and his wife also wanted to go West.

As a general rule, the Ivies require a 1300 or better, however, I know of one kid, who is not even a top recruit, who was told he needs a 1250 for Yale. Also, Ivies are not allowed to give athletic money. They only give need based aid. So it's only a good choice for kids with unlimited funds, or those with family income below 200k, where the aid can be better than the typical lax scholarship at other good schools. For a typical lax family with an income in the 300k range, although Ivies will provide a great opportunity for a high paying job, there will also be massive debt involved.

Need base aid is given to incomes 60k or under. My daughter just graduated from a Ivy and that was the amount at her school.
We also have a cousin who is playing lax at Yale. His HS grades were a 94 average and an 28 ACT. Every school is different but generally most Ivys (not all) will take an athlete with below what most kids need to get in. Seems the cutoff is a 90 average or better for ivy lax players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question, with national letters of intents being signed soon, I have heard in prior years of boys who hadn't made the grade or rather SAT thresholds and had to switch. This year that doesn't seem to be the issue. Are this years crop of players as a whole just that much smarter? All I keep hearing are scores north of 1300. What does a 90's student need? What schools do you need it at? Or are schools much more lenient than past years or is it just much quitier?

What schools do you need a
1100+
1200+
1300+
1400+
1500+

That is one of the reasons that Tierney left Princeton and headed West To Denver. The new President didn't want to sacrifice the education standards to let a few lax players in. He also didn't want to give money to "Wall Street Lawyers" Kids, as I heard it. Same with Dartmouth, they won't let a player in if they don't qualify.

Hmmm I think Tierny started seeing the direction that the school was going in regards to the overall student body at Princeton. He and his wife also wanted to go West.

As a general rule, the Ivies require a 1300 or better, however, I know of one kid, who is not even a top recruit, who was told he needs a 1250 for Yale. Also, Ivies are not allowed to give athletic money. They only give need based aid. So it's only a good choice for kids with unlimited funds, or those with family income below 200k, where the aid can be better than the typical lax scholarship at other good schools. For a typical lax family with an income in the 300k range, although Ivies will provide a great opportunity for a high paying job, there will also be massive debt involved.

Need base aid is given to incomes 60k or under. My daughter just graduated from a Ivy and that was the amount at her school.
We also have a cousin who is playing lax at Yale. His HS grades were a 94 average and an 28 ACT. Every school is different but generally most Ivys (not all) will take an athlete with below what most kids need to get in. Seems the cutoff is a 90 average or better for ivy lax players.

It’may be 60k or under for a complete full ride including room board and books at certain Ivies. Some Ivies have an enven higher threshold for the full ride. It slides from there. For example those with an income of about 150k will pay about 20k for a70k school. Don’t take my word for it, all the Ivies have cost estimate calculators on their web sites. What makes these schools special, is that they are so well endowed, they can be generous in making it affordable for those privileged to be accepted. They give only need based aid, no money for merit or athletics is allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
State playoff format will not be changed back anytime soon. Down state/updtate was instituted to reduce cost and travel time for schools.

Same topic on girls HS site.

I get the cost but doesn't give a true representation of state championship. The top schools should not play first round every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At one time I think that 1250 or 28 was good for ivy, but now those scores can only be top tier players. The bar has moved the past few (2) years for a good or solid player. Thinking 1400 32 are closer to the mark for lower tier players with promise

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It DOES give a true representation of the State Champion, just not necessarily the State Runner-up...so it really doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It DOES give a true representation of the State Champion, just not necessarily the State Runner-up...so it really doesn't matter.

No, looking at it at a simple 1 game series it might but the road through XI is much deeper than the other leagues. Each year there should be a round robin effect of the leagues that play each other.

I would say there are maybe 4 leagues that could stake a claim to this theory. It should be done like the tournament of Champions. Rank teams and have them play accordingly Highest vs Lowest until there are two left standing. How can Nj and Ct do it. you will say the states size isnt so large, I call it BS and laziness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The greatest crime being committed today is the burdening of college bound students with back breaking debt. I coach a few kids who are choosing SUNY schools (Bing and Geneseo) instead of privates because of the final cost. I really can't blame and I thought it was a brave decision. Walking away from better programs to attend college without the immense debt.

So true! Life is bigger than Lacrosse. These kids have to carefully weigh their options. Ivies are not the best option for all kids, but a home run for others. Basically best for those at opposite ends of the financial spectrum.

Attend a good school and MAYBE play or attend a good to great school and have a great time playing and getting education. My buddies soon attending a top 20 program's school, hated it, felt like a slave even after winning national champ a few years ago. Just know what you are signing up for. They own your azz.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, looking at it at a simple 1 game series it might but the road through XI is much deeper than the other leagues. Each year there should be a round robin effect of the leagues that play each other.

I would say there are maybe 4 leagues that could stake a claim to this theory. It should be done like the tournament of Champions. Rank teams and have them play accordingly Highest vs Lowest until there are two left standing. How can Nj and Ct do it. you will say the states size isnt so large, I call it BS and laziness.

YES! YES! I was just saying this on the lady lax forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is St. Dominics lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few very good players, but no depth...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat Chaminade every year, lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes there starters can hang in there, but when they go to their second lines that's when the depth issues come in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Suffolk A Division this year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes there starters can hang in there, but when they go to their second lines that's when the depth issues come in.

Are they competitive in their games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington will be a contender with the new head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington will be a contender with the new head coach.

Don't count out West Islip they have a bunch of young talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington will not contend. They may be more competitive than last year but they have zero chance of finishing in the top 4. ZERO. And only slightly higher chance of finishing in the top 6. Tell that to "Stick" and for him to stick it.rvkk8v

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to all the players this weekend playing in the travel games at Sachem will be a ton of coaches and talent ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington will not contend. They may be more competitive than last year but they have zero chance of finishing in the top 4. ZERO. And only slightly higher chance of finishing in the top 6. Tell that to "Stick" and for him to stick it.rvkk8v

Ouch big dog. "Stick" says your son isn't good enough and apologizes that your son has to deal with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. Goes to show even further that stick does not know what he is talking about and taking stabs in the dark about me and my relationship with my sons... His Blue Devil bias and inferiority complex clouds his judgement. Not meant to disparage Huntington, just a matter of what they have to put on the field. Cham, Img and St. A's have depleted them-nothing against the good people... Good luck. Hope I'm wrong on the Huntington call, but doubtful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. Goes to show even further that stick does not know what he is talking about and taking stabs in the dark about me and my relationship with my sons... His Blue Devil bias and inferiority complex clouds his judgement. Not meant to disparage Huntington, just a matter of what they have to put on the field. Cham, Img and St. A's have depleted them-nothing against the good people... Good luck. Hope I'm wrong on the Huntington call, but doubtful.

JUST STAY IN FLORIDA !!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUST STAY IN FLORIDA !!!!!!!!

REALLY ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FREDDY!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville should bein the mix as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As should Harborfields

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As should Harborfields

Teams to watch in the B league- Harborfields, East Islip and Comsewogue

Teams to watch in the C League- Mt. Sinai, Islip , SWR and Sayville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harborfields graduated their do everything all-American-who did in fact do everything for them. He will not be replaced. I see them dropping back to mediocrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harborfields graduated their do everything all-American-who did in fact do everything for them. He will not be replaced. I see them dropping back to mediocrity.

Says the elitist lax dad who is still bitter about being beaten last year. Surprised that you're ignorant enough to suggest that one player won them a Suffolk County championship. You really should be smarter than that. The "do everything all-American" in fact wasn't All-American. He was, however, a great player that was a huge part of their success because he stepped up big time and lead. HF runs a solid year-round program that the kids buy into, has great coaches and returns a bunch of starters from last season. Look for them to be anything but mediocre or risk having to come up with another lame excuse as to why you lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on all of the above about HF. I thought he was HM AA. Perhaps I erred-he certainly should've been if he wasn't.
Just stating will be shocked if they have the same success this year. Good luck. I'll wish you congratulations if you do and you can set your rose colored glasses aside if you don't Mr. soft skin, offended cheerleader! Yeah, your first LI championship and county title appearance ever(?), no reason you shouldn't expect that to happen again this year--maybe give a little credit to those just graduated that brought you to those lofty levels. hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on all of the above about HF. I thought he was HM AA. Perhaps I erred-he certainly should've been if he wasn't.
Just stating will be shocked if they have the same success this year. Good luck. I'll wish you congratulations if you do and you can set your rose colored glasses aside if you don't Mr. soft skin, offended cheerleader! Yeah, your first LI championship and county title appearance ever(?), no reason you shouldn't expect that to happen again this year--maybe give a little credit to those just graduated that brought you to those lofty levels. hammerhead.

Mr. Soft Skin, offended cheerleader?...that's just not nice. Again, you should be a little smarter if you feel the need to contribute to a thread. Reading comprehension is clearly not a strength. But I get it, so here goes. The original post was about "teams to watch". I never suggested that HF "expects" to win a county championship this year but it is obviously the goal of each coach and player. By the way, it was HF's first county title win in 26 years. The last time they won was in '92 when all three current coaches played on that team. Everyone in the program now knows how hard it is to accomplish, doesn't take it lightly and stays confident yet humble. Anyway, in your original post, you immediately categorized the team as now being mediocre because one player graduated, you never gave credit to the others that you now mention who brought us to "those lofty levels". So, who is really the "hammerhead" here? Me thinks it's you. Tough to backtrack when you put something in writing. The kids that graduated were all talented but certainly not "irreplaceable", not even the "do everything all-American that did everything". I hope that the parents, coaches and players of whatever lax dynasty you come from feel the same each year. Next man up, right? Now go back and re-read this a few times before your next swiss cheese response. And try to hold back on the name calling, it doesn't do you or your elegant prose any justice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You started the name calling "ignorant" , "elitist"; So careful with your stones in your glass house. Congrats to all the boys returning in your program and the coaches. Great year. Good luck this season. And, the kid WAS that good. I can't see the future and I have no need to continue arguing with you behind a screen. Will check back in re: Harborfields in June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You started the name calling "ignorant" , "elitist"; So careful with your stones in your glass house. Congrats to all the boys returning in your program and the coaches. Great year. Good luck this season. And, the kid WAS that good. I can't see the future and I have no need to continue arguing with you behind a screen. Will check back in re: Harborfields in June.

'nuff said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'nuff said

GO WEST ISLIP !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harborfields? Not even the best team in the town of Huntington... Probably 4th, maybe not even, behind in no particular order Northport, CSH and the Hills'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Suffolk II, many of the teams being talked about now have been very good through the years.

East Islip, ESM, Rocky Point, Comsewogue and of course Hills (but like Smithtown, Hills gets split for HS) were the best in this group. Harborfields if i remember correctly were never in the conversation of "better" teams. Last year, they were able to blend with a very good '18. Next year they will have a few 20's but not sure how they will blend next year. In my eyes your '18 from last year will be hard to be replaced. Yes next man up for every team but please dont diminish the value of Last years player. East Ilsip lost a good Goalie next man up. Rocky Point lost a FO next man up
ESM was always built around a talented '19 bunch. Hills has some good talent but do they have a goalie or Fogo

Will the young guns at SWR and Mt Sinai steer the ship. But really, has the wool been pulled off and uncovered that this is a weak league. Will Sayville and BBP just be a bump in the road, for SWR and Mt Sinai or true contenders. Islip, surprised we dont hear more about their goalie, they have two very underrated Sr's. Can they put the team on their back. will Kings Park or Miller Place have a say?

129 days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware of the stones coming your way for speaking the TRUTH. Well said above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another one w/ a crystal ball either condemning or praising teams they actually know little about. Laughable. Too bad this isn't a horse racing forum where we could turn your wisdom into some cash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Know nothing about." LOL. Ok Coach. We all watched youth lacrosse for years, club lacrosse and have seen high school games in the fall, summer and spring and know the rosters and who is who pretty darn well by this point. So you may know your team inside and out but we can all shape our opinions and views on teams as whole based on what we have witnessed over the last decade so unless a family with stud triplets has moved into Centerport that no one knows about I feel pretty good about my opinion (which is what a forum is right? a place to share opinions) and I certainly respect and agree with the fella that wrote his eloquent assessment on League 2 in his view which i think is pretty spot on. We get it, you think Harbofields is great. Keep fighting all the of all the other guys that think their teams might be greater! Sorry to ruin your weekend. Sorry for the run on sentence.. back to work. Thanks for the break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm used to it. Last year I blogged more on div 1. than div 2. The break down of b/c caught me off guard. The harborfields person knows I am right. Half the people who read it know I'm right. I like his positivism. I am hyped for the teams I follow.

Harborfields, listen, for all your boys did LY they still surprised me. The tough early losses threw me for a loop, which cast my doubt at the end. This year if you have quality wins early I'll give you your props. (Throw insults my way that I know nothing okay). But, I think you guys are like ESM last year, your young guys play with to much emotion to easy to get under their skin. Perhaps I know where they get it from. I thought ESM would have been better LY but they were young and to aggressive, some leadership over there a year wiser will fit them well. I still hate to like them. But Sewogue and west have marque players, hype or hope.

Oh before I forget, did HWest pick up 2 transfers or was that all summer rumors. Or is 2 really just 1.

Good luck in FB for now.

Like Reply Quote
Page 132 of 264 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard