BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
columbus day schedule is up. not bad. igloo, legacy and bbl all legit

24 will be there with all their non paying players from other teams that are not playing. And of course that will include the giant 8th grader that doesn't leave the field. Poor paying parents will be sat on the side while the guests play their first tourney of the year.

What if they make championship? Just confirming they have a standing invite to other teams top players that didn’t make it. Just confirming no change in that policy either. Thanks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There should be a room here for threads called Clueless Daddies. Then you all can sit around bashing all the top clubs and predict the future of how the Top A teams will be ran. There is no reason to be on here bashing programs at all unless you have a deep down hatred or jealousy for what goes on within these programs. Ranting about being "taken" for your $ and Clubs don't care about your sons makes no sense unless you have a real issue with these teams\programs. If you don't want to spend $ on Travel then don't but don't sit here and lay out why others shouldn't.. like you invented the exclamation point. And when you use the word holdback, you sound so foolish I'm embarrassed for you. Being "older" than my son doesn't make any player better than him, yeah maybe if your son is on the smaller size that might be a problem but my son is just as good and the same size as the so called holdbacks. It all comes down to your sons are just not making the cut in talent or size and you just cant get over it so the only way to deal with it is to yell from the roof tops that Clubs are scams and the "New" kids will take your sons spot. C'mon man is that what you tell your family about the guy who makes more money than you " he's a scam, somebody likes him better than me, he took that position I should have gotten, its not fair" you sound like a Jealous crybaby. Is that the example you want to set for your boy??? My son has made lifelong friends being in this Travel world and I would never deny him that..to think its for a scholarship or recruitment efforts shows how small minded you really are and are just lost. You have a serious deep embedded issue with these people or programs and it shows. Walk away from the Travel scene like a man don't sit here and babble why others shouldn't be part of Travel lacrosse no matter what team they play for or level they compete at. Being a business is no reason to deny your son the experience and skill building these programs bring to the table. I'm not a club owner but have been around it with 2 different grade levels and every player who is at camps\showcases have their High School and Club Team they play for highlighted, now why is that? Club ball is by no means a necessity for success but let people decide for themselves not by your "I'm 100% accurate BS"

Dude. Off the meds again??

Look at the amount of effort spent defending club lacrosse. It isn't just parents on this board.

You actually read that???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 will be there with all their non paying players from other teams that are not playing. And of course that will include the giant 8th grader that doesn't leave the field. Poor paying parents will be sat on the side while the guests play their first tourney of the year.
Is there any team that people do not bash. JEEZ

Obviously you have no experience with this team. Big time low life’s for coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know if East Islip Marina / Columbus Day Invitational is a dog-friendly park?
yes it is. just make sure you clean up after him or her. 500 fine

----------------------

$500 for the dog or for not cleaning up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard just about enough from you snow flake raising, participation trophy parents. Just listen to yourselves... o my poor little Rabil Jr. has to compete for playing time. It makes so much sense to put my little Rabil Jr. on a team where his skills are superior to any other kid so he can stay out on the field the entire game. Let me ask you a question. What is your little Rabil Jr. going to do when he lands that D1 scholarship to Duke or Yale and now has 6-7 other All-Americans fighting to get minutes on the field? Or more importantly when he is competing in school or work for that grant or promotion? You won’t be able to step in and fix it then. More than likely you’ll be stepping in to pick up the pieces. The boys who both stayed and joined that WP team this year will be practicing with the best players and coaches in the COUNTRY. It will be a battle everyday and will not only make for a better team but better individual players. Do me a favor and go home look little Rabil Jr. in the face and be honest with him. Let him know that his Mommy or Daddy was so insecure about his skill and ability that it was easier for him to leave than disappointment them. PS The ironic thing is that Mommy or Daddy probably never played a meaningful minute of sports in their life. IRON SHARPENS IRON!!!!

You make a good point about snowflake parents and what kids will face in the future. But you are missing the real point from a person who played youth, HS, D1, post grad club ect,.... This is 7th grade!! Back in the day we played for our town team and never ever would a coach put more than 24 kids on a team. Kids do need to play in games. I get that you have to play with the best to beat the best. I think what makes parents crazy is the business OUR generation has created out of something that should NOT be a for profit business. When a kids gets to a top college program playing time is earned but in 7th grade I think coaches should be up front with players and parents about playing time. I would never sign my son up for a 7th grade team with a 40 kid roster. It shows that money is valued over the player and winning = more $$. The club has a right to charge and take as many kids as they want and I have a right to play my son wherever I want.

Why shouldn’t this be a for profit business? Most absurd statement ever on botc and that’s saying a lot.
Take your issues offline. No one cares

Actually not absurd at all. It’s true. Shouldn’t be pay to play. When it’s all about the mighty buck, it’s all about winning first and player development second. That is the order of priorities. That’s why coaches discourage the use of off hand, especially early on, or trying new things, for fear it won’t work and the team will lose possession of the ball.

I’m convinced that’s why high school teams and even D1 players don’t have off hands today, compared to back in the day. It use to be, a player simply didn’t make a varsity HS squad without a very good off hand. Now, most HS players don’t have a decent off hand, and that’s why you rarely see it. Why? Clubs never stressed the importance of it at an early age, so kids don’t develop it, like they did from before pay to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the Uprising tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There should be a room here for threads called Clueless Daddies. Then you all can sit around bashing all the top clubs and predict the future of how the Top A teams will be ran. There is no reason to be on here bashing programs at all unless you have a deep down hatred or jealousy for what goes on within these programs. Ranting about being "taken" for your $ and Clubs don't care about your sons makes no sense unless you have a real issue with these teams\programs. If you don't want to spend $ on Travel then don't but don't sit here and lay out why others shouldn't.. like you invented the exclamation point. And when you use the word holdback, you sound so foolish I'm embarrassed for you. Being "older" than my son doesn't make any player better than him, yeah maybe if your son is on the smaller size that might be a problem but my son is just as good and the same size as the so called holdbacks. It all comes down to your sons are just not making the cut in talent or size and you just cant get over it so the only way to deal with it is to yell from the roof tops that Clubs are scams and the "New" kids will take your sons spot. C'mon man is that what you tell your family about the guy who makes more money than you " he's a scam, somebody likes him better than me, he took that position I should have gotten, its not fair" you sound like a Jealous crybaby. Is that the example you want to set for your boy??? My son has made lifelong friends being in this Travel world and I would never deny him that..to think its for a scholarship or recruitment efforts shows how small minded you really are and are just lost. You have a serious deep embedded issue with these people or programs and it shows. Walk away from the Travel scene like a man don't sit here and babble why others shouldn't be part of Travel lacrosse no matter what team they play for or level they compete at. Being a business is no reason to deny your son the experience and skill building these programs bring to the table. I'm not a club owner but have been around it with 2 different grade levels and every player who is at camps\showcases have their High School and Club Team they play for highlighted, now why is that? Club ball is by no means a necessity for success but let people decide for themselves not by your "I'm 100% accurate BS"

Dude. Off the meds again??

Look at the amount of effort spent defending club lacrosse. It isn't just parents on this board.

Of course it’s not. You thought it was??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very poor showing for the legacy tourney this weekend. They couldn’t even get their own B team to go? You know you got a bad tourney when your own teams won’t go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very poor showing for the legacy tourney this weekend. They couldn’t even get their own B team to go? You know you got a bad tourney when your own teams won’t go.
was always a small tourney. B team not ready yet . That's why. still 31 teams in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Express Schwalje and Pac? Not ready?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrified! Those in the know say igloo is stacked!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halloween havoc schedule. 91 tourney and no 91 teams!

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/R...ivision=h2018100115574997626efc4a708ca4b

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP never plays that tourney. Express should have been there. A lot of the boys have JV football

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP never plays that tourney. Express should have been there. A lot of the boys have JV football

Zing! that was good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard best iglue ATTACKMAN trying out for pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that pack has had 3 practices and their big Taz midi #3 has only been to one?? Same ole same ole. Told you so! And the drama begins! Lmao!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in Blatant Fall Jam? How many divisions will there be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that pack has had 3 practices and their big Taz midi #3 has only been to one?? Same ole same ole. Told you so! And the drama begins! Lmao!!

That is because he is playing to the family team 91 Florida titians of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]columbus day schedule is up. not bad. igloo, legacy and bbl all legit

That 8th grader will hurt someone or himself. The way his parents and coaches are using him just to prove they can win is so sad...... not sure how 24 can sleep at night - they are by far the worst offenders in every aspect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]columbus day schedule is up. not bad. igloo, legacy and bbl all legit

That 8th grader will hurt someone or himself. The way his parents and coaches are using him just to prove they can win is so sad...... not sure how 24 can sleep at night - they are by far the worst offenders in every aspect.

I totally agree. As bad as it gets. Total rip off for the parents that actually pay. Their kids sit every time they are able to get a guest player to replace them. You doubt that, ask any parent from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for the Taz vs iglu game? I think coaching is going to make a huge difference for taz this year. So even though they lost some of their top talent to rival pack, I predict they will be a better team than last year. I’ll take Taz and lay 2 points. ~Not a Tazzie, but a fan! Go TEAM Taz!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like pack has only had a couple of practices. Not sure that team actually needs any practice from what I hear. Talent sounds like it is overflowing. What’s expresses excuse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed. Pack upgrading at every spot before Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like pack has only had a couple of practices. Not sure that team actually needs any practice from what I hear. Talent sounds like it is overflowing. What’s expresses excuse?

Not part of the budget. Would have to actually pay to enter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not part of the budget. Would have to actually pay to enter

That’s an excuse??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if the player you are afraid of is of age what is your beef? boy plays good hard nose lax.enough already!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a FO kid that was Taz 2 years ago to WP last year now back to Taz , man people don’t stop moving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a FO kid that was Taz 2 years ago to WP last year now back to Taz , man people don’t stop moving.

Actually it was more than 2 years ago but yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m pretty familiar with both teams and I don’t know of any igloo player that could be considered an upgrade to any pack player at any position. Not a pack daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if the player you are afraid of is of age what is your beef? boy plays good hard nose lax.enough already!!!

Is he of age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he of age?

No. Hard to keep a kids grade a secret. He’s in 8th grade. Well known fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he of age?

No. Hard to keep a kids grade a secret. He’s in 8th grade. Well known fact.

He is absolutely not in 7th grade.. He posted his class schedule to instragram...right above him winning a 2024 tournament. My son pointed it out as, see this is the kid that tried to break my arm. 2 4 are the lowest of the low. They're a lawsuit in the making.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if they make championship? Just confirming they have a standing invite to other teams top players that didn’t make it. Just confirming no change in that policy either. Thanks.

That's correct. I believe they have posted on their website the curriculum and pecking order.

Pecking order is,
1- older kid from another club
2- kid from another club
3- older kid from 24 program
4- work release program kids
5- paying players (please note, paying players will not see the field unless up by 25 goals.

They're also staying consistent with the theme of acting like animals and trying to hurt people. It is fun to beat them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

----

But he is not of age and he plays hard yes but very cheap so we get to keep going. I honestly dont mind my son playing against the older kids but when they are older and dirty is when it gets dangerous. I wish my son could play down and pad his stats. Must be so much fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the B teams attackman and the dad paid for the spot, fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m pretty familiar with both teams and I don’t know of any igloo player that could be considered an upgrade to any pack player at any position. Not a pack daddy.

Very True.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's correct. I believe they have posted on their website the curriculum and pecking order.

Pecking order is,
1- older kid from another club
2- kid from another club
3- older kid from 24 program
4- work release program kids
5- paying players (please note, paying players will not see the field unless up by 25 goals.

They're also staying consistent with the theme of acting like animals and trying to hurt people. It is fun to beat them!

Thanks for confirming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's an outright lie.

A lot of teams get bashed on here, mostly just to get a rise out of people. Hopefully we all know, the great majority of the posts on BOTC is total BS. However, this is NOT. When you hear about youth lacrosse being the wild west of sports, with no inforced rules and basically anything goes, they are not in reference to reputable teams like Express or 91. They are about teams like 24 Lacrosse. What you read about this team is 100% accurate. I have seen it first hand. This team is one of the blood suckers of youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just checked Tourneymachine. Taz CRUSHED both I-glue and 24 lacrosse. Neither team could remotely compete. Never expected 24 to give any A team trouble, but surprised Iglue couldn't at least give them a game. Completely shut out! How embarrassing, especially considering Taz lost so many top players this year. Apparently Zummo has those boys back playing team lacrosse, like the Keenan days. Congrats Taz!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's an outright lie.

A lot of teams get bashed on here, mostly just to get a rise out of people. Hopefully we all know, the great majority of the posts on BOTC is total BS. However, this is NOT. When you hear about youth lacrosse being the wild west of sports, with no inforced rules and basically anything goes, they are not in reference to reputable teams like Express or 91. They are about teams like 24 Lacrosse. What you read about this team is 100% accurate. I have seen it first hand. This team is one of the blood suckers of youth lacrosse.

What 24 team played today in Islip? Everyone knows this, why do people go back?

Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard