BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the little kid who looked like Tie Domi dropping kids all over the place? I wonder how old he was?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI folks need to realize bigger, strong, faster athletes are starting to play the game. these kids may in fact get held back if they go to private school. what then? the days of average athletes playing lacrosse at a high level will be over when this group gets to college. by the way, will still be a way less athlete than football and basketball...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI folks need to realize bigger, strong, faster athletes are starting to play the game. these kids may in fact get held back if they go to private school. what then? the days of average athletes playing lacrosse at a high level will be over when this group gets to college. by the way, will still be a way less athlete than football and basketball...

I stopped reading after “LI folks need to realize”. You’re a joke. Enjoy your day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where to begin? Besides the nasty stereotype and slur about “LI folk”, and the ignorant, snarky comment (and possibly racist or at least culturally demeaning insinuation about LI lacrosse players) about the great new athletes playing lacrosse still being “way inferior” to football and basketball players.. you completely contradict yourself. You state that the new “great athletes” coming in will mean that average Long Island kids, who have been playing and dominating lacrosse because they have been training for it, will be knocked out, because all top players will need to be great athletes, and the LI kids were skating by with lesser talent...

Yet at the same time, you criticize people who simply don’t want a much older kid playing down to dominate younger kids. Holding back a kid at 17 or 18 isn’t nearly the same as holding back a 10 year old kid. HUGE difference, and unfair, and especially prevalent in other geographic areas, which already have an advantage by pushing up cutoff dates..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a notIntelligent conversation. Long Island Players will always be great players because they are into it and have great coaching. same reason there are so many great hockey players come out of simbury ontario. If teams choose to play kids that are older against younger kids it only helps the younger kids more. dont worry about the wins and losses just worry about competitive lacrosse, and if older kids or parents rather need that for their ego, they are actually only hurting their kids.
More importantly what tournaments are there this weekend or games? what divisions etc. likely outcomes???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 at NAL on Nov 10th - any thoughts

Annapolis Hawks
BBL Black
Bethesda LC Blue
Express North – Lemma
Legecy Eels
Madlax
NH Tomawks
Prime Time
South Shore
Towermen Lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hawks will run through that. only one team last summer could compete w them and seems like they better this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
baltimore players know they can’t compete, so that’s why they don’t go to WSOL, they were blown out by Long Island players the first year and never wanted to compete again, because there are age rules.
Keep playing in the tournaments that allow you to be one two or three years older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news from how Blatant Fall Jam looked? anybody there, i saw that CSH won.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Long Island Lacrosse Club looked real good and I heard a few of their top guys weren't even there for the game against CSH.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Raisinglaxers
Long Island Lacrosse Club looked real good and I heard a few of their top guys weren't even there for the game against CSH.

Thanks Long Island lacrosse club dad !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the best teams at this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most would agree Express Haugen and 91 Orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much 91 and express. After that there is a big drop-off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if the answer is Express, is their face off kid still playing on this level, or was he pulled up to 2025?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
He plays for both 2025 and 2026...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if the answer is Express, is their face off kid still playing on this level, or was he pulled up to 2025?

Playing with both team to my knowledge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strangely, nothing out yet on Tourney, regarding Tristar Octoberfest coming up on Saturday.. should be a lot more quality teams than there were at Blatant Fall Jam.. I hear

Express Haugen,
Igloo Dire Wolves,
LI Outlaws,
LI rebels,
Long Island Knights,
Rebels 2026,
Shore2Shore

so far.. one division I assume?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 at NAL on Nov 10th - any thoughts

Annapolis Hawks
BBL Black
Bethesda LC Blue
Express North – Lemma
Legecy Eels
Madlax
NH Tomawks
Prime Time
South Shore
Towermen Lacrosse

My thoughts are that the Balto-DC area clubs (and Boston) do so much holding back and mercenary wrangling for big tourneys that you wonder if integrity means anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91?
I assume you mean only on Long Island, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91?

Long Island, Idaho, North Dakota and Maine..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91?

Yes. 91 Orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strangely, nothing out yet on Tourney, regarding Tristar Octoberfest coming up on Saturday.. should be a lot more quality teams than there were at Blatant Fall Jam.. I hear

Express Haugen,
Igloo Dire Wolves,
LI Outlaws,
LI rebels,
Long Island Knights,
Rebels 2026,
Shore2Shore

You mentioned Rebels twice. Are you just guessing that these teams will be there? If it's an express tourney I would expect express north teams to be there as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and Igloo will be in the finals of this, I don't think any of the other teams can compete with them.

Express Haugen,
Igloo Dire Wolves,
LI Outlaws,
LI rebels,
Long Island Knights,
Rebels 2026,
Shore2Shore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the top 10 2026 teams around here I think it is.

1. 91
2. Express
3.Igloo
4. Roar
5. Express North

6-10 could be Shore to Shore, Outlaws, Rebels, Long Island Lacrosse Club, Rockville Centre

Any thoughts???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why some think 91 Orange is better than Igloo Dire Wolves. They played twice last Spring- Igloo lost in braveheart in first game (despite outplaying 91 the entire game), and then Igloo crushed 91 at LaxFest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that igloo dad!
Not sure why some think 91 Orange is better than Igloo Dire Wolves. They played twice last Spring- Igloo lost in braveheart in first game (despite outplaying 91 the entire game), and then Igloo crushed 91 at LaxFest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That braveheart was crazy,, each team had at least one chance at the goal, I think maybe that person put them a little lower in their rankings because they got smoked at the same tournament by express, I guess you could say Express 91 Igloo are clearly three in some fashion, but who would you put after that to fill out the top 10?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That braveheart was crazy,, each team had at least one chance at the goal, I think maybe that person put them a little lower in their rankings because they got smoked at the same tournament by express, I guess you could say Express 91 Igloo are clearly three in some fashion, but who would you put after that to fill out the top 10?

Those three are the top 3 teams. My son does not play on either of the 3 but has played against them. As an outsider it would seem to be Express, 91 Orange, Igloo, and then a fall off of teams that could beat each other any given game. Express North, Harveys, Moose, Outlaws, Shore 2 Shore, Legacy, Roar... Once outside of that it doesn't really matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91?

Long Island, Idaho, North Dakota and Maine..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those three are the top 3 teams. My son does not play on either of the 3 but has played against them. As an outsider it would seem to be Express, 91 Orange, Igloo, and then a fall off of teams that could beat each other any given game. Express North, Harveys, Moose, Outlaws, Shore 2 Shore, Legacy, Roar... Once outside of that it doesn't really matter.

Nobody can argue that the Express and 91 2026 teams were the best two on Long Island last year. And Igloo had probably been the best (in 2026) the two previous years, so they clearly knew that they needed to make changes and adapt this year (and Igloo did make a lot of major changes).. so we can expect those three at the top this year; but as you see in other age groups, as kids hit ~fifth grade, new kids who were afterthoughts in past years start to get their mojo. And many players move to other teams for opportunity to develop, so you do see a reshuffling of the deck. My opinion is you’ll see one or two other teams start to separate from that lower tier, and at least be somewhat competitive with the top three. Without naming names, look for organizations that had larger talent pools to pick from this year, and that have had significant turnover...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody can argue that the Express and 91 2026 teams were the best two on Long Island last year. And Igloo had probably been the best (in 2026) the two previous years, so they clearly knew that they needed to make changes and adapt this year (and Igloo did make a lot of major changes).. so we can expect those three at the top this year; but as you see in other age groups, as kids hit ~fifth grade, new kids who were afterthoughts in past years start to get their mojo. And many players move to other teams for opportunity to develop, so you do see a reshuffling of the deck. My opinion is you’ll see one or two other teams start to separate from that lower tier, and at least be somewhat competitive with the top three. Without naming names, look for organizations that had larger talent pools to pick from this year, and that have had significant turnover...

Why being so cryptic? What clubs are you talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why being so cryptic? What clubs are you talking about

Probably the same guy who talks about Shore 2 Shore having 60+ kids at tryouts including a dozen Igloo helmets. His kid probably moved over there and its significant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore 2 shore will have their chance this weekend. the tournament will show where teams are at. Igloo is competing express and some others. between last week and this week you will get an idea. I do agree, as these main teams continue to carry so many people, kids will leave and go and there might be a little bump in some of the other teams. I am not sure it will dilute the top 3 all that much though, Club lacrosse is not using the NFL model where even the weaker teams move up quickly. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore 2 shore will have their chance this weekend. the tournament will show where teams are at. Igloo is competing express and some others. between last week and this week you will get an idea. I do agree, as these main teams continue to carry so many people, kids will leave and go and there might be a little bump in some of the other teams. I am not sure it will dilute the top 3 all that much though, Club lacrosse is not using the NFL model where even the weaker teams move up quickly. lol

I think this Nor' Easter coming Sat may ruin your opinion. I think it will get cancelled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday is cancelled. So we wont get to see what happens this weekend. But coaches i think are trying to arrange games with each other as a substitute in the coming weeks, at least to get some work in before the fall ends. post if you hear about any confirmed games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney cancelled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney cancelled

Saturday is cancelled. So we wont get to see what happens this weekend. But coaches i think are trying to arrange games with each other as a substitute in the coming weeks, at least to get some work in before the fall ends. post if you hear about any confirmed games.

Where did you see that tristar octoberfest tourney was cancelled?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Was it cancelled for weather or because they couldn't get enough teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am guessing anticipating the weather, i cant imagine that they couldn't get enough teams, but i guess we will never know that as it has been cancelled.

Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard