BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from Battle of the Bay?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Scores from Battle of the Bay?

https://admin.tourneymachine.com/R50732

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zone D working out today?

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

More players at that tournament were holdbacks than not. You parents have made a joke of the sport.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Worked pretty good Hawks went 5 and 1. Will the Crabs player be able to pick my son up for the games in the spring since he has his learners permit now. That information came right from the Crabs bench. Hoco should be pretty competitive this year should be fun. Crabs parents definitely win the award for being the loudest this weeken at SRHS. Crabs havent tweeted anything in a while until this weekend they are very proud of winning fall ball.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ILovePigs

Worked pretty good Hawks went 5 and 1. Will the Crabs player be able to pick my son up for the games in the spring since he has his learners permit now. That information came right from the Crabs bench. Hoco should be pretty competitive this year should be fun. Crabs parents definitely win the award for being the loudest this weeken at SRHS. Crabs havent tweeted anything in a while until this weekend they are very proud of winning fall ball.

Hawks parents talking about holdbacks is pretty ironic don't you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

Love it!!! The crabs holdbacks are just better than the hawks holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ironic? No. Simply compare rosters. Can’t be that hard to figure out. Or. Just keep saying hawks is stacked with holdbacks until you start believing yourself.

Hawks parents talking about holdbacks is pretty ironic don't you think?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How many holdbacks to the Hawks have? I heard half the team was so that makes about 15 with that college size roster on the sideline. Someone is getting paid in Naptown!!!
All kidding aside the Crabs do look very good and may be the team to beat this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with the zone D. No matter what Defense you guys play, you guys have bigger issues on the offensive side. You need to score more than two goals!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Dukes Nationals look playing crabs..One tie and then a One goal Victory over Dukes .. I heard Dukes had some big attackman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose. As a parent of a player and as a player...you get zero respect if you are a hold back. If I chose to move my son down to 2024 he would stand out. I choose not to and he is still a great player. There is no reason to hold a kid back unless you are trying to give your kid an advantage. It is ridiculous to give so much credit to a kid who is potentially two years older than
1/2 the kids on the field. Much more respect to the players who play great and who are of age. I give zero attention or focus to the kids who are holdbacks. I think it is embarrasing and I would not want this for my son. Cheers to the folks who think this is good for their kids...it is not! You literally have kids graduating High School who are 19 or 20. No thanks! No pats on the back for the kid who dominates at 15 1/2 when my most are 13...it is laughable. I only say this now because the kids who dominated the field this past weekend were the holdbacks. You will most likely win having the holdbacks but you most definitely will not get respect!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Dukes Nationals look playing crabs..One tie and then a One goal Victory over Dukes .. I heard Dukes had some big attackman

When they played a good, settled offense, Duke's looked very good. What got them into trouble was when they played selfish. That resulted in turnovers from either errant passes or poor shots. Get them playing together a little more and these issues will go away.

Duke's was starting to take command of the game when Crab's scored a goal from inside the crease. Big miss by the ref that impacted momentum. They lost in overtime in a very aggressive game. They were two men up at the start of OT and basically threw the ball away on offense. Crabs were a lot bigger and physically mature than the Duke's players which contributed to their success in such a physical game.

Regardless of all the hate for these two teams, it was a great game to watch.

The new "big" attack was pretty tall but also pretty skinny. Didn't look older than 14.

Rumor has it that Crabs had 13(!) holdback/reclassed players. At least one was on the 22 roster last year. (I know, he's just so good he played up last year...)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least one was on the 22 roster last year. (I know, he's just so good he played up last year...)[/quote]

One if those A is 2023 and played up last year. The other one repeated 8th grade and transferred to Loyola.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose. As a parent of a player and as a player...you get zero respect if you are a hold back. If I chose to move my son down to 2024 he would stand out. I choose not to and he is still a great player. There is no reason to hold a kid back unless you are trying to give your kid an advantage. It is ridiculous to give so much credit to a kid who is potentially two years older than
1/2 the kids on the field. Much more respect to the players who play great and who are of age. I give zero attention or focus to the kids who are holdbacks. I think it is embarrasing and I would not want this for my son. Cheers to the folks who think this is good for their kids...it is not! You literally have kids graduating High School who are 19 or 20. No thanks! No pats on the back for the kid who dominates at 15 1/2 when my most are 13...it is laughable. I only say this now because the kids who dominated the field this past weekend were the holdbacks. You will most likely win having the holdbacks but you most definitely will not get respect!

Do you feel better now that your tantrum is over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least one was on the 22 roster last year. (I know, he's just so good he played up last year...)

One if those A is 2023 and played up last year. The other one repeated 8th grade and transferred to Loyola. [/quote]

4 of 5 Crabs attack are holdbacks. Bigger, better, faster, older!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

Do you feel better now that your tantrum is over?

Not a tantrum. Just pointing out the obvious. You don’t say a kid is the smartest in the class after they get a “A” on a test when they took it three times. It’s hard to say if a team is really good if their entire offense is 2-2 years older. Just common sense. Clearly this sport could use more common sense and less stunands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

More players at that tournament were holdbacks than not. You parents have made a joke of the sport.

Back in the day, the kids who were considered ballers were the younger kids who could take on the big kids. Not the big kids who play down! They were considered...well, we all know.
Oh wait, this still rings true in every other sport but Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When colleges start recruiting by birth date rather than by class, that's when it will stop. Other than that, it is up to the tournament directors to police the team rosters and put a limit on the amount of kids born prior to the US lacrosse age guidelines. But as others have said, there is no incentive to do that because the tournaments and leagues need the registrations. If you or your kid's team is so handicapped by age and you want to improve the experience, you'll need to move to a USL team and play in the SMYLA league or something similar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks did for Crabs.

It’s great to watch kids who work hard and have a passion for the game, regardless of which team they play for. I always say to my son, “man that kid on the other team is great, watch how he plays” … That kid probably keeps the stick in his hand off season, maybe runs or hits the weights, watches games on TV and just understands the strategies and flow. When it’s apples to apples, you have to admire a boy who just outworks everyone else..
On the other hand, when you play for a pretty big travel program and the coach “calls up” players from “affiliated” programs for tournaments and those kids turn out to be 14 or 15 and 30 pounds heavier than most other players.. that stinks.
And it stinks to pay $x,000 while your son, who plays half/three quarters of a regular game, is getting less than 10 minutes while the monster call up is on the field most of the game… of course he gives the team a better chance of winning but how is this fair? Why am I paying so much money to subsidize the training of a kid with a mustache?

It’s a respect issue for sure but more so, you have to question not only the integrity of the travel program but the sport in general in which this rampant abuse is permitted and kids are getting hurt.

It’s a joke reading the home page of many local travel teams:
“committed to running the highest quality tournaments and events in the country”
“developing lifetime skills such as leadership, teamwork and good sportsmanship.”
“Lacrosse program to help the next generation of players discover and enjoy the game”
“emphasize player development, life lessons, and a love for the sport.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least one was on the 22 roster last year. (I know, he's just so good he played up last year...)

One if those A is 2023 and played up last year. The other one repeated 8th grade and transferred to Loyola. [/quote]
Wrong about the Loyola kid. He was a seventh grader last year, has always played up and has a late 2004 birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they played a good, settled offense, Duke's looked very good. What got them into trouble was when they played selfish. That resulted in turnovers from either errant passes or poor shots. Get them playing together a little more and these issues will go away.

Duke's was starting to take command of the game when Crab's scored a goal from inside the crease. Big miss by the ref that impacted momentum. They lost in overtime in a very aggressive game. They were two men up at the start of OT and basically threw the ball away on offense. Crabs were a lot bigger and physically mature than the Duke's players which contributed to their success in such a physical game.

Regardless of all the hate for these two teams, it was a great game to watch.

The new "big" attack was pretty tall but also pretty skinny. Didn't look older than 14.

Rumor has it that Crabs had 13(!) holdback/reclassed players. At least one was on the 22 roster last year. (I know, he's just so good he played up last year...)

Both players that were on Crabs 2022 last year were in 7th grade last year and were playing up. One attack and one defender

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When colleges start recruiting by birth date rather than by class, that's when it will stop. Other than that, it is up to the tournament directors to police the team rosters and put a limit on the amount of kids born prior to the US lacrosse age guidelines. But as others have said, there is no incentive to do that because the tournaments and leagues need the registrations. If you or your kid's team is so handicapped by age and you want to improve the experience, you'll need to move to a USL team and play in the SMYLA league or something similar.

I think the previous poster's point is that the community in general needs to put an end to it. The way things are today, teams are just stocking up on holdbacks and reclassified kids so a 2023 team is, for the most part, a rebranded 22 team. We, the parents, are the ones escalating things. The club teams, high schools, and colleges are the ones that get the benefit.

If everyone continues to hold back and reclassify their kids, we're just going to raise the age at every level in lacrosse. So at some point the playing field gets leveled until a group decides to triple holdback, and the cycle will then continue. We now have 16 year old 8th graders. What's next? 17 year old 8th graders? Do you really want that 17 year old taking your 13 year old daughter to the 8th grade dance? Think about it.

There is no advantage when everyone starts doing it.

We, as parents, are empowered to stop this silliness because it is spiraling out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[
It’s great to watch kids who work hard and have a passion for the game, regardless of which team they play for. I always say to my son, “man that kid on the other team is great, watch how he plays” … That kid probably keeps the stick in his hand off season, maybe runs or hits the weights, watches games on TV and just understands the strategies and flow. When it’s apples to apples, you have to admire a boy who just outworks everyone else..
On the other hand, when you play for a pretty big travel program and the coach “calls up” players from “affiliated” programs for tournaments and those kids turn out to be 14 or 15 and 30 pounds heavier than most other players.. that stinks.
And it stinks to pay $x,000 while your son, who plays half/three quarters of a regular game, is getting less than 10 minutes while the monster call up is on the field most of the game… of course he gives the team a better chance of winning but how is this fair? Why am I paying so much money to subsidize the training of a kid with a mustache?

It’s a respect issue for sure but more so, you have to question not only the integrity of the travel program but the sport in general in which this rampant abuse is permitted and kids are getting hurt.

“committed to running the highest quality tournaments and events in the country”
“developing lifetime skills such as leadership, teamwork and good sportsmanship.”
“Lacrosse program to help the next generation of players discover and enjoy the game”

Great post! Teams that bring in guest players to win events do so to promote their clubs, not to develop their kids. Play with the team you have, coach them, and watch them develop. If, at the end of the year, you can look across your entire roster and say with confidence that everyone got better, you've done your job.

As a teacher, if you take a bunch of gifted A students and they continue to ace their tests, you may not have done much. But if you take a bunch of C students and turn them into B students, you've inspired, educated, and impacted each and every one of them. That's what teaching/coaching is about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Great post! Teams that bring in guest players to win events do so to promote their clubs, not to develop their kids. Play with the team you have, coach them, and watch them develop. If, at the end of the year, you can look across your entire roster and say with confidence that everyone got better, you've done your job.

As a teacher, if you take a bunch of gifted A students and they continue to ace their tests, you may not have done much. But if you take a bunch of C students and turn them into B students, you've inspired, educated, and impacted each and every one of them. That's what teaching/coaching is about.

We all know who does it, yet there is no shortage of parents bringing their kids to the tryouts every year. I guess they think their kid won't be the one displaced by the ringers. Say what you will about Hawks, but they play with who is on their team. Crabs, FCA, and 91 are notorious for bringing in ringers as the kids get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know who does it, yet there is no shortage of parents bringing their kids to the tryouts every year. I guess they think their kid won't be the one displaced by the ringers. Say what you will about Hawks, but they play with who is on their team. Crabs, FCA, and 91 are notorious for bringing in ringers as the kids get older.

This statement is untrue. The Hawks bring in players also. You can keep trying to tell yourself that the Hawks are something different, but they aren't. Hogan is just as bad as Kelly and McClernan. Just get over it and accept that if your kid plays in the elite level for one of these clubs then there will be holdbacks, guest players, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91Md? That team is 3rd rate. Have yet to win a game in HoCo after two years. Did not even make the HoCo A final three years ago. Yet they claim to develop players better than any club. Same coach, same core, same losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Do not forget DC dogs. At least the 2023 team is playing in the 2022 division this fall. This way they are all on age!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Fake News. Also, your wife is a Pig. She is yuuuge! That is all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Fake News. Also, your wife is a Pig. She is yuuuge! That is all.

Thanks I like it that way....Better than nailing a 2x4.
Hawks have not had any guest players in any of the four years we have played with them but i can only speak for the 23’s. I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement is untrue. The Hawks bring in players also. You can keep trying to tell yourself that the Hawks are something different, but they aren't. Hogan is just as bad as Kelly and McClernan. Just get over it and accept that if your kid plays in the elite level for one of these clubs then there will be holdbacks, guest players, etc.

Even though most who read this do not care, N.VA teams do not have holdbacks/re-classing and also do not have a team in Elite. Connection? I have not heard any N.VA teams with older kids. There are some kids that play for MD teams but they have crazy parents willing to spend hours in traffic so they would also have no issue paying an extra year of private school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. There are holdbacks on NoVa teams. Not the quantity in MD, but there are.

2. If Team 91 is allowed to be elite again, that's a complete joke. They've gone winless at elite for 2 straight years. They should have been AA last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even though most who read this do not care, N.VA teams do not have holdbacks/re-classing and also do not have a team in Elite. Connection? I have not heard any N.VA teams with older kids. There are some kids that play for MD teams but they have crazy parents willing to spend hours in traffic so they would also have no issue paying an extra year of private school.

Play for Evergreen. Holdback-free since inception and top feeder program for Blackwolf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen is also talent-free. The face that it's the only team BW can poach from now shows you how far BW has fallen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why so much talk about Black Wolf on the 2023 group as they only have a 2022 team with a few 2023 players playing up. BW has had a history of getting at least 10 or more players to top college programs. If it is true that they have mostly Evergreen players and time will tell but if they get these kids recruited, that says alot about the ability to develop players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2023 HOCO Elite, sounds like Crabs v Madlax DC Dogs will be the game to watch.

Since last spring, Crabs and Dogs got better with some new starters. Hawks stayed the same or got worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2023 HOCO Elite, sounds like Crabs v Madlax DC Dogs will be the game to watch.

Since last spring, Crabs and Dogs got better with some new starters. Hawks stayed the same or got worse.

Usually happens when High Schoolers play middle schoolers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the comment of the day^^^^^^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that because it was the only comment of the day? Because it really didn't make any sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that because it was the only comment of the day? Because it really didn't make any sense.

wow- try to follow along. Some clubs jump on the holdback train in the 8th grade year. So, when kids should move on to 9th grade (hence high school players) they stay back and play another year against true 8th graders (middle schoolers). See how that works. 2023 Crabs is MUCH improved this year. . . and no wonder as high schoolers SHOULD do better against middle schoolers. No it is not illegal, and in some circles even de rigueure, but the post spoke the truth. In considerably fewer words than I took.

Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard