BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,160
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Hornets are 91's B team

More like their C team. All the new programs are. Hornets, Rebels, rebels and Turtles can’t compete with the likes of any true B teams like Igloo, Force, TB or Legacy.

Yet those programs mostly put those poor boys in A tournaments to get massacred, unless they play each other. Because in order to get parents to pay for their programs they had to tell them they were an A team even though they knew they weren’t and didn’t stand a chance with the roster they had. I don’t understand why tournaments don’t just put teams like those right into the B divisions so they can play in competitive games instead of being embarrassed and demoralizing those poor kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like their C team. All the new programs are. Hornets, Rebels, rebels and Turtles can’t compete with the likes of any true B teams like Igloo, Force, TB or Legacy.

So 91 and Express are the only A teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not A teams AA teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t see how the Hornets will be any good. This is the 3rd attempt at a B team. They are playing two 5th/6th grade teams at the Pumpkin Tourney. Originally they were playing the old Ducks and it changed. C’mon man!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you let them play and get some games under them before you start judging them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 91 and Express are the only A teams?

Legacy Geese are a solid BB team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True blue definitely beat force a bunch of times last year

Express a distant 1
91 2
Igloo 3
True blue 4
Force 5

If we are being crazy and ranking 6th grade lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you let them play and get some games under them before you start judging them.

Exactly. Fall ball doesnt say much about these teams. Especially brand new teams that never played together before and never had their current coaches. These teams need time to gel between players and coaches. In the meantime hopefully the kids are enjoying their experience as well as working hard. Since thats what its all about. Right parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Fall ball doesnt say much about these teams. Especially brand new teams that never played together before and never had their current coaches. These teams need time to gel between players and coaches. In the meantime hopefully the kids are enjoying their experience as well as working hard. Since thats what its all about. Right parents.

Say that ten times fast and you may actually believe it. I would wait before buying the helmet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say that ten times fast and you may actually believe it. I would wait before buying the helmet.

What's wrong with you? You must be an angry father of an Express or 91 player who rides the pine but loves wearing the gear on the sideline. Stop being so negative!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Force looks like the real deal. I’m not sure that Blast would have been able to beat them today.

12-2 loss to Express A and the B team went 0-3 as well.

Regardless, looks like the Force A team was still the 3rd best team on Saturday and is probably the 3rd or 4th best team on Long Island. Very tough to dispute that. Don't know much about the Force B team other than they are a new team.

I don’t think it’s that tough. TB, fl$, Igloo, Legacy are all clustered there. How long before the better kids move to 91 or Express? Because that’s a risk and that is what happens.

Great “dispute”, buddy. Don’t think TB ever beat Force and name one reputable A team fl$ and Legacy has beaten? Force lost to Igloo by a goal last year. As far as the better kids moving to Express or 91, not everyone wants to be in a roster with 35 other kids.

You clearly aren’t a force parent. Any force parent would know TB beat them twice at their own tournament. And force beat TB once. Both teams are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's wrong with you? You must be an angry father of an Express or 91 player who rides the pine but loves wearing the gear on the sideline. Stop being so negative!

He's still sore from their trip down to Delaware

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Force looks like the real deal. I’m not sure that Blast would have been able to beat them today.

12-2 loss to Express A and the B team went 0-3 as well.

Regardless, looks like the Force A team was still the 3rd best team on Saturday and is probably the 3rd or 4th best team on Long Island. Very tough to dispute that. Don't know much about the Force B team other than they are a new team.

I don’t think it’s that tough. TB, fl$, Igloo, Legacy are all clustered there. How long before the better kids move to 91 or Express? Because that’s a risk and that is what happens.

Great “dispute”, buddy. Don’t think TB ever beat Force and name one reputable A team fl$ and Legacy has beaten? Force lost to Igloo by a goal last year. As far as the better kids moving to Express or 91, not everyone wants to be in a roster with 35 other kids.

You clearly aren’t a force parent. Any force parent would know TB beat them twice at their own tournament. And force beat TB once. Both teams are good.

You are clearly the most obnoxious person on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just trying to level set expectations. Good luck on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That brings up a good question. Not a MD or LI parent but how do the LI team do vs MD teams. Express wins but I would think Team 91MD is better than 91LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and just wait until Chan adds a few more between now and Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just trying to level set expectations. Good luck on Saturday.

So here is my expectations:
1. My kid is happy and enjoying himself ... most important
2. He likes the other kids
3. He has good coaches
4. He finds he is learning
5. Preferably there are little to no overbearing parents.

