BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 111 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's talk about this particular article in Lacrosse Insider. It was covering the Ward Melville vs Chaminade game which we all already know.The title of the article :

This is one of the most incredible HS goals we have ever seen. I was hooked by the title right away. I wanted more had to click on it.

What's amazing about the article is the player who threw the inbounds pass. Remember the inbounds pass lol. Gets more ink and detailed write up than the player that actually scored the goal. This is the article below. After reading something just doesn't seem right here.

"The play; with Chaminade having possession of the ball with 5.9 seconds left in the half, trailing Ward Melville 7-4, Chaminade coach Jack CoachMor called for timeout.

The Flyers' (players name) who is headed to Yale after decommitting from John's Hopkins and who wears the prestigious No.19 this season, cleanly fed the inbounds pass to (players name)with about two seconds to go.

"(Players name) knowing he didn't have time to set and shoot, fired a spectacular over the shoulder behind the back shot that got past WM goalie with no time left on the clock.

Just think about it the player who scored the so called, "One of the most incredible HS goals we've seen "just gets a brief mention. Yet the kid who threw the inbounds pass gets all the ink. His number, school he decommitted from and where he's going.

Daddy making sure he gets recognition any way he can.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM.always at the pinnacle of LI teams.
As good as the Cham kids are, the team aspect seems lost - same as last year.
I think they believe their own press. Also many of the same kids with poor attitude from the football squad from a few years ago. Entitled pampered

Yes I agree Chaminade did not look like tight group and after a first half like that adjustments by coaching staff should have been made. Defense looked stiff and nonathletic at times and attacks ride was slow. WM is a better team this year and has better coaching. I am sure Coach CoachMor was not happy. I think they should play more games against Suffolk A then traveling out of state.

Same goes for St Anthony's, but go ahead plan a trip to Carolina next year. Hope those out of state games validates your self proclamations. Love to see them play top 5 or 6 LI teams.

Tell your HS. St. Anthonys several open days and flexibility on the schedule. Say what you want about the program, but if any HS on LI calls they'll play them. It's not up to then to prove anything especially since no other team on LI would go near Darien, Niscayuna, Staples, DeBarton or Yorktown in the same year. Friars do, no mater if it's an up or down year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they believe their own press. Also many of the same kids with poor attitude from the football squad from a few years ago. Entitled pampered

Yes I agree Chaminade did not look like tight group and after a first half like that adjustments by coaching staff should have been made. Defense looked stiff and nonathletic at times and attacks ride was slow. WM is a better team this year and has better coaching. I am sure Coach CoachMor was not happy. I think they should play more games against Suffolk A then traveling out of state.

Same goes for St Anthony's, but go ahead plan a trip to Carolina next year. Hope those out of state games validates your self proclamations. Love to see them play top 5 or 6 LI teams.

Tell your HS. St. Anthonys several open days and flexibility on the schedule. Say what you want about the program, but if any HS on LI calls they'll play them. It's not up to then to prove anything especially since no other team on LI would go near Darien, Niscayuna, Staples, DeBarton or Yorktown in the same year. Friars do, no mater if it's an up or down year.

The catholics have a lot of flexibility to play teams from NY, CT, NJ, PA. The LI publics are restricted by sec 11-Suffolk and sec 8-Nassau as to the number of games they can play and have virtually no flexibility (typically 2 games outside the section). So, can we stop with the requests for games/matchups that should happen and that some schools are "ducking" games. Please get informed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's talk about this particular article in Lacrosse Insider. It was covering the Ward Melville vs Chaminade game which we all already know.The title of the article :

This is one of the most incredible HS goals we have ever seen. I was hooked by the title right away. I wanted more had to click on it.

What's amazing about the article is the player who threw the inbounds pass. Remember the inbounds pass lol. Gets more ink and detailed write up than the player that actually scored the goal. This is the article below. After reading something just doesn't seem right here.

"The play; with Chaminade having possession of the ball with 5.9 seconds left in the half, trailing Ward Melville 7-4, Chaminade coach Jack CoachMor called for timeout.

The Flyers' (players name) who is headed to Yale after decommitting from John's Hopkins and who wears the prestigious No.19 this season, cleanly fed the inbounds pass to (players name)with about two seconds to go.

"(Players name) knowing he didn't have time to set and shoot, fired a spectacular over the shoulder behind the back shot that got past WM goalie with no time left on the clock.

Just think about it the player who scored the so called, "One of the most incredible HS goals we've seen "just gets a brief mention. Yet the kid who threw the inbounds pass gets all the ink. His number, school he decommitted from and where he's going.

Daddy making sure he gets recognition any way he can.

Can someone link to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever this is has a creepy obsession.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The catholics have a lot of flexibility to play teams from NY, CT, NJ, PA. The LI publics are restricted by sec 11-Suffolk and sec 8-Nassau as to the number of games they can play and have virtually no flexibility (typically 2 games outside the section). So, can we stop with the requests for games/matchups that should happen and that some schools are "ducking" games. Please get informed.

Exactly so when there are easily 5 teams from Suffolk A, 5 Teams from Suffolk B/C and 5 teams from Nassua that can be chosen. There are a lot of choices. The LI school will is up 1 NL to play one of the two. Don't see the issue you are referring to.

Splitting hairs for Chaminade, they could throw in another Suffolk team. Already plays w Nassua teams in Manhassett and Massapequa.

St. Anthony's no reason not to play Ward Melville in season and another Suffolk like Hills East (not as close as West but a relative home.gamenfor.either schoool). Next year would be great to see Smithtown West take on the friars. Take Syosett and Manhassett off the schedule. Add some fresh LI talent. Not like these coaches don't know who will and won't be the better teams. But go south, go take these boys on an extended trip. Good luck with that, not a gamble I'd take for their futures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly so when there are easily 5 teams from Suffolk A, 5 Teams from Suffolk B/C and 5 teams from Nassua that can be chosen. There are a lot of choices. The LI school will is up 1 NL to play one of the two. Don't see the issue you are referring to.

Splitting hairs for Chaminade, they could throw in another Suffolk team. Already plays w Nassua teams in Manhassett and Massapequa.

St. Anthony's no reason not to play Ward Melville in season and another Suffolk like Hills East (not as close as West but a relative home.gamenfor.either schoool). Next year would be great to see Smithtown West take on the friars. Take Syosett and Manhassett off the schedule. Add some fresh LI talent. Not like these coaches don't know who will and won't be the better teams. But go south, go take these boys on an extended trip. Good luck with that, not a gamble I'd take for their futures.

Not a gamble you'd take with their futures? Laughable. All these kids will be in college soon enough and own their own. Worry about your own kid. Sounds like he is the one that needs a chaperone. Or a helicopter daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So St A's should take long time games against some usually strong Nassau teams just to play the Suffolk teams that you think may be good. How did SW do against SE the last few years. So now SW can finally win a game against SE and you want St A's to schedule them. Geez.....please stop your nonsense. The schedules aren't made to make you happy. Maybe you should have your AD approve travel down south to play some different teams and worry about your own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So St A's should take long time games against some usually strong Nassau teams just to play the Suffolk teams that you think may be good. How did SW do against SE the last few years. So now SW can finally win a game against SE and you want St A's to schedule them. Geez.....please stop your nonsense. The schedules aren't made to make you happy. Maybe you should have your AD approve travel down south to play some different teams and worry about your own team.

Exactly, now you get it! Yes, you are supposed to change your schedule to play the toughest schedule. It's not like you dont know the teams that will be strong or have a down year. You are again right in that the schedules arent to make me happy, but to challenge your team. I dont care if you go out west or south, would be great experiences, just be prepared. Probably best to do that in 2020.

I also feel you should plan for tougher LI teams. Maybe at least get 3 on the schedule, and 3 CT, 1 upstate, 1 Westchester, 1 NJ, 5 catholics. Leaves room for 2 out of region games.

You do a great job setting up a challenging schedule, but everything can always be improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, now you get it! Yes, you are supposed to change your schedule to play the toughest schedule. It's not like you dont know the teams that will be strong or have a down year. You are again right in that the schedules arent to make me happy, but to challenge your team. I dont care if you go out west or south, would be great experiences, just be prepared. Probably best to do that in 2020.

I also feel you should plan for tougher LI teams. Maybe at least get 3 on the schedule, and 3 CT, 1 upstate, 1 Westchester, 1 NJ, 5 catholics. Leaves room for 2 out of region games.

You do a great job setting up a challenging schedule, but everything can always be improved.

Sounds like you want the AD job. But again, worry about your team......its less stressful.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI publics, I am confused. Massapequa can play 5 out of conference games. How is it, that they came play 5 OOC games, but you are talking only two are allowed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI publics, I am confused. Massapequa can play 5 out of conference games. How is it, that they came play 5 OOC games, but you are talking only two are allowed?

LI cath, yes you are confused. The quandary is hopefully you chose parochial for the very structured force feed education that some students benefit from and you should be commended for that. However getting caught up in the over hyped Lax world is a miscalculation on your part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau(8) allows 5 OC games, Suffolk (11)just 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI cath, yes you are confused. The quandary is hopefully you chose parochial for the very structured force feed education that some students benefit from and you should be commended for that. However getting caught up in the over hyped Lax world is a miscalculation on your part.

The question was about Massapequa and other section 8 programs. You did not answer the question. Instead you came across as offering a backhanded compliment/insult. Why? The question was not worthy of a pot shot.

The answer to the original poster's question is that Sec. 8 permits 5 OOC games while Sec 11 permits 2.

To the responder .....Don't minimize this possibility... Maybe they chose parochial (assume you mean Chaminade / St. Ants/ or Kellenberg) because they value a faith based education emphasizing the whole person. I assure you that not everyone goes to these schools for lacrosse- and not every lacrosse player is there just for lacrosse either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question was about Massapequa and other section 8 programs. You did not answer the question. Instead you came across as offering a backhanded compliment/insult. Why? The question was not worthy of a pot shot.

The answer to the original poster's question is that Sec. 8 permits 5 OOC games while Sec 11 permits 2.

To the responder .....Don't minimize this possibility... Maybe they chose parochial (assume you mean Chaminade / St. Ants/ or Kellenberg) because they value a faith based education emphasizing the whole person. I assure you that not everyone goes to these schools for lacrosse- and not every lacrosse player is there just for lacrosse either.

Thin skinned Lad you are and the point hopefully not at the top of your head is the # of OOC games in " LI publics " are due to numbers in Nassau & Suffolk A. Simply stating you can even look said numbers up the and do the math.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thin skinned Lad you are and the point hopefully not at the top of your head is the # of OOC games in " LI publics " are due to numbers in Nassau & Suffolk A. Simply stating you can even look said numbers up the and do the math.

OK Yoda,

Not thin skinned- just pointing out that you took liberty with a reasonable question (Pequa's ooc games) and somehow made it a pot shot on a completely unrelated topic (parochial schools).

Then I gave the answer.

Then I pointed out a very likely flaw to your misguided cheap shot.

If your answer was simply a matter of innocent but poor reading comprehension skills (yours) then I apologize. However, If as I suspect, you were being a determined jerk, then it was noticed and I took great pleasure in exposing you for the hammerhead that you are.

Now back to real lacrosse talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Yoda,

Not thin skinned- just pointing out that you took liberty with a reasonable question (Pequa's ooc games) and somehow made it a pot shot on a completely unrelated topic (parochial schools).

Then I gave the answer.

Then I pointed out a very likely flaw to your misguided cheap shot.

If your answer was simply a matter of innocent but poor reading comprehension skills (yours) then I apologize. However, If as I suspect, you were being a determined jerk, then it was noticed and I took great pleasure in exposing you for the hammerhead that you are.

Now back to real lacrosse talk.
OK terrific jerky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for this answer. Yes I saw it (by doing the math) and was truly confusidid, just like the new B/C div II in Suffolk. But to the other jerk, okay I get it. I thought i knew a lot about NY lacrosse, but never thought there was an OOC disparity between Nassua and Suffolk.

Is this a conversation for the summer state meetings or is this just a section XI conversation. This has got to change. It is good XI has some sort of ranking component but really, playing the last place teams for the 6-10th placed teams is not good. Those teams should not have to be forced to play the bottom 4 or 5 teams that doesnt help them. 2 or 3 maybe Let them go OOC to get a better challenge.

Make Sect XI great again!!!

No competitive team wants to play. There has got to be a level of sportsmanship and competitive drive. and playing these teams does nothing for ranking it can actually be counterproductive.
Middle Country
Pat Med
Longwood
Floyd
Brentwood
Copaigue
North babylon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for this answer. Yes I saw it (by doing the math) and was truly confusidid, just like the new B/C div II in Suffolk. But to the other jerk, okay I get it. I thought i knew a lot about NY lacrosse, but never thought there was an OOC disparity between Nassua and Suffolk.

Is this a conversation for the summer state meetings or is this just a section XI conversation. This has got to change. It is good XI has some sort of ranking component but really, playing the last place teams for the 6-10th placed teams is not good. Those teams should not have to be forced to play the bottom 4 or 5 teams that doesnt help them. 2 or 3 maybe Let them go OOC to get a better challenge.

No competitive team wants to play. There has got to be a level of sportsmanship and competitive drive. and playing these teams does nothing for ranking it can actually be counterproductive.
Middle Country
Pat Med
Longwood
Floyd
Brentwood
Copaigue
North babylon

How bout just relaxing and let “kids” play a “kids” game. The last thing they need is the Roger Goodell of LI lacrosse. You’re ridiculous and sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middle Country
Pat Med
Longwood
Floyd
Brentwood
Copaigue
North babylon

How bout just relaxing and let “kids” play a “kids” game. The last thing they need is the Roger Goodell of LI lacrosse. You’re ridiculous and sad!

AMEN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ronan Clooney, an amazing attackman from Chaminade has just committed to Fairfield in the 2019 class. This kid flew under the radar for a long time, but is finally getting the respect he deserves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ronan Clooney, an amazing attackman from Chaminade has just committed to Fairfield in the 2019 class. This kid flew under the radar for a long time, but is finally getting the respect he deserves.

Thanks mom!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are freshman tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He went to Chaminade to commit to Fairfield, a mid level D1!?? Please don’t come on here and brag about that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats. Fairfield is a great campus, good location good school especially in Finance. Lax team and program is marginal. Hopefully you chose the school for the school and did not go there for Lax. Coach will change over the next four years as well. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are freshman tryouts?

You missed the tryouts? You should have been on Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats. Fairfield is a great campus, good location good school especially in Finance. Lax team and program is marginal. Hopefully you chose the school for the school and did not go there for Lax. Coach will change over the next four years as well. Good luck.

Boring school and mediocre lacrosse, which is why so many players leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for this answer. Yes I saw it (by doing the math) and was truly confusidid, just like the new B/C div II in Suffolk. But to the other donk, okay I get it. I thought i knew a lot about NY lacrosse, but never thought there was an OOC disparity between Nassua and Suffolk.

Middle Country
Pat Med
Longwood
Floyd
Brentwood
Copaigue
North babylon

what team does your little bench warmer watch games with? would like to know so when one of the "bottom" teams plays them tight i can try to pick out your left out superstar.@wouldrathermysonplayswithfriendsthanwatches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for the coming year for Chaminade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same has every year you say your loaded with D1 talent, and then you lose 4 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They get hammered by Saint Anthony's?.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 -5 losses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is St. Dominics lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will lose to SA in each game they play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really, St. Dom's? That ship has sailed 2 years ago. Will they be playing any fall games on the island to double down on that. Next you'll ask about SJB and St. Mary's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really, St. Dom's? That ship has sailed 2 years ago. Will they be playing any fall games on the island to double down on that. Next you'll ask about SJB and St. Mary's

I have no idea what your trying to say, I asked a simple question. Just want to find out some info on how competitive St. Dominics lax is. If you can not provide a useful answer, please keep your ridiculous comments to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SD has good coach who is looking to build program-- after years of sub-par coaching with folks who didn't know d--k....but they will always be restrained due to the fact that they are smaller Catholic HS that has deep problems with enrollment thus causing problems getting players who can lax...only so much success they can have with limited #'s. If your son is a decent player who can hold his own with other "larger" schools talent, then he will be fine with much playing time. If he is middle of road, then he will be fine too because there is no depth and he will play a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SD has good coach who is looking to build program-- after years of sub-par coaching with folks who didn't know d--k....but they will always be restrained due to the fact that they are smaller Catholic HS that has deep problems with enrollment thus causing problems getting players who can lax...only so much success they can have with limited #'s. If your son is a decent player who can hold his own with other "larger" schools talent, then he will be fine with much playing time. If he is middle of road, then he will be fine too because there is no depth and he will play a lot.

Thank you, now that was a very helpful post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no idea what your trying to say, I asked a simple question. Just want to find out some info on how competitive St. Dominics lax is. If you can not provide a useful answer, please keep your ridiculous comments to yourself.

Okay, how this - great coach. not much by the way of overall talent. Here and there they have players. 2 years ago they had a good handful of starters. If your going to SD for other than lacrosse great, have at. if you're going for lacrosse think again. Same goes for SJB and SM.

Now if you are really interested in their lax, a good indication would be seeing them play in the fall. Many high school teams play fall tournaments. Find out if they are playing.

Chammy plays in some off season tournaments. SA coaches are too lazy and value their club $$ more so I doubt you will see them out there. It is funny though, most of SA talent is 91 kids maybe they will push to play more off season as a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are Chaminade and St Anthony's out of Conference (out of State) schedule? When does that get announced to the masses. When do the publics schedules get finalized?

Like Reply Quote
Page 102 of 111 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard