BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,102
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 131 of 267 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NORTHPORT?????????????? Seriously

Now that's funny

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NORTHPORT?????????????? Seriously

Now that's funny

Not that funny, heard they were preseason rank of 4.
Great start. Can't wait to see how the schedule layout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 Ranked by High school coaches are
WM
Smith W
West I
Northport
Bayshore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone will compete with WM too many weapons after that they are all competing for second . Good luck to all the teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM
Smith W
West I
Northport
Bayshore

Northport will never go anywhere with that coach. He retired from teaching but still coaching, don't know how he pulled that off with his record.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Ward Melville

Bwahahah, Its them, then everyone else! First year that I am not so sure 2 - 10 are separated by much.

Someone threw in Haupagge, What about Mt Sinai? Hills East, East Ilsip?

But didnt the coaches already sit about the rankings, what was the outcome from that?

WM was ranked number one in D1
Mount Sinai ranked 1 in D2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM
Smith W
West I
Northport
Bayshore

Northport will never go anywhere with that coach. He retired from teaching but still coaching, don't know how he pulled that off with his record.

Where did you get these rankings? How does the rest of the top 10 layout? What about Riverhead? I'd swap out Northport with Riverhead. Who does Northport have coming back who did they loose? Riverhead has at least 2 Mids 2 Att 2 Def a goalie and a faceoff coming back. What does Northport have 2 maybe 3 players. Id put Northport with Sachem and that is not a dig, I think they will both be good teams but not top 4. Where does Connetquott and HHE stand. or how about Smithtown East they are a dangerous team what about Commack.

Any of the teams do a winter league or any fall games where we can watch them play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM
Smith W
West I
Northport
Bayshore

Where did you get these rankings? How does the rest of the top 10 layout? What about Riverhead? I'd swap out Northport with Riverhead. Who does Northport have coming back who did they loose? Riverhead has at least 2 Mids 2 Att 2 Def a goalie and a faceoff coming back. What does Northport have 2 maybe 3 players. Id put Northport with Sachem and that is not a dig, I think they will both be good teams but not top 4. Where does Connetquott and HHE stand. or how about Smithtown East they are a dangerous team what about Commack.

Any of the teams do a winter league or any fall games where we can watch them play?

What About West Islip ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM
Smith W
West I
Northport
Bayshore

What About West Islip ??

What about them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI has been irrelevant for a decade

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That statement is just Fake news. Go away troll.

They have not been a true contender for five or six years but they have been pretty good. They had a great run from around 2002 - 2012. Before that not much to show and since then a bit of a drop off. Not sure how they will do this year but I do not think they will be in the mix for a county championship. New year, new coach who knows maybe they will surprise. Certainly should be top six in league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next 5
Again by Coaches, they sit down and vote
6 Commack
7 Hills east
8 Sachem East
9 Smithtown East
10 Riverhead

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Suffolk B? SWR, BBP, Islip, Mt. Sinai, Harborfields.......Lots of parity, should be interesting. Any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know the teams as welll as I think I do.
West Islip has a great shot at 3, maybe even 2 if not for Smith West fogo.
I think Smithtown East and Riverhead should be ranked a lot higher closer to BShore.

Not my ending prediction but yeah I think smarter than the coaches preseason

Ward
Swest
Wslip
Vrhead
Bshore
Seast
Hillse
Nport
Sachem
Mack

You know a fun idea, the townships do an all star game against each other. Gives areas like Smithtown the chance to play one more time together like they did when they were little as Combined team. Or maybe as qualifying for Nassau Suffolk game.

Babylon
Huntington
Islip
Smithtown
Brookhaven
Riverhead and East (south/shelter)
Hamptons (south/east)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Suffolk B? SWR, BBP, Islip, Mt. Sinai, Harborfields.......Lots of parity, should be interesting. Any thoughts?

all of these schools are C except for harborfields- B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, then call it Div II, which is where they all play before playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, then call it Div II, which is where they all play before playoffs

i think in B- comseqogue and hills west C- SWR Mt Sinia Islip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. 1 junior Brennan O'Neill, A, St. Anthony's (N.Y.) / @team91lacrosse has flipped from @PennStateMLAX to @DukeMLAX. I spoke with the 6'2, 235-pound generational talent about his decision to become a Blue Devil: http://bit.ly/2yJ7miW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516
Garden City will win it all again this year on the Nassau division. Bethpage has a few key returning players but not much depth so we'll see how they do.

Bethpage? What about CSH, Wantagh, Locust Valley, Floral Park, Lynbrook & North Shore. Bethpage will be lucky to finish 4th. Most of the teams on this list have the potential to beat each other.

Wantagh / CSH . Two horse race.

Out in Suffolk, Huntington will be worse this year than they were last year. Lost a key player or two to private school and they were bad to begin with.

Re CSH & Wantagh very likely true. Locust Valley offense should be explosive and they have a goalie that can be a difference maker. Floral park has some key returning SR's on Offense, have a pretty good fogo and solid Long stick. North Shore has a great do-it-all player on offense along with two solid attackmen that when tghey play their roles can be extremely effective, plus at least 1 solid defenseman and very good coaching. Bethpage does have some quality returnees but graduated a ton of offense, could be good if they play smart and more disciplined. Although Lynbrook has some quality players they tend to be better than the sum of their parts due to the schemes they use. It will be an interesting year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That statement is just Fake news. Go away troll.

They have not been a true contender for five or six years but they have been pretty good. They had a great run from around 2002 - 2012. Before that not much to show and since then a bit of a drop off. Not sure how they will do this year but I do not think they will be in the mix for a county championship. New year, new coach who knows maybe they will surprise. Certainly should be top six in league.

Wow top 6 !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear 2018 Fall Event Player/Parent,
We regret to inform you that the 2018 Fall Edition Event scheduled for November 11th has been cancelled.
Unfortunately, there have not been enough players registering for the event to allow us to showcase your abilities in an appropriate amount of competitive games.
We pride ourselves in presenting our Long Island lacrosse players in the best possible showcase environment, and we feel in would be not be in your best interest to run an event that does not meet our standards of excellence.
We are issuing full refunds of your registration fee immediately. You should see a credit on your account within 10 days, if not sooner.
Board of Directors
Long Island Lacrosse Showcase

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully WI can take this football run over to the Lax field 2020 class has some great athletes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully WI can take this football run over to the Lax field 2020 class has some great athletes

Doesn't their best FB player play baseball? Not sure about how many lacrosse kids play FB. Did the player who left play football? WI should do okay in lacrosse but not sure they have the horses to compete for the county championship. I guess we will wait and see. That is why they play the games.

Good luck Lions, Good luck to the new coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Won a Class A Championship in 2012 and went to county final in 2014. If my math is correct that is less than 10 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does NYS reconfigure the state playoff bracket so that the two strongest Sections aren't knocking each other off so early in playoffs?

Nassau and Suffolk should be able to meet for the NYS state title. Until this happens, you don't really have a fair format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip finished FIRST just 2 seasons ago in 2016, in Suffolk County Class A, the most competitive public school league in the country. People are clueless about posting getting them back to relevance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip finished FIRST just 2 seasons ago in 2016, in Suffolk County Class A, the most competitive public school league in the country. People are clueless about posting getting them back to relevance.

No. They did not. Not trying to knock WI but I am pretty sure their last County Championship was back in 2012.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. They did not. Not trying to knock WI but I am pretty sure their last County Championship was back in 2012.

Here's some relevance for you Mr. Clueless, it was WM in 2016

https://projects.newsday.com/databases/long-island/high-school-boys-lacrosse-champions/?where=year=2016;level=Suffolk;class=Class%20A&offset=0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
State playoff format will not be changed back anytime soon. Down state/updtate was instituted to reduce cost and travel time for schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's some relevance for you Mr. Clueless, it was WM in 2016

https://projects.newsday.com/databases/long-island/high-school-boys-lacrosse-champions/?where=year=2016;level=Suffolk;class=Class%20A&offset=0

The last time WI made it to County Championship was in 2014, where they were smoked by Smithtown East, who also went on to beat WM in the Counties in 2015.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone has watched last year Ward Melville will dominate again this year and as for WI they will struggle they do not have any offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said they won the county championship. I said they finished first in 2016. They were the one seed in the playoffs that year. Look it up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question, with national letters of intents being signed soon, I have heard in prior years of boys who hadn't made the grade or rather SAT thresholds and had to switch. This year that doesn't seem to be the issue. Are this years crop of players as a whole just that much smarter? All I keep hearing are scores north of 1300. What does a 90's student need? What schools do you need it at? Or are schools much more lenient than past years or is it just much quitier?

What schools do you need a
1100+
1200+
1300+
1400+
1500+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends on how good you are...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI was first 1 seed Team ever to Lose to the 9 in 2nd Round of playoffs in 2016

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outcoached and outplayed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question, with national letters of intents being signed soon, I have heard in prior years of boys who hadn't made the grade or rather SAT thresholds and had to switch. This year that doesn't seem to be the issue. Are this years crop of players as a whole just that much smarter? All I keep hearing are scores north of 1300. What does a 90's student need? What schools do you need it at? Or are schools much more lenient than past years or is it just much quitier?

1100+
1200+
1300+
1400+
1500+

That is one of the reasons that Tierney left Princeton and headed West To Denver. The new President didn't want to sacrifice the education standards to let a few lax players in. He also didn't want to give money to "Wall Street Lawyers" Kids, as I heard it. Same with Dartmouth, they won't let a player in if they don't qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1100+
1200+
1300+
1400+
1500+

That is one of the reasons that Tierney left Princeton and headed West To Denver. The new President didn't want to sacrifice the education standards to let a few lax players in. He also didn't want to give money to "Wall Street Lawyers" Kids, as I heard it. Same with Dartmouth, they won't let a player in if they don't qualify.

Hmmm I think Tierny started seeing the direction that the school was going in regards to the overall student body at Princeton. He and his wife also wanted to go West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1100+
1200+
1300+
1400+
1500+

Hmmm I think Tierny started seeing the direction that the school was going in regards to the overall student body at Princeton. He and his wife also wanted to go West.

As a general rule, the Ivies require a 1300 or better, however, I know of one kid, who is not even a top recruit, who was told he needs a 1250 for Yale. Also, Ivies are not allowed to give athletic money. They only give need based aid. So it's only a good choice for kids with unlimited funds, or those with family income below 200k, where the aid can be better than the typical lax scholarship at other good schools. For a typical lax family with an income in the 300k range, although Ivies will provide a great opportunity for a high paying job, there will also be massive debt involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The greatest crime being committed today is the burdening of college bound students with back breaking debt. I coach a few kids who are choosing SUNY schools (Bing and Geneseo) instead of privates because of the final cost. I really can't blame and I thought it was a brave decision. Walking away from better programs to attend college without the immense debt.

Like Reply Quote
Page 131 of 267 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard