BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The LI Express and Express North teams that made the trip to DE did not fair much better.

Annapolis won both of their games. Kind of expected since they have 5 12 year olds. LI Express beat North. DC Express was also there.

There is a DC Express in the 2026 age? I thought those kids stayed with BLC until they got to high school.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love how express charges 3800 for their B team and they got crushed today by town teams

Crushed say they got DESTROYED. Shame on Express putting a product out like that and the cost. Wake up parents

My sons team played them. Its def a money grab. Lets put a director as coach promise the world and take kids that should not be playing travel. There was basically not defense. Boys just walking in on those poor goalies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love how express charges 3800 for their B team and they got crushed today by town teams

Crushed say they got DESTROYED. Shame on Express putting a product out like that and the cost. Wake up parents

My sons team played them. Its def a money grab. Lets put a director as coach promise the world and take kids that should not be playing travel. There was basically not defense. Boys just walking in on those poor goalies

Who they play ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who they play ?

Blowouts...

LI Express Wieczorek 2026 - 4
vs
Spartan Lacrosse 2026 - 8

Sachem 2026 - 13
vs
LI Express Wieczorek 2026 - 2

Long Island Lacrosse Club 2026 - 12
vs
LI Express Wieczorek 2026 - 0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who they play ?

LILC vs. Express

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What / Who is Long Island Lacrosse Club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks don’t have any 12 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What / Who is Long Island Lacrosse Club?

I believe they are a new club out of Port Washington

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's a hold back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who they play ?

Blowouts...

vs

Sachem 2026 - 13
vs

vs

That’s a shame .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Blowouts...

vs

Sachem 2026 - 13
vs

vs

[/quote]

Maybe the field was wet? Twelve lucky goals, perhaps? Don’t read too much into an Express team losing to town teams.. for all you know, they’ll be knocking off their Express Haugen brethren by springtime.. just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Blowouts...

vs

Sachem 2026 - 13
vs

vs

[/quote]

Maybe the field was wet? Twelve lucky goals, perhaps? Don’t read too much into an Express team losing to town teams.. for all you know, they’ll be knocking off their Express Haugen brethren by springtime.. just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who they play ?

Blowouts...

vs

Sachem 2026 - 13
vs

vs

That’s a shame .

Wait. That’s a Shame? Or Sham?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honest don’t have a problem with them having a B team with kids new to lacrosse. My issue is charging 3800. The same price as the A team. That’s insane. Even 91 charges less for there B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honest don’t have a problem with them having a B team with kids new to lacrosse. My issue is charging 3800. The same price as the A team. That’s insane. Even 91 charges less for there B team

Anybody know how many players that Express B team is carrying? If they have 19 or 20, and the kids are learning and playing a lot, and they’re getting legit coaching, that’s a very different thing than if they carry 25+ and they’re paying for the Express name..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody know how many players that Express B team is carrying? If they have 19 or 20, and the kids are learning and playing a lot, and they’re getting legit coaching, that’s a very different thing than if they carry 25+ and they’re paying for the Express name..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a small roster and an outstanding coach. You can't get better than that and he is hands on and coaches them up. Problem is... that team was a not good last year and they had to rebuild and didn't attract a lot of talent at tryouts. And rebuilding a B team is hard because parents worry about the attention the team gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Respectfully disagree. There was plenty of talent at tryouts. There was close to 60 kids. My kid is a B team player. I would have gladly had him play on the B team if they weren’t charging an insane price for the B team(also the same price as the A team). Us B team parents know the A team is gonna get more attention. As a result the B team should be less money than the A.

They have a small roster and an outstanding coach. You can't get better than that and he is hands on and coaches them up. Problem is... that team was a not good last year and they had to rebuild and didn't attract a lot of talent at tryouts. And rebuilding a B team is hard because parents worry about the attention the team gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that the A team takes too many players, so you have no chance of the B team getting any talent. Thats why the Express B teams go no where.
And for that price you should have 3-4 coaches. If you dont have that your wasting your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that the A team takes too many players, so you have no chance of the B team getting any talent. Thats why the Express B teams go no where.
And for that price you should have 3-4 coaches. If you dont have that your wasting your money.

That’s not really the problem. The problem is the price. Why pay 3800 when I can go to another b level club for half the cost. The rebel’s was 2600 for the season (no I’m not mike Brennan.). True blue 2300, legacy 3000. If they lowered their price they would get god kids to stay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not really the problem. The problem is the price. Why pay 3800 when I can go to another b level club for half the cost. The rebel’s was 2600 for the season (no I’m not mike Brennan.). True blue 2300, legacy 3000. If they lowered their price they would get god kids to stay

Hopefully people are starting to wake up on the cost of these teams !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The market has grown saturated.. There is no way even the top clubs can keep increasing costs 10-15% a year. We are at peak club lacrosse. Consumers need to ask themselves if it makes sense to pay over $3k for potentially up to 10yr just for the shot at 'maybe' getting a partial scholarship for college.
Economic reality should matter.
I have a max amount i'm willing to spend each year for my son's travel that i simply wont go beyond. If my club's tuition increases beyond that - I will look elsewhere ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Lacrosse Club is a new youth club based from the Adult Club Long Island Lacrosse based out of Port Washington, but have roslyn and manhasset kids also, and are looking for more players as well. Coach is Steve Sombrotto. My son is in the program and it is in depth, August through late June. (takes off the summer months so kids including mine can enjoy camp.) Play a ton of tournaments 3 or 4 in fall , 5 in the spring, Fall league, Ton of gear, all for $1400. Cant beat it, and team is well coached and competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Lacrosse Club is a new youth club based from the Adult Club Long Island Lacrosse based out of Port Washington, but have roslyn and manhasset kids also, and are looking for more players as well. Coach is Steve Sombrotto. My son is in the program and it is in depth, August through late June. (takes off the summer months so kids including mine can enjoy camp.) Play a ton of tournaments 3 or 4 in fall , 5 in the spring, Fall league, Ton of gear, all for $1400. Cant beat it, and team is well coached and competitive.

Forgot to mention that also included is 16 winter session workouts, and 16 Speed and agility training sessions as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so sure. I think if the team is good and the coaching is good, people would pay. People pay just practice with teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Respectfully disagree. There was plenty of talent at tryouts. There was close to 60 kids. My kid is a B team player. I would have gladly had him play on the B team if they weren’t charging an insane price for the B team(also the same price as the A team). Us B team parents know the A team is gonna get more attention. As a result the B team should be less money than the A.

Most were there for the A team and would not accept the B team. Meaning they couldn’t attract families from tryouts. Even with a varsity coach of a nationally ranked program, it was talent more than cost. That team will be good and will likely add a few players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is bogus about the Hawks having 12 year olds. I was on the sidelines and a group of LI dads started complaining about the hawks having hold backs as soon as the game got out of hand. One LI dad, maybe you, came back to watch part of the Express North game and complained that our bench was different, implying that we added 2025 players. The 2026 kids didnt even leave the bench as they had back to back games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age is completely dominated by 3 teams... Express, 91, and maybe Igloo. No other team is remotely in the same league...

Were those 2 Express teams in DE this weekend their top teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is bogus about the Hawks having 12 year olds. I was on the sidelines and a group of LI dads started complaining about the hawks having hold backs as soon as the game got out of hand. One LI dad, maybe you, came back to watch part of the Express North game and complained that our bench was different, implying that we added 2025 players. The 2026 kids didnt even leave the bench as they had back to back games.

Can you confirm that these are the same players on the Hawks as last year? If so, a parent told me personally that there "are 3 or 4" 11 year olds on the team. That would make them 12 this year depending other birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can't beat them, claim they have holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you confirm that these are the same players on the Hawks as last year? If so, a parent told me personally that there "are 3 or 4" 11 year olds on the team. That would make them 12 this year depending other birthday.

There can definitely be 11 year olds on the team, just like ANY 2026 team. There are kids with fall birthdays you know. As far as the same kids, who knows?? does any team return the same kids every year?

So a parent told you that they had 3-4 11 year olds and you post on here that they have 5 12 year olds? Like I said, there is something as a fall birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one checks and there are fall birthdays, but some take liberties and fall birthdays turn into summer birthdays which turn into, well I guess the kid could be left back, it does become a little ridiculous.
The only thing that matter should be calendar year birthday. You should only be allowed to play on a 2026 team if you are born in 2008. 2007 you should be on a 2025 team. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong, the vast majority, like 47 of 50 states have laws that say to start Kindergarten you have to turn 5 befor 10/1 of that year. In Maryland you start K if you turn 5 by 8/31. Yes, some of the Hawks will turn 11 this fall and early winter, but none are 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was actually from the referee that there was 5 kids on the Hawks that were 12 right now. The referee commented to the Annapolis coach that he had some big kids. The coach replied that 5 were 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one checks and there are fall birthdays, but some take liberties and fall birthdays turn into summer birthdays which turn into, well I guess the kid could be left back, it does become a little ridiculous.
The only thing that matter should be calendar year birthday. You should only be allowed to play on a 2026 team if you are born in 2008. 2007 you should be on a 2025 team. Period.

That's not how it works. There's different age kids in every grade. So a fall bday kid has to play up, what happens to him when the grade ahead of him graduates and he wants to play lacrosse the summer before his senior year?

Most of Maryland football is 7u, 8u, 9u and so on. You need a state issued ID to play and it's checked pre game each week. Maybe lacrosse will have to get there eventually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can only speak about the express north team. Yes that was their top north 26 team.Why they made them make the trip with only 13 players and without their best players who were playing football is very strange. Also a 7 hour round trip for 2 games...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don t doubt for a minute that all the boys on the Hawks are 2026’s. What all of us here on LI have issue with is that all the boys are older and more mature that we have to play. 12-18 months at these developmental ages is huge. I was at the Hawks game and several of those boys were obviously older and more mature than then the Express kids. Please don’t argue that point. Own it. You aren’t breaking any rules but why the BS that every one Is 9-10 like the boys on Express, or any of the Long Island teams. Please.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The oldest child on The Hawks 2026 team turned 11 in July. He did not even play in the Express North game. Funny thing is, he is the smallest player on the team. There are in fact 5 players that are 11, the rest are 10. Most of the team are returnkng players from last year, and the core group has been there since the beginning 3 years ago.

Children go through growth spurts at different ages. It is sad that there were parents complaining as soon as the game started. Complaining that kids have calf muscles...seriously, that is your basis on how old a kid is? Aside from that, it was good to play a team such as those express teams. They a a talented group of boys with plenty of good lacrosse ahead for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong, the vast majority, like 47 of 50 states have laws that say to start Kindergarten you have to turn 5 befor 10/1 of that year. In Maryland you start K if you turn 5 by 8/31. Yes, some of the Hawks will turn 11 this fall and early winter, but none are 12.

You’re missing the whole point. If the state of Maryland says you start K if you turn 5 by 8/31, well what if the parents hold their kids back, and don’t start him in school until the following year? Or a kid is held back for academic reasons? That’s obviously a huge advantage, short term, especially at this age, if they’re playing with a younger grade. But long-term, being held back actually hurts development.. big fish/small pond...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express does the same thing to other teams, they are always looking for older bigger kids,. Dont hate the player hate the game. I agree move toward a U system at the time of the event. If you age out, then you go on another team, best way to do it, most fair way. I dont mind my kids playing with older kids, in fact i encourage it, only will make them better, only drawback is when there is physicality that kids maybe a year or year and a half older bring that someone could get hurt. I would never understand why anyone would want to play younger weaker kids, but it happens.

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard