BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It will be interesting to watch the 2023 age group this fall as play dates and tournaments start. The following teams: Lax factory, Wolfpack, BLC, and Club Blue will now be wearing 3d, True, Express, and Madlax uniforms. Will the play and overall player experience be better, worse, the same? The one certainty is that collectively all of these parents had to pay much higher fees for youth lacrosse. I also noticed that Duke's VA is playing the MD Lax Tournament. I will like to see how the smaller local clubs do.

Why do you say “these parents had to much higher fees for youth lacrosse”? What is your basis?

I have an older kids and a 2023 and after trying out and getting offers for a few teams I am familiar with what some of these teams charge. It is a logical assumption that the national programs with marketing directors and full time office staffs and elaborate networks need to charge more than the local team coached by dads. That is not saying there is not a benefit to a large club in terms of opportunity but it will just be interesting to watch. At this age group the impact is very different from even last season.

No - all clubs will charge as much as they can until they don't have enough kids to field a team. It all depends on what the market will bear.

Hoco, Kelly Post, Catonsville, Green Hornets, Hereford, etc., are offshoots of rec or travel teams and will be cheaper, but you will generally have to play on their rec/travel team in the spring in order to do their club games in the summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "rec" type clubs charge anywhere from $350 to $450 a season maybe less in fall combined under $1000 for the year. The non national clubs, Crabs, Hawks ect... about $2500 and some of the National clubs closer to $4k with box and/or winter training some are closer to $5K not including travel ect....For many parents, especially those already paying $20K per year for school this is not even a consideration but for some it makes a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs is $2150 this year. But you get a lot of gear. Helmets, gloves, lot of Nike clothes, discounted Nike cleats. FCA charges $2500 and you get no helmet, no gloves, etc. Shooter shirt, uniform and sweats. Prices vary but all clubs offer different things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "rec" type clubs charge anywhere from $350 to $450 a season maybe less in fall combined under $1000 for the year. The non national clubs, Crabs, Hawks ect... about $2500 and some of the National clubs closer to $4k with box and/or winter training some are closer to $5K not including travel ect....For many parents, especially those already paying $20K per year for school this is not even a consideration but for some it makes a difference.

So much misinformation in this post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs is $2150 this year. But you get a lot of gear. Helmets, gloves, lot of Nike clothes, discounted Nike cleats. FCA charges $2500 and you get no helmet, no gloves, etc. Shooter shirt, uniform and sweats. Prices vary but all clubs offer different things.

Helmet and glove are not included with the registration dee, you stunad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the FCA dues include an overnight retreat that has nothing to do with lacrosse but does seek to convert kids to born again Christians.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Specifically what National club with a Maryland team charges $4000?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here come the Hawks excuses....

Also, their super goalie... he stinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses. You guys had a great game. We will get you next time that’s guarantee!!! Leave the goalie alone he was left out on an island by himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll take my goalies over 1 and 0 any day and twice on Sunday! 1 and 0 are the bail out kings. HAHAHA! With that defense you guys have in front of them there’s no need to bail out. Don’t be scared. Hahaha!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll take my goalies over 1 and 0 any day and twice on Sunday! 1 and 0 are the bail out kings. HAHAHA! With that defense you guys have in front of them there’s no need to bail out. Don’t be scared. Hahaha!!!

I think you've been over served. Go home, you're drunk. Oh, wait - that's how you Hawks Dad's deal with those pigs at home. I get it now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the hawks game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you've been over served. Go home, you're drunk. Oh, wait - that's how you Hawks Dad's deal with those pigs at home. I get it now.

Why is it when the truth comes out everyone gets butt hurt. Its all over YouTube, you can see it for yourself. Bail King!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses. You guys had a great game. We will get you next time that’s guarantee!!! Leave the goalie alone he was left out on an island by himself.

We will see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10-3 crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was Long Island team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I witnessed 5-6 hawks running to the parking lot before the crabs game. They must of been scared and the big one was driving himself RIDICULOUS!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I witnessed 5-6 hawks running to the parking lot before the crabs game. They must of been scared and the big one was driving himself RIDICULOUS!!!

You're an stunad. It is football season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournament did crabs/hawks play in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either scared or had football games to get to. One or the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it when the truth comes out everyone gets butt hurt. Its all over YouTube, you can see it for yourself. Bail King!!!

Sounds like dads for goalies on both teams going at it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was my son driving he only has his permit. I over indulged on the mimosas at the tailgate ... if you have seen my wife you would understand!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth football plays games on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores guys??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

incorrect- check out the AA county and Kent County websites if you must. Sometimes Saturdays, Sometimes Sundays. Yesterday (sunday) county rec teams played. Clearly, you son does not play county football. A little googling would have saved you a post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either way
Maryland wins the day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

incorrect- check out the AA county and Kent County websites if you must. Sometimes Saturdays, Sometimes Sundays. Yesterday (sunday) county rec teams played. Clearly, you son does not play county football. A little googling would have saved you a post.

Football checks birth certificates... how can all of these holdback kids play? Interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did team 91 do up in PA yesterday? Played Freedom, Rising Sons, and Patriot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Football checks birth certificates... how can all of these holdback kids play? Interesting.

indeed- it is a wide ranging conspiracy that all those 8th grade hawks kids are holdbacks for lacrosse AND football.. . crazy. . .everyone is in cahoots to win lacrosse tourneys and then the coveted county rec football championship. yes, that must be it. unless, wait for it, they are on age. whoa. . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are only holdbacks in your imagination. But in fact you have to provide three forms of verification in some leagues. Maybe they had makeup HS games ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs looked good yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't see the Rising Sons game but I am going to assume 91 won - Rising Sons is still developing as a team.
91 tied Patriot after being down 4 - 1 at the half.
Freedom beat Patriot 7-6. Freedom looked sloppy,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The attackman repeating 8th grade helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scores???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was my son driving he only has his permit. I over indulged on the mimosas at the tailgate ... if you have seen my wife you would understand!!!

^^^ This guy gets it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't see the Rising Sons game but I am going to assume 91 won - Rising Sons is still developing as a team.

Freedom went 3-0... Sloppy come on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10-3 crabs

So much for that zone D and great goalie now that kids can shoot from the outside. Better learn how to play man D now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is 91 Md

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10-3 crabs

So much for that zone D and great goalie now that kids can shoot from the outside. Better learn how to play man D now.

They played man D in first half. It was ugly so they went zone. That was ugly so they went back to man. Wonder what they are going to do now that they are out of options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10-3 crabs

They played man D in first half. It was ugly so they went zone. That was ugly so they went back to man. Wonder what they are going to do now that they are out of options.

Is it too early to suggest maybe the Hawks play AA in HOCO this spring?

Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard