BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 116 of 214 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly, when you have in state schools like MD, Florida, Penn State, Stony Brook , UVA, UMASS, UNC the amount of applicants are astronomical. Yes, they have a lot of students enrolled , but nearly every in state kid applies. Still great educations that I see no reason to knock because your Sally goes to Penn, Princeton, or Duke. Like I said earlier, I'd be thrilled if my daughter was able to get an education from one of those state schools while having the opportunity to have a competitive lax career. Not sure why people have to always "one up" one another here.

Agree completely, also getting into those state schools when applying from out of state is in some cases extremely difficult and you need to be near the top of your high school class.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a HS Lax thread want to say, as been stated on this forum before, the elite Nassau Power Conference 1, probably best group of teams in the country

https://twitter.com/flglax/status/1056161205486870528?s=21

all the rest should stick to field hockey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you checked out the IAAM A division in Baltimore?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iaam A looks comprable. Is that only private and catholic ? I would say that nassau power conf 1 more impressive as it is public schools , they cant recruit, and limited budgets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, when you have in state schools like MD, Florida, Penn State, Stony Brook , UVA, UMASS, UNC the amount of applicants are astronomical. Yes, they have a lot of students enrolled , but nearly every in state kid applies. Still great educations that I see no reason to knock because your Sally goes to Penn, Princeton, or Duke. Like I said earlier, I'd be thrilled if my daughter was able to get an education from one of those state schools while having the opportunity to have a competitive lax career. Not sure why people have to always "one up" one another here.

Agree completely, also getting into those state schools when applying from out of state is in some cases extremely difficult and you need to be near the top of your high school class.

That's what the lacrosse stick is for

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iaam A looks comprable. Is that only private and catholic ? I would say that nassau power conf 1 more impressive as it is public schools , they cant recruit, and limited budgets

Or even the
Since this is a HS Lax thread want to say, as been stated on this forum before, the elite Nassau Power Conference 1, probably best group of teams in the country

Better teams in Suffolk County

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or even the

LOL Suffolk LOL I just spit my Cab all over my screen...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or even the

Suffolk has more better teams for sure, just spread out through the conferences. Do like what Nassau does grouping the top teams together. Once you get to the bottom of that power conference and the conferences below the teams drop off big time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or even the

Hmmmm......All of the top rated players come from Suffolk. For example, the only two Teewaraton winners from LI from W Bab, as well as Kylie Ohlmiller and Kerrigan Miller. Was your daughter on the corner of Inside lacrosse? NOT!! Your daughter will most likely disappear after HS so chill. Maybe you should stick to tea!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mo Betta G

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk is deeper and has been for years ,the top B,C,D teams all play one another . A in Suffolk is weak , just look at West Islip who would have been ranked 1 in A but are ranked I think 6 in the BCD division .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk is deeper and has been for years ,the top B,C,D teams all play one another . A in Suffolk is weak , just look at West Islip who would have been ranked 1 in A but are ranked I think 6 in the BCD division .

Wisj.

I would pay top dollar to see the top teams play perhap at beginning of the year have some champions tourney like college bball ie duke v kansas or mich state v kentucky. Maybe last years nassau big school champ play suffolk small school champ or nassau small school champ vs suffolk big school champ. You can even do it for charity. SWR had charity soccer match this year where they played garden city. Would be good for the game. Great exposure as well since Li is a hotbed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Past 3 years, Nassau 4 state titles and Suffolk 3, Past 5 years Nassau 5 and Suffolk 6, past 10 years, Nassau 12 and Suffolk 11, past 15 years Nassau 15 and Suffolk 13. Looks even to me... (nysphsaa.org).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your ignorance shines through. Their ranking is such because of loss of starters. They graduated a huge class and I believe 8 were starters. A team like WB is ranked higher because they graduated maybe 2/3. Their starters are still there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Past 3 years, Nassau 4 state titles and Suffolk 3, Past 5 years Nassau 5 and Suffolk 6, past 10 years, Nassau 12 and Suffolk 11, past 15 years Nassau 15 and Suffolk 13. Looks even to me... (nysphsaa.org).

Agree it is an even split of who wins LI championships each year. Nassau and Suffolk each have several top teams that are about equal and flip flop wins. Difference is Suffolk always has more quality teams that eliminate each other in playoffs just to get to LI championship. So it is true that Suffolk has more quality teams or more depth or whatever all the earlier posts mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree it is an even split of who wins LI championships each year. Nassau and Suffolk each have several top teams that are about equal and flip flop wins. Difference is Suffolk always has more quality teams that eliminate each other in playoffs just to get to LI championship. So it is true that Suffolk has more quality teams or more depth or whatever all the earlier posts mentioned.

All the more reason to have a Nassau v Suffolk tourney. #1 to continue to grow and attract attention to sport #2 to continue to play against quality opponents which will result in LI becoming more stronger of a region (as the sport continues to expand to the west and south). I like the ideas of an early season tourney.. I guess we may larady something similar (not exactly but similar in the gains for brains tourney https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/180011/308.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk needs to go to a power conference. Lax like no other sport is all about getting recruited even at the PAL ages so when the kids get to HS they try to put up 15 points a game against inferior talent so they get their name in Newsday. Let these ball hogs go against quality teams and defenses on more regular basis! Betaing team XYZ 22-4 does no one any good and the coaches in these routes stink for allowing ball hogs to stat pad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is state titles, not LI championships. Without data, just a bunch of opinions. Depth would mean different representation each year in Long Island championship. Nassau in the last 5 years has had more teams reach the Long Island Championship than Suffolk. Class A- Pequa, Syosset and Farmingdale vs. WI and MC, Class B- Set, GC and Wantagh vs. ESM and Sayville, Class C- Cold Spring Harbor and Wantagh vs. Mount Sinai and BBP and Class D- Carle Place vs. Mattituck. Nassau had 9 and Suffolk 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is state titles, not LI championships. Without data, just a bunch of opinions. Depth would mean different representation each year in Long Island championship. Nassau in the last 5 years has had more teams reach the Long Island Championship than Suffolk. Class A- Pequa, Syosset and Farmingdale vs. WI and MC, Class B- Set, GC and Wantagh vs. ESM and Sayville, Class C- Cold Spring Harbor and Wantagh vs. Mount Sinai and BBP and Class D- Carle Place vs. Mattituck. Nassau had 9 and Suffolk 7.

This "Depth would mean different representation each year in Long Island championship" is a solid and concrete observation! no objections on my end. But seriously, can we just get a Nassau fsuffolk tourney.

Anyway... does anyone know anything about this showcase in Garden City? https://nylaxacademy.com/girls-summer-showcase . On the surface it looks legit. anyone from MD coming up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk needs to go to a power conference. Lax like no other sport is all about getting recruited even at the PAL ages so when the kids get to HS they try to put up 15 points a game against inferior talent so they get their name in Newsday. Let these ball hogs go against quality teams and defenses on more regular basis! Betaing team XYZ 22-4 does no one any good and the coaches in these routes stink for allowing ball hogs to stat pad
Amen brother!! how do the Suffolk conferences work. Are they organized by school population?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mo Betta G

LOL... I just realized who you were referring to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This "Depth would mean different representation each year in Long Island championship" is a solid and concrete observation! no objections on my end. But seriously, can we just get a Nassau fsuffolk tourney.

Anyway... does anyone know anything about this showcase in Garden City? https://nylaxacademy.com/girls-summer-showcase . On the surface it looks legit. anyone from MD coming up?

It's a fund raiser for Tucker and company and the past few years the summer genesis tournament was that same weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a fund raiser for Tucker and company and the past few years the summer genesis tournament was that same weekend
Got it. The Summer G seems to have legit teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I have to hand it the her, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport has just put every player in their town on notice. If we find an unhappy kid from Queens, Nassau, or Suffolk that is talented we will recruit them to come play at Northport and play them over your daughter! So sad can’t win with what we have..... so much for Town Pride!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport has just put every player in their town on notice. If we find an unhappy kid from Queens, Nassau, or Suffolk that is talented we will recruit them to come play at Northport and play them over your daughter! So sad can’t win with what we have..... so much for Town Pride!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I have to hand it the her, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I have to hand it to her, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

this cannot be true! you can't just play for another district.. this isn't college its HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m trying to determine which one is the least pathetic. A coach who would go to such lengths that she will bring on players from other towns which basically tells her current team that she has no faith in them. One kid who probably won’t even make it to lacrosse season before she gets booted and the other who really is a stat padder against crappy teams but in clutch situations can’t really do anything. Or is it the athletic director who goes along with the whole thing. Or is it the parents who Would actually spend money to rent a home or an apartment in another town so that their daughter can play high school lacrosse for a team that probably won’t win anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I have to hand it to her,, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

this cannot be true! you can't just play for another district.. this isn't college its HS

Oh it’s true. And if I lived in NP I would be on the phone with section xi in a heartbeat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I have to hand it to her,, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

Oh it’s true. And if I lived in NP I would be on the phone with section xi in a heartbeat

This crap has been going on in all sports and districts since forever. West Babylon basketball and RVC soccer come to mind. You can call the district but unless the kid's address turns out to be a gas station (hello, WB) then what can they do? Nada.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well I have to hand it to her,, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

Don't believe it its all rumor she couldnbt get away with recruiting kids from other districts there are too many regulations to prevent this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well I have to hand it to her,, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

Don't believe it its all rumor she couldnbt get away with recruiting kids from other districts there are too many regulations to prevent this
hahahahahaha oh you silly person CR is above rules especially when the AD is a YJ coach rumor has it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the parents thinking the kids will be welcomed with open arms?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well I have to hand it to her,, she literally does not care what other coaches ,players, administrators think. She takes her superstar who has been allegedly kicked off teams, out of schools for poor behavior and "moves" her into her district in a desperate attempt to finally win a county title. Worse she puts her up as a Nation United Ambassador of the game in a shameless attempt to rehab a deplorable reputation for a player who I have seen curse out officials , teammates etc. Becoming said ambassador is based on skill( how would we know has
not really played in a long time),Character including exemplifying the best of the sport on and off the field. What a joke and yet the other coaches on LI cater to her every whim .

Oh it gets better

Regulations don’t matter. The Northport AD has a daughter on Wright’s 2024 team. All of the free agents play or played on YJ teams. It must really stink for the girls getting pushed aside for the free agents. That’s gonna be one fun sideline this year the parents will be one happy family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“For athletic eligibility, a residency is changed when one is abandoned by the immediate family and another residency is established through action and intent. Residency requires one's physical presence as an inhabitant and the intent to remain indefinitely. The Superintendent, or designee, will determine if the student has met district residency requirements.”

From section xi ,seems to me this rule is not followed as many do not actually abandone ( leave and or sell) their original residence as they just rent apartments at best and do not intend to stay indefinitely .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“For athletic eligibility, a residency is changed when one is abandoned by the immediate family and another residency is established through action and intent. Residency requires one's physical presence as an inhabitant and the intent to remain indefinitely. The Superintendent, or designee, will determine if the student has met district residency requirements.”

From section xi ,seems to me this rule is not followed as many do not actually abandone ( leave and or sell) their original residence as they just rent apartments at best and do not intend to stay indefinitely .

It's done, move on Pav

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people need to show the new Nation United Ambassador of the game respect. The Queen Bee has spoken

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who takes their kid out of their childhood house for lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew the old man, you wouldn't have to ask that

Like Reply Quote
Page 116 of 214 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 213 214
Quick Reply