I do this for my kid. Not for my ego.
Have fun on Saturday, but newsflash tourney on LI was cancelled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and just wait until Chan adds a few more between now and Spring.

Rack 'em and Stack 'em. Parents love watching their kids sitting on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if the Pumpkin Shootout this weekend has been cancelled due to the pending weather?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here is my expectations:
1. My kid is happy and enjoying himself ... most important
2. He likes the other kids
3. He has good coaches
4. He finds he is learning
5. Preferably there are little to no overbearing parents.

I do this for my kid. Not for my ego.
Have fun on Saturday, but newsflash tourney on LI was cancelled.[/quote]

Amen to that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if the Pumpkin Shootout this weekend has been cancelled due to the pending weather?

Cancelled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic that 7th graders are needed to save a 24 Cyclones in the 2025B division. I was at that game. No doubt it was true that there were older kids a head taller and bigger than the 11 year olds they played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic that 7th graders are needed to save a 24 Cyclones in the 2025B division. I was at that game. No doubt it was true that there were older kids a head taller and bigger than the 11 year olds they played.

24 is a joke organization, they absolutely had several older kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I imagine the logistics of moving the event to Sunday where too much to deal with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure that some teams cheat with older kids, unfortunately its human nature. But size isn't always an indicator of age!! The 2026 Express team dads were complaining in Delaware once they realized that the Hawks team was better than them saying that the Hawks had older kids because a few were bigger and faster than their kids. Claiming hold backs and 2025 kids on the team (2025 was playing a few fields away). After hearing them complain all game its funny I see on here that Express apparently carry older kids on their teams. hmmmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that this weekend is a washout,
Have any teams been notified what tournament their directors are having replace this weekends tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s pathetic because this is a B level and the kids and parents playing here are not out looking for scholarships. Most want good coaching, playing time and an opportunity to improve. There is no reason to bring 7th graders to play 6th graders – regardless whether it is AA, A or B but it is even more absurd at a B tournament.

I’ve played and coached lacrosse for a long time at a level that most of these AA playing kids will only dream to play. At this age it is all about reps and practice. It is mindboggling that any athletic 11 year old would want to be buried on a 30 player team. If only the top 13 get playing time, then only 13 improve. Helicopter parenting has got to be a part of this madness.

My kid is not on Express and he will likely never get to AA level which is totally ok. He plays for a nice program with super coaching and he loves his team. It is a pipe dream for many of the parents seeking AA attention. With less than 2% of HS players getting to Div 1 level, it really is silly to expect than any of these kids, other than the exceptional handful, will get to a good Div 1 team. With young athletes in TX, GA, FL and CA increasingly playing lax every year, the share of that 2% for Long Island kids will continue to shrink quickly. Plus all the Canadians filling college rosters…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure that some teams cheat with older kids, unfortunately its human nature. But size isn't always an indicator of age!! The 2026 Express team dads were complaining in Delaware once they realized that the Hawks team was better than them saying that the Hawks had older kids because a few were bigger and faster than their kids. Claiming hold backs and 2025 kids on the team (2025 was playing a few fields away). After hearing them complain all game its funny I see on here that Express apparently carry older kids on their teams. hmmmmmm

I know size is not and indicator for age, I was there and I several kids that I know are older. It really is sad that clubs feel the need to do this. What are they teaching the kids, it’s ok to cheat & win at all cost. Like I said 24 is joke organization

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t realize that was 24s A team. I thought it was B and then realized they are down to one team. They had two teams last year and the A team was okay. Now they are left with just a B team. Funny thing is that you can about 3-5 players from each B team on Saturday and form an decent A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There actually is 5 boys on the 2026 Hawks that are 2025's. It's a fact. The coach confirmed this to the referees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 should just enroll the older kids in kellenberg and keep telling everybody they are going to repeat a grade before they graduate so it’s ok. Chan has been doing it for years and everyone is ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t realize that was 24s A team. I thought it was B and then realized they are down to one team. They had two teams last year and the A team was okay. Now they are left with just a B team. Funny thing is that you can about 3-5 players from each B team on Saturday and form an decent A team.

Same as Geese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s pathetic because this is a B level and the kids and parents playing here are not out looking for scholarships. Most want good coaching, playing time and an opportunity to improve. There is no reason to bring 7th graders to play 6th graders – regardless whether it is AA, A or B but it is even more absurd at a B tournament.

I’ve played and coached lacrosse for a long time at a level that most of these AA playing kids will only dream to play. At this age it is all about reps and practice. It is mindboggling that any athletic 11 year old would want to be buried on a 30 player team. If only the top 13 get playing time, then only 13 improve. Helicopter parenting has got to be a part of this madness.

My kid is not on Express and he will likely never get to AA level which is totally ok. He plays for a nice program with super coaching and he loves his team. It is a pipe dream for many of the parents seeking AA attention. With less than 2% of HS players getting to Div 1 level, it really is silly to expect than any of these kids, other than the exceptional handful, will get to a good Div 1 team. With young athletes in TX, GA, FL and CA increasingly playing lax every year, the share of that 2% for Long Island kids will continue to shrink quickly. Plus all the Canadians filling college rosters…

Your approach is far too level headed and true for this group of parents to understand. I come on here for the entertainment...but travel has clouded parents perception of their kids true abilities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your approach is far too level headed and true for this group of parents to understand. I come on here for the entertainment...but travel has clouded parents perception of their kids true abilities.

Your chances increase pretty significantly if you have $$$ and grades. First unlimited prospect days, camps, visits. Second if coach choosing between your kid and another and you’re fine paying the full boat and he doesn’t have to push the admin dept your going to get the spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 91 went to Delaware to play nobody?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There actually is 5 boys on the 2026 Hawks that are 2025's. It's a fact. The coach confirmed this to the referees.

liar......plain and simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. What’s the deal with Blast? Did they lose kids? As a parent, I pay a lot of money for my son to play lacrosse against the best competition available. Win or lose, he gets better because of this. There have been several LOCAL tournaments this fall that many strong clubs have played in, but Blast continues to avoid them at all costs. I don’t understand it. Are they afraid that if they lose the parents will revolt? Next weekend is another one. Probably the best teams in the east coast are all meeting up in Delaware at the NAL Fall Invitational. Express, Legacy, Bethesda, Hawks, Express North, Madlax and Sweetlax NY all making the trip. But no Blast. Again. My guess is that most of the teams I just mentioned would beat them this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. What’s the deal with Blast? Did they lose kids? As a parent, I pay a lot of money for my son to play lacrosse against the best competition available. Win or lose, he gets better because of this. There have been several LOCAL tournaments this fall that many strong clubs have played in, but Blast continues to avoid them at all costs. I don’t understand it. Are they afraid that if they lose the parents will revolt? Next weekend is another one. Probably the best teams in the east coast are all meeting up in Delaware at the NAL Fall Invitational. Express, Legacy, Bethesda, Hawks, Express North, Madlax and Sweetlax NY all making the trip. But no Blast. Again. My guess is that most of the teams I just mentioned would beat them this year.

Serious answer, I think 91AA were signed up to play at the Express event but that was rained out. So maybe you can call up 91 and ask for Jim Mule. I'm fairly sure that he is an owner of 91 and he is one of the 2025 coaches shown on the website.

Maybe he is OK with not putting a big emphasis on fall ball or maybe they are like the Patriots and do everything top secret.

Also I'm very interested in finding out what team your son is playing on that you pay a lot of money for but didn't name.

PS Mule has figured out how to separate parents from their money at 91, but I also think he was a Pro Coach and is in the Lax Hall of Fame or something and one of his sons plays at Duke and his 2019 team was good. You let us know what he says because I would like to see if he knows what he is doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one thing I will say as non 91 parent. The fall has become too much. My worst fear is my son doesn’t play xxxxxx because lax is twice a week and they have 5 fall tourneys. It is football season, the only single season sport left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious answer, I think 91AA were signed up to play at the Express event but that was rained out. So maybe you can call up 91 and ask for Jim Mule. I'm fairly sure that he is an owner of 91 and he is one of the 2025 coaches shown on the website.

Maybe he is OK with not putting a big emphasis on fall ball or maybe they are like the Patriots and do everything top secret.

Also I'm very interested in finding out what team your son is playing on that you pay a lot of money for but didn't name.

PS Mule has figured out how to separate parents from their money at 91, but I also think he was a Pro Coach and is in the Lax Hall of Fame or something and one of his sons plays at Duke and his 2019 team was good. You let us know what he says because I would like to see if he knows what he is doing.

Someone’s panties are in a bunch, huh? I guess you’re a Blastard with blind faith in Mule. Being a HOF player does not make for a good coach. He is not a good youth coach. He runs a specific offense and makes sure he only coaches top teams so he can run it. He doesn’t relate to kids. And, he just one of the 7 coaches in the Blast revolving coaching door. You won’t see him in the spring. Maybe he’ll show up to a few tourneys in the summer.

And to answer your question. You can figure out what team my son plays for very easily. His team has been ahead of you for years and that won’t change.

Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard