BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What was the score of the hawks game

10-3 crabs

So much for that zone D and great goalie now that kids can shoot from the outside. Better learn how to play man D now.

Hawks had a good portion of their team missing for the game. Keep celebrating while you can though. You won’t have the chance again. Glad to see your coach didn’t keel over, it looked like it was touch and go there for awhile.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did team 91 do up in PA yesterday? Played Freedom, Rising Sons, and Patriot

Didn't see the Rising Sons game but I am going to assume 91 won - Rising Sons is still developing as a team.
91 tied Patriot after being down 4 - 1 at the half.
Freedom beat Patriot 7-6. Freedom looked sloppy,

So is 91 Md

Just a correction

Freedom beat 91 7-6. I think they beat Patriot 7-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont get all excited its fal ball Crabs dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did team 91 do up in PA yesterday? Played Freedom, Rising Sons, and Patriot

Didn't see the Rising Sons game but I am going to assume 91 won - Rising Sons is still developing as a team.
91 tied Patriot after being down 4 - 1 at the half.
Freedom beat Patriot 7-6. Freedom looked sloppy,

Freedom beat Patriot 8-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs players are man-sized, faster, and stronger. Their starters can literally run circles around 75% of their opponents' starters. They simply outmatched the other teams on Sunday. The Hawks top attack and goalie had bad days but it is still a HOCO Elite team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10-3 crabs

So much for that zone D and great goalie now that kids can shoot from the outside. Better learn how to play man D now.

Hawks had a good portion of their team missing for the game. Keep celebrating while you can though. You won’t have the chance again. Glad to see your coach didn’t keel over, it looked like it was touch and go there for awhile.

Like I said... here come the excuses. They were missing 4 kids, 2 who were contributors. They would not have made a 7 goal difference. Hawks parents on the sidelines were hilarious to watch as the reality set in that their days of winning with gimmicky defensive schemes and holdback players vanished before their eyes. Now we get to see if the Hawks coaches can actually coach and develop players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs players are man-sized, faster, and stronger. Their starters can literally run circles around 75% of their opponents' starters. They simply outmatched the other teams on Sunday. The Hawks top attack and goalie had bad days but it is still a HOCO Elite team.

Obviously the comment about Hawks dropping down was a joke. Last fall 91 beat Club Blue

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

10-3 crabs

Like I said... here come the excuses. They were missing 4 kids, 2 who were contributors. They would not have made a 7 goal difference. Hawks parents on the sidelines were hilarious to watch as the reality set in that their days of winning with gimmicky defensive schemes and holdback players vanished before their eyes. Now we get to see if the Hawks coaches can actually coach and develop players.

No excuses we played terrible, actually they were missing 7 guys from that game. Enjoy the win you were the better team on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie and Top Attack had bad days? Neither were there against the Crabs and both played well in the early games. Hawks lefty attack is also injured. You Hawks haters may want to relax a bit. They may not be quite as dominant as last year but they are definitely one of the top 2 teams in HoCo. Not even a question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs does not develop players. They import and reclassify. Then crabmam claims credit every year coaching the 8th grade team on 9th grade age kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs Dads + Hawks Dad = ???

Solve the equation

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Crabs Dads + Hawks Dad = ???

Solve the equation

I’m terrible at solving riddles...please enlighten us with you infinite wisdom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Dad here. Just wanted to provide some insight in regards to what was observed during Sunday’s play day. The Hawks came out way to arrogant and cocky. They played sloppy and disinterested. There main goalie made zero saves, FOGO was 50% at best, offense looked crappy and of course the zone D. A couple of bright spots was there new D pole and goalie. The played solid. The only reason we loss was because of those two guys.

The Crabs came out to play! They look like they were in mid-season form. They looked like they wanted to make a point and boy did they! Crabs were big, strong and fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tiny PP's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the crabs do against the other teams in the playday?

I hear the Hawks best 4/5 kids left to go to a Football game. Including the starting goalie and too attackman.

Also, it’s October. Chill Crabs and Hawks dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Dad here. Just wanted to provide some insight in regards to what was observed during Sunday’s play day. The Hawks came out way to arrogant and cocky. They played sloppy and disinterested. There main goalie made zero saves, FOGO was 50% at best, offense looked crappy and of course the zone D. A couple of bright spots was there new D pole and goalie. The played solid. The only reason we loss was because of those two guys.

The Crabs came out to play! They look like they were in mid-season form. They looked like they wanted to make a point and boy did they! Crabs were big, strong and fast.

Get a life Ryan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Go back to the NY forum no one here wants your opinion. If i had had to guess your one of three 1. New goalies dad
2. New D-pole dad
3. FLID

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks, new Hawks goalie Dad.

Stop trolling your new team. Not a good look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Job Ryan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^ He speaketh the truth!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh No, Hawks' Dads in fighting. Sounds like HOCO AA is in there future!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Oh No, Hawks' Dads in fighting. Sounds like HOCO AA is in there future!!!

I sure hope so... if not we will have a long season playing with the “elite” teams. Did anyone ever figure out the riddle?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy how many players are being heldback in 8th grade. Will be fun seeing who has the biggest players this year.
Great talent at this level with all these 9th graders...i mean 8th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy how many players are being heldback in 8th grade. Will be fun seeing who has the biggest players this year.
Great talent at this level with all these 9th graders...i mean 8th graders

There were already plenty of 2023 boys a year older that did prefirst or repeated as middle school grade. Everyone knows the McD game. Some parents even do it and hide the kid at St James or parish schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's why we call them HOLD BACK CHEATERS!!!!! I'm sorry there in the rules

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with what they are doing. Clearly within the rules. There is no reason that a player shouldnt be one to two years older than the majority of players they go against. They are on grade. End of story.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Whats going to be your excuse next year in HS when theres a four year age difference between FR-SR ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ILovePigs

Whats going to be your excuse next year in HS when theres a four year age difference between FR-SR ???

Technically it could be a 5 year difference between his snowflake freshman and a holdback cheater senior.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]that's why we call them HOLD BACK CHEATERS!!!!! I'm sorry there in the rules

Technically it could be a 5 year difference between his snowflake freshman and a holdback cheater senior

My son is on age and I have no problem with holdbacks. To each his own. I find that the majority of the parents that complain about it have children that cant play at a high level but cant put their own ego aside and play where they would be more competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]that's why we call them HOLD BACK CHEATERS!!!!! I'm sorry there in the rules

Technically it could be a 5 year difference between his snowflake freshman and a holdback cheater senior

My son is on age and I have no problem with holdbacks. To each his own. I find that the majority of the parents that complain about it have children that cant play at a high level but cant put their own ego aside and play where they would be more competitive.

You and Pocahontas. Same myth. It’s the holdbacks that can play on the level. Your holdback is the one who needs the extra year. And you that do it are chasing the dream. Try steroids next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=ILovePigs][quote=Anonymous]that's why we call them HOLD BACK CHEATERS!!!!! I'm sorry there in the rules

Whats going to be your excuse next year in

“Play where they would be most competitive” you say referring to on age kids.... does that also apply to justify snowflake holdback and his dad’s ego - repeat a year of school so you can compete against younger players? Your statement sounds like Hillary Clinton being the face of me too and defending her husband’s misconduct. It’s called hyprocrisy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it ...no excuse for the holdbacks!!!!Yeah let’s leave my kid back a year for lacrosse...haha...let me pump up my chest as my 9th grader plays against some kids who haven’t reached puberty yet...Really looking out for the best interests of your kid....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last three posters = same guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t rec lax and aren’t all rec sports structured with 2 year age gaps (5-6th grade then 7-8th grade)? As the parent of on age sons, the holdback argument is purely a parent ego problem. At this age it’s especially sensitive because of puberty and the differences in development. So for all those parents/sons out there feeling low about playing in or not playing in the Elite division against bigger/better players, don’t stress just keep practicing. Play on a team where you get good coaching, where you get ample playing time, and you have fun with your teammates because eventually your later development will even itself out and college recruiters will still be watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses then but this is youth lacrosse. If you want to play elite(AAA) expect hold backs. AA a couple of hold backs. If HOLDBACKS are playing A or B thats called CHEATING.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Pal leagues in NY are based on 1 grade. Even Quint Kessenich from ESPN called you guys out on your inability to field competitive teams in the WSYL because you can't play holdbacks. Here we go... let the WSYL haters chime in ( but no matter how you feel...it is a true measure of a team, based on legitimate age markers) Yes the holdback issue goes away once they get into High School... but overall 6/7/8 graders playing kids a year or two older is a big deal. There is no need for it now due to new NCAA regulations. As someone said earlier, talent will overcome size later on.. Just keep telling yourself that holding back your youngster is ok. Sounds more like it is feeding your ego to me. BTW I only posted #274593 above....Sorry not the same person

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best part is when privileged entitled junior is a perfirst or holdback but still can’t start on his club team and everyone knows it. And hammerhead dad is standing on the sideline head to toe in team gear while the others are laughing behind his back. But he is on hear running his mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why it matters at in youth. Try to keep up. Assume all kids are the same age and a 2023 team has 23 spots. Fair competition. Now assume 5-10 snowflakes do an extra year of school. They have an unfair advantage for the 2023 team. Now let’s look at high school. Assume on age kids for 9-12 grade for say 30 spots for V and 30 for JV. Fair competition. But now assume 5-10 kids each grade have done an extra year of school. Fair competition. Even you ha,mere heads can see the holdbacks now in 12th grade should have graduated, and those in 10th should be in 11th therefore ineligible for JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look. Can't we all stop arguing about holdbacks and snowflakes and find something we can all agree on? Like the fact that Hawks mom's are pigs, or that Hawks dad's are red necks?

Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard