BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 52 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

My kids are done so have no money in this BUT love the game.Thats pretty good for a little ol suny school! Bet you wish your kid made different choice. Lots of teams don't make it that far and they are there year after year now. Pretty sure that they had some tough losses in those games OT, 1 Goal games.
As for the games yesterday Syracuse beat Florida pretty good and Stony Brook beat Syracuse.
It is fall ball.
Fun to watch

You miss the entire point.

Why would you bet that I wish my kid made a different choice?

SBU people are funny, they pound their chest every chance they get, boast of their gaudy regular season record and carry on about other schools and teams,

They then turn around and say well it's pretty good for a SUNY school.

Be happy wherever your kid plays or played,

Point is SB is a "team" full of kids that were told they weren't good enough by all the perennial powerhouses and they seem to do just fine.

No, that was not the point.

By the way, Stony Brook is a "perennial powerhouse" as The Seawolves have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past six season (in 2012 they were just outside the Top 20 (listed as others receiving votes). That fact puts Stony Brook in the elite category with maybe 10 - 12 other programs. Off the top of my head I would bet:

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Boston College
Princeton
Florida
Syracuse
Virginia
Penn

Penn State?
Duke?
Notre Dame?

Thats pretty good company, to be recognized in the Top 20 six times in six years is very impressive. So to say "SB is a "team" full of kids that were told they weren't good enough by all the perennial powerhouses" is really not accurate. Stony Brook is a perennial powerhouse. Maybe it would be more accurate to say "many of the schools the players or their parents wanted the players to go do did not make an offer" IDK. My guess is that many of those Stony Brook players were offered at other schools but the offers were not attractive enough for the parent or players.

Stony Brook has been given a tremendous amount of pres and hype by Inside Lacrosse and Lacrosse Magazine over the past 5 - 7 years. As much if not more than any other program.

How many U19 USA players? UA? Nike? HS top 30?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Florida had a real coach they should have at least 2 national championships over the last 8 years

Why? They get talented players but not near the talent that UNC, or Maryland gets year after year and honestly many of the players they have landed did not exactly have the reputation of being very coachable.

They had way more than SB ever had and did NADA. Florida coaching is terrible. The girls win in spite of the coach on talent alone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kids are done so have no money in this BUT love the game.Thats pretty good for a little ol suny school! Bet you wish your kid made different choice. Lots of teams don't make it that far and they are there year after year now. Pretty sure that they had some tough losses in those games OT, 1 Goal games.
As for the games yesterday Syracuse beat Florida pretty good and Stony Brook beat Syracuse.
It is fall ball.
Fun to watch

You miss the entire point.

Why would you bet that I wish my kid made a different choice?

SBU people are funny, they pound their chest every chance they get, boast of their gaudy regular season record and carry on about other schools and teams,

They then turn around and say well it's pretty good for a SUNY school.

Be happy wherever your kid plays or played,

Point is SB is a "team" full of kids that were told they weren't good enough by all the perennial powerhouses and they seem to do just fine.

No, that was not the point.

By the way, Stony Brook is a "perennial powerhouse" as The Seawolves have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past six season (in 2012 they were just outside the Top 20 (listed as others receiving votes). That fact puts Stony Brook in the elite category with maybe 10 - 12 other programs. Off the top of my head I would bet:

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Boston College
Princeton
Florida
Syracuse
Virginia
Penn

Penn State?
Duke?
Notre Dame?

Thats pretty good company, to be recognized in the Top 20 six times in six years is very impressive. So to say "SB is a "team" full of kids that were told they weren't good enough by all the perennial powerhouses" is really not accurate. Stony Brook is a perennial powerhouse. Maybe it would be more accurate to say "many of the schools the players or their parents wanted the players to go do did not make an offer" IDK. My guess is that many of those Stony Brook players were offered at other schools but the offers were not attractive enough for the parent or players.

Stony Brook has been given a tremendous amount of pres and hype by Inside Lacrosse and Lacrosse Magazine over the past 5 - 7 years. As much if not more than any other program.

How many U19 USA players? UA? Nike? HS top 30?

Not sure why you want change the topic and bring it back to that? But to answer your question... I do not know. I assume none. Why do you bring it up? I assume none of the players who garner such accolade choose to attend Stony Brook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Florida had a real coach they should have at least 2 national championships over the last 8 years

Why? They get talented players but not near the talent that UNC, or Maryland gets year after year and honestly many of the players they have landed did not exactly have the reputation of being very coachable.

They had way more than SB ever had and did NADA. Florida coaching is terrible. The girls win in spite of the coach on talent alone

So, what are you saying? Are you saying Stony Brook wins in spite of the players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, what are you saying? Are you saying Stony Brook wins in spite of the players?

I'm saying Spalina, UNC, Maryland, BC coach up players. I'm saying for many years I believe Florida had better players than SB and they did nothing. Im saying that with a better coach at Florida they should have 2 national championships

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm saying Spalina, UNC, Maryland, BC coach up players. I'm saying for many years I believe Florida had better players than SB and they did nothing. Im saying that with a better coach at Florida they should have 2 national championships

Spallina is the best coach in the business so comparing to him is unfair and by the way he has won zero national championships. UNC and MD bring in the best recruiting classes year after year . BC has won nothing so the teams have been not much different in terms of accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

Over the past four years Stony Brook has had more All Americans than Florida. Please stop with the nonsense.

Stony Brook has been loaded with talent .

Very few teams have had more All Americans than Stony Brook has had over the past four years. So I guess you could say Stony a Brook had also done Nada.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same goes for notre dame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

Over the past four years Stony Brook has had more All Americans than Florida. Please stop with the nonsense.

Very few teams have had more All Americans than Stony Brook has had over the past four years. So I guess you could say Stony a Brook had also done Nada.

who said last 4 years? how long has florida coach been there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

who said last 4 years? how long has florida coach been there?

The Florida Women's Lacrosse Program was founded in 2010. Do you think they should have won the national championship in year 1, 2 or 3?
Pretty sure it took North Carolina 19 years to win a national championship .

Four years a relavent time period . The poster stated that "Florida had way more then SBU ever had ". That statement is not true.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

Stony Brook has been loaded with talent. Over the past four years here is a comparison to some other teams . Number of All American Selections In last four years.

Stony Brook: 14
Florida: 13
Notre Dame: 9
Syracuse: 9
Boston College: 7

Paints s little different pictur than the one painted on here. No shortage of talent at SBU...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

Stony Brook has been loaded with talent. Over the past four years here is a comparison to some other teams . Number of All American Selections In last four years.

Paints s little different pictur than the one painted on here. No shortage of talent at SBU...

To give a little more perspective ....

Maryland: 21 AA selections
North Carolina: 16 AA selections

In the last four years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

SB had 14 HS AA on their roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think you are all missing the point. Believe the poster was talking about accolades bestowed upon HS players entering SBU, or lack there of. This is credit to Spallina that he can identify “overlooked” talent and bring it in, or develop it, and get these players national recognition. It is true he gets much more out of what appears to be less. Give this guy the recruiting classes of MD, UNC or FL, it would not even be a contest for the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

To give a little more perspective ....

Maryland: 21 AA selections
North Carolina: 16 AA selections

In the last four years.

At a quick glance it looks like SB 2018 roster had 9 AA and one was a transfer who couldn't get out of Hofstra quick enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More Fake News.

SB had 14 HS AA on their roster?

No, not talking about HS accolades. I have no idea how many HS AA's SBU has. HS recognition is irrelevant, we are talking about Division I All Americans. Please stop with the BS about a lack off talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think you are all missing the point. Believe the poster was talking about accolades bestowed upon HS players entering SBU, or lack there of. This is credit to Spallina that he can identify “overlooked” talent and bring it in, or develop it, and get these players national recognition. It is true he gets much more out of what appears to be less. Give this guy the recruiting classes of MD, UNC or FL, it would not even be a contest for the championship.

Not missing any point. You are spreading fake news. Go take a look at the Bio's of the players who saw action in the BC game. Many HS All-Americans, All-Long Island, All County etc... Very few of these players were overlooked. They chose to go to Stony Brook for their own personal reasons. Stony Brook can be financially attractive, it is a good school, close to home etc... Every player / family has their own reason for selecting a school. Great to go to Duke, BC or ND but if you are only offered 30% that tuition bill can hurt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not missing any point. You are spreading fake news. Go take a look at the Bio's of the players who saw action in the BC game. Many HS All-Americans, All-Long Island, All County etc... Very few of these players were overlooked. They chose to go to Stony Brook for their own personal reasons. Stony Brook can be financially attractive, it is a good school, close to home etc... Every player / family has their own reason for selecting a school. Great to go to Duke, BC or ND but if you are only offered 30% that tuition bill can hurt.

School awards are something different. It takes hours and hours to give out the hundreds and hundreds of all the awards you mentioned above at the county award dinner. Those awards are great and nice for the kids, but drastically different than the awards that were being referenced by all the proceedings discussions. The accolades where many were overlooked are the US National teams, the UA teams, the IL lists and so forth. For every hundred girls that get an school based award, 1 of them get to these next level awards. And SBU recruits are overlooked at that level. It is not putting anyone down here, but it is very true. Spillina will be the first tell you the same exact thing, he talks about it and uses it as a selling point in his recruiting. And to his credit he takes many unheralded players out of recruiting, and turns them into record breaking All Americans at the D1 level. Its not going to happen for most of the players but certain some. It is a huge part of his pitch in recruiting girls, and a huge part of the playing with a chip on the shoulder mentality of his teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School awards are something different. It takes hours and hours to give out the hundreds and hundreds of all the awards you mentioned above at the county award dinner. Those awards are great and nice for the kids, but drastically different than the awards that were being referenced by all the proceedings discussions. The accolades where many were overlooked are the US National teams, the UA teams, the IL lists and so forth. For every hundred girls that get an school based award, 1 of them get to these next level awards. And SBU recruits are overlooked at that level. It is not putting anyone down here, but it is very true. Spillina will be the first tell you the same exact thing, he talks about it and uses it as a selling point in his recruiting. And to his credit he takes many unheralded players out of recruiting, and turns them into record breaking All Americans at the D1 level. Its not going to happen for most of the players but certain some. It is a huge part of his pitch in recruiting girls, and a huge part of the playing with a chip on the shoulder mentality of his
teams.

It is Spin! There are not hundreds of players from Long Island being named HS All Americans. There are 8 per year in Suffolk and 9 per year in Nassau. How many girls does Newsday pick to be All Long Island? 20 or so? The large majority of their top players were very well known in HS. Few if any were overlooked. They might not have been the top recruits at many top programs but they were far from no names.
As you correctly stated it is their narrative but at the end of the day it is Spin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You SBU people are hilarious , people are saying that Spallina does an amazing job w the talent that he gets and you come back w the number of NCAA AA that SBU has had to prove that is just not true . The top high school talent does not want to go to SBU ,it’s the reason their incoming classes are never ranked high , is what it is , other than cost which many top recruits don’t have to worry about what’s the draw , the beautiful campus, lack of big time sports , cold weather .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School awards are something different. It takes hours and hours to give out the hundreds and hundreds of all the awards you mentioned above at the county award dinner. Those awards are great and nice for the kids, but drastically different than the awards that were being referenced by all the proceedings discussions. The accolades where many were overlooked are the US National teams, the UA teams, the IL lists and so forth. For every hundred girls that get an school based award, 1 of them get to these next level awards. And SBU recruits are overlooked at that level. It is not putting anyone down here, but it is very true. Spillina will be the first tell you the same exact thing, he talks about it and uses it as a selling point in his recruiting. And to his credit he takes many unheralded players out of recruiting, and turns them into record breaking All Americans at the D1 level. Its not going to happen for most of the players but certain some. It is a huge part of his pitch in recruiting girls, and a huge part of the playing with a chip on the shoulder mentality of his
teams.

It is Spin! There are not hundreds of players from Long Island being named HS All Americans. There are 8 per year in Suffolk and 9 per year in Nassau. How many girls does Newsday pick to be All Long Island? 20 or so? The large majority of their top players were very well known in HS. Few if any were overlooked. They might not have been the top recruits at many top programs but they were far from no names.
As you correctly stated it is their narrative but at the end of the day it is Spin.

It’s not spin , has SB ever had a top 20 Inside Lacrosse recruit , or a top 10 recruiting class etc .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody see any fall ball this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teams.

It’s not spin , has SB ever had a top 20 Inside Lacrosse recruit , or a top 10 recruiting class etc .

It absolutely is spin. Just like you are trying to spin it. The discussion had nothing to do with HS accolades until a spin doctor tried to change the discussion and bring it up.

Stony Brook poster took a shot at Florida saying they have had more talent then Stony Brook and they have done NADA. It was then pointed out that in actuality Stony Brook has had more All-American selections than Florida over the past four years and they have also done NADA.

It was pointed out that the fact is that based on their regular season success and recognition Stony Brook has been the most under achieving team in the country.

So, facts are pointed out and what do the SBU people do? They try to change the narrative and make it about "We do pretty good for a team of no names who were all overlooked by the perennial powers". Another lie by the way, as it was also pointed out that Stony Brook actually is one of the "perennial powers" considering they are one of a very select group of 10 -12 Teams that have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past six years.

The fact is that the majority of the top players for Stony Brook had very good HS careers. Just about all of them were named Captain of their team (which says a lot about the player / person). I agree with you that most of the HS accolades are very watered down and meaningless.There are way too many and they are really not based on ability. It is almost an everybody gets a trophy situation. That said, being named one of the nine All-Americans from Nassau and eight from Suffolk is a nice recognition.

In any event, the discussion was about "actual talent" not HS accolades. and the reality is that Stony Brook has had a lot of talent. The players may not have all been UA All Americans or Top 20 recruits but they were far from no-names.

At the end of the day it is self serving spin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It absolutely is spin. Just like you are trying to spin it. The discussion had nothing to do with HS accolades until a spin doctor tried to change the discussion and bring it up.

Stony Brook poster took a shot at Florida saying they have had more talent then Stony Brook and they have done NADA. It was then pointed out that in actuality Stony Brook has had more All-American selections than Florida over the past four years and they have also done NADA.

It was pointed out that the fact is that based on their regular season success and recognition Stony Brook has been the most under achieving team in the country.

So, facts are pointed out and what do the SBU people do? They try to change the narrative and make it about "We do pretty good for a team of no names who were all overlooked by the perennial powers". Another lie by the way, as it was also pointed out that Stony Brook actually is one of the "perennial powers" considering they are one of a very select group of 10 -12 Teams that have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past six years.

The fact is that the majority of the top players for Stony Brook had very good HS careers. Just about all of them were named Captain of their team (which says a lot about the player / person). I agree with you that most of the HS accolades are very watered down and meaningless.There are way too many and they are really not based on ability. It is almost an everybody gets a trophy situation. That said, being named one of the nine All-Americans from Nassau and eight from Suffolk is a nice recognition.

In any event, the discussion was about "actual talent" not HS accolades. and the reality is that Stony Brook has had a lot of talent. The players may not have all been UA All Americans or Top 20 recruits but they were far from no-names.

Actually it is your spin. The original poster was saying that Florida coach is terrible in that she brings in a lot of talented players but the team underacheives every year .When someone points out that Spallina gets the most out of the talent he brings in the SBU parents get annoyed because they don’t think of their own kids and teammates as being players that were not highly regarded in high school . Fact is that it’s somewhere in between. Do the top players from LI , MD , etc want to go to SBU , no .Do many of those top players want to go to UNC, Maryland , yes. Is what it is but SBU does not get very highly regarded recruiting classes coming in year after year which is difficult to do as rarely do players from out of state want to go to SBU so the pool is limited .
Basing the perceived talent level of incoming players on high school accolades including being a captain is lacking , I know many of the current SB players and also know that most had little interest from other top 5-10 programs .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it is your spin. The original poster was saying that Florida coach is terrible in that she brings in a lot of talented players but the team underacheives every year .When someone points out that Spallina gets the most out of the talent he brings in the SBU parents get annoyed because they don’t think of their own kids and teammates as being players that were not highly regarded in high school . Fact is that it’s somewhere in between. Do the top players from LI , MD , etc want to go to SBU , no .Do many of those top players want to go to UNC, Maryland , yes. Is what it is but SBU does not get very highly regarded recruiting classes coming in year after year which is difficult to do as rarely do players from out of state want to go to SBU so the pool is limited .
Basing the perceived talent level of incoming players on high school accolades including being a captain is lacking , I know many of the current SB players and also know that most had little interest from other top 5-10 programs .

You are changing it again. Below are the posts that started the discussion, none made any mention of HS accolades:

Original post that started it: "Any insight to playday at Manhasset? Heard FL looked great . Other teams?"

Response: "FL always looks great until it matters - SB was the most impressive team there by far"

Response to above: "What is the saying? Something about glass houses?

Talk about looking great until it matters.... It is repeated over and over on this site how certain teams under achieve every year... the two programs that are attacked most often are probably Notre Dame and Florida (haters gonna hate). The reality is that for the past several years the most under achieving team "when it matters" has been Stony Brook.

Talk about a team that "always looks great until it matters" Take a look at their track record when it matters.... Abysmal.

Actual results are what actually matter... here are Stony Brook's

2014: 16 - 3 going into the tournament. Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2015: 18 - 1 going into the tournament. Lost to Princeton in round of 16.

2016: 15 - 3 going into the tournament. Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2017: 18 - 1 going into the tournament. Lost to Maryland in round of 8.

2018: 19 - 0 going into the tournament. Lost to Boston College in round of 8."

__________-________0_-_-_--_--=+-_+

Then here are then a few posts pointing out that Stony Brook has become a perennial power and has been in the company of the Top 10 - 12 programs for a number of years now.

Also, it was pointed out that SBU has actually had more All American Selections then Florida over the past four years.

Then and only then does the narrative change to: How many UA AA's , U19, Top 20 recruits?

Once the player hits the college level, all HS accolades are meaningless. In college it is about how you perform when you are there and the Stony Brook Players have obviously performed at a high level and have garnered slightly more All Americans than Florida. Stony Brook has had more talent.

Looking at last years Stony Brook Roster (only looked at the players who played in their final game) The majority were highly regarded coming out of HS. Several were named All-American and I am sure they were not overlooked. They might not have been top recruits for places like Florida, MD, UNC, ND, BC but I am sure they were the Top Recruits for Stony Brook.

Those players were good coming in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In any event, the discussion was about "actual talent" not HS accolades. and the reality is that Stony Brook has had a lot of talent.

You are changing it again. Below are the posts that started the discussion, none made any mention of HS accolades:

Original post that started it: "Any insight to playday at Manhasset? Heard FL looked great . Other teams?"

Response: "FL always looks great until it matters - SB was the most impressive team there by far"

Talk about looking great until it matters.... It is repeated over and over on this site how certain teams under achieve every year... the two programs that are attacked most often are probably Notre Dame and Florida (haters gonna hate). The reality is that for the past several years the most under achieving team "when it matters" has been Stony Brook.

Talk about a team that "always looks great until it matters" Take a look at their track record when it matters.... Abysmal.

Then here are then a few posts pointing out that Stony Brook has become a perennial power and has been in the company of the Top 10 - 12 programs for a number of years now.

Also, it was pointed out that SBU has actually had more All American Selections then Florida over the past four years.

Then and only then does the narrative change to: How many UA AA's , U19, Top 20 recruits?

Looking at last years Stony Brook Roster (only looked at the players who played in their final game) The majority were highly regarded coming out of HS. Several were named All-American and I am sure they were not overlooked. They might not have been top recruits for places like Florida, MD, UNC, ND, BC but I am sure they were the Top Recruits for Stony Brook.

Point is on the National landscape Sb is taking an unknown kid and turning them into better players than many many many “top “ power schools I’m talking National and to your point Spallina clearly recruits differently and chases a certain player that he rates highly. So in his eyes he’s getting his player. Nationally under achieving schools are getting top recruits and doing nothing. Such as ND Florida USC Duke Syracuse etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once the player hits the college level, all HS accolades are meaningless. In college it is about how you perform when you are there and the Stony Brook Players have obviously performed at a high level and have garnered slightly more All Americans than Florida. Stony Brook has had more talent.

Good god man. Make it stop. Here is what you need to hear...
SBU recruits the best players with the highest recruit pedigree in NCAA. It’s the Who’s who of recruiting classes.
Seems to be about the only thing that will appease this hang-up. Let move on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In any event, the discussion was about "actual talent" not HS accolades. and the reality is that Stony Brook has had a lot of talent.

Point is on the National landscape Sb is taking an unknown kid and turning them into better players than many many many “top “ power schools I’m talking National and to your point Spallina clearly recruits differently and chases a certain player that he rates highly. So in his eyes he’s getting his player. Nationally under achieving schools are getting top recruits and doing nothing. Such as ND Florida USC Duke Syracuse etc

Please stop. For the most part stony brooks top players were all known on the National Landscape and all he plays is his top players. KO, TO, AK etc... Didn't fly under anyone's radar. Most if not all of the HS All Americans that went to SBU played YJ and played at all the top tournaments. This notion that he is taking no name players that nobody wants is a myth. Maybe he fills the roster with many of those players but the majority of the stars were HS AA's. The way some of you talk you would think he has won a National Championship.

He is obviously a very good coach and has built a great program. He has not turned water into wine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early preseason rankings

1- Boston College
2 - Maryland
3 - North Carolina
4 - Florida
5 - Princeton
6 - Penn
7 - Virginia Tech
8 - Towson
9 - Syracuse
10 - James Madison
11 - Northwestern
12 - Loyola
13 - Stanford
14 - Stony Brook
15 - Navy
16 - Notre Dame
17 - Duke
18 - Penn State
19 - Georgetown
20 - Dartmouth
21 - Colorado
22 - USC
23 - Virginia
24 - Denver
25 - Michigan

Looking forward to a fun fall and another great season.

Fall Ball is upon us! Good luck to all.

With regard to the ranking above: Stony Brook too high. Northwestern too low. Virginia Tech too high. Dartmouth too low. Penn State has a chance to jump back into the top 10. USC also too low.

Boston college is certainly the front runner but all of the top 5 plus Northwestern have a shot.

Seriously , why do you think NW has a legit shot, they lost something like 7 of their top players to graduation. They are going to win less games than last year.

I agree that Northwestern should be ranked higher. Northwestern will finish the year ranked ahead of James Madison, Syracuse, Towson, Virginia Tech and Penn.

So now that we have seen a few games.
How do we feel about the pre season poll?
Any changes?
Few months before the season starts should be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good god man. Make it stop. Here is what you need to hear...
SBU recruits the best players with the highest recruit pedigree in NCAA. It’s the Who’s who of recruiting classes.
Seems to be about the only thing that will appease this hang-up. Let move on...

No, don't need to hear that at all. Just stop the spin and it will all go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early preseason rankings

1- Boston College
2 - Maryland
3 - North Carolina
4 - Florida
5 - Princeton
6 - Penn
7 - Virginia Tech
8 - Towson
9 - Syracuse
10 - James Madison
11 - Northwestern
12 - Loyola
13 - Stanford
14 - Stony Brook
15 - Navy
16 - Notre Dame
17 - Duke
18 - Penn State
19 - Georgetown
20 - Dartmouth
21 - Colorado
22 - USC
23 - Virginia
24 - Denver
25 - Michigan

Looking forward to a fun fall and another great season.

Fall Ball is upon us! Good luck to all.

With regard to the ranking above: Stony Brook too high. Northwestern too low. Virginia Tech too high. Dartmouth too low. Penn State has a chance to jump back into the top 10. USC also too low.

Boston college is certainly the front runner but all of the top 5 plus Northwestern have a shot.

Seriously , why do you think NW has a legit shot, they lost something like 7 of their top players to graduation. They are going to win less games than last year.

I agree that Northwestern should be ranked higher. Northwestern will finish the year ranked ahead of James Madison, Syracuse, Towson, Virginia Tech and Penn.

So now that we have seen a few games.
How do we feel about the pre season poll?
Any changes?
Few months before the season starts should be fun to watch.

As with last year, seeding will be crucial. Tough to bet against the BC, MD and UNC after that I think a bunch of teams will be fighting for that fourth spot. Important to be playing well down the stretch in order to secure a Top Four or Six Seed. Home field advantage and having a bye really helps.

Duke back in the Top 10 by seasons end.
Don't think Va Tech will finish in the Top 10.
Loyola could surprise and be fighting for a Top Six Seed.
Dartmouth could challenge Princeton and Penn in the Ivy.
Will be interesting to see JMU and Towson Battle.
USC better than 22.

Are there any teams not ranked pre-season that can make some noise?

Can't wait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OP here. The reference to Florida was at the end of the Gilroy run. Florida had more than enough to win a lot more than they did. Whoever mentioned ND is right as well. Since the topic turned to Spalina and SB I think all you need to know about him is he packed up a bunch of D2 Adelphi transfers and got SB into the top 10 almost over night, Now Spallina has to win the big one but he has done more with less than a lot of coaches. His girls don't enter SB on the same level as many of the UNC and Maryland recruits but after a few years he has some lesser known's playing like all americans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am waiting for the spin police or spiniot to tell us the top 20 high school player that SBU got coming out of high school while FL, UNC, Maryland, ND get these players every year. Again not sure but has an Inside Lacrosse top 20 player ever selected to go to SBU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OP here. The reference to Florida was at the end of the Gilroy run. Florida had more than enough to win a lot more than they did. Whoever mentioned ND is right as well. Since the topic turned to Spalina and SB I think all you need to know about him is he packed up a bunch of D2 Adelphi transfers and got SB into the top 10 almost over night, Now Spallina has to win the big one but he has done more with less than a lot of coaches. His girls don't enter SB on the same level as many of the UNC and Maryland recruits but after a few years he has some lesser known's playing like all americans

If you are named All-American in HS in Nassau or Suffolk you are very well know to all of the Top College coaches. An advantage the HS AA's that chose to attend SBU have is that most will be able to step in and play right away. Stony Brook does not get the depth of talent that some of the other Top Programs do. Many HS AA's might have to sit behind a College AA at places like MD and UNC or they play but do not get the recognition right away. Just look at the All American teams from last year... How many freshman All Americans were there. The coach has done a great job but the spin and hype is a bit much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am waiting for the spin police or spiniot to tell us the top 20 high school player that SBU got coming out of high school while FL, UNC, Maryland, ND get these players every year. Again not sure but has an Inside Lacrosse top 20 player ever selected to go to SBU.

All this does is prove the point, that the lists are not 100% spot on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU does more with less playing a subpar schedule every year. Wake me up when they actually beat one of the big dogs.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Any insight on how LIU Post will handle the women’s program’s folding into D1 from D2?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All this does is prove the point, that the lists are not 100% spot on.

It doesn't prove anything and still wondering how the discussion turned back to Top 20 HS Rankings.

Players can improve over time. How many Four Year First Team All-Americas have there been? We see players who are not recognized as AA's as freshmen go on to recieve AA recognition as an upper classmen. Does that mean the selections were not accurate?

The narrative out of the Stony Brook folk is...
We are a poor little SUNY school. We win with no-name players who were overlooked by the powerhouse programs. JS gets more out of his players than any coach in the history of lacrosse at every level. JS is the only person on the planet who was able to recognize the talent and potential of his players. Bla Bla bla ....

It is the mantra that is pushed .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Any insight on how LIU Post will handle the women’s program’s folding into D1 from D2?

Newsday made it sound like it was not going smoothly with kids potentially transferring to be closer to the facilities and then tryout if you were on the D2 team. One could argue that the Post D2 team could beat the D1 LIU Brooklyn team 80% of the time so not sure how that flies....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that everyone will have to tryout from a former player.

Page 32 of 52 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard