BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 70 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous

It is a crap spot for parents of kids who have been on the team who will lose playing time. They have been a top 3 team for a long time with their kids playing. The big 2 new additions will eat up a lot of their time. Fair or not. Can’t blame the team either. It’s a business and that is how the top teams should operate. It’s the parents that make the change fun to watch from the outside.

Welcome to the business of elite travel sports. That’s exactly how the game is played. The coach makes decisions on playing time based on what he thinks is best for the team. Then parents make decisions for their children based on what is best for them. That’s the way it works. Nothing personal. Just business. True for every travel team, not just elite ones. Having said that, I would expect there to be a lot of movement on this team for next year, and possibly even before. With the abundance of talent that they have, there is no possible way to keep everyone happy. Savy competitive coaches will keep close tabs on the goings on of that team, with an eye out for disgruntled parents. As soon as the tourneys begin, and a player hierarchy is established, playing time issues will emerge. Then the fun begins.

Everything you say is correct and I agree with it. It's a business and the club needs to win in order to keep up their revenue. We were in a spot where it no longer made sense to be with a club, so we left and looked for greener pastures. Again, no malice, it's a business decision. We didn't like the offering so we left and went to a better offer. Doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. And then the club actually gave us crap for leaving. Loyalty is a two-way street and these boneheads expect us to be loyal when they make a decision we don't like and pay them for the privilege. Yeah, I don't think so.

Exactly. And that team is going to have several pissed off families when they find out that their kids, who got this team to the elite status that they have enjoyed for the past several years, are now basically being kicked to the curb, in favor of the Johnny come lately biggie holdbacks. Very sad, but the way this business works. But one teams trash is another teams treasure. They are going to make for some very nice pieces of another teams puzzle. I wish them the best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Columbus Day invitational should be out this weekend, looking forward to see Taz vs Express A play each other

Schwalje not playing unless they add last minute. Wish they were. Practicing 3x a week. would like to see if makes a difference. plus all the new kids.

Practicing 3 times a week? That’s a lot for off season workouts, especially considering most of the kids have MS practices every week day. Must be grueling for the kids.

why? I heard S2S practicing 3 days a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Columbus Day invitational should be out this weekend, looking forward to see Taz vs Express A play each other

Schwalje not playing unless they add last minute. Wish they were. Practicing 3x a week. would like to see if makes a difference. plus all the new kids.

Practicing 3 times a week? That’s a lot for off season workouts, especially considering most of the kids have MS practices every week day. Must be grueling for the kids.

Your 12 year old goes to a 2 hour football or soccer practice. Then grabs a Buger King whopper on his way to a 2 hour lax practice. Then he goes home and does his homework. That doesn’t seem like a lot to you?? In case you’re still not sure, it is!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the travel level there is no off season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all losers. Sad little people posting nonsense on a public forum. Does anyone REALLY care about 7th grade lacrosse? If so, then you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Well said.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all losers. Sad little people posting nonsense on a public forum. Does anyone REALLY care about 7th grade lacrosse? If so, then you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Well said.
You are on here. stunad. if you did not care why be on this site at all . Must be a liberal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your 12 year old goes to a 2 hour football or soccer practice. Then grabs a Buger King whopper on his way to a 2 hour lax practice. Then he goes home and does his homework. That doesn’t seem like a lot to you?? In case you’re still not sure, it is!!

Skip the homework. He’s going pro in lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skip the homework. He’s going pro in lax!

Lmao. Oh yeah. I forgot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a crap spot for parents of kids who have been on the team who will lose playing time. They have been a top 3 team for a long time with their kids playing. The big 2 new additions will eat up a lot of their time. Fair or not. Can’t blame the team either. It’s a business and that is how the top teams should operate. It’s the parents that make the change fun to watch from the outside.

Welcome to the business of elite travel sports. That’s exactly how the game is played. The coach makes decisions on playing time based on what he thinks is best for the team. Then parents make decisions for their children based on what is best for them. That’s the way it works. Nothing personal. Just business. True for every travel team, not just elite ones. Having said that, I would expect there to be a lot of movement on this team for next year, and possibly even before. With the abundance of talent that they have, there is no possible way to keep everyone happy. Savy competitive coaches will keep close tabs on the goings on of that team, with an eye out for disgruntled parents. As soon as the tourneys begin, and a player hierarchy is established, playing time issues will emerge. Then the fun begins.

Everything you say is correct and I agree with it. It's a business and the club needs to win in order to keep up their revenue. We were in a spot where it no longer made sense to be with a club, so we left and looked for greener pastures. Again, no malice, it's a business decision. We didn't like the offering so we left and went to a better offer. Doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. And then the club actually gave us crap for leaving. Loyalty is a two-way street and these boneheads expect us to be loyal when they make a decision we don't like and pay them for the privilege. Yeah, I don't think so.

Exactly. And that team is going to have several pissed off families when they find out that their kids, who got this team to the elite status that they have enjoyed for the past several years, are now basically being kicked to the curb, in favor of the Johnny come lately biggie holdbacks. Very sad, but the way this business works. But one teams trash is another teams treasure. They are going to make for some very nice pieces of another teams puzzle. I wish them the best.

It’s their own fault. They believe the lies because they want to believe. But, deep down, they know the truth. It’s like holding a ticking time bomb in your hands and refusing to admit it’s going to go off. The ticking means at some point, the inevitable is going to happen no matter how much you wish it isn’t. They’re just fooling themselves. Meanwhile, the club is laughing it’s butt off on the way to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s their own fault. They believe the lies because they want to believe. But, deep down, they know the truth. It’s like holding a ticking time bomb in your hands and refusing to admit it’s going to go off. The ticking means at some point, the inevitable is going to happen no matter how much you wish it isn’t. They’re just fooling themselves. Meanwhile, the club is laughing it’s butt off on the way to the bank.

These kids and parents have been together a long time. They aren’t ignorant. Until a new pecking order is established, assuming it hasn’t already, they are hoping against hope that their kid is part of the plan. But, unless he is a starter, he simply won’t see any playing time in close games. Doesn’t matter that he has been a key member for the past several years. They wait for that realization to happen. At that point, the exodus will begin to occur, which will end next August.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These kids and parents have been together a long time. They aren’t ignorant. Until a new pecking order is established, assuming it hasn’t already, they are hoping against hope that their kid is part of the plan. But, unless he is a starter, he simply won’t see any playing time in close games. Doesn’t matter that he has been a key member for the past several years. They wait for that realization to happen. At that point, the exodus will begin to occur, which will end next August.

Brian Spallina's friends and family plan already cost him a WSYL with his 2021 team. He won't make that mistake again. Unlike the 2021 team, he's got no ties to these kids and will make the changes needed to bring home the title. He knows WP had too many friends and family already. It's why he's there. Loyalty means nothing, it is "what have you done for me lately?" that matters.

Parents obsessed with "being on the top team" and the WSYL will stay anyway at the expense of their child. The ones that see the big picture, that you're there for your child's development, will make a change. 7th graders want to play and they know who plays and who doesn't. Better to be the big fish in a little pond than a small fish in an ocean. The kids that play, for any team, will get better. The ones that don't will not.

When your young man is looking to get into a college and that WSYL polo shirt is in a box in the attic because it's too small, will the WSYL even matter? No, he'll be committed to playing at the Podunk School of Basketweaving dreaming of the trip to Denver in 7th grade when he stood on the sideline. Don't buy into the Club BS. WSYL doesn't matter. The NLF doesn't matter. Since the recruiting rule change, clubs are irrelevant except as a development hammerhead to help your son get better. They don't' want you to know this. They make money off your dreams. It's a lie. Your son can go to any college camp and get noticed without any help from the money grabbing clubs. Good luck everyone this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No we are not practicing 3x per week. My son is on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian Spallina's friends and family plan already cost him a WSYL with his 2021 team. He won't make that mistake again. Unlike the 2021 team, he's got no ties to these kids and will make the changes needed to bring home the title. He knows WP had too many friends and family already. It's why he's there. Loyalty means nothing, it is "what have you done for me lately?" that matters.

Parents obsessed with "being on the top team" and the WSYL will stay anyway at the expense of their child. The ones that see the big picture, that you're there for your child's development, will make a change. 7th graders want to play and they know who plays and who doesn't. Better to be the big fish in a little pond than a small fish in an ocean. The kids that play, for any team, will get better. The ones that don't will not.

When your young man is looking to get into a college and that WSYL polo shirt is in a box in the attic because it's too small, will the WSYL even matter? No, he'll be committed to playing at the Podunk School of Basketweaving dreaming of the trip to Denver in 7th grade when he stood on the sideline. Don't buy into the Club BS. WSYL doesn't matter. The NLF doesn't matter. Since the recruiting rule change, clubs are irrelevant except as a development hammerhead to help your son get better. They don't' want you to know this. They make money off your dreams. It's a lie. Your son can go to any college camp and get noticed without any help from the money grabbing clubs. Good luck everyone this year.[/quote]

These comments are 100% accurate. If anyone is new to this game of travel youth sports or this is your first go-round, and you haven't been through this entire process of youth to college, this entire thread is SPOT ON, including the part about recruitment. Let me be very clear. You are responsible for your sons recruitment by colleges, NOT the clubs. But, they aren't going to tell you that. If you wait for a club, your son will end up being a walk on, on some low end D3 team.

For the pack families, if your son is fortunate enough to not be replaced by a holdback, simply (and don't fool yourself), because there isn't one to replace him, then you are very lucky my friend. Enjoy the ride. But for you that are less fortunate, and by the luck of the draw, there is a hold back (or possibly several) at you sons position, then heed the advise in this thread. If your son is a member of this team, he is an extremely good player. See that he "plays" this year, where ever that may be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed but to be clear the S2s practices are 2 days a week one of the days being on Saturday. The 3rd practice that the poster was referring to is held on Sundays and is a team clinic with multiple teams, and is optional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When your young man is looking to get into a college and that WSYL polo shirt is in a box in the attic because it's too small, will the WSYL even matter? No, he'll be committed to playing at the Podunk School of Basketweaving dreaming of the trip to Denver in 7th grade when he stood on the sideline. Don't buy into the Club BS. WSYL doesn't matter. The NLF doesn't matter. Since the recruiting rule change, clubs are irrelevant except as a development hammerhead to help your son get better. They don't' want you to know this. They make money off your dreams. It's a lie. Your son can go to any college camp and get noticed without any help from the money grabbing clubs. Good luck everyone this year.

These comments are 100% accurate. If anyone is new to this game of travel youth sports or this is your first go-round, and you haven't been through this entire process of youth to college, this entire thread is SPOT ON, including the part about recruitment. Let me be very clear. You are responsible for your sons recruitment by colleges, NOT the clubs. But, they aren't going to tell you that. If you wait for a club, your son will end up being a walk on, on some low end D3 team.

For the pack families, if your son is fortunate enough to not be replaced by a holdback, simply (and don't fool yourself), because there isn't one to replace him, then you are very lucky my friend. Enjoy the ride. But for you that are less fortunate, and by the luck of the draw, there is a hold back (or possibly several) at you sons position, then heed the advise in this thread. If your son is a member of this team, he is an extremely good player. See that he "plays" this year, where ever that may be.
[/quote] Honestly, who cares. That's their issues , not yours. They can handle their own problems, without the pure wisdom from BOTC. I am sure they will be a great team like always.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard just about enough from you snow flake raising, participation trophy parents. Just listen to yourselves... o my poor little Rabil Jr. has to compete for playing time. It makes so much sense to put my little Rabil Jr. on a team where his skills are superior to any other kid so he can stay out on the field the entire game. Let me ask you a question. What is your little Rabil Jr. going to do when he lands that D1 scholarship to Duke or Yale and now has 6-7 other All-Americans fighting to get minutes on the field? Or more importantly when he is competing in school or work for that grant or promotion? You won’t be able to step in and fix it then. More than likely you’ll be stepping in to pick up the pieces. The boys who both stayed and joined that WP team this year will be practicing with the best players and coaches in the COUNTRY. It will be a battle everyday and will not only make for a better team but better individual players. Do me a favor and go home look little Rabil Jr. in the face and be honest with him. Let him know that his Mommy or Daddy was so insecure about his skill and ability that it was easier for him to leave than disappointment them. PS The ironic thing is that Mommy or Daddy probably never played a meaningful minute of sports in their life. IRON SHARPENS IRON!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard just about enough from you snow flake raising, participation trophy parents. Just listen to yourselves... o my poor little Rabil Jr. has to compete for playing time. It makes so much sense to put my little Rabil Jr. on a team where his skills are superior to any other kid so he can stay out on the field the entire game. Let me ask you a question. What is your little Rabil Jr. going to do when he lands that D1 scholarship to Duke or Yale and now has 6-7 other All-Americans fighting to get minutes on the field? Or more importantly when he is competing in school or work for that grant or promotion? You won’t be able to step in and fix it then. More than likely you’ll be stepping in to pick up the pieces. The boys who both stayed and joined that WP team this year will be practicing with the best players and coaches in the COUNTRY. It will be a battle everyday and will not only make for a better team but better individual players. Do me a favor and go home look little Rabil Jr. in the face and be honest with him. Let him know that his Mommy or Daddy was so insecure about his skill and ability that it was easier for him to leave than disappointment them. PS The ironic thing is that Mommy or Daddy probably never played a meaningful minute of sports in their life. IRON SHARPENS IRON!!!!

Translation: keep paying my club for the privilege to ride the pine. I make money off your gulliblity and the money I save on haircuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry snowflake daddy wrong once again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think the point , the poster was making was pretty clear - if for some reason, you find your kid on the short end of the stick , dont sit there and let him rot away , that will not help him in the future , dont get caught up in the whole wsyl drama as if it is the end all be all, if your kid wants to play lacrosse at a higher level, you need to be more than a practice dummy . im guessing Bennan Oneill would be great regardless of where he played his travel lacrosse. that said, lots of practice , lots of reps in games, and great coaching will expedite the learning curve faster than sitting on the bench for any team,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mother files lawsuit after son doesn't make high school soccer team......

LADUE, Mo. --
A federal judge has refused to order a Missouri high school to put a 16-year-old boy on a soccer team while his family sues for discrimination.

KSDK-TV reports that a federal judge denied the temporary restraining order Monday. The lawsuit is pending.

The lawsuit says the boy, identified as John Doe, didn't make the varsity soccer team at Ladue Horton Watkins High School, and was barred from returning to the junior varsity team because younger players are given precedence.

The lawsuit says that's discrimination, noting that the school lets female juniors play on the girls' junior varsity team.

In denying the restraining order, the judge said the school can set parameters for eligibility and success.

The Ladue School District said in a statement that it agrees with the judge's decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feeling pretty secure about juniors position on the team, apparently! How sure are you, exactly? From what I hear, no positions have been finalized. And if you think you’re exempt from this simply because your son may not play midi, think again. All those holdbacks could end up at pretty much any position! Not feel’n so confident now?? And when that happens, you will be the very first one to jump ship, daddy-o!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i think the point , the poster was making was pretty clear - if for some reason, you find your kid on the short end of the stick , dont sit there and let him rot away , that will not help him in the future , dont get caught up in the whole wsyl drama as if it is the end all be all, if your kid wants to play lacrosse at a higher level, you need to be more than a practice dummy . im guessing Bennan Oneill would be great regardless of where he played his travel lacrosse. that said, lots of practice , lots of reps in games, and great coaching will expedite the learning curve faster than sitting on the bench for any team,

There is no substitute for game experience. You can practice all you want, but if you can’t do it when it counts, it doesn’t matter. If your kid isn’t getting a significant amount of pressure, game time experience, then you are throwing away a tremendous amount of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes people get the short end of the stick. Happens all the time. Example: Two HS All Americans go to a top D1 school. They both have extraordinary talent and are for all practical purposes equally talented. But after two years, one of them gets an enormous amount of playing time while the other gets none. Why? The coach simply likes one better than the other. Not fair, but that’s the way it works. If your kid is the one with no playing time. What are you going to tell him?? Stick out the next two years on the bench, or transfer to an equally good team and get a fresh new start with a new coach? Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mother files lawsuit after son doesn't make high school soccer team......

LADUE, Mo. --
A federal judge has refused to order a Missouri high school to put a 16-year-old boy on a soccer team while his family sues for discrimination.

KSDK-TV reports that a federal judge denied the temporary restraining order Monday. The lawsuit is pending.

The lawsuit says the boy, identified as John Doe, didn't make the varsity soccer team at Ladue Horton Watkins High School, and was barred from returning to the junior varsity team because younger players are given precedence.

The lawsuit says that's discrimination, noting that the school lets female juniors play on the girls' junior varsity team.

In denying the restraining order, the judge said the school can set parameters for eligibility and success.

The Ladue School District said in a statement that it agrees with the judge's decision.

Theyre actually suing so the kid can be on JV as a Jr. Apparently they want to ensure he is made fun of each day too. I agree we need to stomp out bullying but when mom sues so you can be on JV is that really helping? did they buy him a shirt with a target on the back too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a room here for threads called Clueless Daddies. Then you all can sit around bashing all the top clubs and predict the future of how the Top A teams will be ran. There is no reason to be on here bashing programs at all unless you have a deep down hatred or jealousy for what goes on within these programs. Ranting about being "taken" for your $ and Clubs don't care about your sons makes no sense unless you have a real issue with these teams\programs. If you don't want to spend $ on Travel then don't but don't sit here and lay out why others shouldn't.. like you invented the exclamation point. And when you use the word holdback, you sound so foolish I'm embarrassed for you. Being "older" than my son doesn't make any player better than him, yeah maybe if your son is on the smaller size that might be a problem but my son is just as good and the same size as the so called holdbacks. It all comes down to your sons are just not making the cut in talent or size and you just cant get over it so the only way to deal with it is to yell from the roof tops that Clubs are scams and the "New" kids will take your sons spot. C'mon man is that what you tell your family about the guy who makes more money than you " he's a scam, somebody likes him better than me, he took that position I should have gotten, its not fair" you sound like a Jealous crybaby. Is that the example you want to set for your boy??? My son has made lifelong friends being in this Travel world and I would never deny him that..to think its for a scholarship or recruitment efforts shows how small minded you really are and are just lost. You have a serious deep embedded issue with these people or programs and it shows. Walk away from the Travel scene like a man don't sit here and babble why others shouldn't be part of Travel lacrosse no matter what team they play for or level they compete at. Being a business is no reason to deny your son the experience and skill building these programs bring to the table. I'm not a club owner but have been around it with 2 different grade levels and every player who is at camps\showcases have their High School and Club Team they play for highlighted, now why is that? Club ball is by no means a necessity for success but let people decide for themselves not by your "I'm 100% accurate BS"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make a good point about snowflake parents and what kids will face in the future. But you are missing the real point from a person who played youth, HS, D1, post grad club ect,.... This is 7th grade!! Back in the day we played for our town team and never ever would a coach put more than 24 kids on a team. Kids do need to play in games. I get that you have to play with the best to beat the best. I think what makes parents crazy is the business OUR generation has created out of something that should NOT be a for profit business. When a kids gets to a top college program playing time is earned but in 7th grade I think coaches should be up front with players and parents about playing time. I would never sign my son up for a 7th grade team with a 40 kid roster. It shows that money is valued over the player and winning = more $$. The club has a right to charge and take as many kids as they want and I have a right to play my son wherever I want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes people get the short end of the stick. Happens all the time. Example: Two HS All Americans go to a top D1 school. They both have extraordinary talent and are for all practical purposes equally talented. But after two years, one of them gets an enormous amount of playing time while the other gets none. Why? The coach simply likes one better than the other. Not fair, but that’s the way it works. If your kid is the one with no playing time. What are you going to tell him?? Stick out the next two years on the bench, or transfer to an equally good team and get a fresh new start with a new coach? Exactly!

Depends, if he's at an ivy you tell him to stick and focus on the hedge fund internship. If he's at penn state state or towson he's screwed anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a room here for threads called Clueless Daddies. Then you all can sit around bashing all the top clubs and predict the future of how the Top A teams will be ran. There is no reason to be on here bashing programs at all unless you have a deep down hatred or jealousy for what goes on within these programs. Ranting about being "taken" for your $ and Clubs don't care about your sons makes no sense unless you have a real issue with these teams\programs. If you don't want to spend $ on Travel then don't but don't sit here and lay out why others shouldn't.. like you invented the exclamation point. And when you use the word holdback, you sound so foolish I'm embarrassed for you. Being "older" than my son doesn't make any player better than him, yeah maybe if your son is on the smaller size that might be a problem but my son is just as good and the same size as the so called holdbacks. It all comes down to your sons are just not making the cut in talent or size and you just cant get over it so the only way to deal with it is to yell from the roof tops that Clubs are scams and the "New" kids will take your sons spot. C'mon man is that what you tell your family about the guy who makes more money than you " he's a scam, somebody likes him better than me, he took that position I should have gotten, its not fair" you sound like a Jealous crybaby. Is that the example you want to set for your boy??? My son has made lifelong friends being in this Travel world and I would never deny him that..to think its for a scholarship or recruitment efforts shows how small minded you really are and are just lost. You have a serious deep embedded issue with these people or programs and it shows. Walk away from the Travel scene like a man don't sit here and babble why others shouldn't be part of Travel lacrosse no matter what team they play for or level they compete at. Being a business is no reason to deny your son the experience and skill building these programs bring to the table. I'm not a club owner but have been around it with 2 different grade levels and every player who is at camps\showcases have their High School and Club Team they play for highlighted, now why is that? Club ball is by no means a necessity for success but let people decide for themselves not by your "I'm 100% accurate BS"

You’re right in that club ball is necessary. Mainly for the reps, the coaching, the friends and extra PLAYING time. Putting up with BS that some clubs and coaches use is not necessary. Look at the committed list. There are kids committed from clubs on there that aren’t a “top” club. Plenty in fact.

“Top” clubs use scare tactics. They talk about NLF. It’s a lie. Somehow they found those kids outside NLF and without a “top” club. Look at the list. College coaches don’t care about which club you’re from. Only what you can do for their team. But, you spend your money and your time however you like. Me, I’m an educated consumer. I make sure I know what I’m paying for and that I get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make a good point about snowflake parents and what kids will face in the future. But you are missing the real point from a person who played youth, HS, D1, post grad club ect,.... This is 7th grade!! Back in the day we played for our town team and never ever would a coach put more than 24 kids on a team. Kids do need to play in games. I get that you have to play with the best to beat the best. I think what makes parents crazy is the business OUR generation has created out of something that should NOT be a for profit business. When a kids gets to a top college program playing time is earned but in 7th grade I think coaches should be up front with players and parents about playing time. I would never sign my son up for a 7th grade team with a 40 kid roster. It shows that money is valued over the player and winning = more $$. The club has a right to charge and take as many kids as they want and I have a right to play my son wherever I want.

Why shouldn’t this be a for profit business? Most absurd statement ever on botc and that’s saying a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude. Off the meds again??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Profit is ok, high way robbery is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feeling pretty secure about juniors position on the team, apparently! How sure are you, exactly? From what I hear, no positions have been finalized. And if you think you’re exempt from this simply because your son may not play midi, think again. All those holdbacks could end up at pretty much any position! Not feel’n so confident now?? And when that happens, you will be the very first one to jump ship, daddy-o!

And I want you to come back on BOTC in 9 months, after your kid is replaced by one of the holdbacks, and your kid has just finished playing a total of 3 combined minutes in every tourney this year, and you just finished traveling the whole east coast, repeatedly, and Denver, and paid well over $10,000.00 for the privledge, and give us your snowflake rant again. Yeah. Fat chance.

You know it as well as I do. This is a business first, and youth training a distant second. If your kid is not a starter, your kid plays VERY little, if at all!

You have been very fortunate that your son has not YET experienced that. So you have your head in the sand thinking that could never happen to him, and so you spue this macho BS. News flash. That could easily happen to him with all the new holdbacks, and this could be the time and place.

Not feel’n so cocky anymore, daddy-o??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude. Off the meds again??

Look at the amount of effort spent defending club lacrosse. It isn't just parents on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
columbus day schedule is up. not bad. igloo, legacy and bbl all legit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why shouldn’t this be a for profit business? Most absurd statement ever on botc and that’s saying a lot.
Take your issues offline. No one cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know if East Islip Marina / Columbus Day Invitational is a dog-friendly park?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 will be there with all their non paying players from other teams that are not playing. And of course that will include the giant 8th grader that doesn't leave the field. Poor paying parents will be sat on the side while the guests play their first tourney of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know if East Islip Marina / Columbus Day Invitational is a dog-friendly park?
yes it is. just make sure you clean up after him or her. 500 fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 will be there with all their non paying players from other teams that are not playing. And of course that will include the giant 8th grader that doesn't leave the field. Poor paying parents will be sat on the side while the guests play their first tourney of the year.
Is there any team that people do not bash. JEEZ

Page 13 of 70 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard