BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Boy's 2023 - 8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Boys 2023 Graduation Year pertaining to Teams, Results of Tournaments and anything else related to Lacrosse in the New Jersey area.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boy's 2023 - 8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will win Fall Finale at Princeton this weekend? NJ Riot, GSLA, MAma's Boyz?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to see how all the NJ 2023 clubs are shaping up this fall? BBL has been strong but I'm wondering if they made any big additions? How about Tri-State? Leading Edge? Bluestar?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious to see how all the NJ 2023 clubs are shaping up this fall? BBL has been strong but I'm wondering if they made any big additions? How about Tri-State? Leading Edge? Bluestar?

Should be interesting, Tri-State, LE and Bluestar will look a lot different with the player moves and the consolidation of the Tri-State 2023 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be interesting, Tri-State, LE and Bluestar will look a lot different with the player moves and the consolidation of the Tri-State 2023 team.

Same dad two posts! Why don't you save us the time and tell us your Tri-State son moved to Blue Star to become 1 of the 30 on the team. RFH parents!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same dad two posts! Why don't you save us the time and tell us your Tri-State son moved to Blue Star to become 1 of the 30 on the team. RFH parents!

Actually, not the same dad, however, if Blue Star is going to have a 30 man roster again, it will be a long season with some very unhappy parents, especially the RFH parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, not the same dad, however, if Blue Star is going to have a 30 man roster again, it will be a long season with some very unhappy parents, especially the RFH parents

'23 Mad Dog won NXT Nightfall. Not the great competition but it looks like they picked up a few players. LSM was the best player at the tournament, not sure if he was a new addition from Tri-State.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'23 Mad Dog won NXT Nightfall. Not the great competition but it looks like they picked up a few players. LSM was the best player at the tournament, not sure if he was a new addition from Tri-State.

Yes, not great competition, but a win nonetheless. I have not heard of any kids going from Tri-State to Mad Dog, only to Blue Star and Leading Edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Leading Edge tied the Annapolis Hawks over the weekend at UMD. That's a big improvement from last year. Blue Star sounds like they are going to be very competitive from the parent chatter. Fall ball tourneys will be a good test for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Leading Edge tied the Annapolis Hawks over the weekend at UMD. That's a big improvement from last year. Blue Star sounds like they are going to be very competitive from the parent chatter. Fall ball tourneys will be a good test for them.

Leading Edge and BBL will be down at Battle on the Bay this weekend. Only other NJ team is Mad Dog '25. Will be interesting to see how NJ team fair.

It would be nice if the NJ club owners could put a couple of spring play-days together. Leading Edge should do it, would give them a view into what kids to go after for their High School teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, not great competition, but a win nonetheless. I have not heard of any kids going from Tri-State to Mad Dog, only to Blue Star and Leading Edge

Mad Dog's LSM is a stud, don't recall him last year. Could be the Turnpike kid that played for Tri-States WSYL team. He was a big pick up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad Dog's LSM is a stud, don't recall him last year. Could be the Turnpike kid that played for Tri-States WSYL team. He was a big pick up. [/quote]

I do not think that it is the Tri-State LSM, but there is another very good local kid that was playing for Leading Edge south, I wonder if he moved to Mad Dog, if the kid is one of the taller players on the team, it could be him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand its only Fall but LeadingEdge Elite is the top '23 team in NJ now. CRoy worked to build this team and it will only get better. The only director you see at spring tournaments checking out the talent.

BBL has some small attack that will have problems all season. Do love the old school helmet, he is a player.. leaves it all out on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand its only Fall but LeadingEdge Elite is the top '23 team in NJ now. CRoy worked to build this team and it will only get better. The only director you see at spring tournaments checking out the talent.

BBL has some small attack that will have problems all season. Do love the old school helmet, he is a player.. leaves it all out on the field.

There are definitely some talented kids on LE, but the the team plays an NLF heavy schedule in the summer, that will be the real litmus test playing against the MD and Mass. holdback/reclass teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did BBL look with their new additions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

Surprising considering the recent enthusiastic posts, perhaps the full roster is not playing fall season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

Surprising considering the recent enthusiastic posts, perhaps the full roster is not playing fall season.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well.

I would consider every "team x picked up a few beasts and is going to be unbeatable this year" post as suspect. Nobody says anything nice on this forum and half the posters are trolls. The "how's team X going to be this year" posts are generally parents looking for confirmation of their choice of club. Or coaches looking for the same.

As for BBL at Battle on the Bay, they looked weak compared to their pool competition which doesn't mean they are a weak team but rather that they were playing above their level. Leading Edge looked better. Both teams will probably fair pretty well in Philly/NJ A tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL will be fine. They are outmatched athletically at the moment because all those teams at the Battle on the Bay are really freshmen aged. It’ll even out in a year or 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well. [/quote]

I would consider every "team x picked up a few beasts and is going to be unbeatable this year" post as suspect. Nobody says anything nice on this forum and half the posters are trolls. The "how's team X going to be this year" posts are generally parents looking for confirmation of their choice of club. Or coaches looking for the same.

As for BBL at Battle on the Bay, they looked weak compared to their pool competition which doesn't mean they are a weak team but rather that they were playing above their level. Leading Edge looked better. Both teams will probably fair pretty well in Philly/NJ A tournaments.
[/quote]

NJ form is a little more civil than you are saying.
Two of the three NJ teams at Battle of the Bay played well. NJ has some good players and team at all levels. It would be nice for someone to create a tournament that draws the top NJ teams together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

NJ form is a little more civil than you are saying.
Two of the three NJ teams at Battle of the Bay played well. NJ has some good players and team at all levels. It would be nice for someone to create a tournament that draws the top NJ teams together. [/quote]

Agreed, for the most part, this is forum has remained respectful, lets try and keep it that way. Regardless of team/club, the LI and Md. folks will always look down on NJ lacrosse despite the number of players being recruited to top college programs from NJ. It would be interesting to compare the ratio of total club players in NJ vs. the number of NJ players recruited to play college compared with LI and Md...I bet that the numbers are not that far apart. That being said, the success of any NJ program at the out-of-state tournaments is good for NJ lacrosse as a whole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is black team considered the Elite team for BBL 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is black team considered the Elite team for BBL 2023

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Tri State or BBL parent but what happened at the game on Sunday. 8-3 Tri State,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Tri State or BBL parent but what happened at the game on Sunday. 8-3 Tri State,

Not sure whether it would have made a difference, but I think that BBL may have had an injury or two..Tri-State was just better that day, but there is always a next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure whether it would have made a difference, but I think that BBL may have had an injury or two..Tri-State was just better that day, but there is always a next time.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I read a post in a 2024 forum discussing the BBL 2024 team beating Predators in the championship at Lehigh a few weeks ago. The post suggests that the BBL 2024 teams has some 14 year-old holdback/reclasses. I am assuming that this is just a disgruntled Predators parent, but are there any kids from last years BBL 2023 team that are playing 2024 this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to stir the pot, but I read a post in a 2024 forum discussing the BBL 2024 team beating Predators in the championship at Lehigh a few weeks ago. The post suggests that the BBL 2024 teams has some 14 year-old holdback/reclasses. I am assuming that this is just a disgruntled Predators parent, but are there any kids from last years BBL 2023 team that are playing 2024 this year.

Not sure why they have some small '23 playing attack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds parents were not disgruntled. Actually they were really pleased that their kids played so well against the much older squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds parents were not disgruntled. Actually they were really pleased that their kids played so well against the much older squad.

So are you a BBL parent confirming that there are older kids on the 2024 team....or a Preds parent trying to rationalize the loss..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you a BBL parent confirming that there are older kids on the 2024 team....or a Preds parent trying to rationalize the loss..

No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Don't think it is true but Preds shouldn't say anything. They have some very old '23 on this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

But you know that Preds parents were happy and that BBL had a much older squad..makes sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No holdbacks on BBL 2024. Several of the kids are big and look older, but they are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No holdbacks on BBL 2024. Several of the kids are big and look older, but they are on age.

I don't really care one way or other , but the fact that BBL 2024 is holding an open tryout for the world seris team in February indicates otherwise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really care one way or other , but the fact that BBL 2024 is holding an open tryout for the world seris team in February indicates otherwise

That is not unusual, many clubs hold open tryouts for their WSYL teams, most teams have a kid or two that do not make the age cutoff, but are on-age based upon graduation year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. there are only 2 teams in NJ, and one that no one knows, sending teams to the WSYL. Why wouldn't you hold a tryout to see what comes in? United, Patriot Elite, NJ Riot, Mad Dog are not sending teams. You pick up 5 to 8 kids from those teams and maybe BBL sends a team that goes over 500.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. there are only 2 teams in NJ, and one that no one knows, sending teams to the WSYL. Why wouldn't you hold a tryout to see what comes in? United, Patriot Elite, NJ Riot, Mad Dog are not sending teams. You pick up 5 to 8 kids from those teams and maybe BBL sends a team that goes over 500.

don't you think that sends a pretty bad message to the existing players? I don't know bbl directors from a whole in the wall, but to me, if your on age , and you tried out and made BBL elite, why would you now tell that kid, he is not welcome in Denver? plenty of kids for various reasons don't make the cutoff but are in 7th grade, and that's ok, find a replacement for that player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't you think that sends a pretty bad message to the existing players? I don't know bbl directors from a whole in the wall, but to me, if your on age, and you tried out and made BBL elite, why would you now tell that kid, he is not welcome in Denver? plenty of kids for various reasons don't make the cutoff but are in 7th grade, and that's ok, find a replacement for that player

I don't know the director either. My guess, they are just looking to add players not replace. 13-year-old boys love the WSYL idea if BBL can pick up a couple of studs that play for other programs because they send a team to WSYL. That's called good marketing!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard